Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation (33410 Views)

Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised / Your Call For Reconciliation Smacks Of Hypocrisy, Atiku Hits Tinubu / Massive Rally Ongoing In Makurdi Benue For Buhari. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by SavageMaster: 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2020
wisdomiskey:
Lol. This woman go dey regret say she carry her matter put for internet.

Never put mouth in husband and wife matter. Dem go settle las las. This goes out to that jobless nycompoop Dr Olufunmilayo "Our Fav Online Doc" who has released at least 30 tweets on this matter grin

Never undergo chemo for someone else's cancer!

She's a doctor. So, he was additionally being concerned about a colleague's welfare

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by smallsmall: 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2020
magicminister:
Mr Ortom, if that was your daughter beaten and abused like an animal, would you still be pushing for reconciliation? Look at her face for Christ sake!
As a governor, part of your role is to [b]uphold the law of the federal republic Of Nigeria
but your actions on this day led to the subversion of Justice to the victim of domestic assault. It’s not the first or second time she’s been brutalized but it’s the first time she’s coming out publicly. Rather than help her and protect her and her tender children, we pushed them back to the abuser.

It is heartbreaking that the earliest memories of those children would be seeing their mother beaten like an animal! Tell me how those children would become functional and stable adults?

Shame on everyone that’s a party to this travesty!![/b]

Mr Ortom’s daughter will most likely end up in countries where such abuse will earn you sever punishment. She’ll likely end up in a society where she’ll flourish and be protected by the law. Rather than building same for our women, this man is publicly Reconciling a serial abuser and his victims (victims because of the abuse also impacts the children)

You people are just Hypocrites who jump on the bandwagon, to condemn. Which law of Fed. Rep of Nigeria is he suppose to uphold, that is more than bringing peace into a family/home?
If he is a serila abuser as you call him, what have YOU done in the past to assist the Woman? have you assisted her to seek refuge somewhere? have you tried to look into what is behind their incessant fights?
You, "damaged" men haters are not too difficult to identify.
Granted, Violence in a marriage is very undesirable, both couple should try and avoid it at all cost.

But Couples Fight, it is a reality and has been so from Adam, it happens all over the world and not peculiar to Nigeria.
Also, it is not a Male thing, there is this woman, Mariam Sanda or whatever is her name, who not only beat her Husband, but KILLED HIM and she was sentenced to DEATH, appealed and was refused Appeal and she is heading to the Supreme Court now.
Likewise, many Wives had poured hot water on their husband, some have severed his Male organ, some have stabbed their husband to death in his sleep, etc. One recently set fire on and burned the Girl friend of a man she is yet to marry, to death!
Women are equally as violent as men, if not even more.... just that God knew how violent they would be so he probably made them less physically stronger!

That being at it is, what do you Hypocrites expect the Elders to do?
Are they supposed to Ignore the fighting Couple or try to make Peace between them?

How is it a Crime, that an Elderly person tried and successfully brought Peace between warring Husband and Wife?
Are you Hypocrites more interested in the Marriage being completely destroyed or the marriage subsisting, with both Couples now more mentally mature and able to control their anger? All you people want is punishment for the Husband, not minding whether after that punishment, the couple will ever come back together again, not minding the effect on their Children?
No wonder there is so much single Mothers and Absent fathers everywhere.

Anyone who thinks it is only Husbands that beat their wife and the reverse does not happen, is just being untruthful and probably have their own agenda.
Abusing Governor Orthom shows that a lot of people on this thread are either immature, unmarried or both.

The Teeth and the Tongue do quarrel and bite each other, Twins from the same Womb quarrel and fight, Siblings from the same Mother fight, how much more a Husband and Wife who are not even related and dont know each other from Adam, now living in close quarters under the same Roof, there will always be Quarrels but each party must act maturely, exercise a high level of self-control and avoid the resort to physical fight.

