Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning (29898 Views)

Lagos Port Complex Connected To Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. / Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by mannasseh(m): 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2020
while the ph... Enugu Rail has been shut down f lobg
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Seyzcham91(m): 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2020
It's True and yes that was ny thought too! if we can just agree to boycott that useless train e go make sense
blinking001:

If what you're saying is true then Nigerians should boycott the train stations.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by tnerro1(m): 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2020
christejames:
So some stubborn people still pay this 3k?

Naija, we can never come in unison to fight for a just course. I was hoping the passengers will protest this ignoble hike of rail transport fare which is suppose to be the cheapest.

I know the govt will do little or nothing to the passengers when they get to know about their grievances but at least they will surely reduce something from that amount.

We shouldn't be subservient to this administration at all, it's becoming too much and embarrassing.

They need Nigerians to repay the loan they took from China to build the railways

1 Like

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by uptimum123(m): 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2020
Bragalane:
OP pls change the topic to Igbo move to tears as railway begin operation from. Lagos to Ibadan.

Lol... Sense no go kill you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Onlinesmart: 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2020
mannasseh:
while the ph... Enugu Rail has been shut down f lobg
wait for atiku grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by picklighthouse: 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2020
uptimum123:

https://mobile.twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/1335865279889485825

Thank God for the strides. Gradually the trains are coming back and more modern. Hopefully the length and breadth of Nigeria will be connected and people will have mode of travel options.

Now i wish the president would give the ministry of transportation 4 years ultimatum to start producing coaches in-country. We can't continue to buy from China. We need to build and develop our own capacity for these things. We are Nigerians, we can do anything we set our minds on to do.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Gerrard59(m): 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2020
christejames:
So some stubborn people still pay this 3k?

Naija, we can never come in unison to fight for a just course. I was hoping the passengers will protest this ignoble hike of rail transport fare which is suppose to be the cheapest.

I know the govt will do little or nothing to the passengers when they get to know about their grievances but at least they will surely reduce something from that amount.

We shouldn't be subservient to this administration at all, it's becoming too much and embarrassing.

Nowhere are passenger railway services that cheap, only cargo. For 5K, it's more than fair considering the distance.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by saajus: 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2020
Guys, wait for at least a month before you try it. We don't test run things properly in Nigeria. Let's see how it runs for a month.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by hazel01(f): 2:36pm On Dec 07, 2020
ednut1:
faster than bus and na loan things. Price is fair
faster than bus ke? this is slow, getting to Lagos in 2hrs 40mins

1 Like

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Naijaarchive(m): 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2020
It's really nice.... It should be more safer if kidnappers and herdmen won't bombard the routes since it passes through thick forest grin ... Aside that it's nice and safer

People complaining of the price aren't being honest... Its actually fair considering the price car charge Lagos-Ibadan and vice versa... They have staffs to pay too and maintaining it too... Abi u want them to close up too
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by arsenal33: 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2020
majamajic:
Nice

When are we getting Lagos to Onitsha ?
GEJ has done it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by GEEBITE: 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2020
Almost 3hours on a journey of less than 150km.What a fast train!!! Meanwhile Manchester to London gets done in 2.15hrs.Thats a journey of 250miles(400km)
uptimum123:

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Kayrich(m): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2020
Is this real. because social media is what we read now and mostly fake news all the time. We read here that the project is a lie from BUBU. Is this really real as in real?
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by OmoManU: 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2020
sai Baba
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Felibaby(f): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2020
uptimum123:

2h 40m to get to Lagos from Ibadan on the train. Too long.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Reference(m): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2020
batstan:

grin
Is the passenger service not commercial?

The N500 the people are willing to pay is not commercial, but social. They should stick to cargo for now.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Tareq1105: 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2020
Abbey24:
Nice 1 from d fg after billions of naira has gone on a project dat suppose to b 4 lesser amount! there is God ooooooh

That's not an issue afterall Nigeria is a workshop. Na where you dey work, na hin you go shop.

I'm concerned about our failure to have a rail from Lagos to Abuja and we're concentrating on Kano to Niger Republic. Only Buhari and Amaechi can explain the economic advantage of this decision.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by ofwest47(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2020
Thank you Buhari/ Osinbajo for the beginning of the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by TheRareGem1(f): 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2020
majamajic:
Nice

When are we getting Lagos to Onitsha ?

Nnamdi Kalu will provide that naw.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by TheRareGem1(f): 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2020
The government is recording giant infrastructural stride and the names will down in the history.

