Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? (7702 Views)

Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? / Atiku Narrowly Wins Edo State With 7849 Votes / Buhari Wins In Osun State With Low Margin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by LukasPodolski: 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
Dedetwo:

Awolowo never even said Gowon released him from Calabar prison because he knew Gowon's authority did not go beyond Ore. Ojukwu was the Military Governor of eastern region of Nigeria which Calabar was an integral part. In addition, Ojukwu did not recognize Gowon as anything. Now back the subject matter, Azikwe was the President of Nigeria and Mbazulike Amaechi was a minister of state. They did not need any favor from a fugitive such as Nelson Mandela but a show of support against the government of Republic of South Africa.
This is an interview with Calabar prison boss, attesting to the fact that Gowon released Awolowo

https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-the-plot-to-eliminate-awo-in-calabar-prison-was-foiled-gabriel-ohwo-ex-calabar-prisons-head/

From Gowon

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191679-why-i-released-awolowo-from-prison-gowon.html

There are lots of visual and Pictorial evidence that Gowon released Awolowo, go and watch them online.

was eastern region an independent country in 1966?

the above is more plausible than Ojukwu interview.

back to the topic, you're still saying nonsense, you haven't proof beyond reasonable doubt that Mandela was hiding in your Awka evil forest during the apartheid government in South Africa, and why did Mandela not acknowledge this (we understand that Mandela came to Nigeria for cover but not to this extend )

at least I showed you a picture of Mandela with Deinde Fernandez.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Gabriel004: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, i saw the list its waste of time bro, every sensible petson know ondo is not a match for edo
Quiet and proof it.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Gabriel004: 12:24pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

No i love them, i just dont like their cowardice and deceitfull nature, but they are good to we binis, i respect yorubas alot

That guy is just lieing on my head, to spread false hate
Who your likeness help. Benin, who are they in the scheme of things.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Gabriel004: 12:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
LukasPodolski:

still doesn't add up, I can, in nearest future say "President Macron" branched my house when he visited Nigeria.. hahah.

more like saying "Ojukwu's interview where he said he released Awolowo" is more valid than.

the Pictorial and Visual evidence of Gowon releasing Awolowo + Calabar prison guard boss attesting to the fact that he released Awolowo on the order of Gowon.

Let OSUs keep fooling themselves. They like to belong too.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Gabriel004: 12:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
Dedetwo:

Awolowo never even said Gowon released him from Calabar prison because he knew Gowon's authority did not go beyond Ore. Ojukwu was the Military Governor of eastern region of Nigeria which Calabar was an integral part. In addition, Ojukwu did not recognize Gowon as anything. Now back the subject matter, Azikwe was the President of Nigeria and Mbazulike Amaechi was a minister of state. They did not need any favor from a fugitive such as Nelson Mandela but a show of support against the government of Republic of South Africa.
Awolowo never said Gowon released him. But he told you that ojukwu was the one that released him right.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
Gabriel004:
Who your likeness help. Benin, who are they in the scheme of things.

Lol, who are they, are you asking such foolish questions
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 12:44pm On Dec 05, 2020
Balogunodua:

Junior broda? Even the Oba of Benin would slap you for that statement.. cheesy junior ko juju ni... grin

Dont let your ooni see this, he will disown you and your family from the yorubas confederacy grin
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Onlinesmart: 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Have some Shame bro when you lie, i love yorubas with passion i see them as junior brothers to binis, so why the hate
Junior? Yorùbá alone control 6 states plus 12 LGs in Kwara and 7 from Kogi. Benin is only confined to Edo state and its just a chunk of the state. When you wanna brag next time, check the time of the day cos thunders do strike even when sun shines. I don't know when potors become spokesperson to benin.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Gabriel004: 12:53pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, who are they, are you asking such foolish questions
Answer, who are Benin in the scheme of things.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 12:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
forgiveness:

1 & 2. Best universities in Nigeria by Times Higher education

3 & 4. Best universities in Africa by Times Higher education

Nigga did you skip my writeup up saying it is an overhyped school and yet you still brought the rubbish to me

those people who did the listing have not even seen unibadan physically on real life ground

If nigeria tell the listers unibadan is the best university in nigeria they put it there in thier list, and if they can bribe them anything can go
I see no reason unibadan ahould be in that list at all, no nigeria should be in the list even the university of benin not to say unibadan that thry teach with yoruba
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by DECLAN2015(m): 1:02pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Na mumu dey worry u, pray make u nor come dis life again come mumu

Edo state is widely and globally know for her historical hub and her artefact which have been featured on marvels movies

U mistake state for tribe
If one should take the whole yoruba or igbo as a single entity like u just did
The wholee edo state amount to nothing
So shift

Edo state was created out of Midwestern state August 1991

Edostate is the third largest state by landmass in southern part of nigeria nigeria after oyo and calabar