The Woman should learn to control her Mouth, as it stirs up Anger is most men who are physically stronger. If your Husband is angry, just find away to excuse him and give him time for his Anger to boil-off, then calmly return back to the issue or even invite and elderly person he respects, to speak with him. That way, you have driven the Devil away. If he is the completely mad, Indian hemp smoking type, once the thing enter the wrong lung, please dont say 'pim' to him, until his senses come back to normal
Smart Women who enjoy and last in Marriage dont engage their Husband in a verbal war, they know how to control him, with sweet talks, the way one controls a Child.

Men should also know that no matter how mouthy your Wife is, it all ends there, she is a weaker sex and what she lacks in physical Strength, is what she is trying to make up for with a caustic Mouth so Men should learn to ignore such abusive women.
Instead of resorting to pummelling her, just put on your Shirt and go for a stroll but if your Wife is one of those "today-na-today' women who will lock themselves and their Husband inside the house and wont even allow him the opportunity to go out and get fresh air to dissipate his anger, take your Phone and call her Parents or Pastor or any Elderly person she respects to talk to her.
If she seizes your phone, try and free yourself and escape into a Room and lock yourself inside there, while you call for help grin
Some Wives are ready to commit suicide and they want it at the hands of their husband or how does one explain a stronger person you are fighting (Husband), who is trying to escape and not fight you yet you will hold his dress and lock it around hos neck, preventing him from moving?
As a man, controlling your Temper is the first rule, if you must marry because you will be tempted more than Jesus, by someone who you can break into pieces within five minutes yet, she will be the one challenging you to a fight or even be the first to slap you! shocked sad

But after the Fight, it is the Man everyone will be blaming, even in such circumstances, never minding that he did everything humanly possible, to avoid the fight.
Finally, know the kind person you want to marry, if you are the hot-tempered type, it is better you marry someone who will complement you, someone who is cool headed.
Two stubborn GOATS should not get married, l cannot be settling fight every minute until one person maims or kill the other.
Though l dont support divorce but instead of killing your spouse, it is better you both separate and divorce amicably, if you can no longer find common ground.

Let us remember that every spouse was an Angel, when we met them (if not, we wont marry them in the first place!), we also bear responsibility for what converted from that Angel we married, to the Devil we are saddled with TODAY.

PS: You can call me whatever names that gives you comfort, it does not change the fact that you are of 'mean spirit'. undecided
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
goodheart02:

Shut up! If u know u have nothing to say. Who told u she has a bad mouth??. And mind u, I know her way back when we were in medical school together. She's a rare gem

There is a lot wrong with this statement.

You knew her way back

That was in the past. She might have changed.

Some wife beaters were rare gems at a period in their lives.

Even some prostitutes were once very good girls.

Moreover, some stress of marriage/married life can change an angel of a man into a demon, as well as change a perfectly gentle woman into a quarrelsome woman.

In summary, you can't vouch for that woman. She may the opposite of who you once knew.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by SavageMaster: 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
Claudiusdeux:
And to all those saying the wife should have hidden it. A lot of women did the right thing and hid it.

And then they got sent to their ancestors in silence.

Also, looking on Nairaland, it seems a lot of Nairaland males are in favour of beating their woman, once she 'disrespects' them. The truth is, if you lose your temper on your wife or babe , you have lost the battle against yourself. And remember, if you cannot respect the boss or leader who shouts at you every day, your wife won't be able to respect you if you do same.

Plus if you beat up your wife and it turns bad.....no one will ask whether she provoked you or whether she was sleeping around...all they see is someone was viciously beaten up by a fellow human being.(And beating up someone can land someone in hospital...even in one case I saw common beating turned to serious surgical case.)

Also all those men calling women 'Ashawo'....remember if all women are ashawo, why marry them? Why ? And that reminds me, before you leap, look. Before you pick that woman, look. I know of one relationship that ended before it began because the man looked well well...and no the issue was not from the girl, but from people close to her.If you cannot see before you leap, then lie down in your bed.

