Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis (31690 Views)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by makemegreat: 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
Oh ,this is the correct no...07018108501...you will be told what is behind it
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Misworld: 9:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
This shit aren't ordinary bro.

I could remember the last time it happened to me. I was taking a nap around 2pm all of a sudden, a figure like human descended on me and I became motionless. I couldn't move any of my body.
My breath became heavy. I struggled to get up but couldn't.
Immediately my younger brother came inside the room, the figure left me and I regained consciousness.
Bro, that bitch is demonic.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by makemegreat: 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2020
call for spiritual confirmation 07018108501
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Dynamiq(m): 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2020
Vyolet:
Once you start experiencing it, all you need to do is move your toes slowly and then fast, you will regain consciousness immediately.
My favourite method. Always works.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by payloader(m): 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:
I created this topic in this section to get a wider audience please contribute if you have /had the experience
Early my teenage years, I do have a female neighbor very close we play and do all things together both bad and good you know what I mean,most times she will sleep and her eyes will be open lying at her back ,I do mock her about this and laugh about it .she always say she can't control it that I won't understand that she see everything happening around her but can't move ,I'll be like how is it possible I don't believe you but she will say dreadlock69 you won't understand.though she really stressed herself sleeping late but she is very bright with her books my parents used her to mock me.
However mine started when I was ss2 I could remember vividly well it happened one night I was sleeping all of a sudden something griped me I can't move I can't breath it was like something or someone inside the room was taking my life force out of me ,I'm very much aware of my environment but when it's stopped I be gasping for air and my heart will be racing ,this repeatedly happens every night at times worst and horrifying ,one night it happened again I was terrified and told my parents they told me nothing gonna happen that I should pray over it.
"Omo nah just the beginning I dey see ooo"
Later when I finish my secondary school I still experiencing it but ,this time round I can breath well but still see images .then I got my new phone I surfed the internet then I came across an article talking about this which seems to relate to what I experience then I made more and more research and findings which were scarying and calming.i remember one time I'd told my brother not to touch my phone strictly warning him then I slept off and the sleep paralysis started I woke up but can't do anything can't move ,can't talk just lifeless but I can see and I'm aware of what is going on in my environment and behold my brother was using my phone I was in anger but I can't do anything I just lay there lifeless with anger in me till it fades off thank his stars he went out before I regain consciousness
Another experience was when I watching a horror movie it happened the again when I was having a nap I was so scared I just have to close my eyes not to see images.
Later on I had full control over it and sometimes I transit from that state to lucid dreaming. Then I had a good work with all good amenities not stressful you can take a nap anytime you like , funny enough my partner experience it also I noticed the day he was sleeping but his eyes where open trying hard to move his body ,I just left him till it's fade off
So one day I was having a nap in the bedroom my boss was calling me I could hear him but I can't move anything just laying lifeless I was praying he should not catch me in this state .
Sometimes I'll have to call my partner but he is still in that state but I have to wake up,which he do wake up looking frightened.

I just learned how to lived with it cause I can't do anything bout it and feel for people who experience this but don't know how to manage it
Probably transit from that state to lucid dreaming
Maybe someday I'll have to tell my spouse or someone to close to me to not get frightened if they see me like that maybe a girlfriend, a wife ,my child I can't say for now
What your opinion on this
Its a demon causing it. Go to a man of God and explain this. He will tell you same thing.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Dreadlock69(m): 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
free2ryhme:

Before I reply are you male or female?

Male oooo abeg ain't gay or bisexual
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Dreadlock69(m): 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
Neddyogu:
Just ur brain preventing u from acting out ur subconscious movts by stopping certain motor functions. Belief in the paranormal is just superstition. SP happens mostly in times of high stress both physical and mental stress. Demon ko, deliverance ni.
Most times I'm stressed , anxiety and depressed
I do have trauma on my experience
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by newdawn2017(f): 10:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:
I created this topic in this section to get a wider audience please contribute if you have /had the experience
Early my teenage years, I do have a female neighbor very close we play and do all things together both bad and good you know what I mean,most times she will sleep and her eyes will be open lying at her back ,I do mock her about this and laugh about it .she always say she can't control it that I won't understand that she see everything happening around her but can't move ,I'll be like how is it possible I don't believe you but she will say dreadlock69 you won't understand.though she really stressed herself sleeping late but she is very bright with her books my parents used her to mock me.
However mine started when I was ss2 I could remember vividly well it happened one night I was sleeping all of a sudden something griped me I can't move I can't breath it was like something or someone inside the room was taking my life force out of me ,I'm very much aware of my environment but when it's stopped I be gasping for air and my heart will be racing ,this repeatedly happens every night at times worst and horrifying ,one night it happened again I was terrified and told my parents they told me nothing gonna happen that I should pray over it.
Later when I finish my secondary school I still experiencing it but ,this time round I can breath well but still see images .then I got my new phone I surfed the internet then I came across an article talking about this which seems to relate to what I experience then I made more and more research and findings which were scarying and calming.i remember one time I'd told my brother not to touch my phone strictly warning him then I slept off and the sleep paralysis started I woke up but can't do anything can't move ,can't talk just lifeless but I can see and I'm aware of what is going on in my environment and behold my brother was using my phone I was in anger but I can't do anything I just lay there lifeless with anger in me till it fades off thank his stars he went out before I regain consciousness
Another experience was when I watching a horror movie it happened the again when I was having a nap I was so scared I just have to close my eyes not to see images.
Later on I had full control over it and sometimes I transit from that state to lucid dreaming. Then I had a good work with all good amenities not stressful you can take a nap anytime you like , funny enough my partner experience it also I noticed the day he was sleeping but his eyes where open trying hard to move his body ,I just left him till it's fade off
So one day I was having a nap in the bedroom my boss was calling me I could hear him but I can't move anything just laying lifeless I was praying he should not catch me in this state .
Sometimes I'll have to call my partner but he is still in that state but I have to wake up,which he do wake up looking frightened.

