Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria (3459 Views)

Beautiful State Of Abia / Top 10 Worst State Capitals In The Southern Region / Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by OfficialAPCNig: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2020
Below is the ranking of top 10 cities in Nigeria by PropertyPro. This ranking is in no particular order according to them.

1. Lagos city
2. Abuja
3. Calabar city
4. Warri city
5. Uyo city
6. Port Harcourt city
7. Kaduna city
8. Akure city
9. Enugu city
10. Jos city

Here is the link to the original article. is the link

So, I've extracted the CAPITAL cities from their list and arrange them in the order of the most beautiful to the least beautiful.

1. Enugu

There is no doubt why the most planned city and the most serene place to train a child in Nigeria shouldn't make the top spot. Only those who have never visited all the listed cities with open mind will argue against this. Perhaps, they should also sue Rockefeller Foundation for naming Enugu in the top 67 most resilient cities in the world.

331 cities from 94 countries applied to be evaluated but Enugu was named in the top 67. According to Rockfeller Fondation during the unveiling ceremony, Enugu is now a model for cities seeking for global resilience.

https://www.rockefellerfoundation.org/blog/next-35-resilient-cities-are/

2. Kaduna City

Why shouldn't the most beautiful city in the North and capital of NW make the top 2 position? Nothing.

This is a position well deserved. Only those who have never travelled will argue this.

3. Port Harcourt

Nigeria's oil city sits comfortably in the third position. No Challenge.

4. Uyo

Thanks to Akpabio and Udom, Uyo now sits above Calabar in the 4th position.

5. Calabar

Nigeria's second capital city is one of the most beautiful capital cities in Nigeria but not more beautiful to sit above the 5th position. But it remains the best capital for tourism followed by Enugu.

6. Jos

Jos should have been above this position, no thanks to insecurities. But still, it remains the most beautiful state capital in the North Central.

7. Akure

I am still wondering what Akure is doing here but since I am only ranking capital cities from PropertyPro list, I will allow them to enjoy the undeserved 7th position. That position rightfully belongs to Ikeja.

Note: if you have never travelled outside your state you are not needed here. If you have never visited at least 5 of those capital cities and spend over 3 weeks, you are not needed here. If you have never taken out at least 5 hours to survey how beautiful at least 5 of those cities are, don't argue here.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Kapeter(m): 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
grin
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Twutin: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
I am still wondering what Akure is doing here but since I am only ranking capital cities from PropertyPro list, I will allow them to enjoy the undeserved 7th position. That position rightfully belongs to Ikeja.

shocked grin grin

My top pics:

1. PH
2. Uyo
3. Kaduna
4. Calabar or owerri
5. Abakaliki (a rising star)

Let the dick measuring contest begin sha.

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:
This is the link to a list of 10 most beautiful cities in Nigeria in no particular order, according to PropertyPro - a leading real estate company in Nigeria.

1. Lagos city
2. Abuja
3. Calabar city
4. Warri city
5. Uyo city
6. Port Harcourt city
7. Kaduna city
8. Akure city
9. Enugu city
10. Jos city

So, I've extracted the CAPITAL cities from the list and arrange them in the order of the most beautiful to the least beautiful.

1. Enugu

There is no doubt why the most planned city and the most serene place to train a child in Nigeria shouldn't make the top spot. Only those who have never visited all the listed cities with open mind will argue against this. Perhaps, they should also sue Rockefeller Foundation for naming Enugu in the top 67 most resilient cities in the world.

331 cities from 94 countries applied to be evaluated but Enugu was named in the top 67. According to Rockfeller Fondation during the unveiling ceremony, Enugu is now a model for cities seeking for global resilience.

2. Kaduna City

Why shouldn't the most beautiful city in the North and capital of NW make the top 2 position? Nothing.

This is a position well deserved. Only those who have never travelled will argue this.

3. Port Harcourt

4. Uyo

5. Calabar

Nigeria's second capital city is one of the most beautiful capital cities in Nigeria but not more beautiful to sit above the 5th position. But it remains the best capital for tourism followed by Enugu.

6. Jos

Jos should have been above this position, no thanks to insecurities. But still, it remains the most beautiful state capital in the North Central.