Also, I find it strange that men who treat their women with respect are called simps. I know one elderly couple, married for over 50 years. Husband once said proudly that he has never raised a hand on his wife, and yes, it is the truth. And his wife does not respect him less.

Pius could not control himself. That is what landed him in this problem. It was not what Ifeyinwa did, it was not how her past was, it was one man's failure to control himself.Ifg Pius had not been womanizing and hand controlled his anger, do you think this story would have been on the media.

Also, before the wife could have posted it on the interent, it must have been going on for long.

It is better not to go into a relationship if you cannot control yourself.We are in a changing world. Some of you who are supporting the beating of Ife will be emigrating to Canada or US tomorrow. Note..they don't tolerate that thing there.

n.b: Note that I am hard on we men because the truth is in this country we have a lot of messages and talks on how to be a good wife. Nothing much on how to be a good husband. We tell women to keep quiet and tolerate , tolerate. No wonder many women are now becoming femminsitras. They are tired of tolerating.

God bless you, my brother.

He who has ears should hear this.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
goodheart02:

It's a lie !! You support beating women and hence this statement "Do you think a journalist will just beat a medical doctor (carrying the fifth child) to a pulp for flimsy reason?"
Mind u being a medical doctor here is inconsequential because she's a woman like every other. Her worth shouldn't be seen in her status but her virtue. Or are you saying if she weren't a doctor the man is permitted to even kill her??

And pls what is that reason u think is justifiable to almost kill a man's daughter with bare hands because she's your wife? I await your wonderful response with salient reasons.
At the first bolded, that rhetorical question is revealing my realistic nature. But people like you only talk about what is ideal, not what is real. Mind you we are living in a real world. If you give this journalist a microphone to deliver a lecture on condemning violence against women, to your surprise, he may talk for hours. That's only theory. That's ideal.
I don't surpport any abuse in any form. As a Mathematics teacher, I don't beat my students. I've never shouted on my woman before. But you must know that some women can bring out Devil out of a Saint.
At the second bolded, I have no reply because I am shocked at how you know what I am thinking. May be you can teach me that. I am ready to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by goodheart02(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
DamZik:
At the first bolded, that rhetorical question is revealing my realistic nature. But people like you only talk about what is ideal, not what is real. Mind you we are living in a real world. If you give this journalist a microphone to deliver a lecture on condemning violence against women, to your surprise, he may talk for hours. That's only theory. That's ideal.
I don't surpport any abuse in any form. As a Mathematics teacher, I don't beat my students. I've never shouted on my woman before. But you must know that some women can bring out Devil out of a Saint.
At the second bolded, I have no reply because I am shocked at how you know what I am thinking. May be you can teach me that. I am ready to learn.

I don't know what you're thinking, but u sound like u sure have a wonderful reason to beat a woman and I was eager to learn too. Now my guy, listen, yes there's a difference between ideology and reality, but let the truth be your light in darkness. Once u can fathom this, you can easily escape such scenarios.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Tomilola360: 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2020
So this is what a governor is supposed to be attending to.

And it still found its way to the Internet.

Shameless lots
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Soulsymbol99: 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
No genuine reconciliation there if the root of the matter is nt addressed

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by article1: 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Ortom tried but this is not what he was elected to do. there are more pressing issues at hand and he should be up and doing
Keep your dirty mouth shut! No matter what one does children of hate and ingratitude will always complain.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Never put mouth in husband and wife matter. Dem go settle las las. This goes out to that jobless nycompoop Dr Olufunmilayo "Our Fav Online Doc" who has released at least 30 tweets on this matter grin

Regret or more ego to her shoulder? If those who reconciled them don't reprimand two of them severely, am seeing the marriage collapse in nearest future, if they didn't reprimand wife but only husband, she will turn husband to woman rapper, since the whole world is on her side now.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2020
He will still beat her again annd again.
When he remembers that she reported Jim to her employer, he will nlbeat her brains out for good. So they will be investigating him while they still stay in the same house.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by smallsmall: 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2020
duality:

Shut up!

How well do you know her? Don't deceive yourself on a faceless forum.

