Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students (80165 Views)

BREAKING: FG Postpones Jan. 18, 2021 School Resumption Indefinitely / UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by xest(m): 8:50pm On Dec 06, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Quality education is never cheap. Btw, there are scholarships for the common church member children
stop supporting mediocrity
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Tareq1105: 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:
Glorified secondary school.

Pay such huge amout to learn nothing and obtain printed paper certificate. Reason they dash all of them first class and 2:1 while they go outside to fumble.
How many of their church members can even afford this??

Your problem is poverty.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by paul100(m): 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
Tareq1105:

Your problem is poverty.
I swear,covenant starts in 2002 and has just 18 years of existence and it is competing with schools like unilag that was founded in 1962,it is even ranked above UNN that was founded in 1955.Just imagine comparing a school of 18yrs with a school of over 50+.Anybody that called covenant,a gloried secondary sch is foolish and have a poverty mentality.See the world ranking of nigeria universities by THE.
I just dey imagine how this school will be in the next 20years.People are here talking nonsense.God pls bless me,let my children go to better school.
Flokii

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by ChengHun(m): 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
Exhorbitant learn how to create white board animation videos chat me on zero nine zero thirty one ten twelve fifty six
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by flokii: 10:09pm On Dec 06, 2020
Tareq1105:

Your problem is poverty.

Yours is hypocrisy and you're extremely poor intellectually
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by happney65: 10:20pm On Dec 06, 2020
Wande22:

BAbaoooooo longest time

Wande22/PastorAji

Baba ooo..How you dey naa?How family?How every boss?
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Temysteve(m): 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:

Pay such huge amout to learn nothing and obtain printed paper certificate. Reason they dash all of them first class and 2:1 while they go outside to fumble.
yea glorified sec sch, ASUU don finish your life with strike, resume and ur lecturers will continue to frustrate ur life as usual. The institution is not set up for charity, so it's not a must their church members attend, it's private institution for those who can afford it. After struggling to graduate from the so called public Uni, u will still be wandering the streets looking for useless jobs. I'll rather go to that glorified sch.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by flokii: 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2020
Temysteve:
yea glorified sec sch, ASUU don finish your life with strike, resume and ur lecturers will continue to frustrate ur life as usual. The institution is not set up for charity, so it's not a must their church members attend, it's private institution for those who can afford it. After struggling to graduate from the so called public Uni, u will still be wandering the streets looking for useless jobs. I'll rather go to that glorified sch.

You be mumu.. there are more private uni grads roaming the streets now than better by far public uni grads.

Your "papa" don collect their millions use water wash their hands. Or you think he has jobs for them in canan land?

Your mumu na grade A
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by adelnehis(m): 11:13pm On Dec 06, 2020
So y'all are arguing because of common 1million tuition? grin

What about students in PAU, AUN, ABUAD, Babcock, Baze and Nile that students pay 3mil+?

The above schools often joke about how cheap covenant is grin

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by charlesucheh(m): 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
Yet we're ungrateful for what Nigeria has done for us.

Federal universities cost not more than 50k. Yet we say this country has given us nothing.

Did you know that Americans borrow "student loans" to pay more than this covenant school fees just to attend university. Many of them never pay their loans back fully till death.

Yet we finish school, get government job and still refuse to resume early to work or attend to our fellow citizens unless they give us bribe.

It's not the country, it's the people.
bro!

you just ran a viscous circle.

if I may ask, who are the people representing

is it not the country?
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:

Painment
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
Toks2008:
I laugh seeing these crazy fees charged by an institution that has little or no influence on your success after graduating...

It is not the school that determines the quality of the graduates but it is how good an individual is.

A brilliant smart school drop out can achieve better in life than a redundant harvard graduate.

Statistics have shown that graduates of public universities do better in life than products of private unis regardless of the huge charges by the latter.