7. Akure

Note: if you have never travelled outside your state you are not needed here. If you have never visited at least 5 of those capital cities and spend over 3 weeks, you are not needed here. If you have never taken out at least 5 hours to survey how beautiful at least 5 of those cities are, don't argue here.
You're not smart bro grin

How is Lagos city a state capital

There is warri and enugu on your useless list, yet you're questioning why Akure is also on your list. Wetin dey enugu make we start from there?

Except Lagos State, Ibadan, Kaduna, Kano, Onitsha, PH, there is no other better city I can point at for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Ndokwagirl(f): 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:
This is the link to a list of 10 most beautiful cities in Nigeria in no particular order, according to PropertyPro - a leading real estate company in Nigeria.

1. Lagos city
2. Abuja
3. Calabar city
4. Warri city
5. Uyo city
6. Port Harcourt city
7. Kaduna city
8. Akure city
9. Enugu city
10. Jos city

So, I've extracted the CAPITAL cities from the list and arrange them in the order of the most beautiful to the least beautiful.

1. Enugu

2. Kaduna City

3. Port Harcourt

4. Uyo

5. Calabar

Nigeria's second capital city is one of the most beautiful capital cities in Nigeria but not more beautiful to sit above. But it remains the best capital for tourism followed by Enugu.

6. Jos

7. Akure

When did warri become capital that I don't know?

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Digitalwitch: 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
OfficialAPCNig the capital of Delta state is Asaba not Warri,am sure you know that song( state and capital).

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
Digitalwitch:
OfficialAPCNig the capital of Delta state is Asaba not Warri,am sure you know that song( state and capital).
The guy no get sense at all.

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by OfficialAPCNig: 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
BabaOwen:

There is warri and enugu on your useless list, yet you're questioning why Akure is also on your list. Wetin dey enugu make we start from there?

Except Lagos State, Ibadan, Kaduna, Kano, Onitsha, PH, there is no other better city I can point at for Nigeria.
PropertyPro listed 10 cities, I extracted the state capitals from those 10 cities.

Go and sue Rockfeller Foundation.
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by OfficialAPCNig: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ndokwagirl:
When did warri become capital that I don't know?
Learn to read Nwanne.
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by OfficialAPCNig: 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2020
Digitalwitch:
I am not the reason you couldn't comprehend simple English.

Learn to read boss.
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Heartbender: 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2020
For me o
1. Ikoyi (Ikeja isn't beautiful so nothing for Lagos State capital)
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Calabar
5. Uyo
6. Katsina (trust me)
7 Enugu
8. Abakaliki
10. Kano

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by dvdwed(m): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2020
OP have you eaten?

Please remove Akure I take God beg you grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
Akure over owerri and awka ? ...are u dreaming ? Like really ?

What's beautiful about warri ( it's not even a capital ) ?

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by OfficialAPCNig: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
Heartbender:
For me o
1. Ikoyi (Ikeja isn't beautiful so nothing for Lagos State capital)
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Calabar
5. Uyo
6. Katsina (trust me)
7 Enugu
8. Abakaliki
10. Kano
Are you saying Katsina city is more beautiful than Kaduna city? I know Katsina like the back of my hands. It's not even anywhere near Kano city. Apart from good and wide roads there is nothing there.

For me, the most beautiful part of Katsina city is the ring road at Mani roundabout (where the Government House and NYSC camp are). And there is nothing exceptional there to make Katsina sit above Enugu, Kano and you don't even have Kaduna in your list.

Katsina is my best city in NW but it is not anywhere more beautiful than the other K capitals.

The North is really trying, I love their governors.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by OfficialAPCNig: 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2020
Igbochief001:

LIke I said Akure doesnt deserve the 7th spot, I only ranked the capitals in the list that was provided by PropertyPro.
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
beautiful state capitals should range from Uyo, Enugu, port Harcourt, Calabar, Akure, Ibadan, Ikeja, Owerri, jos, Kaduna,

if by infrastructure Port Harcourt is leading

beautiful structures, Entertainment and night life is Owerri /Ikeja

Tourism is Uyo /Calabar

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Arrewa: 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
OK...
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Arrewa: 2:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
You still need to travel
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Arrewa: 2:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
Grgton:
beautiful state capitals should range from Uyo, port Harcourt, Calabar, Akure, Ikeja, Owerri, jos, Kaduna,

if by infrastructure Port Harcourt is leading

beautiful structures, Entertainment and night life is Owerri /Ikeja

Tourism is Uyo /Calabar
Igbochief001:

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by 4ckyou: 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
And no picture to back up your claim
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Cashsteady(m): 3:00pm On Dec 04, 2020
Op are u ok Sha?.. based on the one I have visited
Lagos

pH

Ibadan

Enugu

Uyo

Owerri

Abeokuta
The rest are nothing to write home about
But ado ekiti fine small Sha. The roads are ok, it has a cool and Serene environment with lovely views like the hills.. ado ekiti is bae but not up to this cities
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by forgiveness: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2020
BabaOwen:

Owerri is far better than Onitsha.
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by phrancys001(m): 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lokoja angryvoteyeye bello 2023
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by forgiveness: 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:
Below is the ranking of top 10 cities in Nigeria by PropertyPro. This ranking is in no particular order according to them.

1. Lagos city
2. Abuja
3. Calabar city
4. Warri city
5. Uyo city
6. Port Harcourt city
7. Kaduna city
8. Akure city
9. Enugu city
10. Jos city

So, I've extracted the CAPITAL cities from their list and arrange them in the order of the most beautiful to the least beautiful.

1. Enugu

2. Kaduna City

3. Port Harcourt

4. Uyo

5. Calabar

6. Jos

7. Akure

Abuja remains number one. Followed by Lagos city and Calabar. Enugu should be number 4.
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by OfficialAPCNig: 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
forgiveness:

Abuja remains number one. Followed by Lagos city and Calabar. Enugu should be number 4.
Abuja and Lagos City are not state capitals. I will pick Enugu ahead of calabar
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Heartbender: 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
I think landscape also matters. From Ajiwal road to Kofa Durbin down to GRA then to Buhari road (basically the ring road) and then towards Charanchi road or Jibiya is serene, clean and beautifully landscaped. But everything is subjective. Kaduna isn't beautiful. It is only sophisticated. Is it NNPC road leading to KSU? Enugu isn't all that razzmatazz especially compared to Katsina. I was there last week and would be there this week. I often travel a lot so I believe it's a traveller's personal opinion I'm giving
OfficialAPCNig:

Are you saying Katsina city is more beautiful than Kaduna city? I know Katsina like the back of my hands. It's not even anywhere near Kano city. Apart from good and wide roads there is nothing there.

For me, the most beautiful part of Katsina city is the ring road at Mani roundabout (where the Government House and NYSC camp are). And there is nothing exceptional there to make Katsina sit above Enugu, Kano and you don't even have Kaduna in your list.

Katsina is my best city in NW but it is not anywhere more beautiful than the other K capitals.

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Heartbender: 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2020
I think landscape also matters. From Ajiwal road to Kofa Durbi down to GRA then to Buhari road (basically the ring road) and then towards Charanchi road or Jibiya is serene, clean and beautifully landscaped. But everything is subjective. Kaduna isn't beautiful. It is only sophisticated. Is it NNPC road leading to KSU? Enugu isn't all that razzmatazz especially compared to Katsina. I was there last week and would be there this week. I often travel a lot so I believe it's a traveller's personal opinion I'm giving
OfficialAPCNig:

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by SaintBishop: 11:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
[s]
OfficialAPCNig:

1. Lagos city
2. Abuja
3. Calabar city
4. Warri city
5. Uyo city
6. Port Harcourt city
7. Kaduna city
8. Akure city
9. Enugu city
10. Jos city

1. Enugu

2. Kaduna City

3. Port Harcourt

4. Uyo

5. Calabar

6. Jos

7. Akure

Note: if you have never travelled outside your state you are not needed here. If you have never visited at least 5 of those capital cities and spend over 3 weeks, you are not needed here. If you have never taken out at least 5 hours to survey how beautiful at least 5 of those cities are, don't argue here.[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by juman(m): 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
Shithole cities.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Praxis758: 2:32am On Dec 05, 2020
Why is Umuahia missing from that list, also, Nnewi and Onitsha should be included for being homes to best developers from Africa.
Re: Top 7 Most beautiful State Capitals in Nigeria by Linus199(m): 5:24am On Dec 05, 2020
where is Lokoja?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking:yoruba Lawyers Dare, Buhari Line Up 50 SANS To Stand As A Legal / Bandit Leader Along Benue Axis,picture / BREAKING: Tinubu Should Immediately Be Arrested For Deaths - Opinion...........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.