I just learned how to lived with it cause I can't do anything bout it and feel for people who experience this but don't know how to manage it
Maybe someday I'll have to tell my spouse or someone to close to me to not get frightened if they see me like that maybe a girlfriend, a wife ,my child I can't say for now
it a demon tryi5 to possess urbody while u re asleep. At sleep, our aura is weakened hence d unwanted entities seizes such an opportunity to take possession of d body. But as soon n as u believe in ur heart about d true God Yahweh, & seek refuge in him, it stops. Mine stopped when I started studying d bible with Jehovah witness & sort refuse under Supreme Yahweh, them nor born that demonic entity well. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by FILEBE(m): 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
virginprincess:
Op from your write-up i don't think this is sleeping paralysis, i think you are under a seige.

What we can't explain we call it spiritual. Wouldnt it be nice if we research on this further? This matter has been overflogged here on Nl. How we ascribe this to be spiritual, I understand. But it isn't. Frankly, it isn't. It is what happens when your consciousness wakes up before you body.

Capisce ?
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by newdawn2017(f): 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
PhDinView:
Dear OP,

There is nothing spiritual about your problem. To reduce the rate at which you experience sleep paralysis, try and set multiple alarm clocks to wake you from your sleep at intervals. Also, try and force yourself out of your temporarily paralysed state each time you experience it. It might be difficult at first, but with time you might be able to just snap out of it at will. its all about your mental strength.

PS: The suggestions I've given do not have any scientific backing. They are just my opinion and it possibly might not work.

I sincerely hope that you find solution to your problem quickly.

There is nothing special about FTC.
Keep kidding urself. What nonsense. Sleep paralysis is nothing but a demon trying to take possession of d body at its weakest time which is when its subconscious. undecided
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Dreadlock69(m): 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
payloader:
Its a demon causing it. Go to a man of God and explain this. He will tell you same thing.

Hiahh which one is demon ,that was how I was asthmatic during my childhood and teenagers
No prophets or prophetess my mum and dad didn't take
And believe me on this no concoction I didn't take really suffer for this life . taking my inhaler and my medication thanks my mum is a nurse was more comfortable than going to all this quack churches
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by FILEBE(m): 10:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:

Most times I'm stressed , anxiety and depressed
I do have trauma on my experience

1st. Avoid sleeping on your back. 2nd, you might want to finis up a job, an act or something that bothers you before you sleep. 3rd, relax and take control
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by newdawn2017(f): 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:
Don't let what you read online deceive you that it is sleeping paralysis.

What is happening to you is demonic. You are under witchcraft attack. Nobody who have such experience that won't suffer one misfortune or the other. Some ignorant dudes will soon land and start claiming intellectuals,and forming technocrats by calling black people ignorant.

But bro, take my word for it,you are under demonic siege,go for deliverance because I was in that situation of yours ,I did deliverance and am totally free from that rubbish. I sleep perfectly well like a baby for many years now
Thanks for dis deep truth. As soon as I started studying bible with Jehovah's witnesses, believing in my heart all I ve learned & put them to work, I automatically came under d protective wings of sovereign Yahweh himself, them nor born that demon well. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Dreadlock69(m): 10:30pm On Dec 11, 2020
fayomim:
Village people don get diz wan

Eyah, sori o

Who know me for village
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Silentgroper(m): 10:30pm On Dec 11, 2020
nizetee:
Out Of Body Experience interrupted. Just relax and be a witness. Don't fight it, its not demonic. Only two steps and you flopped.
Lol. I once tried to relax nd let it take its course but i was seeing was dark void space or something of dat sort. Shiit, i got scared nd turned my neck to snap out of it..
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by FILEBE(m): 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
Vyolet:
Once you start experiencing it, all you need to do is move your toes slowly and then fast, you will regain consciousness immediately.

From experience?
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Dreadlock69(m): 10:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
FILEBE:

What we can't explain we call it spiritual. Wouldnt it be nice if we research on this further? This matter has been overflogged here on Nl. How we ascribe this to be spiritual, I understand. But it isn't. Frankly, it isn't. It is what happens when your consciousness wakes up before you body.

Capisce ?

I'm learning
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Dreadlock69(m): 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
FILEBE:

From experience?

