Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University (69453 Views)

Staff In Covenant University Are Raping The Students - Twitter User / Cow Goes On The Loose In Covenant University, Attacks Passers-by (VIDEO) / Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by subcbouy: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2020
Why cannot the student force their parents that they will not return, and ask for a change of school. If a school wants to change you, you change the school, it is as simple as that!

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Biggest80: 11:31am On Dec 15, 2020
Is call decipline, if you go boarding school in nigeria you will understand.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by alphaNomega: 11:34am On Dec 15, 2020
NADFOR:

See them, association of fools.
Lol!
Next time you see Oyedepo,be sure to suck his c0ck

Expelling a student that has spent 3 years in a university because he/she did not bring a bible to chapel is the type of behaviour you applaud?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by alphaNomega: 11:37am On Dec 15, 2020
stagger:
This young and rebellious generation.

What is this compared to what we faced in secondary school all those years ago? I remember being flogged 24 strokes of the cane in primary school in one sitting back then, yet I am still standing. My wife was in the crowd watching all those years ago. From way back then, she knew I had it in me to take pain and still stand strong.

Now young children of nowadays come here complaining of pure nonsense. If you cannot stand discipline, get out of the place.
You are confusing discipline with wickedness Oga

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by JovialJune(f): 11:38am On Dec 15, 2020
sweetmelanin:

Most Covenant students didn't choose to go there.. they were forced /cajoled to go there by religiously-blind parents

Then blame the parents, why blame Oyedepo when he's only trying to enforce his own rules? Did Oyedepo force the parents at gun point to bring their wards to CU?

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by eagleonearth(m): 11:38am On Dec 15, 2020
RomanGreen:

Please shut up, laying curses coz of stolen pure water is to me witchcraft....e pass wickedness set, if he truly is following in the foot steps of Jesus then hr has failed, listen....all these private universities are glorified secondary schools.... Even Fr Ede you referenced his Catholic school isn't left out ...these men feel like demigods....well, I'd rather have my children attend public schools...morality isn't taught in school.... Rather at home....a university is a place of study.... Not a ground for strict religious indoctrination. Unfortunately the G Os have refused to accept that
noone forced you to school there. You would have gone to LASU to steal phones sef at dagger point. Leave the kitchen if the heat is too much. Leave him to run his school because he's accountable to someone. You don't know that a thief is already cursed? You graduate from thieving pure water to blocking the highway

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Ayobami0411: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2020
Discipline is not enjoyable when been served but it pays at the end.... YOU WANT TO BE FREE GO TO PUBLIC UNIVERSITY.... THIS IS A CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY, WITH NOT JUST INSTRUCTIONS BUT GODLY INSTRUCTIONS....
Is only your parent that knows why they send you there not necessarily because of strike in public university but because they want to instill discipline and fear of God in you... YOU CAN AS WELL LEAVE, IS NOT BY FORCE....
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by alphaNomega: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2020
EXOUSIAng:
Oga new rules are made everyday as it pleases them. Old rules are bent to enable them do as they please....
Guy people were suspended and made to go through hell for going to watch a football match inside the school premises.. we no comot school ohh na inside school we dey, I stayed in a gutter around Mary Hall till morning to avoid being caught, rats running over my legs I could have been killed by a snake just because I went to watch football match.
Don't get involved in Covenant University issue if you have no idea what's going on there abeg
NADFOR would call you a fool for going to watch football. He'll soon be back, I encouraged him to suck Oyedepo's c0ck
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by alphaNomega: 11:42am On Dec 15, 2020
Angelmichael63:
BECAUSE YOU AND YOUR CO ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FORM CULTISM THERE SO WHY WOULDN'T YOU BE TALKING RUBBISH.
You talk as if Christianity (and by extension other religions) are not variations of cult. Because someone does not belong to your religion cult, you despise them?