She has failed all of you who want her to have a broken home.

You know what? The couple are going back home to work things out.

Both of them have wronged each other and it's now time to forgive themselves.

There's a law of cause and effect and that's an important aspect to this issue, unless people want to be foolish.

As much as you want to shame the man only because of whatever you think.
It's a lie. The scar is for both of them.

People will refer to this issue to spite her, if she doesn't develop a positive attitude to life.

Both of them will have to work out the marriage.

You are full of wisdom.
These people crying more than the bereaved just want o see another broken family, so they can increase their own number!
They are not interested in the marriage progressing
or how it affects the four children plus current pregnancy, as long as the man is punished (even if he is not at fault, at least we cant see his own bruises, maybe they are mental and psychological, it does not matter) and the woman becomes a Single Mother, they are happy, they have achieved THEIR AIM.

Wicked people masquerading as her friend. Same people will turn around to accuse her of destroying her marriage, of being a lose woman, etc. Even the men among them are already thinking of how they can sneak-in at night to chop what is left behind.

Any woman that get fooled by all these kind of 'Evil Support", usually have themselves to blame in the years after.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
goodheart02:

I don't know what you're thinking, but u sound like u sure have a wonderful reason to beat a woman and I was eager to learn too. Now my guy, listen, [b]yes there's a difference between ideology and reality, [/b]but let the truth be your light in darkness. Once u can fathom this, you can easily escape such scenarios.
At the first bolded, I didn't sound like I sure have a wonderful reason to beat a woman. Have you ever seen a Mathematics teacher that doesn't beat before? Yet his students are excellent. It's not easy because it requires a lot of painful patience. What I was saying was that, we should also look into the cause instead of treating only the effect. That's how I think we can minimize future possible recurrence.
At the second bolded, thanks for your understanding. I am a realist. I believe other men are not like me. To solve their problem, I put many things into consideration. That's what can reduce marital violence.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
koyyes:
Those two clueless people smiling in that pic think domestic violence is a joke. If that woman were their daughter, it will be a whole different facial expression.

Just look at the battered woman's face.

No wonder they do all they can to make their pre wedding photos and wedding events perfect. That's the happy part of the marriage. The later part is African's version of 'for better for worse'.

Clowns.
I reject that African version of ' for better for worst' for me and anyone I know and care about. That's not the kind of worst I would advice even my enemy to endure.

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Babinski: 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Please can you explain why the woman will regret? Are you advising she should have kept quiet and die in silence?
I think it is better we do not try to support domestic abuse in any way or further victimize the already battered victims by discouraging them from speaking out. Imagine yourself having a daughter or sister in such position. What will be your reaction?

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

Very true, but sadly this is Nigeria

She divorces him, she would be labelled a loose woman and a failure in her marriage.

She allows prosecution...she would be known as a bad woman who disrespects her husband and her extended family

It's a hard road.
If she dies, we all type rest in peace and move on. Tell me which is worst. Rest in peace or bad woman?
All those people you think care will leave her kiss to suffer and her husband will.marru another woman.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Liposure: 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I reject that African version of ' for better for worst' for me and anyone I know and care about. That's not the kind of worst I would advice even my enemy to endure.
lol. You are not a good wife
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2020
Liposure:
lol. You are not a good wife
I'm not even a wife talk more of being a good wife.
Lol
But in the future I would rather not be a wife than wife a boxer.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by smallsmall: 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2020
goodheart02:

You already sounding like a broken record. Asking me how well I know my colleague and school mate is a stupid question to start with. Whether she makes up or not isn't my business. My business is enough of the battery and assault on women. Of course non of us her friends want a broken home for her, what we want is her safety. That scar on her face wasn't just a slap, that was beyond an assault. It was a total pummelling. Did u also watch the video?? She said he sat on her incision just few weeks after a Caesarian Section and even tried to strangle her. He had even done the same thing when she was pregnant with that same baby. Now tell me, what sort of a man does such?? And if u say it's okay, then maybe your daughter or sister would encounter such for u to understand the position she found herself that made her to make that video.

