Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Can Money Buy You Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Money Buy You Heaven? (361 Views)

666: A Day Is Coming When Money Alone Won't Be Able To Buy You Food (Pic) / Maurice Ampaw: Screaming God's Name During Sex Will Grant You Heaven / The Church You Worship Doesn't Guarantee You Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Money Buy You Heaven? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:24am On Dec 06, 2020
Can Money Buy You Heaven?

Ecclesiastes 10:19
A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.

This particular saying about money in the Bible is a proof that not every all sayings in the Bible were inspired of God or emanated from His Mouth, because even the world knows that money doesn't answer all things.

I can remember a song back in the days that goes, "money can't buy me love, can't buy me happiness...". And that song didn't even come from the church but the world, so it baffles me how some of those who claim to be of God would still be saying that "money answereth all things" just because it was written in the Bible even though it's so glaring that it's not true.

The same Bible makes it very clear that there are somethings that money cannot answer or solve, like when it comes to the salvation of a man's soul.

Mark 8:36

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Hence a man could have all the money in the world and still lose his own soul, because there are certain things that money cannot provide answer to.

So even the Bible makes it very clear that money cannot answer all things, as there are many such sayings in the Bible that disproves of that idea, hence it shouldn't be taken as a saying that was inspired of God even though It was written in the Bible, because such a saying could never come from God but from men because it's not true.

It's therefore important that when we read the Bible as believers that we are able to distinguish the things that were inspired of God or came out of His mouth from those which were inspired of the flesh (man) or came from the devil, because even if saying was gotten from the Bible, but wasn't inspired of the Spirit of God but of the flesh or the devil, it would profit nothing in Truth but death.

I wouldn't be surprised if this particular saying has led many to hell, because the love of money was already an issue many were yet struggling with, so some are already using the saying to justify such ungodly tendencies, as one would often hear such ones say, "after all, the Bible says money answereth all things". So instead of repenting from it, they hence have the perfect excuse to continue with such a wrong mindset that often leads them to evil which eventually leads to their destruction.

Believing that money answers everything is tantamount to believing that money is or like God, because God is the only answer to everything.

Hence Jesus said:

"No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Luke 16:13 (KJV)

So anyone who claims to serve God but still loves money because he believes money answers everything is actually not serving God but mammon, and if he continues on that path, he would eventually end up where mammon leads.

Luke 16:9 (KJV)

And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

Therefore the Truth is that money doesn't answer all things, so ensure that at the end all you have is not just money because it wouldn't be able to pay for your salvation.

God bless.
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by Redoil: 8:26am On Dec 06, 2020
money makes us face the reality's of life
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by DropsMic(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2020
Money is not everything....
It is the only thing
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by Bluezy13(m): 8:35am On Dec 06, 2020
You lesson plan is poor and largely sentimental.
The bible portions quoted are not in tandem with the explanation that you gave for them, especially the last two bible portions are totally off the explanation given as well as non relative to the subject matter.

Anyways it is non of my business, after all I am an atheist.
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2020
Bluezy13:
You lesson plan is poor and largely sentimental.
The bible portions quoted are not in tandem with the explanation that you gave for them, especially the last two bible portions are totally off the explanation given as well as non relative to the subject matter.

Anyways it is non of my business, after all I am an atheist.
No surprises @bolded.

The carnal mind cannot comprehend the things of the Spirit.
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by Bluezy13(m): 9:25am On Dec 06, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
No surprises @bolded.

The carnal mind cannot comprehend the things of the Spirit.

Common sense should tell you that I didn't counter the lesson but rather the lesson construction.
Don't drag me into a banter over your religious hypnotism.
Let your concentration be on the subject of this thread and the explanation that followed suit
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:31am On Dec 06, 2020
Bluezy13:

Common sense should tell you that I didn't counter the lesson but rather the lesson construction.
Don't drag me into a banter over your religious hypnotism.
Let your concentration be on the subject of this thread and the explanation that followed suit

Whatever you choose to call it, the bottomline is that the things of the Spirit are hidden to carnal minds.

So do not expect to comprehend it.
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by Bluezy13(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Whatever you choose to call it, the bottomline is that the things of the Spirit are hidden to carnal minds.

So do not expect to comprehend it.

