Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning (29897 Views)

Lagos Port Complex Connected To Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. / Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Negotiate: 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2020
Skynet45:
grin grin grin grin

5000 naira to get to ibadan when it's 700 and I'll get a good bus. They should complete Lagos rail project within the state, that has more commercial value than this over bloated project that is not necessary. I heard it would link to Kano and then Niger republic. So that more herdsmen can move to the south west.

please do intra Lagos rail line linking alalimosho to agege and then Victoria island and lekki with other parts of the state Lagos traffic is killing

They will make the roads unsafe with bandit so you have no option but to use the train. Check out Abuja to Kaduna.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by porthouse7(f): 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2020
majamajic:
Nice

When are we getting Lagos to Onitsha ?
so all easterners can migrate end mass to d west, please we don't want onistsha to lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by NgwalandAbia(m): 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2020
marsman:

Lol.... Face who... The political Office you are busy Boasting about the only one which you kind can ever get in that Lagos, is Minister of Gutter affairs.

I wonder who is the are the real Lagos Indiegiens, people with 99% of there tribe In Office, or people that sell foot wares and Okirika beside the road.

All this sex slave talk na okoto, you sound really Unwise saying it, Hide your stupidity next time.
Little do you know that Osun and Lagos are Connected, in many ways, firstly but Political Party, and second tribe.
And you could not face fashola when he packed y'all inside bus and deported in Asia, onitsha and the all those remaining Potopoto region.
As long Sanwolu still sits on that throne and tinubu is still the Jagaban, Second Class Citizens that is what all you Nyanmiri's are. cheesy

Ceremonial or not, we are before you, first civilian president and first military head of state, we even gave you this federal unit...Awo the rat poison take could not make it till Obasanjo the outcast that has no father in Yoruba land came.

Now we have purchase almost Lagos when you rant from Oshogbo....Your brown roof republic can't even compete with us, I think you are somewhere at Orele waiting for Emeka to send you for message..Slave to the North and Afonja defeated muslim.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by NoIgboSoundTueh: 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

I was thinking about metro and was dissapointed.

Malians were more excited to see this back in early 70s when most of your brothers migrated to then Ivore Coast present day Republic of Côte d'Ivoire through Dahomey present day Republic of Benin their route to C.V back then and they constitutes one of the largest immigrants in that country and they were nicknamed anango.

Contact me to tell you the meaning, the igbos you that migrated to your region are all colonialist, today[b] they are political office holders and administrators[/b] there while their marchants are busy buying everything from land to graveyards.

You need to show some respect!!.

When will you come out of your small mind house negro!

1 Like

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by CoolAmbience(m): 8:16pm On Dec 07, 2020
majamajic:
Nice

That would be when your third 'Azikiwe' emerges.

The first Azikiwe, of course, is no more; the second being Goodluck Jonathan tossed Ndigbo around like cards for six years with nothing to show.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by ibuildstuff(m): 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2020
Abbey24:
Nice 1 from d fg after billions of naira has gone on a project dat suppose to b 4 lesser amount! there is God ooooooh
That's not the issue sef, the line is too expensive.
3000 for economic, while 6k for first class.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2020
lozanni:

I have been asking when we shall get the Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Owerri-Aba-Port Harcourt rail line up and running.

The volume of passengers on that route will surely make it one of the most profitable rail route in the country as well decongest our roads of heavy vehicles as the containers can be carried by rail too

That's bad news for SW, more economic migrants coming in
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by ibuildstuff(m): 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2020
tnerro1:

They need Nigerians to repay the loan they took from China to build the railways
Even though, the price to too much.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2020
majamajic:
Nice

Be there waiting for onitsha train. Don't you know Niger is more Nigeria than onitsha?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by marsman: 9:25pm On Dec 07, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

Ceremonial or not, we are before you, first civilian president and first military head of state, we even gave you this federal unit...Awo the rat poison take could not make it till Obasanjo the outcast that has no father in Yoruba land came.

Now we have purchase almost Lagos when you rant from Oshogbo....Your brown roof republic can't even compete with us, I think you are somewhere at Orele waiting for Emeka to send you for message..Slave to the North and Afonja defeated muslim.
Omo e pain am sha... Great Awo really dealt with You people, his entrance into that police and thief shit you guys were going with Gowon, changed the situation of things immediately. Sorry ehen, and actually Emeka from Abia is the one presently waiting at my gate to beg for money, with all the first first, Igbo Land is still the Most poor and wretched land in the south, even the Almajiri beggers are avoiding it.
Keep Investing the proceed you gain from crime Nd money ritual in Lagos, and Boost our Economy , someone will sha serve as the slave, the labor force while having the illusion of a master. My Brown roof republic will swallow Most of all those poor Villages you call state in the east. Rubbish. The real Poverty Capital of Nigeria.