When two people have a fight and each one starts telling their OWN VERSION of the story, l have never seen one person who paints their adversary in glowing colours! undecided grin grin
Only fools believe one side of a story and start repeating it like a parrot, especially in a Husband/Wife fight.

There are three sides to a story, BOTH SIDES and The TRUTH.

All the rubbish you wrote is very far from the truth.
You must hate this Woman from your primary school days, to want her marriage to be broken by all means. shocked angry
You are not even happy that they were reconciled!
God save us from "FREINEMIES"
undecided
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Liposure: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
He will still beat her again annd again.
When he remembers that she reported Jim to her employer, he will nlbeat her brains out for good. So they will be investigating him while they still stay in the same house.
people do change
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by HRMK: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2020
why is it so easy for him to meet the gov?no security detail with him?what of his #cos and other protocols?
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by livinbygrace: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2020
Claudiusdeux:
And to all those saying the wife should have hidden it. A lot of women did the right thing and hid it.

Also, looking on Nairaland, it seems a lot of Nairaland males are in favour of beating their woman, once she 'disrespects' them. The truth is, if you lose your temper on your wife or babe , you have lost the battle against yourself. And remember, if you cannot respect the boss or leader who shouts at you every day, your wife won't be able to respect you if you do same.

Plus if you beat up your wife and it turns bad.....no one will ask whether she provoked you or whether she was sleeping around...all they see is someone was viciously beaten up by a fellow human being.(And beating up someone can land someone in hospital...even in one case I saw common beating turned to serious surgical case.)

Also all those men calling women 'Ashawo'....remember if all women are ashawo, why marry them? Why ? And that reminds me, before you leap, look. Before you pick that woman, look. I know of one relationship that ended before it began because the man looked well well...and no the issue was not from the girl, but from people close to her.If you cannot see before you leap, then lie down in your bed.

Also, I find it strange that men who treat their women with respect are called simps. I know one elderly couple, married for over 50 years. Husband once said proudly that he has never raised a hand on his wife, and yes, it is the truth. And his wife does not respect him less.

Pius could not control himself. That is what landed him in this problem. It was not what Ifeyinwa did, it was not how her past was, it was one man's failure to control himself.Ifg Pius had not been womanizing and hand controlled his anger, do you think this story would have been on the media.

Also, before the wife could have posted it on the interent, it must have been going on for long.

It is better not to go into a relationship if you cannot control yourself.We are in a changing world. Some of you who are supporting the beating of Ife will be emigrating to Canada or US tomorrow. Note..they don't tolerate that thing there.

n.b: Note that I am hard on we men because the truth is in this country we have a lot of messages and talks on how to be a good wife. Nothing much on how to be a good husband. We tell women to keep quiet and tolerate , tolerate. No wonder many women are now becoming femminsitras. They are tired of tolerating.

You no get work,Na on top woman you dey type this epistle?You better go hursle !
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by duality(m): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2020
smallsmall:

You are full of wisdom.
These people crying more than the bereaved just want o see another broken family, so they can increase their own number!
They are not interested in the marriage progressing
or how it affects the four children plus current pregnancy, as long as the man is punished (even if he is not at fault, at least we cant see his own bruises, maybe they are mental and psychological, it does not matter) and the woman becomes a Single Mother, they are happy, they have achieved THEIR AIM.

Wicked people masquerading as her friend. Same people will turn around to accuse her of destroying her marriage, of being a lose woman, etc. Even the men among them are already thinking of how they can sneak-in at night to chop what is left behind.

Any woman that get fooled by all these kind of 'Evil Support", usually have themselves to blame in the years after.

Very wicked set of human beings.

They are so bitter that a fighting couple is reconciled.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by goodheart02(m): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2020
smallsmall:

When two people have a fight and each one starts telling their OWN VERSION of the story, l have never seen one person who paints their adversary in glowing colours! undecided grin grin
Only fools believe one side of a story and start repeating it like a parrot, especially in a Husband/Wife fight.