It works also but I got this awkward sleeping pattern that I can't move a limb
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Thugaa: 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
Get yourself a good mattress, hard mattresses are good, if you can get a premium spring mattress much better and always try to avoid sleeping on your back. Then come back and thank me.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Silentgroper(m): 10:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
SmartyPants:

When you experience sleep paralysis, simply calm down and relax, assuring yourself that you are fine. Breath deeply and slowly. You will snap to of it.

If it occurs frequently, it might be a sign of an anxiety disorder.
I think dz is true. I do have an anxiety disorder.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by FILEBE(m): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:

I'm learning

From experience I speak. It always happen to me when I sleep on my back, at one point I can induce it myself. Then also, when I have an unfinished thought. Example of such is leaving my door open while I sleep. I will think about it till I sleep but will still want to be conscious. U understand?

Will explain later. Brb
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Daphilly(m): 12:07am On Dec 12, 2020
It's not a spiritual thing. Many people around the world experience sleep paralysis. Tho it can be scary but it can't kill someone. I tried explaining to my boss who is a whiteman some years back about it and I was shocked when he said he used to have it too. I have to make research on it and discover that it's a global phenomenon.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Dohgon(m): 1:12am On Dec 12, 2020
This is indeed Sleep Paralysis, not witchcraft. Believing in witchcraft keeps the mind crippled with fear and unable to manage reality. Sleep Paralysis occurs when the Mind is over-active and stressed. Sleep is essential but when we dont get enough sleep so our physical body can rest and rejuvenate, we will lose control over or motor functions. Most people now-a-days are afraid of the dark and dont get enough sleep because of silly things like believing in witchcraft.

You can use this technique to break out of Sleep Paralysis when it happens.
1. Do not fear because there is nothing to fear.
2. Imagine or picture yourself rolling on the ground. Your physical body will follow.
3. Sleep without Light, Sound, or strong Smells that can keep your Mind over-active.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by HIbreed(m): 3:25am On Dec 12, 2020
Silentgroper:
Well as 4 mine, i knw i'm awake but cant move, my eyes are never opened tho..

I've grown conscious to mine that i usually knw when i'm slipping into it (it feels like when someone drowning or falling into deep pit) nd can come out of it.(i just force myself out, like forcefully turning ur neck sideways or moving ur body part)

I dnt knw abt d spiritual part but mine relates to logical part.

Although d 1st time it happened to me, i did see an image of someone(human like) over me. After then, i've never seen any damn thing.

It doesnt happen as frequent as op's own though. It's like 3 times in a year or so or nt.
we're on the same level on this now but i believe something is spiritual about this tho am now irreligious. Also note that,when this happens you can't open your physical eyes its your third eye that will be open (meta physical eyes). If you notice you're having frequent attacks, do no chain or cross your hands or legs together, it makes it a rollercoaster for them and difficult for you to break out. Spread out your arms and legs and have a peaceful night sleep. I don't know who this is gonna help, goodluck and thank me later wink

I will also like to point out that i really did suffer from this mess for many years until i finally mastered it. Dem no born any idiot to try am, they will be dissapointed, cheesy and its like they often know who to mess with or not making me to believe we are all vibrational beings with spiritual levels not perceivable through the physical eyes.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by SISTERjSISTER: 5:22am On Dec 12, 2020
Whether spiritual or physical, I no longer experience it. But then Id always call osus and
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Jpmacleo: 6:43am On Dec 12, 2020
Nna clean up under your bed. There are plenty spiders there. Thats the shortest cut to that.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 12, 2020
Dreadlock69:

am a Muslim usually caused by demonic visitation in your room,once it happens to me i just recite a surah qurisiyu,it's not some kind of witchcraft but caused by demons, just try to pray before sleeping

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 12, 2020
am a Muslim usually caused by demonic visitation in your room,once it happens to me i just recite a surah qurisiyu,it's not some kind of witchcraft but caused by demons, just try to pray before sleeping

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by donsheddy1(m): 7:13am On Dec 12, 2020
Seeing people call this occurrence spiritual just makes me laugh.

Op, get enough rest and try going to bed on time.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Silentgroper(m): 7:13am On Dec 12, 2020
HIbreed:
we're on the same level on this now but i believe something is spiritual about this tho am now irreligious. Also note that,when this happens you can't open your physical eyes its your third eye that will be open (meta physical eyes). If you notice you're having frequent attacks, do no chain or cross your hands or legs together, it makes it a rollercoaster for them and difficult for you to break out. Spread out your arms and legs and have a peaceful night sleep. I don't know who this is gonna help, goodluck and thank me later wink

I will also like to point out that i really did suffer from this mess for many years until i finally mastered it. Dem no born any idiot to try am, they will be dissapointed, cheesy and its like they often know who to mess with or not making me to believe we are all vibrational beings with spiritual levels not perceivable through the physical eyes.
Hmmm.. Deep.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Tapout(m): 7:26am On Dec 12, 2020
TheWalkingMind:
Sharap.

Bro laugh wan kill me for here ....he said op is under a "demonic siege" not attack anymore, but a siege!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days / 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts / Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.