Come off it

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by HitlerGaddafi: 11:42am On Dec 15, 2020
The problem here and what I noticed is many of those CU students were sent there against their will. Most of them their parents threatened them with "it's covenant university or forget about me paying your fees". And thats because they wanted them to get some " discipline" but for a child who is naturally rough, boisterous and niggerish (if you understand what I mean), he will find it difficult to cope in such a school. Erica of BBN went to CU, same with Jeff. I'm pretty sure it was against their wish to go to such university.

So pls parents and guardians, don't enforce and institution on your child's head so it won't end in years later on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Fvckhypocrite(f): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2020
JovialJune:

Funny thing is that, you are a Muslim

If non Muslims were to be all over you guys restricted threads, y'all will be all over the place complaining, look at way you've been castigating a man you don't know from Adam

You Muslims are known terrorists, and you're saying Oyedepo terrorised his family, the falsehood and irony lol

Who said Oyedepo will live forever? Pls learn to read well.
madam attack the woman nt her religion or stfu forever
Cc samylove
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by alphaNomega: 11:45am On Dec 15, 2020
EXOUSIAng:

Na Ogun go kee your papa.
I bet you won't survive Alpha semester in CU as at that 2009 to 2012 period when school was hottest...
Do you know how many Covenant University expelled students commit suicide?
Olotu my friend was expelled with his roommate because his room make had Drugs on him
A 200level guy was expelled cos he was SUSPECTED to be a cultist( he was always on black, his favorite color)
Someone was expelled for using 2straws to drink soft drink.
a guy was given 1year suspension for "staring at the VC lustfully" ( the VC was wearing a suit the same guy had designed for her.
Guy no vex me ohhh.
In Covenant University you don't have to look for trouble, trouble just finds you.
You could be sent home for the most minute thing....
How do you enter a hostel to pack people who are not sleeping at night( Peter Hall 2009).
How do you subject students to 5/11 during exams, lots of my mates hard series of carry overs that semester... Guy no vex me this morning ohhh all these id bringing back memories and their very painful ones. Met one of my course mates working as a driver some months back, guess what he was expelled because he was using the "Pirates of the Caribbean" wallpaper on his laptop, its was tagged "an occultic material...
This young people entering the school are lucky now I just look at some of them on holiday from the I just laugh.
Covenant University will suspend your or even xpell you for something you did during the holiday, like clubbing. we couldn't even take pictures when we go to certain places that are supposed to be regular places for the average Nigerian youth because school may search your laptop and make you face SDC....
SORRY ABOUT THE ERRORS I DEY VEX ABEG
where is that NADFOR? I hope you can read this!

Now answer this question: Is it right to expel a student from school/university for using a pirates of the Carribbean wallpaper on a personal laptop?

If you don't know the answer, it is ok to say so.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 15, 2020
damosky12:

Go through his comments objectively, you may find some submissions plausible.

If you have a problem with a thought, tackle it logically. Don't leave the message to taint the messenger.
in some cases though, the messenger can be ab initio tainted and skewed in his/her predisposition and logic. As for me sha, i no go CU and i no fit go CU, neither can my wards. The simple fact is this, even the Almighty God gives ALL the freedom to choose. I do understand that signing up to go to CU means you have relinquished the right to do so WHILE you school there, but not afterwards. Those who have graduated or feel they have been wronged have the right to vent about whomever however they deem fit as they are no longer bound to the social contract with CU. I watched a video 10 years or more ago that lends some credence to the man's personality as depicted here. It was of a girl accused of being a witch and slapped severally on live tv in front of the whole congregation. Now, whether the said girl was a witch or not, or if slapping is the way of exorcism na discourse for another day, but i know for a fact that if that girl was dj cuppy, or the daughter of a 'somebody', or say na white person and na witch, he'd dare not slap her. Abi rich pple and whites no get witches? He slapped her cos she was a nobody and he is the powerful and well respected GO. Such arrogation of power is not the way of the GOD that i serve. Na that day i know say aint nofin dey wey i dey find go there. Anyway, i no go CU, i no get wahala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Oluwaseun2020(m): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2020
jesus told the ten lepers to go show themselves to the priest and the bible said as they were going ,one of the ten notice that he was healed and he noticed that it was God who healed him not the priest. ..
He turned back and was made whole and the nine went ahead to the priest

Yea...so God showed there that he is the healer not the priest
Elijah lock himself indoor with the child of the woman and prayed to God..
But the woman bowed before elijah like he is God.