We don't Care what you think about Awolowo, Oga gave them hot, now they can't do nothing but wail and shed tears in pain when they hear his name.
While masturbating on Awo's name remember your eternal leader sergeant Ojukwu who disguised like a coward just to flee that backwards region of yours ,while your fore fathers and Mothers, were busy dying of hunger and perishing because of starvation, You tried to rule by force, but was thought a lesson you will never forget. cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by picklighthouse: 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2020
rossniti:

There is a rail manufacturing plant under construction in Ogun State, that comes as part of the contracts with the Chinese. The huge factory, when completed, would employ over 5,000 Nigerians.

Way to go. Thank God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by NgwalandAbia(m): 10:47pm On Dec 07, 2020
[s]
marsman:

Omo e pain am sha... Great Awo really dealt with You people, his entrance into that police and thief shit you guys were going with Gowon, changed the situation of things immediately. Sorry ehen, and actually Emeka from Abia is the one presently waiting at my gate to beg for money, with all the first first, Igbo Land is still the Most poor and wretched land in the south, even the Almajiri beggers are avoiding it.
Keep Investing the proceed you gain from crime Nd money ritual in Lagos, and Boost our Economy , someone will sha serve as the slave, the labor force while having the illusion of a master. My Brown roof republic will swallow Most of all those poor Villages you call state in the east. Rubbish. The real Poverty Capital of Nigeria.

We don't Care what you think about Awolowo, Oga gave them hot, now they can't do nothing but wail and shed tears in pain when they hear his name.
While masturbating on Awo's name remember your eternal leader sergeant Ojukwu who disguised like a coward just to flee that backwards region of yours ,while your fore fathers and Mothers, were busy dying of hunger and perishing because of starvation, You tried to rule by force, but was thought a lesson you will never forget. cheesy
[/s]

Your Awo drank rat poison and never have the honour to be called either ceremonial president or what ever, you guys are just below us.

Awo was a prisoner under Ojukwu.

http://republicreporters.com/ojukwu-released-awolowo-from-calabar-jail-i-released-awolowo-from-jail-even-that-some-people-are-beginning-to-contest-as-well-awo-was-in-jail-in-calabar-gowon-knows-and-the-whole-of-the-federal/

Awo was never president because he can't, he died as an opposition.

East is far developed than every part of Nigeria and your brown roof republic can't compete.

We don't need almajiri in the east because they are like your fellow yoruba muslims, we welcome other Yorubas.

You are our gatemen in Lagos and have no means of survival without us, your region is powered with oil from our place in Eastern Nigeria.

So, travel to Lagos and see what we are doing in that state because it's a no man's land.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by lozanni(m): 9:23am On Dec 08, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

That's bad news for SW, more economic migrants coming in

No, it's not. Why do you think countries are looking for foreign investors?
'Immigrants' come with their wealth, expertise and other goodies. You only need to take a look at Lagos, during the Xmas period, when it, sometimes, looks empty because many of the so called 'immigrants' have travelled to their home towns.
Also the SW people are now travelling a lot, and may require this train service, to the SE and SS as I was amazed, not too long ago when I saw a lot of SW people in Aba who came to do their respective businesses. I also saw a lot of SW people in Port Harcourt who own properties, live and work there.
I remember a Yoruba tricycle driver I met in PH who told me he was really enjoying the place as he arrived at PH a poor man, but through his Ikwerre friend he was able to get a tricycle on hire purchase, complete it's payment and now owned many of them and has been able to build a bungalow in PH.
The Igbos say 'Nge Madu bi ko na wachi' meaning where you live and get your daily bread is where you will likely care for and cherish.
You may never know where your good fortune lies as it might not be in the region you hail from, ask the Greeks and Lebanese people about this.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 08, 2020
lozanni:

No, it's not. Why do you think countries are looking for foreign investors?
'Immigrants' come with their wealth, expertise and other goodies. You only need to take a look at Lagos, during the Xmas period, when it, sometimes, looks empty because many of the so called 'immigrants' have travelled to their home towns.
Also the SW people are now travelling a lot, and may require this train service, to the SE and SS as I was amazed, not too long ago when I saw a lot of SW people in Aba who came to do their respective businesses. I also saw a lot of SW people in Port Harcourt who own properties, live and work there.
I remember a Yoruba tricycle driver I met in PH who told me he was really enjoying the place as he arrived at PH a poor man, but through his Ikwerre friend he was able to get a tricycle on hire purchase, complete it's payment and now owned many of them and has been able to build a bungalow in PH.
The Igbos say 'Nge Madu bi ko na wachi' meaning where you live and get your daily bread is where you will likely care for and cherish.
You may never know where your good fortune lies as it might not be in the region you hail from, ask the Greeks and Lebanese people about this.

