Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! (1839 Views)

Muslim Clerics Organising Sex Slavery Of Young Girls BBC / I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision / Slavery Of Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by Uyi168: 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2020
budaatum:
I agree Max, "you need wisdom to discern what happened is written in the Bible", but I guess some people need to lie to themselves so they can continue to believe what they want to believe but they can't or should not expect everyone to believe their lies.

We read in the Holy Book of Truths that when Adam had lived one hundred thirty (130) years, which was after he was supposedly meant to have died in the Garden of Eden, he became the father of a son in his likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth. Thus all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred thirty (930) years; and he died". [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Gen+5%3A3-5&version=KJV]Gen 5:3&5[/url]

So effectively, at least 800 years after eating the forbidden fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil which was supposed to kill him if he ate, Adam finally died. Isn't it sort of odd for you to claim the eating of the fruit at least 800 years ago killed him? I mean, does that not seem like a very ineffective poison to you or that at least the person who forbade them eating the fruit lied to Adam for some reason?

Instead we read that Adam's eyes opened and he saw that he was naked. And he and his wife stopped being slaves and got their own farm instead of working for the owner of the Garden of Eden whom some think is their God!

If we teach this to the Adams and Eves in the North of Nigeria would alimanjeri not be eliminated through education and be freed from the slavery they are kept under?

Is it not the truth that the entire teachings of Christ is "Eat fully of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil so thy days may be as long as Adam's?

In fact, can it not be said that for Christians at least, the closest we have to the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is the Word in the Holy Bible, which we are advised to imbibe daily so that we may acquire understanding and live?

Yeah, I know it's not what they teach you but I know some are capable of wisely discerning. So, did the so called serpent lie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOFu6b3w6c0
I've always wondered which side u belong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by MuttleyLaff: 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2020
budaatum:
No junkie. It is you who infers. And it does matter that He did not write it with his own hands since it is relevant to its understanding.

Something is clearly wrong if a loving Almighty God would rather keep Adam and Eve as ignorant naked slaves especiallyif that same God blessed them at creation and told them toBe fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth”, which I doubt they'd be able to do if they did not eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to learn how it should be done.
Something, defo, is clearly wrong, the moment one starts a remark with "Something is clearly wrong if a loving Almighty God..." as if putting a loving Almighty God on trial.

Is it possible for an ignorant human being to name the genus of the animal kingdom. Is it an ignorant human being who understands that his wife is the template from whom other human beings will form from?

Their offspring were addressed as sons of God, not slaves. They were au naturel quire alright, but didnt mind that, as they very covered in the garment of righteousnes, which they realised was stripped of them, after eating the fruit off the TKGE.

1 Like

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2020
Uyi168:

I've always wondered which side u belong.
I do not belong to sides as such but I very often run from the ignorant do not use one's brain side for fear of burning in hell due to ignorance.
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by Uyi168: 8:59pm On Dec 07, 2020
budaatum:

I do not belong to sides as such but I very often run from the ignorant do not use one's brain side for fear of burning in hell due to ignorance.
I get..
I asked u one question a lonnng time ago.

Will u be willing to answer me this fine around?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2020
Uyi168:
I get..
I asked u one question a lonnng time ago.

Will u be willing to answer me this fine around?
Lol. You do know that if I answer the question above, I've answered you, right?
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by Kobojunkiee: 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2020
budaatum:
No junkie. It is you who infers. And it does matter that He did not write it with his own hands since it is relevant to its understanding.
Why does it matter that He, God, did not write the text presented in the book of Genesis?
What texts do you know of that were written by God Himself that we have today, to compare it with?
budaatum:
Something is clearly wrong if a loving Almighty God would rather keep Adam and Eve as ignorant naked...
Adam and Eve did not know themselves naked, not until after they ate from the forbidden tree, so what was so wrong about them being naked before that? And what is wrong with the unclothedness of man even now? Are nudists ignorant folks?
budaatum:
...slaves especially if that same God blessed them at creation and told them to “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth”, which I doubt they'd be able to do if they did not eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to learn how it should be done.
Adam and Eve, slaves? I don't follow... they had the freedom to do just about anything they wanted except to eat from the one tree.
For all we know, Adam and Eve may have lived a million years in the garden of Eden before the fall of man took place... so how do you know they were not able to carry out at least part of the mandate as given by God during their time before?
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by MuttleyLaff: 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Why does it matter that He, God, did not write the text presented in the book of Genesis?
What texts do you know of that were written by God Himself that we have today, to compare it with?
Adam and Eve did not know themselves naked, not until after they ate from the forbidden tree, so what was so wrong about them being naked before that? And what is wrong with the unclothedness of man even now? Are nudists ignorant folks?
Adam and Eve, slaves? I don't follow... they had the freedom to do just about anything they wanted except to eat from the one tree.