God banned moses from the promise land because he acted like he brought the miracle instead of attach it to God
Let them know it was God that did it

Alot of people turn pastor to God...
That's why the keep rulling over people like they wont die
This are people who cant do anything without the holy spirit. .without God

Today...
Where is idahosa and his ministry? ?
Only his teaching can help you now..
Which is what God made his prophets for
Jeremiah 3:15
And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.

The church can be locked up by government or ordered to close up like in china..
but the holy spirit cant be locked up...
You have direct access to the power of God.

Act 2:17
i will pour my spirit on all flesh
And you men will see vision and prophecy

What more do you need?
The more you keep chasing after pastors..
The more they order you around like goats

3 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by fajbam216: 11:50am On Dec 15, 2020
Na wa o...were u forced to go to CU.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 15, 2020
And also those hard rules while sometimes necessary do not guarantee successful outcomes at the end of the day. The internet is rife with reports of very immoral acts by both staff, graduates and students alike both at Babcock and CU. Even former sacked registrar of same CU was in the news a while ago.

5 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Gmajor(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:

Olodo! That is what we are saying; spoilt rat! You were born without iota of morality. Did the school just decided to expel you? Why did you choosed to be disobedient child? Is it not the same rules and regulations that are their for all other students like you to obey?

Why did you do otherwise and choosed to be Judas Iscariot instead while other students obeyed simple rules that became torn in your own flesh? If they lack morality in your own home and your parents failed to teach or show you morality; and you grow up to see abnormality as normallity; sorry, CU will have to do extra work to bring morality to your senses.

If you don't want discipline, do the right thing like other well behaved students or tell your parents to withdraw you to where they lack displine. Church can't compromise standard because of over spoilt child like you. Ordinarily in UI, which is a federal university, a final year was asked to repeat a year for wearing jeans (and not corporate dressing) during his final defense and nobody changed it.

Discipline is not the end of life, is to make you come out as better person if you change your way for better, otherwise, you harvest the opposite later or sooner, then, you will understand better why they don't want you to choose way of perdition

I wonder how someone who is as rude and uncouth as you can claim to have a higher moral standing on any issue.
Nawa oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Glovoutu(m): 11:52am On Dec 15, 2020
Can we pray now?
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by alphaNomega: 11:53am On Dec 15, 2020
Odidigboigbo:
Mr. take your time and go through the oaths the students signed before u talk.
Going to chapel with your Bible is there and attracts disciplinary action when defaulted. So if you signed to abides with the rules, while the complains? Madonna University owned by father Ede till tomorrow, students don't use phones. You only allowed to use laptop with the university WiFi, which is wholly monitored and u are only restricted to educational sites and Google shikina
Does this disciplinary action clearly state that the offender would be expelled ?
If no, is expulsion the preferred disciplinary action?
If yes, is expulsion the preferred disciplinary action?
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by allenpaul(m): 11:54am On Dec 15, 2020
Papa he"s just been misunderstood ,he is very strict no doubt but he is not wicked ,during their time salvation and christianity is a hard work you should listen to his message you will understand that what we call christianity today are just bread and butter.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by chaloskyx: 11:57am On Dec 15, 2020
HAHAHA ISNT HE YOUR PAPA ABI DADDY ALL HE DOES IS RIGHT IN YOUR EYES NOW AWON SCAMMERS RELIGION IS ONLY A TOOL USED TO PUT PEOPLE IN CHECK IV ALWAYS SAID IT ALL THESE PASTORS 90% OF THEM DONT PRACTISE WHAT THEY PREACH YET THEY WOULD FORCE AND THREATEN YOU WITH THE SCRIPTURE EVEN THEM DONT FOLLOW NA UNA SABI KEEP DOING FOLLOW FOLLOW AS FOR BE I DONT LISTEN TO ANY PASTOR I LISTEN DIRECTLY FROM GOD AFTERALL WE ARE ALL GODS CHILDREN HE HAS NO FAVORITE
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Originalsly: 11:59am On Dec 15, 2020
JovialJune:

All this uncouth children only making mouth online

I graduated from CU, I behaved myself throughout by abiding by the rules and regulations, all of you be making it seem like the simple rules is an Herculean task,

If Oyedepo insults and curses, and it doesnt affect you, why bother? Will he start raining insults unprovoked? Only the guilty will lament just as those twitter people are doing,

It's simple, if you can't cope, pack your kaya and go, those of us that completed our 4 years course and graduated peacefully don't have two heads.

So you see nothing wrong in Oyedepo... a Man of God ... head of the disciplinary university... easily provoked and be raining insults and curses because his paying wards have violated some rule? Isn't that being uncouth?...ungodly?.. a display of lack of self discipline? Shouldn't he be the one setting example? No doubt he has rules... like soo many other institutions... and where there are rules there are consequences for violating them. When you signed up... were being drenched with insults and curses part of the consequences for violating rules? Even after graduating you can't see his actions as being wrong. What does that say about you? ...I don't know why... but you remind me of North Koreans.

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by alphaNomega: 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2020
Sterope:
If you were a slave in the 1700, you would have been part of those who resisted freedom

oh! Thank you so much. I nearly cried reading your post cry It is people like that who keep encouraging wickedness and call it discipline

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by tabithaola(f): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:
The problem with contemporary young generation is that many of you were born into your families when morality vacated your family homes. Being strict is different from being wicked, he is discipling you as his own children so your future can be better, you are here ranting he is wicked.

Many of you just like places you will not be tamed so that you can do whatever you want like forming cult groups on campus, turning campus to Olosho house. If he is not strict and people still allow to do whatever they like, these spoilt rats will still come back here to complain and cast aspersions if any bad thing goes wrong with the school. Go to Catholic schools and see descipline, you these spoilt rats.

Your fathers get money, but lack morality, so when your fathers finally dumb you into CU as correctional center, you begin to misunderstand 'strictness' to ' wickedness' because your fathers failed to even show you '101' of moralities before you left for school because your families lack moralities in the first place. If you like to become wayward and hates descipline, no need of going there, go to federal and state universities and do what you like. Judas Iscariots!

Somebody is sweating to make you great, you call it wickedness! Spoilt rats! Go to volatile areas in North and ask for the meaning of wickedness!

God bless you for such an insight.I was opportuned to school at Bowen and I can boldly say I'll forever be grateful to God and my mum that made the sacrifice for me to school at Bowen. My spiritual, moral and psychological life was built by men and women of God in that school. Words will fail me if I have to recount. Hubby and I have decided that our children will go CU in particular as we trust God for blessings to shoulder the responsibility. Lives are remoulded and destinies recovered in private universities. I'm a proud product of Bowen university, my esteemed Alma mater.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by alphaNomega: 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2020
kinggSamuel:
i graduated from Caritas university 3 YEARS AGO and i have forgotten about the discipline and restriction there . we spend just 4 or 5 yesrs in the uni. thats just a tiny fraction of our lifespans. there is no where for you to be molded again than in the university. the world out here is a harsh place. i am not saying that you should be naive, complacent or docile. I am saying you should accept discipline to attain wisdom, a spirit of dedication, patience and highly sensitive and observant to the things around. moreover all the sex that you want to have and the alcohol you want to take you can still take it after graduation pipe low. try to make good grades so that the school fees that your parents are paying will not turn to a waste or amount to little. Instead build relationships with children of the rich and influencial. that can land you a lucrative job letter. on a final note EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE WILL TAKE YOU HIGHER IN LIFE THAN INTELLIGENCE QUOTIENT.
you have a sound point
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Wiseonetemmy(m): 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] In as much as I agree with this analysis, I need to point out this few facts.
1. You can suspend a student as punishment, to expel is simply callous expecially being a pastor, Jesus Christ was strict but merciful.
2. The people whose offerings and tithes was used to start up the school can't even afford to put there own children in the same school. That is not christlike.
3. I know God blesses men of God( this is subject to interpretation) but when you flaunt wealth in the midst of so much poverty, that is not also christlike. So if we call ourselves christians and Jesus is truly our role model, then we would not act as tyrants..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by rickyrex(m): 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2020
Go to where you can be tolerated if you can not abide by the rules guiding the school (CU). Morales should not only be thought at home but in school as well. In the end what you see in your certificate is found worthy in learning and character.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Misterdhee1(m): 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2020
JovialJune:
All this uncouth children only making mouth online

