Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:41 AM

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis (32154 Views)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Caseywilliams(m): 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:
I created this topic in this section to get a wider audience please contribute if you have /had the experience
Early my teenage years, I do have a female neighbor very close we play and do all things together both bad and good you know what I mean,most times she will sleep and her eyes will be open lying at her back ,I do mock her about this and laugh about it .she always say she can't control it that I won't understand that she see everything happening around her but can't move ,I'll be like how is it possible I don't believe you but she will say dreadlock69 you won't understand.though she really stressed herself sleeping late but she is very bright with her books my parents used her to mock me.
However mine started when I was ss2 I could remember vividly well it happened one night I was sleeping all of a sudden something griped me I can't move I can't breath it was like something or someone inside the room was taking my life force out of me ,I'm very much aware of my environment but when it's stopped I be gasping for air and my heart will be racing ,this repeatedly happens every night at times worst and horrifying ,one night it happened again I was terrified and told my parents they told me nothing gonna happen that I should pray over it.
"Omo nah just the beginning I dey see ooo"
Later when I finish my secondary school I still experiencing it but ,this time round I can breath well but still see images .then I got my new phone I surfed the internet then I came across an article talking about this which seems to relate to what I experience then I made more and more research and findings which were scarying and calming.i remember one time I'd told my brother not to touch my phone strictly warning him then I slept off and the sleep paralysis started I woke up but can't do anything can't move ,can't talk just lifeless but I can see and I'm aware of what is going on in my environment and behold my brother was using my phone I was in anger but I can't do anything I just lay there lifeless with anger in me till it fades off thank his stars he went out before I regain consciousness
Another experience was when I watching a horror movie it happened the again when I was having a nap I was so scared I just have to close my eyes not to see images.
Later on I had full control over it and sometimes I transit from that state to lucid dreaming. Then I had a good work with all good amenities not stressful you can take a nap anytime you like , funny enough my partner experience it also I noticed the day he was sleeping but his eyes where open trying hard to move his body ,I just left him till it's fade off
So one day I was having a nap in the bedroom my boss was calling me I could hear him but I can't move anything just laying lifeless I was praying he should not catch me in this state .
Sometimes I'll have to call my partner but he is still in that state but I have to wake up,which he do wake up looking frightened.

I just learned how to lived with it cause I can't do anything bout it and feel for people who experience this but don't know how to manage it
Probably transit from that state to lucid dreaming
Maybe someday I'll have to tell my spouse or someone to close to me to not get frightened if they see me like that maybe a girlfriend, a wife ,my child I can't say for now
What your opinion on this
if I should tell u my experience with sleep paralysis u go fear nah....my own reached a stage wen its not only wen I'm asleep that I do experience such....would be pressing my phone and boom that Evil beings tends to come around and my problem be say I do see them physical....most times they wil be dragging me up and down. but Las Las thank God for his interventions.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Arizonaz: 7:54pm On Dec 11, 2020
phr0nesis:

My regular sleeping position is face-up, so whenever it happens, I will face down but sleep wouldn't come. I had to find a way out and it worked.

I learnt how to sleep sideways after making research on best sleeping position. Is not really good sleeping upwards except you want to embark on Astra traveling. Ur sleeping position is one of the factors. Try something new with time you get adapted to it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Guestlander: 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
Caseywilliams:

if I should tell u my experience with sleep paralysis u go fear nah....my own reached a stage wen its not only wen I'm asleep that I do experience such....would be pressing my phone and boom that Evil beings tends to come around and my problem be say I do see them physical....most times they wil be dragging me up and down. but Las Las thank God for his interventions.