For all we know, Adam and Eve may have lived a million years in the garden of Eden before the fall of man took place...
so how do you know they were not able to carry out at least part of the mandate as given by God during their time before?
[img]https://media./images/c140420a1d306e8985d809ba56087e00/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
That Gods don't write books is rather obvious, which is why we humans should not be uncritical of what we read.

Kobojunkiee:
Well, neither, according to the text, did they know what was good or what was evil, which makes me wonder if they knew the being they walked hand in hand with in the Garden of Eden was God or really satan. Thankfully, they did eat the fruit and our eyes are now said to be open so we can't justifiably make the error they might have made.

Kobojunkiee:
If you accuse me of inferring they were naked slaves I shall gladly admit I am guilty as charged. I do not accept that they had the freedom you claim they had though since it's like claiming slaves on a plantation have freedom except the freedon to leave the plantation or learn to own their own farm.

Kobojunkiee:
For all we know, Adam and Eve may have lived a million years in the garden of Eden before the fall of man took place... so how do you know they were not able to carry out at least part of the mandate as given by God during their time before?
No, junkie. Please say, for all you know. I personally try really hard to not impose my own thoughts and desire on the text I read, though I'm certain it seems that's what I'm doing here despite my claim to the contrary.

Still, look at the evidence. Would I be lying if I claim that so called advanced nations that eat abundantly of the fruits of knowledge of good and evil fulfil that mandate much more than nations that invest much less on educating its people? Basically, does education not empower?
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by Uyi168: 9:47pm On Dec 07, 2020
budaatum:

Lol. You do know that if I answer the question above, I've answered you, right?
Here is the question.
Are u male or female?

1 Like

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 10:35pm On Dec 07, 2020
Uyi168:
Here is the question.
Are u male or female?
You know very well this question gets the stock answer. Lol!

buda is both male and female,
both equally is buda created.

Just imagine the responses I'd get if my gender were known, and pigs, yuk! Besides, I never find it relevant to topics at hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by Dtruthspeaker: 12:05am On Dec 08, 2020
budaatum:

We read in the Holy Book of Truths that when Adam had lived one hundred thirty (130) years, which was after he was supposedly meant to have died in the Garden of Eden, he became the father of a son in his likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth. Thus all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred thirty (930) years; and he died"...

So effectively, at least 800 years after eating the forbidden fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil which was supposed to kill him if he ate, Adam finally died. Isn't it sort of odd for you to claim the eating of the fruit at least 800 years ago killed him? I mean, does that not seem like a very ineffective poison to you or that at least the person who forbade them eating the fruit lied to Adam for some reason?

Instead we read that Adam's eyes opened and he saw that he was naked. And he and his wife stopped being slaves and got their own farm instead of working for the owner of the Garden of Eden whom some think is their God!

The Answer here is that "You are Evil because God is Good"! In that while you wish that the Fruit Be Like Sniper and Immediately Lethal, God Elected that they should not be immediately cut down as He has Continually shown.

Anyway, the Further Answer is that It Is At the Discretion of He who Retains the Life of Another to Either Terminate it immediately or Elongate it or May Even Refuse to Exercise Discretion by not Interfering with the life at All without question.

But All these options and more are at His Full Discretion and Power!

1 Like

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 12:41am On Dec 08, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The Answer here is that "You are Evil because God is Good"! In that while you wish that the Fruit Be Like Sniper and Immediately Lethal, God Elected that they should not be immediately cut down as He has Continually shown.

Anyway, the Further Answer is that It Is At the Discretion of He who Retains the Life of Another to Either Terminate it immediately or Elongate it or May Even Refuse to Exercise Discretion by not Interfering with the life at All without question.

But All these options and more are at His Full Discretion and Power!
I do not know how to deal with your baseless assumptions and insults than to thank God that you live and hope you continue to be blessed. Amen

1 Like

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by Dtruthspeaker: 12:53am On Dec 08, 2020
budaatum:

I do not know how to deal with your baseless assumptions and insults than to thank God that you live and hope you continue to be blessed. Amen

I was not insulting you, I was only pointing out the Difference in your own thinking vis-a-vis What The Lord Did!

1 Like

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 12:58am On Dec 08, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I was not insulting you, I was only pointing out the Difference in your own thinking vis-a-vis What The Lord Did!
If you say so, though I must wonder what Lord you speak of that makes you claim one is evil, rebellious and foolish like a phone.
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by Dtruthspeaker: 1:22am On Dec 08, 2020
budaatum:

If you say so, though I must wonder what Lord you speak of that makes you claim one is evil, rebellious and foolish like a phone.

