Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation (33411 Views)

Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised / Your Call For Reconciliation Smacks Of Hypocrisy, Atiku Hits Tinubu / Massive Rally Ongoing In Makurdi Benue For Buhari. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Gainman: 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
drinoayo:
Senator Shehu Sani has reacted to the reconciliation of Channels TV reporter Pius Angbo and his wife Ifeyinwa Angbo after she made allegations of domestic violence against him, Igbere TV reports.

Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom got the couple to settle their differences on Monday.

In a tweet on Tuesday, Sani commended Ortom for the reconciliation effort, advising couples not to toe the path of domestic violence.

https://twitter.com/ShehuSani/status/1336215432462741504?s=20

Meanwhile, Channels TV has not concluded its investigation in the allegations made against its employee.

The woman added make-up to her face.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
To be candid i feel for her... seriously i do

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Hallabee1(m): 11:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]the guy need slap cus him no gbadun
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Sixfeetbelle: 11:12pm On Dec 08, 2020
mailemy:
Both will be regretting their actions now.
Don't rush to the internet, first report to family members and sort it out. Peace and love to them and every home passing through turbulence.

And when family fails to act nko? Abi you don't know some families are fond of "covering" all their problems until somebody dies.

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Sixfeetbelle: 11:21pm On Dec 08, 2020
AnonymousRebec:
The woman has forgiven her husband. I don't know what is people's problem. I believe the man will not beat her again after all the exposure this issue has gotten. Please pray for them and stop asking why she went back.

He will still beat her. That one is as sure as 36 states in Nigeria. People that abuse their spouses do it over and over again until they themselves are dealt the same blow.

He will beat her again. The only thing is, will he allow her have the freedom to report it again?

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by cococandy(f): 11:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
Excellent
magicminister:
Mr Ortom, if that was your daughter beaten and abused like an animal, would you still be pushing for reconciliation? Look at her face for Christ sake!
As a governor, part of your role is to uphold the law of the federal republic Of Nigeria but your actions on this day led to the subversion of Justice to the victim of domestic assault. It’s not the first or second time she’s been brutalized but it’s the first time she’s coming out publicly. Rather than help her and protect her and her tender children, we pushed them back to the abuser.

It is heartbreaking that the earliest memories of those children would be seeing their mother beaten like an animal! Tell me how those children would become functional and stable adults?

Shame on everyone that’s a party to this travesty!!

Mr Ortom’s daughter will most likely end up in countries where such abuse will earn you sever punishment. She’ll likely end up in a society where she’ll flourish and be protected by the law. Rather than building same for our women, this man is publicly Reconciling a serial abuser and his victims (victims because of the abuse also impacts the children)

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by cococandy(f): 11:32pm On Dec 08, 2020
goodheart02:

Shut up! If u know u have nothing to say. Who told u she has a bad mouth??. And mind u, I know her way back when we were in medical school together. She's a rare gem

See different Perspectives smiley

Some idiota was ranting on the the initial thread about how she’s a terrible person and he’s known her for 30+ years. Now that they’ve reconciled, he’s quietly crawled back into his troll hole

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I reject that African version of ' for better for worst' for me and anyone I know and care about. That's not the kind of worst I would advice even my enemy to endure.

We reject it together.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by bigcasava1(m): 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
wisdomiskey:
Lol. This woman go dey regret say she carry her matter put for internet.

Never put mouth in husband and wife matter. Dem go settle las las. This goes out to that jobless nycompoop Dr Olufunmilayo "Our Fav Online Doc" who has released at least 30 tweets on this matter grin

Never undergo chemo for someone else's cancer!
what is the regret? You expect her to keep silent over such inhumane treatment. Did you see the mark that bastard left on her face only God knows what would have happened next had it been she didn't cry out. We men should treat every woman like our own mother.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Liposure: 12:00am On Dec 09, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

He will still beat her. That one is as sure as 36 states in Nigeria. People that abuse their spouses do it over and over again until they themselves are dealt the same blow.

He will beat her again. The only thing is, will he allow her have the freedom to report it again?
hmmm. I give him the benefit of doubt
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by goodheart02(m): 12:05am On Dec 09, 2020
cococandy:

See different Perspectives smiley

Some idiota was ranting on the the initial thread about how she’s a terrible person and he’s known her for 30+ years. Now that they’ve reconciled, he’s quietly crawled back into his troll hole

Don't mind the stupid sadist

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 09, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
You are saying she deserved the beating. For a man to bear a pregnant woman to that extent and you are here trying to justify it means you are worse than him. I pity the women that come your worse.
I know you will call me names but I will ignore you. Just the way you should ignore your wife when she's trying to provoke to into beating her.
At the bolded, since you don't want to understand me, you can't understand me. I wish I can help you. Where did I said she or anybody deserved beating? My point is that to reduce future occurrence, we must be realistic about our discussion and also dwell more on the cause of domestic violence rather than effect of it.
Some women can bring out the devil in you no matter how cool, calm and collected you are. I pray you won't meet such women in your life.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Lexusgs430: 4:41am On Dec 09, 2020
enemyofprogress:
They boat washed their dirty leaning in public, shameless couple

Their canoe in this relationship has sailed away and is surely leaning towards another level of assault and battery........... wink
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by mailemy(m): 5:18am On Dec 09, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

And when family fails to act nko? Abi you don't know some families are fond of "covering" all their problems until somebody dies.