Edo state was the first state to grant free education from basic level to secondary school awolowo was not the first, it was ambrose ali who did it first

Edo state was the first state to start the endsars protest in nigeria after the video surfaced at ugheli, they took the first protest to ringroad and then to the oba palace before other state followed suit Edo odion(edo is the first)

Edo is the educational hub in nigeria
Uniben, used to be the most applied school and still among the top five most applied university in nigeria, it still hold the first in courses like medcine and law,
Ambrose Ali a state university in nigeria, is nigeria number one best in law school

Igbinedion University was the first private university in nigeria

Benson idahosa University is the first indigenous church university in nigeria
Literacy level in edo state is more than 80%

Benin city is the 6th populous city in nigeria out of 36 state

Notable people

Oba of Benin the most recognized monarch outside nigeria, the rest na chew gum

John Odigie Oyegun, First Governor of Edo state and former national chairman of the ruling APC

Godwin Obaseki, former chairman of the State's economic team and present Executive Governor of the State

Erhabor Emokpae, pioneer of modern arts in Nigeria

Admiral Mike Akhigbe, former vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Dele Giwa, Nigerian journalist, editor and founder of Newswatch magazine.

Senator Albert Legogie, former deputy senate president in the defunct Third Republic and a pioneer member of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Pa Michael Imoudu, labour leader and founder of the Nigeria state,

Chief Julius Momo Udochi, the first Nigerian ambassador to the United States,

Gen. George Agbazika Innih, who was one-time military governor of Bendel and Kwara State,
Major-General Abdul Rahman Mamudu Former Commander Nigerian Army Signals Corps and military administrator Gongola State,

Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, cofounder of Access Bank Plc and founder of Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG)

Adams Oshiomhole, past president of the Nigeria Labour Congress and former governor of Edo State; he built Edo University of Iyamoh, Edo State.

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, founder of the Believers Loveworld Nation

Prince Tony Momoh, former Minister of Information and Culture
Maymunah Kadiri, Nigerian mental health advocate
Commander Anthony Ikhazoboh, minister of sports and transport,

Professor Ambrose Alli, former governor of the defunct Bendel State. He created the Bendel State university now named after him.
John Momoh, Nigerian broadcast journalist and CEO of Channels TV

Professor Osayuki Godwin Oshodin, former vice chancellor of University of Benin
Jacob U. Egharevba, a Bini historian and traditional chief

Dr Samuel Ogbemudia, former governor of the midwest region of Nigeria and later Bendel state
Chief Anthony Enahoro, anti-colonial and pro-democracy activist and politician

Professor Festus Iyayi, novelist and first African to win the Commonwealth Writers Prize
Odia Ofeimun, poet and former president of the Association of Nigerian Authors

Dr Abel Guobadia, educator and former Nigerian ambassador to the Republic of Korea, former Chairman Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)

General Godwin Abbe, former Nigerian Minister for Interior and Defence
Archbishop John Edokpolo, founder of Edokpolo Grammar Schools and Political Activist
Sir Victor Uwaifo, musician

Archbishop Benson Idahosa, Pentecostal Church Leader

Sonny Okosun, musician

Augustine Eguavoen, former professional Nigerian footballer and coach
Felix Idubor, artist

Festus Ezeli, basketball player formerly with the Golden State Warriors

Modupe Ozolua, body enhancement and reconstructive surgery

Chief Tony Anenih, chairman of board of trustees (PDP) Once Minister of Work.
Gabriel Igbinedion, international business mogul and bini high chief and owner of ITV

Raymond Dokpesi, owner of Africa largest private television network and politician

Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen, film director, screenwriter and producer benin invasion 1897

Suyi Davies Okungbowa, African fantasy and speculative fiction author

Osaze Peter Odemwingie, professional footballer
Chris Aire-Iluobe, jeweler and timepiece designer
Francis Edo-Osagie, businessman

Kamaru Usman, professional mixed martial arts fighter contracted to the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and current welterweight champion.

Yakubu Ayegbeni, former professional footballer
Rema (Nigerian musician), musician signed to Mavin Records,

Philip Shaibu (born 1 December 1969, in Kaduna) an alumnus of University of Jos is a Nigerian lawmaker, politician and business man. He is currently the Deputy Governor of Edo State, Nigeria.

Eghosa Asemota Agbonifo, Politician, coordinator of Michael Agbonifo shoe a child foundation

Prof T. M. Yesufu, pioneer Vice-Chancellor of the University of Benin, economist.
Odion Jude Ighalo, Nigerian professional footballer.

Ekosodin :the most popular student area in nigeria

Which state can counter edo achievements

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2020
Gabriel004:
Answer, who are Benin in the he scheme of things.

