Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide (75863 Views)

Toyin Saraki Pens Emotional Letter To Late Brother, Dapo Ojora / Photos From The Service Of Songs For Dapo Ojora / Dapo Ojora's Family Announces Funeral Arrangements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Pineapplelove: 9:31am On Dec 12, 2020
Depression is real
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by BigwayAfrica: 9:37am On Dec 12, 2020
gabazin080:
well-done MR HEAVEN GATE KEEPER that decides who makes heaven or hell.
don't judge people if you have not walked in his shoes.
depression is real. I have been there and I know what it feels like but thank God I overcame.
as the only child of my parents, I thought of suicide when I lost mom because she was the only family I have.
I also thought of suicide when I had an accident

Thanks for keeping yourself alive to inspire many of us. God bless you more.

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Taylordedon(m): 9:58am On Dec 12, 2020
Upmost96:
Suicide is never an option!!!!!

Sometimes it is
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by kay29000(m): 10:07am On Dec 12, 2020
Treasure123:
Rest In Peace bros, if there is a rest for you at all. The life is not yours so you have no reason whatsoever to snuff it out

But did God consult him before giving him the life? Did God ask if he wanted to come to this world?
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Benwallt(m): 10:09am On Dec 12, 2020
millionboi2:
how u take know?
I know now, some of them are in debts I mean better debts, some of them all their children are fathered by their friends n business partners. Some of them live miserably just to maintain their reputation. The rich cries more than the poor. A rich man is a walking problem.

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by kay29000(m): 10:10am On Dec 12, 2020
SocialJustice:
Someone that has everything will still take gun and kill himself.

Who told you he had everything? Do you know if he is in heavy debt? The news also said he had separated with his wife...do you know what he was personally going through?
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by kay29000(m): 10:11am On Dec 12, 2020
IFSHR:
If not for anything he suppose he reason him daughter na.

From frypan (Nigeria) to FIRE

Have you died before? If not, how are you certain where we go after death? Because of a book you read? The fact is, no one knows what happens after death. No one.
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by UDUJ(m): 10:22am On Dec 12, 2020
Depression is real folks. And lots of rich well to do people are depressed. Don't be deceived by the fake smiles and façade most people show in public.

There is a whole lot going on emotionally. Please always try to reach out to friends and loved ones once you notice a change in demeanor.

Money is not everything. I know this. I wish you all a peaceful and joyful passage into the year 2021.

This year 2020 has been a rollercoaster.

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by kay29000(m): 10:22am On Dec 12, 2020
juman:
What of we that have nothing?

If a person like him committed suicide because of little problem.

Tens of million of us in this country have nothing. We still have hope that tomorrow go better.

Do you know if he has a debt of 100 million on his head? Don't conclude on what you don't know.
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by kay29000(m): 10:25am On Dec 12, 2020
Chekwume16:
Hope it was not too many debts and poor biz judgements. I knew him as such

You knew him to make poor business judgment and having too many debts? If that's so, this is what probably led to him killing himself. Some level of debt can be crippling. You just feel the only way out is blowing your brains out.
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by kay29000(m): 10:39am On Dec 12, 2020
Cutehector:
Money is certainly not a fuel for happiness. Even the rich feel depression.

Happiness and Sadness are emotions...just like love, fear, anger...Everyone feels all emotions at some point, and it has nothing to do with money or lack of money.
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Cutehector(m): 11:03am On Dec 12, 2020
kay29000:

Happiness and Sadness are emotions...just like love, fear, anger...Everyone feels all emotions at some point, and it has nothing to do with money or lack of money.
ok thanks.
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by CioAngels(f): 11:31am On Dec 12, 2020
I seem not understanding, did he also kill his wife? I only saw that in the heading and not in the story to say he killed her.
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by letilex: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2020
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by kay29000(m): 11:54am On Dec 12, 2020
Angel246:
That suicide is not an option is what people will
always shout about in this kind of situation, but while those people were melting with depression they where too busy to show concern.

Some folks even derive pleasure in seeing other people depressed, that is why they get upset on hearing that the person has taking his/her life because their source of joy has ended.

If everyone will genuinely care about one another, suicide will sure go into extinction.

May his soul find the rest it longs for!