There are three sides to a story, BOTH SIDES and The TRUTH.

All the rubbish you wrote is very far from the truth.
You must hate this Woman from your primary school days, to want her marriage to be broken by all means. shocked angry
You are not even happy that they were reconciled!
God save us from "FREINEMIES"
undecided

And u think u made sense from all these u wrote?? U started well but began to sound myopic at the end. Next time before u comment read throughly pls and not delving to get noticed.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
DamZik:
At the bolded, you can't hide your verbal abuse like you are pretending to hide your tendency for physical abuse. Character is like smoke. And then, why are you concentrating on the effect why ignoring the cause? Do you a journalist will just beat a medical doctor (carrying the fifth child) to a pulp for flimsy reason?
I personally, I don't surpport beating women, I have never done that before and I will never do it. But I know that some women can be too terrible for a man to handle and all men are not the same. Nature is above virtue.
You are saying she deserved the beating. For a man to bear a pregnant woman to that extent and you are here trying to justify it means you are worse than him. I pity the women that come your worse.
I know you will call me names but I will ignore you. Just the way you should ignore your wife when she's trying to provoke to into beating her.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

May good never cease from your life for these words you said.

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
magicminister:
Mr Ortom, if that was your daughter beaten and abused like an animal, would you still be pushing for reconciliation? Look at her face for Christ sake!
As a governor, part of your role is to uphold the law of the federal republic Of Nigeria but your actions on this day led to the subversion of Justice to the victim of domestic assault. It’s not the first or second time she’s been brutalized but it’s the first time she’s coming out publicly. Rather than help her and protect her and her tender children, we pushed them back to the abuser.

It is heartbreaking that the earliest memories of those children would be seeing their mother beaten like an animal! Tell me how those children would become functional and stable adults?

Shame on everyone that’s a party to this travesty!!

Mr Ortom’s daughter will most likely end up in countries where such abuse will earn you sever punishment. She’ll likely end up in a society where she’ll flourish and be protected by the law. Rather than building same for our women, this man is publicly Reconciling a serial abuser and his victims (victims because of the abuse also impacts the children)
Very shameful that an under-performing governor of an impoverished state will see nothing better to do than "reconcile" a wife beater with his victim.
Sigh.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
Liposure:
people do change
Let's hope he changes for food. Not the APC kind of change.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Aquilapriscilla: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Don't mind that person.
From that statement of his or hers, you would know that the statement came from a very young person.
That person doesn't know that some people transform with changing circumstances.
No MAN ever marries a Lady with the intention of beating her.
These beatings are subject to situational changes.
Although some grew up in families where such is prevalent
Hmm true. God help me

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Tareq1105: 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
wisdomiskey:

What would the woman could have done to deserve this?

This is too much.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by smallsmall: 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
Alaska90:

Then they should have kept it private.

Domestic violence is a criminal offence and a governor should not take the position of a court of law

Very unserious leaders ruling unserious people

But even Judges do ask Couples brought before it, to go and TRY SETTLE the matter within the family first, and only come back if all effort to settle does not yield any fruit. undecided
Does that mean that the family is taking the position of the Court, in such matters?

I am just amazed at how so many people in this generation, are so happy to see a family break up and dont want to entertain any form of reconciliation between warring couples? shocked angry
It seems like this Gender-War is assuming a very dangerous dimension, propelled by Feminazzis, who are using SIMPS as their willing-tool.
See as dem full this thread. grin

BTW: I do agree with you that such matters should not have reached the internet, now everybody is in defensive mode, with all the sympathisers and backers of each of them in their opposite corner.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Stallione(m): 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Regret wetin,abi she go dey happy say a whole governor intervened on the matter,thereby oiling the marriage financially...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uknown Gunmen Strike At Nkpor, Anambra (Video) / Oshiomhole Dances With Rufai Oseni (Video) / The Bride, Temitope Adebutu's Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.