Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop (16995 Views)

Nigeria's Strange Eating Habits To The Rest Of The World / How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by HUSTLER001: 9:22am On Dec 13, 2020
Lying down immediately after eating. Terrible habit.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:22am On Dec 13, 2020
just2endowed:
Eating meat or fish before consuming my rice or other food
Disrespectful

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Brandonx(m): 9:23am On Dec 13, 2020
I eat my fish/meat along side with my food and after eating the fish/meat I dispose the remaining food.

In between meals I take meat and eat, I can take ice cold meat microwave it and eat.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by IGoComotYaTeeth: 9:24am On Dec 13, 2020
Amarisco:
My swallow must be on the left and soup on the right.

Its not a bad thing, but its a necessity.
if its not bad then don't mention it ode olosho angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:24am On Dec 13, 2020
HUSTLER001:
it is? I thought one was supposed to rest to allow food digest.

Or do you mean sleeping after eating, cos that's bad.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by AfonjaConehead: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2020
Between meals junks grin

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Oizee(f): 9:27am On Dec 13, 2020
HUSTLER001:
the same thing as my husband, I don talk taya

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by HUSTLER001: 9:28am On Dec 13, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
it is? I thought one was supposed to rest to allow food digest.

Or do you mean sleeping after eating, cos that's bad.
I mean,am I not supposed to sit instead of lying on the bed?

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:29am On Dec 13, 2020
HUSTLER001:
I mean,am I not supposed to sit instead of lying on the bed?
i don't know, you do you. I just get up immediately after the meal and continue my work. Food will digest on the road.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by AfonjaConehead: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2020
SimplyFacts:
Well, I never knew they are bad eating habits until my colleagues, at Corpers' lodge, began to condemn each of them. They include:
1. Soaking or dipping bread in the tea: They think the good habit is sipping/taking the tea while chewing the bread. "Seeing the broken pieces of bread in the tea could make one throw up", one claimed.

2. Picking eggs with yam in the plate: They said the good habit is picking the eggs & yam separately. "Littering the eggs with broken pieces of yam would make the food look irritating", another said.

3. Picking eggs with bread: As in 2 above.

4. Eating meats/fish after emptying the plate: This act has caused controversy between me & people many times. I am used to eating the meat last. In fact, I can take meals without meats or fish. "People who don't know you well would think you're stingy, not knowing you just don't mind", some friends would say. Even at occasions, friends do help with the meats. Weytin we gain if we no finish the meats,,,, lol. Hopefully, I'm gonna change this habit when I get married

5. Taking yam with vegetable oil or red palm oil: This is a no-go-area grin. I bluntly told them I can't sip or take the oil while chewing the yam angry. I think they have no excuse on this because some of them claimed they don't take such combination.

What's yours?
There's no way I can eat bread n tea without putting all the bread inside the tea.

Yam and red oil is a yes yes for me any day

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Lotusflowerbomb: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2020
Some foods taste better when eaten directly from the pot Lol

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by anochuko01(m): 9:30am On Dec 13, 2020
Jh0wsef:

You are inviting ulcer o. and when it comes, it can't go o

A man fell down flat for about 15mins on my street a week ago. We thought he was dead until someone tapped him. He was in excruciating pains.

What caused it? CHRONIC ULCER!
I once collapsed on a Sunday morning too oo, but doctor said it was low sugar level. All due to my habit of skipping meals.

I've skipped dinner for the past two days now and I've been unable to sleep well coz of that.
I must change my ways. Thanks you ooo

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Candycrushy(f): 9:32am On Dec 13, 2020
I hate the habit of soaking bread in tea...I can't sit beside anyone who does that, I can't stand the sight

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by muller101(m): 9:33am On Dec 13, 2020
Amarisco:
My swallow must be on the left and soup on the right.