This is sooooo true.
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 12, 2020
It's possible he had a head injury in that accident and never recovered from it. brain injuries changes most people's personalities/behaviors
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Seyzcham91(m): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2020
thats baffles me oo shocked

wetin make we wey dey struggle kon do now oo
SocialJustice:
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2020
UDUJ:

Depression is real folks. And lots of rich well to do people are depressed. Don't be deceived by the fake smiles and façade most people show in public.

There is a whole lot going on emotionally. Please always try to reach out to friends and loved ones once you notice a change in demeanor.

Money is not everything. I know this. I wish you all a peaceful and joyful passage into the year 2021.

This year 2020 has been a rollercoaster.
sir pity my life small nah! I've been sending you tons of mentions since last week or so, but you come online and ignore them. I'm really sorry if I'm sounding rude or ungrateful because you've helped me twice with airtime totalling 3k. Anyways, this life sha........this life sha

Las las, I go dey alright

I don tire to dey send mentions.
Thank you for all the help you've given me before.
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by kay29000(m): 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2020
sniper77:
Probably depression made him to commit suicide.We dont know what he really went through.

Dapo Ojora,Hussein Jammal. a.k.a moon and Dawule Baba were the polo players that made me attend most of the polo tournaments held at Ibadan polo club in the month of January of every year from the late eighties into the early nineties.

Dapo was a delight to watch during those tournaments.He had the finest ponies from Argentina and played with style.

Wow! So the guy was a Polo star as far back ast the late 80s? Interesting.
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
So sad May he RIP
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by djon78(m): 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
Same here. I thought of suicide when i lost my mum & couldn’t focus to pass my exams. Most people don’t know what depression is, they think people just happy or wake up one day to end their life. Meanwhile most people convince themselves for months or maybe years to find a reason to live before they eventually end it. Depression is cause of suicide, it’s extremely hard to end ones life if one is in a good mental health.

Depression is a terrible thing
Had one in my early 20s then.
I had no reason to live
It was complete darkness
No joy of any kind

But God saved me
I knew that feeling was dangerous
After a year
I got over it

Depression is a terrible state

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by LordOfTheGame: 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2020
Upon all the money in their family, he couldn't hit life going and look for another woman yo continue enjoying his life with?
Very sad indeed.
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by hstar: 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2020
gabazin080:
well-done MR HEAVEN GATE KEEPER that decides who makes heaven or hell.
don't judge people if you have not walked in his shoes.
depression is real. I have been there and I know what it feels like but thank God I overcame.
as the only child of my parents, I thought of suicide when I lost mom because she was the only family I have.
I also thought of suicide when I had an accident
U've seen a lot then

Please, teach me something!

What did life teach you
I mean what keeps u going?
I'm willing to learn from you please
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by baby124: 2:13pm On Dec 12, 2020
Mental illness. Probably why the wife ran away. They are a wealthy family so it’s not money.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Salmom: 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2020
Treasure123:
Rest In Peace bros, if there is a rest for you at all. The life is not yours so you have no reason whatsoever to snuff it out
You must be a Christian? Christians are fond of making very spiritless comments as this when a person commits suicide. Smh
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by nku5: 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2020
Depression na bastard. Even with all the money. RIP
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Salmom: 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2020
Webmannigeria:
Powers of thine Father's house has taken this one and if not solve years later if Christ tarries, they will still take another one
Mountain of fire member spotted
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Oesophagus99(m): 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
I'm so Glad that africans are now taking away dia own lives like the whites....
And its far better and much more honorable dan becoming bandits& B.H
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
alonzoiv:
Rest in peace. A big loss to tbe Saraki family
Not Saraki family. A big loss to Ojora family. Toyin Ojora, Saraki's wife is an extension but the loss is the Ojora.

You should express relationships sensibly .

1 Like

Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by Webmannigeria: 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2020
Salmom:

Mountain of fire member spotted

I'm certain you're a member too, it takes a member to know a MEMBER
Re: Dapo Ojora Commits Suicide by ledaman: 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
SocialJustice:
It is beyond material things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Speaks From His Hideout. Nigerians React (Video, Photos) / Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks / PMB In Imo: Residents Line Up To Welcome The President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.