The only place one can be at ease is his ancestral land, if not for lugard and the British we won't be having this conversation, I'd rather a rail line is built from Lagos to Benin republic than the SE because I share alot more in common with them than my close neighbors in edo, there may be some Yorubas in the SS doing business and a lot lesser in the SE, but this isn't close to the ones coming into the SW on a daily, and most of them don't necessarily come with expertise or money.. instead they put pressure on our health, education and social sector, they come with different vices and cultural beliefs..if they exit SW today I can tell you that it would increase the amount of opportunities for SWerners and the one's in SE and SS would probably come back.. a rail line to the north is understandable considering the agricultural produce being brought down from there; it's beneficial to both parties, but a rail line to SE or SS; what would the Yoruba's really benefit apart from more refugees pouring into the region, a rail line to the SE is a bad omen for the south west and should never be considered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by lozanni(m): 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

The only place one can be at ease is his ancestral land, if not for lugard and the British we won't be having this conversation, I'd rather a rail line is built from Lagos to Benin republic than the SE because I share alot more in common with them than my close neighbors in edo, there may be some Yorubas in the SS doing business and a lot lesser in the SE, but this isn't close to the ones coming into the SW on a daily, and most of them don't necessarily come with expertise or money.. instead they put pressure on our health, education and social sector, they come with different vices and cultural beliefs..if they exit SW today I can tell you that it would increase the amount of opportunities for SWerners and the one's in SE and SS would probably come back.. a rail line to the north is understandable considering the agricultural produce being brought down from there; it's beneficial to both parties, but a rail line to SE or SS; what would the Yoruba's really benefit apart from more refugees pouring into the region, a rail line to the SE is a bad omen for the south west and should never be considered

No man is an Island. I can decipher from your writing that you have never really interacted with people from very diverse cultures in order to know or understand them better.
You never really know the importance of a relationship until you lose it. Before the closure of the Seme border, we never fully realised it's importance to the Lagos and other states economy, but we do now as many business people are crying and pleading for it's reopening.
If the SE and SS people leave Lagos, as you are advocating, then we shall know if they had been useful to the SW economy or not.
Restructuring or regionalism will definitely help to address many of the issues you have raised.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2020
lozanni:

No man is an Island. I can decipher from your writing that you have never really interacted with people from very diverse cultures in order to know or understand them better.
You never really know the importance of a relationship until you lose it. Before the closure of the Seme border, we never fully realised it's importance to the Lagos and other states economy, but we do now as many business people are crying and pleading for it's reopening.
If the SE and SS people leave Lagos, as you are advocating, then we shall know if they had been useful to the SW economy or not.
Restructuring or regionalism will definitely help to address many of the issues you have raised.

Everyone knew the importance of the seme border before it was closed and we felt it's effects, Igbo like you said usually leave Lagos enmass during festive seasons and the only difference we see is reduction in traffic and crime, our forefathers built the south west on agriculture majorly from cocoa money and created a generation of highly qualified individuals all without crude.oil; we already have the expatise to run our region, our lands are fertile, with a good shoreline we can grow our food and get the one's we need from the north, manufacturing, production, entertainment we have it even tho it may not be fully developed, if the igbos leave it would only make more room for those in the region to thrive, if you're in doubt kindly tell me one thing the SW benefits from the SE . And yes, I agree with you on the last part; restructuring is the only solution in the issues we find ourselves in as a country; let each region control it's environmental and natural resources and everyone holding their own leaders accountable. It's the only solution.
Re: Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning by marsman: 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2020
NgwalandAbia:
[s][/s]

Your Awo drank rat poison and never have the honour to be called either ceremonial president or what ever, you guys are just below us.

Awo was a prisoner under Ojukwu.

http://republicreporters.com/ojukwu-released-awolowo-from-calabar-jail-i-released-awolowo-from-jail-even-that-some-people-are-beginning-to-contest-as-well-awo-was-in-jail-in-calabar-gowon-knows-and-the-whole-of-the-federal/

Awo was never president because he can't, he died as an opposition.

East is far developed than every part of Nigeria and your brown roof republic can't compete.

We don't need almajiri in the east because they are like your fellow yoruba muslims, we welcome other Yorubas.

You are our gatemen in Lagos and have no means of survival without us, your region is powered with oil from our place in Eastern Nigeria.

So, travel to Lagos and see what we are doing in that state because it's a no man's land.
Gowon released Awolowo, he dealt with your fla.t heads. Because of you now, Emeka did not eat the other night. Know who you will be exchanging words with next time, i might be the Yoruba Man that will uplift you out of your hole. Awolowo died a much peaceful natural death, than Ojukwu who died a Vegetable.
Awolowo Lives On

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Visit To Argo Legendary Ship Of Myth In Volos, Greece (photos) / India's New High Speed Train Breaks Down After Hitting Cow / Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.