The One and Only True God, who Sees All and Knows All, The Lord of hosts is His Name! grin

And it is He Who Teacheth me that it is evil to justify the Wicked and take away the Righteousness of the Righteous!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by MuttleyLaff: 4:43am On Dec 08, 2020
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by Uyi168: 6:45am On Dec 08, 2020
budaatum:

You know very well this question gets the stock answer. Lol!

buda is both male and female,
both equally is buda created.

Just imagine the responses I'd get if my gender were known, and pigs, yuk! Besides, I never find it relevant to topics at hand.
Ur wahala too much.
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
Uyi168:
Ur wahala too much.
Lol
Yeah, I know.
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by luvmijeje(f): 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
The story of Adam and Eve is a clear evidence that when it comes to religions we suspend all sense of reasoning. What do I mean?
Gen 3 : 4 - 5

You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Gen 3 : 1

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made.

Let's go back Gen 1 : 28

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Have anybody asked if we are indeed giving dominion over ever every living creature why is the Serpent more crafty than Adam and Eve?

If indeed the tree of good and bad leads to death how come the serpent lives and continue to live long after Adam and Eve has gone. The serpents who leads them continue to live while those who followed his lead have long died.

And none of the Pastors and the educated Church members questioned it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
luvmijeje:
The story of Adam and Eve is a clear evidence that when it comes to religions we suspend all sense of reasoning. What do I mean?
Gen 3 : 4 - 5

You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Gen 3 : 1

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made.

Let's go back Gen 1 : 28

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Have anybody asked if we are indeed giving dominion over ever every living creature why is the Serpent more crafty than Adam and Eve?

If indeed the tree of good and bad leads to death how come the serpent lives and continue to live long after Adam and Eve has gone. The serpents who leads them continue to live while those who followed his lead have long died.

And none of the Pastors and the educated Church members questioned it?
It is indeed time to question if the pastors and members are educated.
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by luvmijeje(f): 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2020
budaatum:

It is indeed time to question if the pastors and members are educated.

They are educated. Do you know how I know?

I have seen some of this religionists in actions . During the 2019 elections, if you see the ways some of these guys were analyzing politics, you will open your mouth. If you see the way they were fighting dirty, you will wonder!

Just tell them it is Buhari /Tinubu(APC) or Endsars Protesters /Kanu IPOB(PDP) that wrote the Bible, the way they will dissect it, you will be in shock.

It's high time we start questioning why they are closing their eyes to this flaws.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by sonmvayina(m): 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2020
Where did we even get the idea that with so many creation myths in the world over, the jewish is the only one that is truth?

Still beats my imagination..

Well as for me, i know 10000% that whoever wtote that never said they where writting actual events. So why do we waste time in analysing the letters in the stories. The best position to assume is believe the story is a lie. The second is to learn the message in it and move on...

The adam and eve story happens to be a recast of an earlier babylonian epic. It is just a story telling of how man forfeited the chance to dwell indefinately on earth..The serpent of the good tree was Ninghiszida and the serpent of the evil tree was Dimuzi. They are the two serpent that make up the symbol for modern medicine..Neither of them is the devil, The devil is Nanna.(ie god of darkness).
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by sonmvayina(m): 10:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
Adam means man and Eve means woman...they are not proper names...
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by sonmvayina(m): 10:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
God is conciouseness, the source of all creation. So therefore the stories from A to Z are all allegories and should be treated as such...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I truly do not understand your response here. Are you saying that I am hiddenly saying that you are arrogant stupid...?

Because I said no such and I did not intend to say such.

If you look closely at my posts when I intend to insult, I do so directly to the face of the person.

No, of course not Dtruthspeaker, lol, and lol, again.
You are not the voice in my head, and lol, again.

I am going through what Eve went through when we read a serpent spoke to her, and what Paul went through on the road to Damascus, and what told Mohammed to recite the Quran. A crisis, one may say, or schizophrenic voices inside my own head. Trust me, you have not insulted buda, ever, and I shall in fact tell you what has been said to me so far.

"buda", the voice in my head made me hear. "Tell what happened in your bed last night".

"But it has nought to do with anyone", said I. "And besides, why would I want to share my shame with anyone"?

"So it may be known how sincere you are being", I heard.

You see, while I was asleep last night, or the night before, it would be now, I lost control of my bowels and had to wash myself and my sheets. You can see how I would rather not say.