A benin man requested for your country independence

A benin man is the man building drone for us government

A benin man is benson idahosa who brought the life of adoboye and oyedipo into ministry

A benin man is odion ighalo, victor oshimen
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Junior? Yorùbá alone control 6 states plus 12 LGs in Kwara and 7 from Kogi. Benin is only confined to Edo state and its just a chunk of the state. When you wanna brag next time, check the time of the day cos thunders do strike even when sun shines. I don't know when potors become spokesperson to benin.

You rant with your population like a poultry farms
In the end of the day when nigeria breaks
Will take back our yorubas state from yoruba

Lagos, ondo, ekiti will be coming with us the rest will follow oyo state
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by DECLAN2015(m): 1:11pm On Dec 05, 2020
[quote author=DECLAN2015 post=96756359][/quote]

U took Edo as a unit and u are bragging
Just imagine if i take yoruba or igbo as a unit
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Onlinesmart: 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Cocaine isn't good for your body.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Gabriel004: 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

A benin mam request for your countrys independence

A benin man is the man building drone for uk government

A benin man isbemson idahosa who brought the life of adoboye and oyedipo into life

A benin man is odion ighalo, victor oshimen
Benin man build drone for Uk government. I said it that you must be one of those IPOb.

Sometimes ago, many of you claimed US army came to purchase fighter jet at Aba, now this one hahahahaha.

Benin man brought Adeboye and oyedepo into life. In what way.

You must be a dence individual.

So, Akindolire who is from ondo is a Benin man.

A Benin man is ighalo and osimen, how have they help Nigeria.

Benin man request for Nigeria independent. So jaja nwachukwu, Fumilayo Ransome kuti are Benin, you are dull.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Gabriel004: 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Hahaha, who dash you lagos, Ondo(my state) and ekiti.

Who dash monkey banana.

You are not even ashamed of yourself. grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by forgiveness: 1:45pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Nigga did you skip my writeup up saying it is an overhyped school and yet you still brought the rubbish to me

those people who did the listing have not even seen unibadan physically on real life ground

If nigeria tell the listers unibadan is the best university in nigeria they put it there in thier list, and if they can bribe them anything can go
I see no reason unibadan ahould be in that list at all, no nigeria should be in the list even the university of benin not to say unibadan that thry teach with yoruba

You just made me laugh because you seem to be ignorant. grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by forgiveness: 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

LMAO. grin
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2020
Gabriel004:
Hahaha, who dash you lagos, Ondo(my state) and ekiti.

Who dash monkey banana.

You are not even ashamed of yourself. grin

I should be the one saying this, that youre not ashamed to admit truth
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 05, 2020
Gabriel004:
Benin man build drone for Uk government. I said it that you must be one of those IPOb.

Sometimes ago, many of you claimed US army came to purchase fighter jet at Aba, now this one hahahahaha.

Benin man brought Adeboye and oyedepo into life. In what way.

You must be a dence individual.

So, Akindolire who is from ondo is a Benin man.

A Benin man is ighalo and osimen, how have they help Nigeria.

Benin man request for Nigeria independent. So jaja nwachukwu, Fumilayo Ransome kuti are Benin, you are dull.

Yorubas are just too dull for my likings thats why i keep giving them insult, upon insult

Youre not a match for me on a debate not even in culture or politics thread

When i say something just accept it and don't try to fool yourself about it

Anthony enawohro was the first man who move the motion that we needed independence from the British

If you allow me prove the rest i will curse your family for you been a dunce

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Balogunodua(m): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Dont let your ooni see this, he will disown you and your family from the yorubas confederacy grin

Stale..... grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by LukasPodolski: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2020
Mr gregyboy can your please stop derailing the thread?
as you can see clearly, The original poster of this thread listed extraordinary things, wizards and exemplary people as notable people from Ogun state but you were countering him with ordinary and unknown people, just hearing some of the names you listed for the first time sef..

you sef judge nah.

Olusegun Obasanjo ---- the most respected politician in Nigeria, west Africa and second only to Nelson Mandela in Africa.

Anthony Joshua ----- The unified Heavyweight champion (in th same class with the likes of Mohammed Alli, Joe Frazer, George Foreman, Mike Tyson )

Wole Soyinka------ A Nobel prize winner (the biggest Award in academics)

Mike Adenuga------ The third richest man in Africa, who can feed Edo State for 10 straight years)

Fela Kuti------ the greatest Entertainer in Nigeria and one of the greatest in Africa)

Bet9ja---- the biggest Bookmaker in Africa
GLO--- the Telecom service provider with the second highest number of subscribers in Nigeria after MTN
Bigi--- is currently the best beverage and soft drink maker in Nigeria at the moment (this company is currently ahead of Coca cola in NIGERIA MARKET)

is the above analysis not extraordinary to you? no state will even come close, the analysis above is too astonishing.

cc
ToomuchStuff

4 Likes

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Sammy07: 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2020
reallest:

