Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis (31608 Views)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Opexzy: 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
I use to experience this thing back then.. But it been over years I had it last.
All efforts of my pastors to make me believe it's spiritual failed... Didn't go for deliverance, didn't fast nor prayed about it.. I just believe it's normal then...

It was 2 years ago I learnt about this thing and that it was all natural...

Silentgroper:
Well as 4 mine, i knw i'm awake but cant move, my eyes are never opened tho..

I've grown conscious to mine that i usually knw when i'm slipping into it (it feels like when someone drowning or falling into deep pit) nd can come out of it.(i just force myself out, like forcefully turning ur neck sideways or moving ur body part)

I dnt knw abt d spiritual part but mine relates to logical part.

Although d 1st time it happened to me, i did see an image of someone(human like) over me. After then, i've never seen any damn thing.

It doesnt happen as frequent as op's own though. It's like 3 times in a year or so or nt.
Damn! you are commenting on my behalf, that's all I can say because this is my own experience

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:
What your opinion on this

Nothing special in your experience. Millions of people around the world have/had sleep paralysis a number of times. And they're living fine.

Read the experiences of people in developed countries on Quora, Reddit, and the likes.

For the past 16 years, I have had it a number of times as a young person.

Just follow the tips of health care experts online, and you'll be fine.

If you allow religious people/priest to turn a simple, harmless issue into a big deal (a demonic attack) for you and scam you of your hard-earned money, that's just being silly.

It's nothing spiritual.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Joshmanuel10(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
Deicide:
It's nothing but trust religious people to market on it
Nobody in d bible sef get d disease grin
Op is just low on rest or high on drugs

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by SocialJustice: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:
Don't let what you read online deceive you that it is sleeping paralysis.

What is happening to you is demonic. You are under witchcraft attack. Nobody who have such experience that won't suffer one misfortune or the other. Some ignorant dudes will soon land and start claiming intellectuals,and forming technocrats by calling black people ignorant.

But bro, take my word for it,you are under demonic siege,go for deliverance because I was in that situation of yours ,I did deliverance and am totally free from that rubbish. I sleep perfectly well like a baby for many years now
Case closed. That girl left him with spiritual gift and he is blowing grammar.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Bullman(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:

What is happening to you is demonic. You are under witchcraft attack. Nobody who have such experience that won't suffer one misfortune or the other. Some ignorant dudes will soon land and start claiming intellectuals,and forming technocrats by calling black people ignorant.

But bro, take my word for it,you are under demonic siege,go for deliverance because I was in that situation of yours ,I did deliverance and am totally free from that rubbish. I sleep perfectly well like a baby for many years now

Be quiet.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by sojfarm: 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
My people perish for lack of knoelwdge, thus says the scripture.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Joshmanuel10(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Its sleep paralysis not demonic paralysis oooo
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by princeSammyz: 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2020
Put a CCTV camera let's use your case to study the concept. It will be intriguing for us, and demystifying for you.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Blackpearlous(f): 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:

Now you are more fortunate?

Or were the misfortune very noticeable before the prayers and now less noticable?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by okoIYAyin(m): 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:

undecided sad Arindin

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Vyolet(f): 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
Once you start experiencing it, all you need to do is move your toes slowly and then fast, you will regain consciousness immediately.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Joeblazeochola(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
op this one strong oh but I can help u out... if u want a solution lemme know

p.s free of charge
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Oluwaseun2020(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
whatever is not natural need the God of nature to fix it to its perfect state
Fast for 12 days 6-6
you will be delivered
Since affliction are caused by sin
in fasting we are abive sin
Galatians 5:18
when are led by the spirit you are above sin

So fasting takes you above sin and into the blessing of God

Christ died for our sin...so the sinners can access the promise of the spirit through fasting

Galatians 3:14
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

The spirit comes by fasting

jesus fasted for 40 days and came back full of the spirit of God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by tosinosam(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2020
I would not say it's spiritual for a reason. It has happened to most people I know and no be Nigeria alone it's all over the world. So outrightly calling it spiritual is wrong (Abi those Americans too get winch for village Abi) But if it's happening consecutively it's getting out of hand my brother. Go spiritual!
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
...she will say dreadlock69..." is that what ur mama name you??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by nizetee: 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
Out Of Body Experience interrupted. Just relax and be a witness. Don't fight it, its not demonic. Only two steps and you flopped.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by PigTormentor: 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
[[s]quote author=Pierocash post=96958974]Don't let what you read online deceive you that it is sleeping paralysis.

But bro, take my word for it,you are under demonic siege,go for deliverance because I was in that situation of yours ,I did deliverance and am totally free from that rubbish. I sleep perfectly well like a baby for many years now[/quote][/s]

Rubbish nonsense. Sleep paralysis is a common thing that happens to a lot of mostly young people all over the world.
I used to have many episodes of this while I was much younger.
These are the kinds of warped illogical thinking that has allowed all these pastorprenual, Alfa and Babaalawo to take advantage of the gullible in the society.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by fujirice: 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:

Abeg abeg abegi!!!!
He’s not under anything! I’ve been having sleep paralysis off and on over the ages and it has absolutely nothing to do with demons or whatever.
Though I have noticed that when I have a certain interrupted sleep after a very stressful week, sleep paralysis is bound to happen.
I don’t think this condition has anything to do with spiritual forces.
Don’t put fear in the OP abeg

