Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan (32782 Views)

INEC Under Fire For Giving Certificate Of Return To ‘wrong Person’ In Ogun / Obadiah Honours DSS Invitation Over Comments On Insecurity / Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by JosEast(m): 5:31am On Dec 06, 2020
Former president of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, refused to be drawn on any question about insecurity in Nigeria, saying he was the wrong person to speak on the issue.

The former president said he also had his challenges to deal with while in office, “I was there before and of course, you know there was a lot of insecurity. So, I am the very wrong person to make comments on the insecurity in the land.”

He spoke on the side-lines of the Exclusive Command Performance by the Commonwealth Community Choir in Abuja, on Friday.

“All what we can do is to collectively support the government, encourage the soldiers and other security operatives to do more for our safety,” he added.

He noted that insecurity is a world phenomenon and Nigeria isn’t an exception, therefore encourage the youth to use their talent to impress on the unity of the country.

Answering question on whether he would contest the 2023 Presidential race, he said “presidential race in 2023 he said, “It is too early to talk about that.”

Some APC governors visited the former president in his Abuja residence days back in commemoration of his 63rd birthday.

But, sources close to the meeting revealed that the meeting had political undertone and was not unconnected with the 2023 presidential election.

Also, the chairman of Progressive Governors Forum, governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi state and the Jigawa state governor Badaru Abubakar have visited the former president in his country home.

https://dailytrust.com/jonathan-wrong-person-to-comment-on-insecurity

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by helinues: 5:32am On Dec 06, 2020
smiley

Comments, suggestions are different from condemnation..

Is GEJ happy with the current insecurities in the country as a statesman?

23 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Amotolongbo(f): 5:38am On Dec 06, 2020

All what we can do is to collectively support the government, encourage the soldiers and other security operatives to do more for our safety,” he added.

He noted that insecurity is a world phenomenon and Nigeria isn’t an exception, therefore encourage the youth to use their talent to impress on the unity of the country.
This is a man with good heart and forgiving spirit.

Had it been that breathing mannequin in Aso Rock in Goodluck Jonathan’s shoes, he would have spoken bitterly against the government and call on the President to resign

406 Likes 30 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Designsking: 5:42am On Dec 06, 2020
Probably because he witnessed the same demon the present administration is fighting

Abeg jare I will Design a Professional Logo or Letterhead for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Valid today. See my profile for my info

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by CodeTemplar: 5:45am On Dec 06, 2020
Too late for Buhari to admit the truth. He is ready to blame dead citizens to maintain his imaginary track record of excellence and secure the kindness of history.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by BigSarah(f): 6:08am On Dec 06, 2020
Well he’s kind of right.. or maybe he’s just being modest

18 Likes

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Davash222(m): 6:13am On Dec 06, 2020
helinues:
smiley

Comments are different from condemnation..

Same GEJ you and your elite ZoneBs called ineffectual Buffon is who you’re asking about current insecurities in the country.

Your messiah buhari promised to eradicate Boko haram within two months if elected, ask him if he’s happy with the current insecurities, allow the ‘ineffectual buffon’ to enjoy His ineffectuality!

301 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Lifestone(m): 6:16am On Dec 06, 2020
GEJ is simply too simple for politicts. Such a soft Man.
I hope he will not allow himself to be tempted back for second term to sabotage the Igbo Presidency shot.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Davash222(m): 6:20am On Dec 06, 2020
Designsking:
Probably because he witnessed the same demon the present administration is fighting
But, the present administration promised us CHANGE... why asking the former administration about our present insecurity?

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Stalwert: 6:20am On Dec 06, 2020
Reno the slowpoke of all time should use his decayed brain and see how Jonathan knowing his manumental failure in security that bequeathed on Nigeria a weakened security system and poorly equipped military has the lucidity to know when to keep shut on such matters, that is having some level of dignity.

20 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Stalwert: 6:21am On Dec 06, 2020
Lifestone:
GEJ is simply to simple for politicts. Such a soft Man.
I hope he will not allow himself to be tempted back for second term to sabotage the Igbo Presidency shot.

I thought cownu is your president?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by clarocuzioo(m): 6:29am On Dec 06, 2020
helinues:
smiley

Even Tinubu who entroned this disaster of a government is yet to comment on the security in the Nation, rather he is busy licking the balls of Gandollar.

Why not ask Tinubu to comment?

Ohh, I forgot, " IS EVANS A HERDSMAN"?