You may be right but it's better for it to be sorted out privately than putting it on the internet. Family and court/human rights are there to find a solution.
Mind you not every member of the family will cover injustice and abuse.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:26am On Dec 09, 2020
I admire the wife for speaking out though. If i were in her shoes, i would ghost on him, change my line and move.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by enemyofprogress: 5:29am On Dec 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Their canoe in this relationship has sailed away and is surely leaning towards another level of assault and battery........... wink
what are you saying? Please don’t come and curse confusion here with your bad English
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by jeff1607(m): 5:35am On Dec 09, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Ortom tried but this is not what he was elected to do. there are more pressing issues at hand and he should be up and doing

He just saved a marriage, prevented kids from being tagged ”raised by single parents”

Even kings did this
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by frozen70(f): 5:42am On Dec 09, 2020
wisdomiskey:
Lol. This woman go dey regret say she carry her matter put for internet.

Never put mouth in husband and wife matter. Dem go settle las las. This goes out to that jobless nycompoop Dr Olufunmilayo "Our Fav Online Doc" who has released at least 30 tweets on this matter grin

Never undergo chemo for someone else's cancer!

She has no single regret speaking out or taking it to the social media

I support what she did

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Lexusgs430: 6:00am On Dec 09, 2020
enemyofprogress:
what are you saying? Please don’t come and curse confusion here with your bad English

I have no intention to cause any drama, but it seems this poster is unknowingly insulting himself........... cheesy
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Godbless3(m): 6:06am On Dec 09, 2020
I swear marraige is over-rated in this part of the world.
A woman was brutalize and come out to cry, instead of taking it to court, a governor just become a heroe over it..
How long has she been suffering abuse without us hearing about it?
What makes her come out public if all was well?
How manage for the governor to be the mediator?
How much is awarded to continue the abusive marraige?
If was easy to change and make up, satan would have apologise and plead to God and things return to normal.
Forcing her to hug a man who have been battering her in front of camara is shambolic.
Am I even sure the battered face was not a make up to benefit from the state cake?
Too easy for the make up as their families would have been capable to settle the issues if it was real.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Mvena(f): 6:21am On Dec 09, 2020
Better news no dey commot from Benue state �
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Angelnath(m): 7:17am On Dec 09, 2020
morinto:
My daughter wont marry such man
But na that kind man your daughter dey date.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by NoBones: 8:05am On Dec 09, 2020
This woman sef look like somebody wey go fit dey oppress her husband for house.

The way some people do things just makes one to begin to wonder, madam were you married by the socai media, if you are having domestic issues don't you know the road to your in-laws house? Why rush to the social media with your domestic problems?

Don't you know your husband's relatives?

I just hope you are not the one oppressing your husband, our people say even goat sef them push to the wall too much e dey bite.

Some Doctors are usually rude and mean, they talk down on anyone at the slightest provocation, I just hope you are not that way madam.

Oga reporter am not holding brief for you, please no beat your wife next time.

Make I rest my case
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by safetyboot: 10:02am On Dec 09, 2020
THANK GOD SHE MADE IT PUBLIC, THIS KIND OF MEN CAN EASILY MURDER THEIR SPOUSE AND PRETEND TO BE INNOCENT
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by Mryacks: 10:33am On Dec 09, 2020
mailemy:
Both will be regretting their actions now.
Don't rush to the internet, first report to family members and sort it out. Peace and love to them and every home passing through turbulence.

As much as I agree with you on the not rush to the internet part, I think she resorted to that as a last saving grace. She said the beatings and all had been going on for 7years. So maybe a few family members have tried to intervene but without success hence the public outcry by her.
Re: Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation by mailemy(m): 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2020
Mryacks:

As much as I agree with you on the not rush to the internet part, I think she resorted to that as a last saving grace. She said the beatings and all had been going on for 7years. So maybe a few family members have tried to intervene but without success hence the public outcry by her.

You are right,she must have had enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uknown Gunmen Strike At Nkpor, Anambra (Video) / Senate: Obiano’s Wife, Ebelechukwu Kneels Down As Onitsha Traders Pray For Her / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Dutse, Jigawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.