Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions (73234 Views)

Solders’ Killing: Troops Won’t Leave Creeks Until Culprits Are Caught – Army / Military Deploys Armoured Vehicles Into Bomadi Creeks / Femi Fani-Kayode To Wike: You Were Still In The Creeks When I Started Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by Donspicey: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
seeniyke:
that vicinity will be blasted by navy before next weekend

They no born dem well............

Dem sef know as e dey play nah............

We no get working refineries and govt dey bomb the local ones......

No be madness be dat??
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by Donspicey: 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2020
prince2pac:
very risky stuff, had to leave after buhari carry gun boat full everywhere.... old days men... man pikin don suffer no be small

Lolssss......

No be lie sha....

Who no go no go know hw life be inside creek....

I rmbr dat year inside creek for bayelsa......

Navy show all men follow water......

1 Like

Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by Afolabimills(m): 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2020
Mouth Gig:
AFTER, DEM GO SAY BUHARI BAD angry angry

WHEN EVERYRAM IS BENEFITING angry angry

HYPOCRITES angry
buhari is worst than virus zamfara gold is sold by d state govt n bandits even foreigners Niger etc are all cashing out pls stop dis show of lame talk propaganda
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by ensamy(m): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2020
They youths took Thier thing and sold it. It's not stolen. Gold taken in Zamfara , so is crude taken in Niger Delta. shocked sad shocked sad sad
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by bizhop01: 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2020
Government should start to buy petrol from niger delta creek boys is better than buying from european countries,
Nigeria government refused sense since 1960.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2020
they are right to do whatever its they are doin with the crude oil since the crude oil is at there disposal i will do the same if its in my area
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by BraniacX(m): 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2020
GayPontiff:
This one na certified idiot.
You just shot urself in d foot and exposed yourself
na today? undecided visit the creeks, you'd find out that military and security men lobby to be posted there because they get their cuts from the business
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by Mars16(m): 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2020
Hmmmm..... Yes is true they've employed many youths in the Niger Delta, but there's no justification for this crime. We keep messing up our environment and yet we cry federal government. Who suffers this environmental degradation? Us! Who doesn't have portable water to drink? Us! Who's life occupation( fishing) is destroyed? Us! Then, WHY are we doing this to ourselves in the Niger Delta? Yes, it is obvious that the government is not trying but, are we going to keep damaging our environment for our own gain? Then, how different are we from those(the government) who exploit us and our common wealth? I'm also from the Niger Delta if you care to know. Let's think! Think! Think! You can argue with your keyboard I'm out of here.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by poseidon12: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2020
seeniyke:
that vicinity will be blasted by navy before next weekend

Yeah right. The Navy guys are working with these guys. The military guys (Navy and Army) lobby with a lot of money to get posted to Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by poseidon12: 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2020
officialfestus:
And shell just dey milk my village oil well and nothing dey reach indigens hand....and two trailers of 33,000 litres just dey commot with crude oil daily

They probably do settle your community leaders.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by Theboss100(m): 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2020
aran:
https://www.thecable.ng/special-report-inside-niger-delta-creeks-where-the-youth-are-raking-in-millions-through-crude-oil-theft/amp?fbclid=IwAR2pFB4dS6cO28qW-M5EgHdfdj38eogZUz0T3jEQAidtQ0CbwsmXLYrfoY8

His real name is not Barinada. But that is how he preferred to be addressed. He refused to be photographed or videoed. Initially, he refused to disclose the kind of business he was involved in. But after agreeing to be paid some fee, he opened up.

Attired in a brown short-sleeved shirt and a baseball cap drawn to his brows, he sat in an open-air restaurant with this reporter in his hometown in Gokana local government area of Rivers state, southern Nigeria. His look was suggestive of one on the run, for he had been, on several occasions, arrested by security operatives over crude oil theft. He fixed a confident gaze, but his hands were far from exuding confidence. They were as shaky as his voice which hung on the lowest key. When you talk of owners of artisanal refineries (popularly called ‘kpofire’) in Ogoni area of the Niger Delta region, Barinada is a major stakeholder in a business that has now become the alternative source of livelihood for many Niger Delta communities.