Ironically covenant University still ranks below Uniben, unilag and OAU so why the hype?
Stop living in 1995, this is 2020.
.pray to have money so you won't keep whining. Brokeass
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by flourishing247: 12:14am On Dec 07, 2020
Gokoyer0:
How many people are they giving scholarships to annually?
Pls answer the guy's question, how many church members can afford to send their kids to CU with 1m naira school fees?

Apply first and know if yours will be approved. You guys should stop with this church members rant. Did any complain to you? Are you also aware that other churches contribute money to build schools yet some members still cant afford the fees. It is not a covenant thing and besides I've never heard offering was ever raised to build the university. If they did and still set up a scheme, then they did well..
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by flourishing247: 12:16am On Dec 07, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Every time do research. If you have information share with is with links. I heard that while CU has scholarship schemes to help the needy, the corruption within the system will not let the scheme run smoothly. There are some senior pastors and officials who work hard to make sure the people who benefit do not get it. This is from someone I know who worships in that church

You heard!!! Did you apply and you were not offered scholarship? If you did and you were not approved , were you given a reason?
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by flourishing247: 12:17am On Dec 07, 2020
isahsalee:

Yet again, I sight one of the gullible!!!

I agree, I am gullible. Are you ok now?
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by flourishing247: 12:19am On Dec 07, 2020
Ndipe:
That's commendable to know that they offer scholarships.

Yes they do. The portal usually opens when you've gotten admission forms. I understand you must maintain a certain GPA to stay on it till you graduate.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Jaqenhghar: 3:09am On Dec 07, 2020
flourishing247:

You heard!!! Did you apply and you were not offered scholarship? If you did and you were not approved , were you given a reason?
Dumb question. I was never an underpriviledged person so me applying is out of the question. Im telling you what I heard if its a lie, tell me the truth you are asking if I applied.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by kingjoe(m): 5:04am On Dec 07, 2020
Madeu:

Really not bad. Same Nigerians that can spend 3 million naira for a day wedding with no Return of investment ( ROI). One can't quantify the exposure, studying in an organized environment and getting your degree faster with unnecessary time wasting and mental pressure.
if one has 3 kids in university .how will the family cope.does this amount include feeding and books .just asking.cos another 500k will be spent on feeding and books at least.its not easy in a country that gives unemployed graduates 30k for npower ,18k minimum wage.90percent of private schools don't pay their teachers upto 50 k,nysc 33k .it's just for few
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by flourishing247: 6:17am On Dec 07, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Dumb question. I was never an underpriviledged person so me applying is out of the question. Im telling you what I heard if its a lie, tell me the truth you are asking if I applied.

So what's your problem? You have never experienced it. Everything you posted is based on hear say. Why are you making it sound like the truth? SMH.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Jaqenhghar: 8:06am On Dec 07, 2020
flourishing247:

So what's your problem? You have never experienced it. Everything you posted is based on hear say. Why are you making it sound like the truth? SMH.

Must you experience everything before you agree?
The North pole is freezing at this time of the year. Do you wait till you actually visit the North pole and experience it before you actually agree that it is the truth?
Haba my guy dey use your head nah.
So far you have not come out to say I am lying instead you are acting offended.

My sources are people who worship in living faith and know a lot of people that work within the organization. If have any contrary info state it here and be at peace instead of acting like Lai mohammed
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by flourishing247: 8:53am On Dec 07, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Must you experience everything before you agree?
The North pole is freezing at this time of the year. Do you wait till you actually visit the North pole and experience it before you actually agree that it is the truth?
Haba my guy dey use your head nah.
So far you have not come out to say I am lying instead you are acting offended.

My sources are people who worship in living faith and know a lot of people that work within the organization. If have any contrary info state it here and be at peace instead of acting like Lai mohammed

Your sources are people that worship in the church. Please ask a covenant staff or student. I just asked one this morning and I can confirm the scholarship is strictly based on merit. In fact the person I asked said the student in his department is a winners member. Also said some others don't worship in winners but are currently on the scholarship scheme.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by tunapawizzy: 8:57am On Dec 07, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

In many German school, university education is free.