There are no evil spirits stalking you. How you sleep and where you sleep may even bring it about. But if you want to go for deliverance it is your choice. But don't blame your pastor or your witch doctor if the condition persists.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Mobola33(m): 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
I really must confess to you now..Please pray..These signs are setback signs.. I used to be a victim and I never really bothered about it..until I was finally down! I would even dream I was rolling down from a high Hill or building and eventually when is wake up I would be very stressed and would be gasping for air!! So when I lost my job, Almost everything ( Thanks to Almighty now) these attacks stops! I prayed alot and I conquered!! Pray Please, Seek spiritual help! My Advice, Don't take it for granted!
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Guestlander: 7:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mobola33:
I really must confess to you now..Please pray..These signs are setback signs.. I used to be a victim and I never really bothered about it..until I was finally down! I would even dream I was rolling down from a high Hill or building and eventually when is wake up I would be very stressed and would be gasping for air!! So when I lost my job, Almost everything ( Thanks to Almighty now) these attacks stops! I prayed alot and I conquered!! Pray Please, Seek spiritual help! My Advice, Don't take it for granted!

It is surely scary but not demonic.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Mobola33(m): 8:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
Guestlander..The experience wasn't a good one!! I pray to God Almighty you will not and never Experience this! No love mehn! In most cases they are warning signs and one should really pray!!
Guestlander:

It is surely scary but not demonic.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Fatherly: 8:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
You have a treasure inside of you that wants to come out... believe me you can turn the treasure to be a powerful human being or very wealthy or intelligent.anything you want .

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by yinkacruxzy: 8:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:
I created this topic in this section to get a wider audience please contribute if you have /had the experience
Early my teenage years, I do have a female neighbor very close we play and do all things together both bad and good you know what I mean,most times she will sleep and her eyes will be open lying at her back ,I do mock her about this and laugh about it .she always say she can't control it that I won't understand that she see everything happening around her but can't move ,I'll be like how is it possible I don't believe you but she will say dreadlock69 you won't understand.though she really stressed herself sleeping late but she is very bright with her books my parents used her to mock me.
However mine started when I was ss2 I could remember vividly well it happened one night I was sleeping all of a sudden something griped me I can't move I can't breath it was like something or someone inside the room was taking my life force out of me ,I'm very much aware of my environment but when it's stopped I be gasping for air and my heart will be racing ,this repeatedly happens every night at times worst and horrifying ,one night it happened again I was terrified and told my parents they told me nothing gonna happen that I should pray over it.
"Omo nah just the beginning I dey see ooo"
Later when I finish my secondary school I still experiencing it but ,this time round I can breath well but still see images .then I got my new phone I surfed the internet then I came across an article talking about this which seems to relate to what I experience then I made more and more research and findings which were scarying and calming.i remember one time I'd told my brother not to touch my phone strictly warning him then I slept off and the sleep paralysis started I woke up but can't do anything can't move ,can't talk just lifeless but I can see and I'm aware of what is going on in my environment and behold my brother was using my phone I was in anger but I can't do anything I just lay there lifeless with anger in me till it fades off thank his stars he went out before I regain consciousness
Another experience was when I watching a horror movie it happened the again when I was having a nap I was so scared I just have to close my eyes not to see images.
Later on I had full control over it and sometimes I transit from that state to lucid dreaming. Then I had a good work with all good amenities not stressful you can take a nap anytime you like , funny enough my partner experience it also I noticed the day he was sleeping but his eyes where open trying hard to move his body ,I just left him till it's fade off
So one day I was having a nap in the bedroom my boss was calling me I could hear him but I can't move anything just laying lifeless I was praying he should not catch me in this state .
Sometimes I'll have to call my partner but he is still in that state but I have to wake up,which he do wake up looking frightened.