Obafemi Owode local government in Ogum state will beat Edo state hands down,let alone Ogun state as a whole.can Benin be compared to Ido local government in Oyo state?
Don't mind that guy

Ekiti alone will trash whatever list he's bringing

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Sammy07: 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

You rant with your population like a poultry farms In the end of the day when nigeria breaks Will take back our yorubas state from yoruba
Guy which weed do you smoke grin Which Ondo? which ekiti?
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2020
Gabriel004:
We don't know them. Are they on forbe lost?
Lol!
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2020
LukasPodolski:
Mr gregyboy can your please stop derailing the thread?
as you can see clearly, The original poster of this thread listed extraordinary things, wizards and exemplary people as notable people from Ogun state but you were countering him with ordinary and unknown people, just hearing some of the names you listed for the first time sef..

you sef judge nah.

[s]Olusegun Obasanjo ---- the most respected politician in Nigeria, west Africa and second only to Nelson Mandela in Africa[/s].

Anthony Joshua ----- The unified Heavyweight champion (in th same class with the likes of Mohammed Alli, Joe Frazer, George Foreman, Mike Tyson )

Wole Soyinka------ A Nobel prize winner (the biggest Award in academics)

[s]Mike Adenuga------ The third richest man in Africa, who can feed Edo State for 10 straight years)[/s]

[s]Fela Kuti------ the greatest Entertainer in Nigeria and one of the greatest in Africa[/s])

[s]Bet9ja---- the biggest Bookmaker in Africa
GLO--- the Telecom service provider with the second highest number of subscribers in Nigeria after MTN
Bigi--- is currently the best beverage and soft drink maker in Nigeria at the moment (this company is currently ahead of Coca cola in NIGERIA MARKET)[/s]

is the above analysis not extraordinary to you? no state will even come close, the analysis above is too astonishing.

cc
ToomuchStuff

Edo state

Journalist

Dele Giwa, Nigerian journalist, editor and founder of Newswatch magazine

Pastors
Pastor chris oyakilome

Business man
Gabriel Igbinedion, international business mogul and bini high chief and owner of ITV

Raymond Dokpesi, owner of Africa largest private television network and politician

Footballers
Osaze Peter Odemwingie
Odion ighalo
Oshimen
Victor.moses
Yakubu ayegbeni

Musician
Sunny duke okosun
Victor uwaifo

Clean those list i striked out you personally over hyped it
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2020
Sammy07:

which weed i smoke grin

I nor know the weed you smoke but the weed strong for you

Youre now the mouth piece of ekiti and ondo abi
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Gabriel004: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Yorubas are just too dull for my likings thats why i keep giving them insult, upon insult

Youre not a match for me on a debate not even in culture or politics thread

When i say something just accept it and don't try to fool yourself about it

Anthony enawohro was the first man who move the motion that we needed independence from the British

If you allow me prove the rest i will curse your family for you been a dunce
Are you mad, are you insane. We are arguing here. How dare you mention my family. Did I bring my family to the argument.

Ori e buru ni.

If you lack respect for your family, how is that my problem.

Are you insane?.

I should accept something from a dunce like you.

How does moving a motion for independent equate to anything.

We know those who archieved the independent.

Edo my foot.

The dunce even said Edo man brought Adeboye and oyedepo to life. Saki na fe se bi ora.

Edo my ass.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by LukasPodolski: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Edo state

Journalist

Pastors
Pastor chris oyakilome

Business man

Footballers
Osaze Peter Odemwingie
Odion ighalo
Oshimen
Victor.moses
Yakubu ayegbeni

Musician
Sunny duke okosun
Victor uwaifo

when last did you take your drug?

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2020
LukasPodolski:

when last did you take your drug?

I should be asking that question are you high wtf

Nonsense overhyping those names you mentioned there, is not even know in the se, ss or nc

Who know those names here, probably yoruba media
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Sammy07: 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Edo state

Journalist

Pastors
Pastor chris oyakilome

Business man

Footballers
Osaze Peter Odemwingie
Odion ighalo
Oshimen
Victor.moses
Yakubu ayegbeni

Musician
Sunny duke okosun
Victor uwaifo

Guy are you afraid of Ondo ni? grin
Ogun and Oyo are too big for you too handle.

Ondo state.

activism
Gani Fawehinmi
Omoyele Sowore

Pastors
T. B Joshua
Olufemi akindayomi (Founder of Rccg)

Business man
Oba Frederick (Richest king in Nigeria)
Micheal Ade Ojo (Chairman and CEO Eliza motors)

Musician
King sunny Ade
reekado banks
Small doctor
yemi alade

Choke on it grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anambra Election: IPOB’s Plans To Frustrate Poll Must Be Resisted - NEF / President Buhari Gets Update On Chad’s Transition / Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.