Good luck as you wallow in acute ignorance.
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:04am On Dec 06, 2020
Bluezy13:

Good luck as you wallow in acute ignorance.
Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it. smiley
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by Bluezy13(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it. smiley

You are welcome.
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:17am On Dec 13, 2020
Luke 12:15

And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by tstx(m): 8:24am On Dec 13, 2020
Yes it does
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by madegreatbygrace(m): 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=96779941]Does Money Really Answer All Things?

Ecclesiastes 10:19
A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.

This particular saying about money in the Bible is a proof that not every all sayings in the Bible were inspired of God or emanated from His Mouth, because even the world knows that money doesn't answer all things.

I can remember a song back in the days that goes, "money can't buy me love, can't buy me happiness...". And that song didn't even come from the church but the world, so it baffles me how some of those who claim to be of God would still be saying that "money answereth all things" just because it was written in the Bible even though it's so glaring that it's not true.

The same Bible makes it very clear that there are somethings that money cannot answer or solve, like when it comes to the salvation of a man's soul.

Mark 8:36

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Hence a man could have all the money in the world and still lose his own soul, because there are certain things that money cannot provide answer to.

So even the Bible makes it very clear that money cannot answer all things, as there are many such sayings in the Bible that disproves of that idea, hence it shouldn't be taken as a saying that was inspired of God even though It was written in the Bible, because such a saying could never come from God but from men because it's not true.

It's therefore important that when we read the Bible as believers that we are able to distinguish the things that were inspired of God or came out of His mouth from those which were inspired of the flesh (man) or came from the devil, because even if saying was gotten from the Bible, but wasn't inspired of the Spirit of God but of the flesh or the devil, it would profit nothing in Truth but death.

I wouldn't be surprised if this particular saying has led many to hell, because the love of money was already an issue many were yet struggling with, so some are already using the saying to justify such ungodly tendencies, as one would often hear such ones say, "after all, the Bible says money answereth all things". So instead of repenting from it, they hence have the perfect excuse to continue with such a wrong mindset that often leads them to evil which eventually leads to their destruction.

Believing that money answers everything is tantamount to believing that money is or like God, because God is the only answer to everything.

Hence Jesus said:

"No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Luke 16:13 (KJV)

So anyone who claims to serve God but still loves money because he believes money answers everything is actually not serving God but mammon, and if he continues on that path, he would eventually end up where mammon leads.

Luke 16:9 (KJV)

And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

Therefore the Truth is that money doesn't answer all things, so ensure that at the end all you have is not just money because it wouldn't be able to pay for your salvation.

God bless.

The problem with understanding of most Bible verses is the application of the rule of context.

A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭10:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If you checked the kjv of your Bible ( hard copy), you’d discover that the word “things” is italicized.

It means it was not in the original but was added by the translators.

So the correct rendition would be:

A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all .”

This is pretty significant because it gives this particular scripture a whole new meaning.

The “all” refers to the feast and wine. Money answers to the feast and wine.

That is, you need money to throw a feast, and you also need money to buy the wine.

So the writer didn’t actually mean that money is the answer to all the problems on earth.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

The problem with understanding of most Bible verses is the application of the rule of context.

“A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭10:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If you checked the kjv of your Bible ( hard copy), you’d discover that the word “things” is italicized.

It means it was not in the original but was added by the translators.

So the correct rendition would be:

“A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all .”

This is pretty significant because it gives this particular scripture a whole new meaning.

The “all” refers to the feast and wine. Money answers to the feast and money.

That is, you need money to throw a feast, and you also need money to buy the wine.

Cheers.

Hmmm...

This makes much sense.

I just knew that something wasn't right somewhere because it was contrary to the Truth.

It's sad though that many especially Christians have been misled by the "things" added to that saying.

Thanks for this info. Really appreciate.
Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by madegreatbygrace(m): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2020
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=97032024]Hmmm...

This makes much sense.

I just knew that something wasn't right somewhere because it was contrary to the Truth.

It's sad though that many especially Christians have been misled by the "things" added to that saying.

Thanks for this info. Really appreciate.

You’re welcome bro

1 Like

Re: Can Money Buy You Heaven? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:01am On May 30, 2021
What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Evil Men Don't Understand Justice (from Proverbs 28:5) / Your Church Is Not Perfect But Righteous. / Count Your Blessings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.