‘HUSTLERS BY DAY, MILLIONAIRES BY NIGHT'

In just one night, he earns between N1.3 million and N2 million — and between N39 million and N60 million in a month — for boiling stolen crude, which he sells to both host communities and tanker drivers who travel from as far as Sokoto and Kano in northern Nigeria.

“I have a barge. Inside the barge, I have drums that can contain the crude that I tap (from the federal line). The drums are up to 80,000 litres. If I can get this amount once a week, I am comfortable for the whole week. I will distribute the fuel to my five sites. I can boil from Monday to Friday and sometimes, I will still have leftover,” he said, repressing a crude smile.

Barinada has a well-organised criminal network of at least 25 boys who boil the crude oil every night at five different sites, which he calls ‘ the waterside’. According to him, the boys earn N5,000 per night of boiling which amounts to N100,000 in 20 days (approximately one month). Aside from those involved in the boiling, he also has boys who go into the river to burst the pipes where crude oil flows through the pipeline to the Bonny export terminal. After that, he boils at the five sites of his bush refinery, and then transports his final product to the end-user. According to him, he started with one site, and expanded to five, and still hopes to expand to ten.

“I told you I have five sites. Each site has one tank that can produce 25 drums of fuel (locally refined). I pay the boys N1,000 per drum. So, if they boil the 25 drums, that is N25,000. So, they will be sharing N5,000. With that, they are comfortable for the day and it reduces robbing, kidnapping and all that.”
They are not criminals. Those who use one Nigeria to get them are the real criminal.

1 Like

Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by melodyogonna(m): 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2020
GayPontiff:
Who is he?
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by 2sexycom(m): 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
aran:

SOLUTION

The solution is for a win-win middle ground to be found between the government and the artisanal refiners in form of regulations. Government gets revenues through minimal taxes from them and in turn they help government create employment, etc while reducing the negative environmental impact to its minimum.

People have suggested this several times but the government is not interested.

I am sure that they will track these guys down before the month ends.

1 Like

Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by hstar: 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
GayPontiff:
My thought exactly
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by tundess: 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
Self fulfilling prophesy.
Polluted waters and land bc of prior systematic unethical practices by oil majors slowly eroded all employment opportunities driving youths to engage in illegal refining which in turn increases pollution which in turn leads more to engage in the illicit trade of artisanal refining which leads to greater pollution.
Exhibit A of the leadership failure of FGN over 5 decades and counting.
This area will not recover it's natural ecosystem for a century or more. The question is whether Nigeria as a country will survive that long.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by Elsueno: 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2020
Well........its not like I can feed them, so I have no moral justification to tell them to stop it. Afterall it's thier land & they can't just starve themselves.

The government can easily capitalize on this and regulate it, provide better cleaner ways for these. But they don't care
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by Coinbased: 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2020
Really
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by calcal: 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2020
THIS IS NOT STOLEN OIL, IT IS THEIR OIL.
IT IS LIKE TELLING FULANI THAT HIS COW IS STOLEN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by McStoic(m): 6:14pm On Dec 05, 2020
adadike:
There is no way I can blame anyone that actually knows how to take back from the federal govt

Like seriously?! Las Las, the country is sleepwalking to her break up. God punish the devil..
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by Notoriousboy(m): 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
Self snitching smh
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by stanisbaratheon: 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
Funnily enough, northern folk are more into bunkering than Niger Delta youths this days.

Hausa and Fulani guys are in the creeks cooking and pushing oil drums.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by dederocs(m): 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2020
Nwaotu10:
Criminals!