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69, you would do well not to listen to those here who are saying its spiritual or whatever.
Sleep paralysis does happen to many people and its really not an issue. Nearly everyone would have experienced some form of it in their lifetime.
It could be as subtle as feeling of being pressed in your sleep or feeling of being tied down.
Some experience it while falling asleep (hypnagogic) or just before waking (hypnapompic)
What you could do is have a regular sleep pattern, avoid late heavy meals, bedtime smoking or alcohol or caffeine. You can also manage stress and anxiety if you have one or speak to your doctor if you have ptsd.

cc roseey0

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Aguilar(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:
I created this topic in this section to get a wider audience please contribute if you have /had the experience
Early my teenage years, I do have a female neighbor very close we play and do all things together both bad and good you know what I mean,most times she will sleep and her eyes will be open lying at her back ,I do mock her about this and laugh about it .she always say she can't control it that I won't understand that she see everything happening around her but can't move ,I'll be like how is it possible I don't believe you but she will say dreadlock69 you won't understand.though she really stressed herself sleeping late but she is very bright with her books my parents used her to mock me.
However mine started when I was ss2 I could remember vividly well it happened one night I was sleeping all of a sudden something griped me I can't move I can't breath it was like something or someone inside the room was taking my life force out of me ,I'm very much aware of my environment but when it's stopped I be gasping for air and my heart will be racing ,this repeatedly happens every night at times worst and horrifying ,one night it happened again I was terrified and told my parents they told me nothing gonna happen that I should pray over it.
"Omo nah just the beginning I dey see ooo"
Later when I finish my secondary school I still experiencing it but ,this time round I can breath well but still see images .then I got my new phone I surfed the internet then I came across an article talking about this which seems to relate to what I experience then I made more and more research and findings which were scarying and calming.i remember one time I'd told my brother not to touch my phone strictly warning him then I slept off and the sleep paralysis started I woke up but can't do anything can't move ,can't talk just lifeless but I can see and I'm aware of what is going on in my environment and behold my brother was using my phone I was in anger but I can't do anything I just lay there lifeless with anger in me till it fades off thank his stars he went out before I regain consciousness
Another experience was when I watching a horror movie it happened the again when I was having a nap I was so scared I just have to close my eyes not to see images.
Later on I had full control over it and sometimes I transit from that state to lucid dreaming. Then I had a good work with all good amenities not stressful you can take a nap anytime you like , funny enough my partner experience it also I noticed the day he was sleeping but his eyes where open trying hard to move his body ,I just left him till it's fade off
So one day I was having a nap in the bedroom my boss was calling me I could hear him but I can't move anything just laying lifeless I was praying he should not catch me in this state .
Sometimes I'll have to call my partner but he is still in that state but I have to wake up,which he do wake up looking frightened.

I just learned how to lived with it cause I can't do anything bout it and feel for people who experience this but don't know how to manage it
Probably transit from that state to lucid dreaming
Maybe someday I'll have to tell my spouse or someone to close to me to not get frightened if they see me like that maybe a girlfriend, a wife ,my child I can't say for now
What your opinion on this
your own worst o
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by dultmax(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
��... Only few people possess this xteristics. It can be upgraded anyway. It’s just the transition of the soul from one state to the other... the body is a cage that reduces the power of the soul.. when your soul needs to transit, the brain switches away from functioning for the body... you have your soul moving without gravity...

Later on, you will be able to fly over the skies, and possibly see some weird creatures...

It’s nothing to worry about...

That’s just a characteristics

You can read Rumi books or google Shams Tebriz on how you can improve on it

Enjoy��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
Uzomacharles:
This one be transmitted attack...
From your family friend to you to your partner...

My dear something is wrong,the earlier the better

If you sleep in the same room with a sufferer, you may experience it if you are not the praying type. It's quite demonic.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Roseey0(f): 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
I know they will say its a medical condition but pls pray.
Devil is feeding off on those calling it ordinary.

Ever since I started engaging the supernatural I have never had those nonsense.
This is me that can't go a full week without it in the past when I was younger.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Morikaih: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
This is terrible.. was once a victim

Join Shiloh impartation service tomorrow morning and thank God later

https://shiloh2020.org/
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Baiser(m): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
dimexy247:
First of all, your use of English is highly bad.

Mr. Professor in english, yours is terrible.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
Do not be deceived, it's an abnormal situation and you need to act fast.
Believe it or not you need deliverance.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
revvitandrenon:
Could be natural
Could be spiritual

Depending on which side of it you decide to believe, if you believe it's spiritual then it becomes spiritual and if you believe it's natural so it be.

why are you confusing us na?
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Arizonaz: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
I expressed all this but I'm free. Sometimes sleeping position can be the cause, opening your windows at night with direct breeze to your body, Can be another factor. Don't watch horror movie before going to bed too.

The one that really happened to me that I was even contemplating between demonic attack and sleep paralysis. I saw a human using his two kneels to hold down my spine. It wasn't funny but the only thing I usually say is "I can't go this way" because at that point is like struggling between life and death.

But when u don't imagine it happening to you at night the lesser the chances of u been attack.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by NORSIYK(m): 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
You probably watched the zee world fear file Last night
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by FreeLine: 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
I assume that your dreadlock might be the hotspot connection to spiritual entities.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by dimexy247(m): 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
Ok. Thank you. I stand to be corrected.

Baiser:

Mr. Professor in english, yours is terrible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why You Must Suck Or Drink Your Wife Breast Milk / Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies / 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.