I just learned how to lived with it cause I can't do anything bout it and feel for people who experience this but don't know how to manage it
Probably transit from that state to lucid dreaming
Maybe someday I'll have to tell my spouse or someone to close to me to not get frightened if they see me like that maybe a girlfriend, a wife ,my child I can't say for now
What your opinion on this
Don't worry it is normal....mine started when I was 7years old and i could remember me always praying that I should not die one day because I believe it is a spiritual attack..it usually happens to me almost everyday atimes I used to force myself out of it...I became worried 2013 then i search through Google,to my surprise I found out that there are millions of people like me that this same thing happened to.... ...I rarely have sleep paralysis again...The thing will later stop
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Roseey0(f): 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
quaintbloke:
Dreadlock69, you would do well not to listen to those here who are saying its spiritual or whatever.
Sleep paralysis does happen to many people and its really not an issue. Nearly everyone would have experienced some form of it in their lifetime.
It could be as subtle as feeling of being pressed in your sleep or feeling of being tied down.
Some experience it while falling asleep (hypnagogic) or just before waking (hypnapompic)
What you could do is have a regular sleep pattern, avoid late heavy meals, bedtime smoking or alcohol or caffeine. You can also manage stress and anxiety if you have one or speak to your doctor if you have ptsd.

cc roseey0

I am more stressed now than ever. I have never and will never have that experience ever again. I know what am saying.

See eh
If I share my "sleep paralysis" experience , Nairaland will not contain it. Or is it the broad day trance that you feel like you are falling into a deep dark hole and then you suddenly jerk up consciously.
I have had those in the past. But never again.
I know where I stand now.

Op should better pray o
That's my own.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by fayomim: 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
Village people don get diz wan

Eyah, sori o

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Tenshades(m): 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
Arizonaz:

I learnt how to sleep sideways after making research on best sleeping position. Is not really good sleeping upwards except you want to embark on Astra traveling. Ur sleeping position is one of the factors. Try something new with time you get adapted to it.

Are you good at Astral Traveling?
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by DontTradeUrSoul: 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
Confirmed Initiation! You were having sex with that the demon possessed and think the mixing of your both blood would not grant the demon legal Access into your Life? Demons love to have many humans enslaved under them, same demon has brought your roommate under his influence through you. One thing we should all Take Note here is the fact that everyone that testify as "Sleep Paralysis" Victim always say they still vividly remember the first time it happened. All over the Internet, they say they see or fearfully feel humanoid or dark Force grabbing or Pressing them downward. It's a decending into demonic dimension or lower spiritual plane where by the demon used your Soul's Energy till it has finished whatever he wants to do and release you. Someone passing through this can never fully fulfill the Original Glorious Purpose for which he or she was created. Locate the closest MFM Church their 3 Days Deliverance program during which you yourself have to verbaly fervently Pray by decreeing that the Blood of JESUS Son of YAHWEH should forgive you and permanently destroy the Authority you gave the demon and restore your Life's Legal ground that you lost to the demon through the Sex with the girl that was his property. Chase the demon out of your Life and ask HOLY SPIRIT to permanently take Control your Life and thoughts so that he shall never have space to return into

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by yinkacruxzy: 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:
Don't let what you read online deceive you that it is sleeping paralysis.

What is happening to you is demonic. You are under witchcraft attack. Nobody who have such experience that won't suffer one misfortune or the other. Some ignorant dudes will soon land and start claiming intellectuals,and forming technocrats by calling black people ignorant.

But bro, take my word for it,you are under demonic siege,go for deliverance because I was in that situation of yours ,I did deliverance and am totally free from that rubbish. I sleep perfectly well like a baby for many years now
i swear there is nothing demonic about it.. I once taught like that since mine started when I was very young and it worsen as I grew up....During my experience I used to pray and I will wake up but few seconds later I will fall back to sleep and struggle with myself for several hours before I will finally wake...But as i began to grow up I became more conscious and relax when I have sleep paralysis,I will not struggle not worry at all and I will come out of it within few minutes.. Finally I can control myself and I rarely have sleep paralysis again since 2015.....it started since 2001...Have read alot about it online
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by yinkacruxzy: 8:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
Roseey0:

I am more stressed now than ever. I have never and will never have that experience ever again. I know what am saying.

See eh
If I share my "sleep paralysis" experience , Nairaland will not contain it. Or is it the broad day trance that you feel like you are falling into a deep dark hole and then you suddenly jerk up consciously.
I have had those in the past. But never again.
I know where I stand now.