The crude oil belongs to Adamawa state.
this kid behaviour never tire you, stop flooding every topic posting senseless comments.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by blacknp(m): 7:09pm On Dec 05, 2020
yanabasee:

Go and collect it and take it to Adamawa na.....

The South should just imagine if the North had even an Oil-well... They'd broken up since....

To them, they have food and meet...If they have oil nko? Everywhere for be stew for them.....

They have nearly everything. And they're absolutely in control of their natural resources, but will never allow the South to control theirs.......

I wish this country could just break apart.
You are absolutely wrong, rubbish Nigeria had long been in existence since 1914 before shell D’Arg had set foot in Nigeria, Nigeria will never break up in your life time.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by AKAyomide(m): 7:12pm On Dec 05, 2020
Nigeria government has never be useful to the people of Niger Delta. Imagine a region producing larger income of revenue to the government account without any tangible structural development to show for it. For government to reduce the level of unemployment in the region, the government needs to issue license to those youths engaging in illegal mining of cruel oil to reduce environmental population.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by blacknp(m): 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
AKAyomide:
Nigeria government has never be useful to the people of Niger Delta. Imagine a region producing larger income of revenue to the government account without any tangible structural development to show for it. For government to reduce the level of unemployment in the region, the government needs to issue license to those youths engaging in illegal mining of cruel oil to reduce environmental population.
Be deceiving yourself, you are mentally oblivious to even mention the Federal Government of Nigeria.

Out of the N3.842 trillion generated in the first half of 2019, the federal government received N1.599 trillion, representing 41.61% of the total amount disbursed.

Furthermore, the state governments received N1.335 trillion as a share of the national revenue while local governments received N792 billion.
Business Insider SSA looks at five Nigerian states with the highest revenue share within the period:

Delta
H1 2019: N108.7 billion.

Akwa Ibom
H1 2019: N 86.12 billion.

Rivers
H1 2019: N75.84 billion.

Bayelsa
H1 2019: N66.76 billion.

Lagos
H1 2019: N58.1 billion.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
this isnt a crime as long as Zamfara can mine its gold and keep the revenues...same shd happen here.. imagine The North has this crude oil.. Nigeria would not be a nation anymore but Northern Nigeria or AREWA REPUBLIC.. what is good for the goose shd be good for the gander.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by blacknp(m): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
AKAyomide:

People also ask
Which state has highest allocation in Nigeria
?

Delta state:

Delta state scooped the highest share of the total states' allocation from the FAAC, receiving a sum of N21. 53 billion, accounting for 9.13% of States total gross allocation. Akwa Ibom followed closely, having received N17.Jun 10, 2020.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by blacknp(m): 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2020
emmanuelpopson:
this isnt a crime as long as Zamfara can mine its gold and keep the revenues...same shd happen here.. imagine The North has this crude oil.. Nigeria would not be a nation anymore but Northern Nigeria or AREWA REPUBLIC.. what is good for the goose shd be good for the gander.
Zamfara never kept the revenues from the so called mining, stop deceiving yourself, advocating a false narrative, ignorance is not an excuse in law, but I wouldn’t cal your ignorance, but self deceit.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by sulaak(m): 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2020
Mikehot:
The environmental pollution that has been created since 1956 have you talked about it,?

Their waters for fishing has been polluted, their lands for farming has become toxic but you want them to starve in the already polluted environment

...and they are doing more damage and pollution to their environment, instead of clean it.
Re: Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions by sulaak(m): 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2020
AKAyomide:

6 years of GEJ did nothing for the Niger-Delta, between 2011 to 2015, the president, finance minister and petroleum minister were all from the Niger-Delta, what did they do to develop their region.

Even if the Niger-Delta was independent the people will still be poor and backward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"This Is The Reason Ganduje Wants To Remove Emir Sanusi" - Twitter User / Fayose Kneels Before Bamidele Olumilua, A Former Ondo State Governor (Photos) / June 12: Fight Breaks Out Among #IstandWithBuhari Protesters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.