I graduated from CU, I behaved myself throughout by abiding by the rules and regulations, all of you be making it seem like the simple rules is an Herculean task,

If Oyedepo insults and curses, and it doesnt affect you, why bother? Will he start raining insults unprovoked? Only the guilty will lament just as those twitter people are doing,

It's simple, if you can't cope, pack your kaya and go, those of us that completed our 4 years course and graduated peacefully don't have two heads.
Shut the Bleep up! Imagine you as a parent, having your child cursed for simple mistakes by a so-called pastor - same school you're paying millions to for your child's education. The problem with many Nigerians is that we're to blinded by stupidity all in the name of respect. When have you ever heard a pastor in a developed country laying a curse on his followers? Slaves!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Wiseonetemmy(m): 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:
The problem with contemporary young generation is that many of you were born into your families when morality vacated your family homes. Being strict is different from being wicked, he is discipling you as his own children so your future can be better, you are here ranting he is wicked.

Many of you just like places you will not be tamed so that you can do whatever you want like forming cult groups on campus, turning campus to Olosho house. If he is not strict and people still allow to do whatever they like, these spoilt rats will still come back here to complain and cast aspersions if any bad thing goes wrong with the school. Go to Catholic schools and see descipline, you these spoilt rats.

Your fathers get money, but lack morality, so when your fathers finally dumb you into CU as correctional center, you begin to misunderstand 'strictness' to ' wickedness' because your fathers failed to even show you '101' of moralities before you left for school because your families lack moralities in the first place. If you like to become wayward and hates descipline, no need of going there, go to federal and state universities and do what you like. Judas Iscariots!

Somebody is sweating to make you great, you call it wickedness! Spoilt rats! Go to volatile areas in North and ask for the meaning of wickedness!
990000][/color] In as much as I agree with this analysis, I need to point out this few facts.
1. You can suspend a student as punishment, to expel is simply callous expecially being a pastor, Jesus Christ was strict but merciful.
2. The people whose offerings and tithes was used to start up the school can't even afford to put there own children in the same school. That is not christlike.
3. I know God blesses men of God( this is subject to interpretation) but when you flaunt wealth in the midst of so much poverty, that is not also christlike. So if we call ourselves christians and Jesus is truly our role model, then we would not act as tyrants..
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Caleycash(m): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
j
Urekaure:

Rubbish, with all the morality the older generation had, how did they impact Nigeria with it?

They are all hypocrites...

How is this law different from Sharia?
Bro the Hypocrisy is too much!!!
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by RomanGreen: 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2020
damosky12:

The problem with you is that you refused to take the training offered you on a platter of gold. That's why your spellings and punctuations aren't so much different from that of an illiterate.

Go do your research, western education was largely influenced by Christianity. Education, ideally, isn't as non-religious as you seem to assume.

BTW, CU is a "Christian University." They have a tilt. Those who sent their wards there understand that. It takes an ignorant and arrogant fool to speak against this!

Dude, if this were to be an English class....I'd beat you hands down, so shove your literacy down your throat....blowing grammar with empty pockets

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by RomanGreen: 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
cescky:

From your tone its easy to decipher your type..

In public, you can't approach me, so i wont waste my time

And what makes you unapproachable in public?.... Low self esteem is killing you, let me know when you have a superior argument looser undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Certificates: If You Still Have These 2 Things Intact, You're Indeed A Keeper / Laspotech 2012/2013 Post Utme Admission / UNIUYO Student Buries Mum On Friday, Killed By Roommate On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.