Op should better pray o
That's my own.
Guy that don't know how it feels like...sometimes you will even be hallucinating and it will seems as if someone is in the room or someone is sitting on your chest..... knowledge is wealth....Before I discovered that it was sleeping disorder called sleep paralysis, I notice that if I sleep with supine position (sleep on my back) I will always have sleep paralysis...not until 2013 that I came to limelight
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Coinbased: 8:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
Oh
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by yinkacruxzy: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
Fash20:

Demons bawo. Why is must everything be attributed to the unseen. Na wa oo
we are talking about sleeping disorder you are talking about demon..You don't know what we are talking about here..I once taught like you not until I make thorough research... Don't spiritualize everything
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
Tenshades:

Are you good at Astral Traveling?

Astral projection is pure witchcraft.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
Nothing demonic about it!

I realized it happens to me when I sleep on my back. Once I am able to snap out of it, I just turn on my side and problem solved.

There is no demon sitting on your chest and pressing you...

I sleep on my back all the time yet no sleep paralysis or what do you call it. Its demonic oppression.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by yinkacruxzy: 8:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nuttella:
I sleep on my back all the time yet no sleep paralysis or what do you call it. Its demonic oppression.
it is a sleeping disorder.....
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Tenshades(m): 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nuttella:
Astral projection is pure witchcraft.

You're absolutely wrong on this.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by oliviacute(f): 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
omo I have had this similar experience before o, the experience is usually really scary. mine doesn't happen at night,it happens during the day....it usually Happens when I lie on my back, and the funniest thing is I feel my eyes are usually opened, I won't be able to move my body but I see everything going on..it looks damn real, the only way of me checking if am truly awake or having paralysis is me raising my hand and looking at it...if I can't see my hands with my eyes, I know am having a paralysis, then that is where the fear comes in....but I have learnt to snap out of it though
the recent one that Happened... I was sleeping on the chair and I entered into a paralysis and then I was trying to wake up then I heard a voice that was out of this world, a child's voice to be precise....omo nai I try to wake up oooo...I quickly snapped out of it....I looked around,no child around...
I had to go to the varenda to lie down...so that I won't be scared
I broswed on Google and understood why it happens
but the experience is scary though
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by udoka1987: 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
Professorcplus:
Mine has reduced but let me share a recent experience with you. One evening before I went to bed, I decided to wash my dirty white singlet and hung it above the shower rail in the bathroom. I usually switch off the light before sleeping but this time I couldn't detect if the light switch was turned on or off because NEPA refused to do the needful. Out of fatigue, I left the bathroom door open and went to bed which is opposite to the door but extreme end of the room.

I don't know how long I have slept, but suddenly felt a cold breeze with eolian sound. I opened my eyes but couldn't move all I could see was a very bright blue cloud with an angel carrying a sliver trumpet. I forced myself to fly up but I couldn't. Can this truly be RAPTURE . I was still in fear of making heaven when I finally gained conscious.

Haa. NEPA is at work again. OX standing fan rotating at its highest speed; the white light in the bathroom illuminating the terracotta bathroom blue tiles on the wall and the singlet looks like an angel with the shower hose head looking like trumpet. Nigeria is hell itself especially in this Buhari era. I can't wait to Japa to heaven like US or Canada.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11113492_photogrid1582731182274_jpeg11bb7b98e89987360e2315290624793c
Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha...my belle o.....Guy you funny die

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Caseywilliams(m): 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
Guestlander:

There are no evil spirits stalking you. How you sleep and where you sleep may even bring it about. But if you want to go for deliverance it is your choice. But don't blame your pastor or your witch doctor if the condition persists.
deliverance as per say nah ogbanje wey I be nah abi
anyway shaaa u no fit tell me anytin wey go enter my head apart from say sleep paralysis no dey ordinary......thank you.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Xtopherprince(m): 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nuttella:

Yah'll should be calming down. Sleep paralysis is not spiritual. Suffered that shit for months till I found out what it was. And to those saying they're awake, you're not. Your eyes are not open, its just your brain recreating your immediate environment.