Its not a bad thing, but its a necessity.
So there are some food you do not swallow.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by HUSTLER001: 9:36am On Dec 13, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
i don't know, you do you. I just get up immediately after the meal and continue my work. Food will digest on the road.
lol

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by muller101(m): 9:37am On Dec 13, 2020
Nightstalker:
[s][/s]

Who let the dogs out woof woof woof

That song

Just love it
He was baned

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Preetti(f): 9:37am On Dec 13, 2020
crackhaus:
I don't drink water till I finish eating... cheesy

Some people say it's bad, some say it's the best.
Personally, I don't even care.
Chai can't eat without drinking water I would feel choked

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Preetti(f): 9:39am On Dec 13, 2020
hashtagged:
I can't stop scratching the bottom of pot after cooking indomie
I hate burnt noodles like mad

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 13, 2020
muller101:
He was baned

We know

And we are sending him right back again

grin

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by explosiveskull(m): 9:42am On Dec 13, 2020
Oizee:
Nawao, it's only sliced bread I can eat without dipping into tea, any local bread or unsliced must be inside tea before I can put it in my mouth.

Who cares?
Everyone must try to maintain table manner when you are in public, that is why I can never eat any meat cooked with draw soup in public.
What I hate most if for u to eat meat and pour the bone back in to the soup bowl or wash ur hands inside the same plate that was used to served. If u do dis two just prepare for ur almajiri plate when next u are ready to eat
Especially those local unsliced bread without taste, you use the tea to camouflage the bread taste.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Womanizer(m): 9:43am On Dec 13, 2020
Chasing women wink

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by muller101(m): 9:49am On Dec 13, 2020
Nightstalker:

We know

And we are sending him right back again

grin
He must go back 600years won't be a bad idea grin

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Cousin9999: 9:51am On Dec 13, 2020
SimplyFacts:
Well, I never knew they are bad eating habits until my colleagues, at Corpers' lodge, began to condemn each of them. They include:
1. Soaking or dipping bread in the tea: They think the good habit is sipping/taking the tea while chewing the bread. "Seeing the broken pieces of bread in the tea could make one throw up", one claimed.

2. Picking eggs with yam in the plate: They said the good habit is picking the eggs & yam separately. "Littering the eggs with broken pieces of yam would make the food look irritating", another said.

4. Eating meats/fish after emptying the plate: This act has caused controversy between me & people many times. I am used to eating the meat last. In fact, I can take meals without meats or fish. "People who don't know you well would think you're stingy, not knowing you just don't mind", some friends would say. Even at occasions, friends do help with the meats. Weytin we gain if we no finish the meats,,,, lol. Hopefully, I'm gonna change this habit when I get married

5. Taking yam with vegetable oil or red palm oil: This is a no-go-area grin. I bluntly told them I can't sip or take the oil while chewing the yam angry. I think they have no excuse on this because some of them claimed they don't take such combination.

What's yours?

There's nothing wrong with any of these things. What kind of weird ocd person is actually bothered by this?

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 13, 2020
muller101:
He must go back 600years won't be a bad idea grin

Yep.

grin

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Cousin9999: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2020
Lotusflowerbomb:
Some foods taste better when eaten directly from the pot Lol

lol

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Cerebellum: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2020
JaneYave:
To Chew with my mouth closed all of the time is big work to me.. I love being myself, I eat freely at home but employ etiquette when in public.

Lol...lol

You mean chewing ur cud...like a Goatie(no offence)grin

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by sylve11: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2020
SimplyFacts:

What's yours?

Number 4 is never a bad eating habit. cool

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2020
Who made the rules, white man for us black?

To them it's bad habit, for me it's a way of eating peacefully.

They told us their local language (English) is the best and we bought into it. We now call our own local language vernacular.

I don't even rebuke any student for speaking his/her local language in school.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Zetty177x: 10:24am On Dec 13, 2020
My own many

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by osayuwamwen(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2020
SimplyFacts:

What's yours?
not waiting to get home b4 eating suya I bought by road side

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by shilz(f): 10:57am On Dec 13, 2020
Eating rice n stew in nylon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairalander Chef Shares Unique Pictures Of His Fish BBQ Menu. / Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans / What Is Your Favorite Soup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.