"Is it not true that when Adam and Eve ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil their eyes opened and they became as God, knowing the difference between good and evil?" The voice then had me hear.

"Yes", I said. "It is at least so written".

"And did they not die like Gods die?" It asked.

To wit I said, "indeed they do", for I know the Gods do indeed die and ascend into the heavens, every God that has ever been and likely will ever be. And the voice has left me pondering at my own stupidity and ignorance and lack of understanding and having to confess that I pood stinky on myself, and now I go mad awaiting further from the voice that is inside my head.

As I said, a crisis. One not brought on by you in any way whatsoever, though somehow to do with the speaker of truths. And no, not the poo bit I do confess.

It is that time of the year, you see, when the Children of the King of the Entire Heavens are summoned to give account to our Father, the King of the Entire Heavens, and I, not being home these past few years get to account inside my head. But damn do I hate being made to bare my soul to scrutiny here and explain why my Bodhi tree is stinky poo! It is either as Euripides says, "Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad", or "those whom the Gods will bless they first make poo themselves", though there's no source for the latter, I just made it up in my own head.

Forgive me for being rather obtuse (some say I go Yoda), and for moving my response here. It is where I am ordered to put it and shall add to it as I get it.

You Sir, I truly adore, and sign this with a tear.
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
sonmvayina:
God is conciouseness, the source of all creation. So therefore the stories from A to Z are all allegories and should be treated as such...
Indeed they are and they must.

2 Likes

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by sonmvayina(m): 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2020
budaatum:

No, of course not Dtruthspeaker, lol, and lol, again.
You are not the voice in my head, and lol, again.

I am going through what Eve went through when we read a serpent spoke to her, and what Paul went through on the road to Damascus, and what told Mohammed to recite the Quran. A crisis, one may say, or schizophrenic voices inside my own head. Trust me, you have not insulted buda, ever, and I shall in fact tell you what has been said to me so far.

"buda", the voice in my head made me hear. "Tell what happened in your bed last night".

"But it has nought to do with anyone", said I. "And besides, why would I want to share my shame with anyone"?

"So it may be known how sincere you are being", I heard.

You see, while I was asleep last night, or the night before, it would be now, I lost control of my bowels and had to wash myself and my sheets. You can see how I would rather not say.

"Is it not true that when Adam and Eve ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil their eyes opened and they became as God, knowing the difference between good and evil?" The voice then had me hear.

"Yes", I said. "It is at least so written".

"And did they not die like Gods die?" It asked.

To wit I said, "indeed they do", for I know the Gods do indeed die and ascend into the heavens, every God that has ever been and likely will ever be. And the voice has left me pondering at my own stupidity and ignorance and lack of understanding and having to confess that I pood stinky on myself, and now I go mad awaiting further from the voice that is inside my head.

As I said, a crisis. One not brought on by you in any way whatsoever, though somehow to do with the speaker of truths. And no, not the poo bit I do confess.

It is that time of the year, you see, when the Children of the King of the Entire Heavens are summoned to give account to our Father, the King of the Entire Heavens, and I, not being home these past few years get to account inside my head. But damn do I hate being made to bare my soul to scrutiny here and explain why my Bodhi tree is stinky poo! It is either as Euripides says, "Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad", or "those whom the Gods will bless they first make poo themselves", though there's no source for the latter, I just made it up in my own head.

Forgive me for being rather obtuse (some say I go Yoda), and for moving my response here. It is where I am ordered to put it and shall add to it as I get it.

You Sir, I truly adore, and sign this with a tear.

Did you really shyt on your body?...lol..(sly attempt at humor )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

Did you really shyt on your body?...lol..(sly attempt at humor )
buda does not lie.
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by sonmvayina(m): 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
budaatum:

buda does not lie.

I undeestand what you mean....most times when i read stuff like this, i know at face value it might be a lie, i go for the hidden message...

There is a portion of the old writtings where God said he would give the israelites faeces to eat...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by budaatum: 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

I undeestand what you mean....most times when i read stuff like this, i know at face value it might be a lie, i go for the hidden message...

There is a portion of the old writtings where God said he would give the israelites faeces to eat...
I did not eat it, lol. Just had it smeared all over my body and bedsheets, but as you can see, it did contain a message.

For those who wonder about Gods that are dead a grave for some are here.

Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by orisa37: 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
I just love this Report. Though it can be improved in some ways, but it's much more close to Light Goodness and Eternal LIFE which ADAM AND EVE DIED TO IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN.
Re: Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! by orisa37: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Noted Ma, thanks! smiley

No wonder she reasons like Eve

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If All Pastors Can Teach This / A Question For Tithe Payers / How Two Religions Deceive Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.