I overcame sleep paralysis by been relaxed whenever the episode starts. I just calm my nerves and assure myself its not real, and after a while it'd pass. Secondly, the chief cause of sleep paralysis is stress, for those currently experiencing it, you'd observe it happens mostly when you're so tired and fall asleep. So try to get some rest whenever you can, and also try to sleep early. I bet you in no time you'd stop experiencing it too.

PS. I never went to church or anything. Can't even remember the last time I stepped foot in the house of God and I sleep very fine now. Haven't experienced it in over two years.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Shedrack12: 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:

What is happening to you is demonic. You are under witchcraft attack. Nobody who have such experience that won't suffer one misfortune or the other. Some ignorant dudes will soon land and start claiming intellectuals,and forming technocrats by calling black people ignorant.

But bro, take my word for it,you are under demonic siege,go for deliverance because I was in that situation of yours ,I did deliverance and am totally free from that rubbish. I sleep perfectly well like a baby for many years now

I even watched it on zee world yesterday.

Fear files. Its demonic it's not ordinary.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by adedehinbo(m): 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:

it once happened to me too,I didn't go for any Deliverance,I just forced myself up,and till now I never experience it again,just telling you this forget that trash of doing Deliverance
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:

.Very factual...Thanks bros..

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
Caseywilliams:

deliverance as per say nah ogbanje wey I be nah abi
anyway shaaa u no fit tell me anytin wey go enter my head apart from say sleep paralysis no dey ordinary......thank you.
So you think its only ogbanje that needs deliverance. You dont know that a Christain can also need deliverance because there are different kinds of deliverance.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2020
Xtopherprince:

Yah'll should be calming down. Sleep paralysis is not spiritual. Suffered that shit for months till I found out what it was. And to those saying they're awake, you're not. Your eyes are not open, its just your brain recreating your immediate environment.

I overcame sleep paralysis by been relaxed whenever the episode starts. I just calm my nerves and assure myself its not real, and after a while it'd pass. Secondly, the chief cause of sleep paralysis is stress, for those currently experiencing it, you'd observe it happens mostly when you're so tired and fall asleep. So try to get some rest whenever you can, and also try to sleep early. I bet you in no time you'd stop experiencing it too.

PS. I never went to church or anything. Can't even remember the last time I stepped foot in the house of God and I sleep very fine now. Haven't experienced it in over two years.
Its spiritual, take it or leave. By the time OP is tired of what is happening to him, no be person go tell am, he will go spiritual about it and seek the face of God. His own is now the severe type. Its only God that can save him now.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
Let be sincere to ourselves,some people may believe,while some may not believe, but it is real...It always happen to me several times,and I notice it's a sign of attack from enemy.The only graces I always find is that my spirit fight back or the spirit praying in which I will do the same in the sleeping during mind...Just be prayerful and be watchful...Some peoples have lost their life because of this kind of situation...
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by makemegreat: 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
It is a serious spiritual issue.call for prayer.07018108501
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by efficiencie(m): 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
PhDinView:
Dear OP,

There is nothing spiritual about your problem. To reduce the rate at which you experience sleep paralysis, try and set multiple alarm clocks to wake you from your sleep at intervals. Also, try and force yourself out of your temporarily paralysed state each time you experience it. It might be difficult at first, but with time you might be able to just snap out of it at will. its all about your mental strength.

PS: The suggestions I've given do not have any scientific backing. They are just my opinion and it possibly might not work.

I sincerely hope that you find solution to your problem quickly.

There is nothing special about FTC.

Everything you have said is just your opinion, including the bolded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inside Jubilee Syringe Manufacturing Factory In Onna, Akwa Ibom (Photos) / 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) / Young Man Who Survived Fatal Motor Accident Gets Killed By Malaria. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.