In many Europeans schools excluding the UK, their fees are cheap too. As long as you can attend a school where you will be taught in their lingua franca, their schools are cheap. Though they have the expensive ones, but when you look at it, it is mostly international students that go to the expensive ones. The locals go to the cheap ones.
TRUE german schools are almost free for students, it doesnt mean a lot of money is not spent in maintaining in running the schools.In those German schools u still need to pay compulsory student contribution fee(ranges around 200 to 350 euros depending on the school)...this is excluding the main fact that the German government spends a lot of money to run these institutions. PhD students generally earn around 2000euros per month, u can imagine what full time lecturers n earn, also consider the fact that there is a very low student to teacher ratio. Institutinal facilities are very well maintained, internet access, libraries top-notch. My point is quality education is very very very expensive. Nigerian private universities are trying to get to this level without government funding, so it is bound to be far more expensive than the public unis largely funded by the government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by tunapawizzy: 9:09am On Dec 07, 2020
kingjoe:
if one has 3 kids in university .how will the family cope. does this amount include feeding and books .just asking.cos another 500k will be spent on feeding and books at least.its not easy in a country that gives unemployed graduates 30k for npower ,18k minimum wage.90percent of private schools don't pay their teachers upto 50 k,nysc 33k .it's just for few
the problem of an average Nigerian is not private proprietors providing an education that is out of reach of the general public. They are people in business and every business model is at liberty to pick its target market....It is the duty of the Nigerian Government(NOT private school owners) to provide quality education that is affordable for the general public, we did not vote prioprietors to give us quality affordable education. In Germany, university education is almost free, largely(only a small student contributory fee of abot 250euros), yet there are unis that still charge as much as 10k to 15k euros and they. they both co-exist

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by tunapawizzy: 9:26am On Dec 07, 2020
xest:
stop supporting mediocrity
I dont know about scholarship for church members, BUT truly Quality education is never cheap. A lecturer guides you but most learning is done with the internet these days...if u buy 20k data bundle for ur child every month forthe 8 months he/she will spend on campus....thats 160k...the accomodation facilities provided by private unis(especially the ones that charge in this CU range) if you want to rent it for ur child in a public uni.....150k or even much more depending on location. can you quantify LESS exposure to cultism activities (i said less). Ur child is not in a classroom of 100capacity with 500 other students(quantify that one too). I think we should tell ourselves the truth, a Private uni that charges this and provides these basics isnt overpriced.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Knowing how the Nigerian society works, my question is are they employed because of who they know or what they know.
I mean these are people whose parents are wealthy and can have their kids employed with a phone call. Lets talk productivity. How many of these graduates are actually leading in all sorts of breakthrough and research. I will be very interested to know about that and if you have any information, please enlighten us

To be frank, being able to afford 950k per annum in university fees does not imply a wealthy background. A proprietor of a mid-successful canteen can afford to send her ward to private university. I dont know why it is so difficult to believe that maybe the products of these universities are just that good. Go round to KPMG, PWC etc and doa quick survey of their undergraduate interns, and you would find CU and BU students in large numbers.

Speaking to achievements, for universities that are still relatively young, and in most cases not as well funded by government universities, their graduates are not doing badly. Do a search on Linkedin, and see their products all around the world; few notable examples:
1. Paystack - Babcock
2. Piggyvest - Covenant
3. iFitness - Babcock
3. Speaker of Oyo State - Babcock
etc.

Not saying graduates of public schools are not good, but how can spending almost an entire year at home be ideal in any sane society? There a few that I even feel are way worse than my secondary school (e.g. LASU).

To be objective, merely comparing a lot of state universities to private universities is an exercise in futility in pretty much all facets.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Temysteve(m): 2:48pm On Dec 07, 2020
flokii:

You be mumu.. there are more private uni grads roaming the streets now than better by far public uni grads.