Promise kept.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Charly68: 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2020
Imagine the cost of moving people from ibadan to Lagos..and if this Govt is not sick,they could have reduced the cost and use this new development to decongest Lagos ..When people realize it is.cheaper to move to Lagos from Ibadan,many will relocate to live there and be going to work daily without stress
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by erico2k2(m): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2020
uptimum123:

Great live in Ibadan work I n Lagos, pay Ibadan rent, receive Lagos salary grin grin grin
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by marsman: 6:03pm On Dec 07, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

I was thinking about metro and was dissapointed.

Malians were more excited to see this back in early 70s when most of your brothers migrated to then Ivore Coast present day Republic of Côte d'Ivoire through Dahomey present day Republic of Benin their route to C.V back then and they constitutes one of the largest immigrants in that country and they were nicknamed anango.

Contact me to tell you the meaning, the igbos you that migrated to your region are all colonialist, today they are political office holders and administrators there while their marchants are busy buying everything from land to graveyards.

You need to show some respect!!.

When will you come out of your small mind house negro!
Haha, Just like in the developed Countries, you guys are our Labor force, keep working to develop our 5th Largest Economy in Africa. One Love Nigga.
PS: I don't take Orders from Flatheaded Nyanmiri.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by 1stNumeroUno: 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2020
ednut1:
faster than bus and na loan things. Price is fair

Bro check well. Price is not fair at all. How much do Abuja-Kaduna train cost? Speed is bad too. 2hrs 45 min from Lagos to Ibadan, ordinary 110km...tueh! Also, timing can be better 8AM is a bit late.

Come who dey design and manage all these govt agencies now?
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by NgwalandAbia(m): 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
marsman:

Haha, Just like in the developed Countries, you guys are our Labor force, keep working to develop our 5th Largest Economy in Africa. One Love Nigga.
PS: I don't take Orders from Flatheaded Nyanmiri.

I don't take words from an inferior person that has been dominated by other tribes while using their girls as sex slaves serious.

5th my ass, It's a Nigerian project that's why Hausas and Igbos can face anyone there, Go and make Osun the 5th and then I will take you serious.

By the way, are you a Lagosian or immigrant as tenant in Lagos from Ijabu Ode.

My Yoruba Muslim I can feel your pain but Lagos is no longer under your control.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Jez9(m): 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2020
This train is not for just anyhow person, the price will streamline the calibar of people that the fg want to patronize it so as to maintain lifespan of the train before all those Aboki will start bringing their Goats and all manner into it. If you know you you know. Its strictly for the Elites.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by rossniti: 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2020
picklighthouse:

Thank God for the strides. Gradually the trains are coming back and more modern. Hopefully the length and breadth of Nigeria will be connected and people will have mode of travel options.

Now i wish the president would give the ministry of transportation 4 years ultimatum to start producing coaches in-country. We can't continue to buy from China. We need to build and develop our own capacity for these things. We are Nigerians, we can do anything we set our minds on to do.

God bless Nigeria.

There is a rail manufacturing plant under construction in Ogun State, that comes as part of the contracts with the Chinese. The huge factory, when completed, would employ over 5,000 Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by rossniti: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2020
Felibaby:

2h 40m to get to Lagos from Ibadan on the train. Too long.

That's temporary. They're taking it easy in introducing the service to ensure it all works properly before increasing speed.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by marsman: 7:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

I don't take words from an inferior person that has been dominated by other tribes while using their girls as sex slaves serious.

5th my ass, It's a Nigerian project that's why Hausas and Igbos can face anyone there, Go and make Osun the 5th and then I will take you serious.

By the way, are you a Lagosian or immigrant as tenant in Lagos from Ijabu Ode.

My Yoruba Muslim I can feel your pain but Lagos is no longer under your control.
Lol.... Face who... The political Office you are busy Boasting about the only one which you kind can ever get in that Lagos, is Minister of Gutter affairs.

I wonder who is the are the real Lagos Indiegiens, people with 99% of there tribe In Office, or people that sell foot wares and Okirika beside the road.

All this sex slave talk na okoto, you sound really Unwise saying it, Hide your stupidity next time.
Little do you know that Osun and Lagos are Connected, in many ways, firstly but Political Party, and second tribe.
And you could not face fashola when he packed y'all inside bus and deported in Asia, onitsha and the all those remaining Potopoto region.
As long Sanwolu still sits on that throne and tinubu is still the Jagaban, Second Class Citizens that is what all you Nyanmiri's are. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Visit To Argo Legendary Ship Of Myth In Volos, Greece (photos) / India's New High Speed Train Breaks Down After Hitting Cow / Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.