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Freestainworld(m): 6:34am On Dec 06, 2020
they should just allow this man to be, he is no longer In charge, he was highly criticized on this same issue when was in the office, I guess they now see him as a magician on how he handled the situation then without escalating the situation to how it is today.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by tobechi74: 6:34am On Dec 06, 2020
Sensibly evaded Journalists questions

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Lifestone(m): 6:34am On Dec 06, 2020
Stalwert:

I thought cownu is your president?
I am a Confirmed Omo Oduduwa

16 Likes

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Elvictor: 6:39am On Dec 06, 2020
helinues:
smiley

yes, because North is safe.

10 Likes

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Sirjamo: 7:02am On Dec 06, 2020
What would the ineffectual buffoon have said, after he babysits boko haram from infancy to puberty?

I AM DONE TALKING

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by techmo(m): 7:05am On Dec 06, 2020
Jonathan is smart

No need dragging himself to what doesn't concern him

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by chozzy: 7:38am On Dec 06, 2020
helinues:
smiley

But when in 2015 that illiterate vegetable deceived you he would put on his military uniforms and
lead the war from the front, you believed him, you hailed him, you shouted 'Sai Baba'.

You see why we call your type ZOMBIES?

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by helinues: 7:39am On Dec 06, 2020
chozzy:

But when in 2015 that illiterate vegetable deceived you he would put on his military uniforms and
lead the war from the front, you believed him, you hailed him, you shouted 'Sai Baba'.

You see why we call your type ZOMBIES?

Stop living in the pass and be active with reality.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Racoon(m): 7:46am On Dec 06, 2020
The said you cant tackle insecurity then despite them frustrating and sabotaging your efforts with deliberate incitement and exaggeration of the activities of BH terrorists.Now the north is a theatre of wanton bloodshed and killings

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Racoon(m): 7:46am On Dec 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:
This is a man with good heart and forgiving spirit.Had it been that lifeless mannequin in Aso Rock in GoodluckJonathan’s shoes, he would have spoken bitterly against the govt and call on the President to resign
A man who never attended council of state meeting while Jonathan was president but was only obsessed with Jonathan resignation as only him have the solution to Nigeria's problem then.

Now he is on board.The true intention is clear-granting Bandits/BH terrorists an undeserving amnesty while they continue their jihad & the insecurity is now threatening all parts of this nation.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Racoon(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2020
helinues:
Stop living in the pass and be active with reality.
The past is also part of reality. "If you know your histroy, then you will know where you're coming from(Buffallo Soldiers)." -Bob Nesta Marley

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by helinues: 7:56am On Dec 06, 2020
Racoon:
The past is also part of reality. "If you know your histroy, then you will know where you're coming from." -Lucky Dube

Gosh, why not engage other NL's without trolling me?

Why should you be wasting your time engaging with zombies? Are you a vampire?

Try and embrace some shame nigga

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by ChoCho54(f): 7:56am On Dec 06, 2020
Lifestone:

I am a Confirmed Omo Oduduwa
You didn't have to disgrace stalwert like that now.

Jonathan will be like...
Oga journalist na God I take beg you oo

5 Likes

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by BlackfireX: 8:06am On Dec 06, 2020
I want to slap this man

1 Like

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by Lamasta(m): 8:08am On Dec 06, 2020
This is not a time to trade blame cos this insecurity is affecting us all and is escalating by the day....

The government is not trying in that regard...

1 Like

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by rowland545(m): 8:20am On Dec 06, 2020
Stalwert:
Reno the slowpoke of all time should use his decayed brain and see how Jonathan knowing his manumental failure in security that bequeathed on Nigeria a weakened security system and poorly equipped military has the lucidity to know when to keep shut on such matters, that is having some level of dignity.
now read what u wrote and try and see if u made any sense...

Helpe check were u made sense in this rubbish u wrote? Because I can't find any.

Nigerian now and Nigerian under which is better ...don't let stupidity and hatred control ur sense of reasoning.

I will say this again if u voted buhari first and second term...u r an enemy of this country and bad things shout befall u

18 Likes

Re: I Am The Wrong Person To Comment On Insecurity - Jonathan by helinues: 8:24am On Dec 06, 2020
ChoCho54:
You didn't have to disgrace stalwert like that now.

Jonathan will be like...
Oga journalist na God I take beg you oo

Oya Cho Cho fun mi one time Cho
Cho Cho fun mi 2 times Cho Cho
Cho Cho fun mi 3 times Cho Cho Cho

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Likens Osinbajo To Aaron, Moses To Buhari; See Reply A Guy Gave / Buhari Never Said He Wouldn't Hand Over To Tinubu - Garba Shehu / We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.