Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price (20437 Views)

Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / Kano Traders Crash Food Price 24 Hours After 10 Werehouse Were Seal For Hoarding / What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Dchampion65: 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
Best food is what your finances can put on your table

Don't go about spending money you don't have to impress unnecessary and unwanted guest.

Christmas and new year's days are just like every other day

Live within your means

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by pocohantas(f): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2020
zicoraads:

Made my own comment before seeing yours.

We cook rice though, for a few visitors and the Muslim neighbors. But it's swallow and loads of bush meat all the way. And kunu to wash it down.

I don’t know how rice is some people’s favourite food grin. I eat it, but it doesn’t turn me on. We also used to make small rice, but they liked the soup because of everything happening inside it. With time we deleted rice.

5kg of rice wey I buy since never finish sef.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Dididrumz(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2020
saxby:
Na swallow things o, atleast if you close eye cook better soup, na to just dey make eba dey chop am

Girl wey no dey form.

You too much.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by korede2016(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2020
I think rice getting expensive is in Lagos.. In bodija market imported rice is still sold at 22500/50kg bag as at Saturday so I don't know where yall getting the hike price for rice.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by 10kgod(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2020
angry grin grin
I'm here to read comments.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by korede2016(m): 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2020
Besides their are other rice as options that are locally produce like the Titan rice.. Less expensive in ibadan and some others.. So rice is not as expensive as quoted maybe in Lagos Sha but not here in ibadan axis
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by seanwilliam(m): 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2020
Realboygenius:
Food inflation between March to December is really high.
For the festive period everyone should prepared to eat semo with egusi soup.
No unnecessary food wastage.

You still rich na.. u no talk eba and okra grin
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Xantel(f): 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
Yam or plantain with garden egg sauce with plenty prawns and crayfish

Blended bitter and scent leaves to make black soup, with poundo yam grin
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by PrinceOfLagos: 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
Mummymahdi:
Na local rice ppl go use for jollof or fried rice

How much is Nigerian rice in the market now ?
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by CodeTemplar: 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
Corroro:
Personally I'll say bread and tea grin, cos every thing has literally added money, imagine small onions going for 100 naira, onions o shocked
Bread flour to make swallow and some tick áss tea as sauce... lol
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by PrinceOfLagos: 4:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t know how rice is some people’s favourite food grin. I eat it, but it doesn’t turn me on. We also used to make small rice, but they liked the soup because of everything happening inside it. With time we deleted rice.

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by peacettw: 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
My family's best food is beans and plaintain.. Just give them that and you have made their day
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Barcakingly1: 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
I am amazed at how Nigerians Plan their schedules .
This is really affecting their ability to predict and grasp situations before they arise.

At My work, This is called Äbility to Prevent Emergencies and has high marks on our KPI

In Christianity, The principle is found in ... THE PARABLE OF THE TEN FOOLISH VIRGIN

I have bought non-perishable foodstuff, bought clothes as far as October. Keeping ahead of the situation while watching others crying foul over the high cost of these basic things during this period.

They are far cheaper than what is obtainable now.

The clothing are quality not remnant . What you are getting now is the leftovers or inferior qualities as the rich guys will outpace you for the real deal.

I have heard of friend who bought their Airline/bus travelling ticket ahead of time..

Let plan for the next events that matter to us always.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by pocohantas(f): 4:05pm On Dec 06, 2020
PrinceOfLagos:

Honestly, I don’t know. The rice I use is Basmati.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by ItrendNaija(m): 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
Mummymahdi:

Beans for festive period! .
Na taboo?
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by LoveJesus87(m): 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ennyholar:
The income of many Nigerian households has continued to come under pressure, with many spending more on food items daily following the continued rises in food price as a result of the effect COVID-19 on he country's economy and food production.

It's less than three weeks to the Christmas and New Year celebration and it's evident that most Nigerian home are planing to stock up their homes with food items including rice which is now close to #30,000 per bag.

Rice has always been a favorite in many Nigeria homes during the festive period and celebrations but the price . My visit to ShopRite Wacky Weekend promo I noticed how many Nigerian are gradually moving away from rice to other food items like Poundo Yam, Semo and Wheat flour.

With the high price of rice and other food items in the market, Which meal do you think will be best to celebrate the festive season and state your reasons?

I'll be looking out for your responses.
No matter the economy of the Jungle, I can NEVER eat grass
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by shilz(f): 4:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
Xantel:
Yam or plantain with garden egg sauce with plenty prawns and crayfish

Blended bitter and scent leaves to make black soup, with poundo yam grin
add cooked egg and smoked macrel fish to that garden egg sauce then wash down with chilled coke or pepsi.. out of this world.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Mummymahdi(f): 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2020
PrinceOfLagos:

400 to 500 per measure
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Mummymahdi(f): 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
ItrendNaija:

Na taboo?

Not presentable at all
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
Inukwam kwenshion!!! I'll just buy 5000 naira dog as Christmas meat then yam will serve as rice! So no big deal dia

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by geesam39: 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
I think beans and garri will be alright
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Gabson006: 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
Live Chicken is available
Check my siggy
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by jornwhite: 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Such a funny world, what could be worst than having dangote spag as favourite undecided presentation go cum be like dinner 4 the gods

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Drizzy5001(m): 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
Na beans and plantain be the way forward now o grin grin
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by PrinceOfLagos: 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
Mummymahdi:

400 to 500 per measure

I mean bag of Nigerian rice
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by chukzyfcbb: 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2020
Rice is overrated abeg

Not when we have spaghetti
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by NairalandSARS: 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2020
Beans and potato/plantain.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2020
Couscous is the meal of d moment.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by TOYNEX(f): 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2020
Food na food, festive season is a season, dry season is a season, all come and go, no kill yourself!
A thread for fashion designers shocked
https://www.nairaland.com/6280305/how-use-stone-pattern-board

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by AerialMapper: 5:12pm On Dec 06, 2020
Eat whatever it was you were eating for the last 350 days of the year!

Don’t go broke over “festive period”!

Remember... January has 60 days oooo so unless you’ve got alternative income streams, that early salary you collect for the festive period na till the end of January ooo.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Damaski: 5:20pm On Dec 06, 2020
Na swallow things o, atleast if you close eye cook better soup, na to just dey make eba dey chop am.
If you close eyes u nor go see the soup o. Na to strong face swallow am.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by PDPGuy: 5:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
AmadorSays:
which noodles? Is it the one that used to be 60 naira now sold for 130 naira?
Seriously? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Banga Rice. Step-by-step Guide / How Is Ofe Nsala And Banga Soup Prepared. / Your Worst Food Combination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.