Your "papa" don collect their millions use water wash their hands. Or you think he has jobs for them in canan land?

Your mumu na grade A
Little do you know. private institutions has a lot of advantages ahead of public uni's. Even before you graduate, you'll av been equipped and exposed to a lot of businesses you can start with a little capital, private schs aren't that much as public schs, so they can easily fix dem students up after graduating. You really need to learn outside the la cram la pour they are given u in your sch.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by COMPAQ(m): 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
Yet we're ungrateful for what Nigeria has done for us.

Federal universities cost not more than 50k. Yet we say this country has given us nothing.

Did you know that Americans borrow "student loans" to pay more than this covenant school fees just to attend university. Many of them never pay their loans back fully till death.

Yet we finish school, get government job and still refuse to resume early to work or attend to our fellow citizens unless they give us bribe.

It's not the country, it's the people.

That is very correct. The average American graduate finishes school with $50k to $80k in debt, which they pay back for upwards of 10 years. You would need to have a pretty good earning job and a lot of discipline to pay back in 5 years.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Gerrard59(m): 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2020
kingjoe:
if one has 3 kids in university .how will the family cope.does this amount include feeding and books .just asking.cos another 500k will be spent on feeding and books at least.its not easy in a country that gives unemployed graduates 30k for npower ,18k minimum wage.90percent of private schools don't pay their teachers upto 50 k,nysc 33k .it's just for few

No one forced you to birth children. If you birth a child or max two, Nigeria won't divide. kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Gerrard59(m): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2020
adelnehis:
So y'all are arguing because of common 1million tuition? grin

What about students in PAU, AUN, ABUAD, Babcock, Baze and Nile that students pay 3mil+?

The above schools often joke about how cheap covenant is grin

I'm telling you! And CU is highly ranked than those schools o yet people attend them consistently.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by xest(m): 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2020
tunapawizzy:

I dont know about scholarship for church members, BUT truly Quality education is never cheap. A lecturer guides you but most learning is done with the internet these days...if u buy 20k data bundle for ur child every month forthe 8 months he/she will spend on campus....thats 160k...the accomodation facilities provided by private unis(especially the ones that charge in this CU range) if you want to rent it for ur child in a public uni.....150k or even much more depending on location. can you quantify LESS exposure to cultism activities (i said less). Ur child is not in a classroom of 100capacity with 500 other students(quantify that one too). I think we should tell ourselves the truth, a Private uni that charges this and provides these basics isnt overpriced.
It's an unfounded analysis. Some private Uni don't charge as high as covenant yet have good and conducive environs
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by flourishing247: 5:55am On Dec 08, 2020
Gerrard59:

I'm telling you! And CU is highly ranked than those schools o yet people attend them consistently.

Haha Haha. I know someone going for pharmacy in Afe, school fees is almost 3million. Nobody is screaming blue murder. Whenever CU is mentioned people go gaga.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by edoairways: 6:38am On Dec 08, 2020
[quote author=tunapawizzy post=96813655]
TRUE german schools are almost free for students, it doesnt mean a lot of money is not spent in maintaining in running the schools.In those German schools u still need to pay compulsory student contribution fee(ranges around 200 to 350 euros depending on the school)...this is excluding the main fact that the German government spends a lot of money to run these institutions. PhD students generally earn around 2000euros per month, u can imagine what full time lecturers n earn, also consider the fact that there is a very low student to teacher ratio. Institutinal facilities are very well maintained, internet access, libraries top-notch. My point is quality education is very very very expensive. Nigerian private universities are trying to get to this level without government funding, so it is bound to be far more expensive than the public unis largely funded by the government[/quote]
Is that why many of those schools seek TET fund?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Bares Cleavage At University Of Port-Harcourt Matriculation (Photos) / Unilorin 2013/2014 Direct Entry Candidates / Question Of The Day : Does Alum Truly Tighten The Vagina And How Safe Is It? i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.