Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University (69433 Views)

Staff In Covenant University Are Raping The Students - Twitter User / Cow Goes On The Loose In Covenant University, Attacks Passers-by (VIDEO) / Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by sreamsense: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
Wiseonetemmy:

990000][/color] In as much as I agree with this analysis, I need to point out this few facts.
1. You can suspend a student as punishment, to expel is simply callous expecially being a pastor, Jesus Christ was strict but merciful.
2. The people whose offerings and tithes was used to start up the school can't even afford to put there own children in the same school. That is not christlike.
3. I know God blesses men of God( this is subject to interpretation) but when you flaunt wealth in the midst of so much poverty, that is not also christlike. So if we call ourselves christians and Jesus is truly our role model, then we would not act as tyrants..

1. Even public schools have different punishment for different offences including expelling students. Students can be rusticated, expelled or made to repeat classes. Rustication is not everyday punishment, but somebody must serve as Judas Iscariot for others to learn from it. In old testament, God himself was strict for violating laws of Moses.

Even sons of Aaron were not spared for others to learn despite Aaron's closeness to God. Laws and regulations are setup for our advantages, learn to keep them. Some students are just like goats, if they don't see any person being caught as scape goats, they will abuse and mock the laws.

2. Is that your problem? Did church force you to pay tithes? Did church come to your house to report you to your parent or jail you for not paying tithes? Engineers, lawyers, doctors, professors and great politicians who are more knowledgeable, wisers and influential than you and regularly attending the church since it's creation many years ago, did any of them complain to you or to come and be a mouth piece for them?

Why are you taking Panadol for another person's headache? The one that is affordable according to you, are they not the one on strike closing to one year? Instead of talking theory, why not start your own university and admit those complaining to you for CU being expensive or reduce their school fees to N500 per term if that is your own way of supporting quality education and humanity. Many of you will just be talking theory with your toes without reasoning first

3. How did God tell you to flaunt wealth? You are exhibiting poor man mentality. Why can't you flaunt your own wealth openly as God told you in your parlour for people to learn from you? When poverty is too much, you may not know how to think right again at times. Relationship with God is personal, you have your own, he has his own.

Why not bother about removing logs in your own eyes first? Why bothering about him? Leave judgement to God that called him. He is more of blessing to His generation than you who is just wasting his time as "online-ranting-evergenlist". Focus more attention on how to reach 1/100th of his contribution and achievement first before going further. Remove logs in your own eyes first my brother and worry less about somebody you did not call into service of God
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
NihiIist:
Had a couple of folks who graduated from the University. That man na zero nonsense man. Like someone said, forget what you see in/fr canaanland, Shiloh and the likes. If you want to see the real Oyedepo, go to covenant university. The man goes about campus looking for the next scape goat and he no dey hear "sorry sir" or "abeg sir" . Same man that preaches forgive and forget. Any small thing na expulsion, if you get luck , suspension and if you get more luck, he go just curse you and tell you to go grin

Many students are usually expelled without even facing a disciplinary committee. Even if you do, it's a waste of time coz it will never favour you.

Despite all this, you dare not complain or protest else you're a goner. Most CU students actually live in fear and oppression. The man is more of a ruthless dictator.
na waoh.is dis d same way he treats ppl who work under him?
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Excuzeme: 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:

Sorry! Problem is not about morality of older generation. Exact problem can be traced to your father and mother who should have prevented you with condom when they know they do not have enough morality left to raise you as good chap. Dish your blame to them! Your problem is because you can't even see a single person left in your family to learn morality from. So, pathetic! And abuse of social media and entertainment have made your situation worse.

With all your noise about "morality", you still have to be the first to insult his parents?
I that how far all the "Slaps and Curses" in C.U trained you ? undecided

You have been all over the place cursing and screaming at anyone with a contrary opinion, as if Pastor Oyedepo paid you to come here and defend him (I know most Religious Fanatics and Zombies dont need to be paid, before they act out their mental defects) but your own deserves special commentary. grin
Pot, calling the Kettle, Black!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by sharpwriter(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2020
Sterope:
Come on, he can't continue to exist forever

He is a man. He is going to die like everyone else, like me too. He can be crushed by a trailer. His plane can just drop off the sky.

He is a false prophet. The death of his step-mothrt proves it! He dines with the devil.

Please tell me more about the death of his step mother in relation to him abeg.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by sharpwriter(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2020
Sterope:
If you were a slave in the 1700, you would have been part of those who resisted freedom

And he would have been killed by fellow slaves who wanted freedom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Verysmart101: 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2020
[quote author=sreamsense post=97065026]The problem with contemporary young generation is that many of you were born into your families when morality vacated your family homes. Being strict is different from being wicked, he is discipling you as his own children so your future can be better, you are here ranting he is wicked.

Many of you just like places you will not be tamed so that you can do whatever you want like forming cult groups on campus, turning campus to Olosho house. If he is not strict and people still allow to do whatever they like, these spoilt rats will still come back here to complain and cast aspersions if any bad thing goes wrong with the school. Go to Catholic schools and see descipline, you these spoilt rats.

Your fathers get money, but lack morality, so when your fathers finally dumb you into CU as correctional center, you begin to misunderstand 'strictness' to ' wickedness' because your fathers failed to even show you '101' of moralities before you left for school because your families lack moralities in the first place. If you like to become wayward and hates descipline, no need of going there, go to federal and state universities and do what you like. Judas Iscariots!

Somebody is sweating to make you great, you call it wickedness! Spoilt rats! Go to volatile areas in North and ask for the meaning of wickedness![/quote

Sharap joor.What do you know about discipline here? Will he still be around them when they've all graduated? Look being disciplined is all about choice and not force.Get that into ur thick skull.How can you expel a student in the final year of his university academics for something that holds no water and you say its not wickedness.I pray ur children would face the same fate when they are in school so u will feel the pain.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Mjpem23(m): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2020
You’re idiot...
it’s Discipline to expelled 400l student... that later went to commit suicide...

I need an answer from you please...
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Drsmiles(m): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
Why una no take am to court?
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by GEEBITE: 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
Loser*
RomanGreen:

And what makes you unapproachable in public?.... Low self esteem is killing you, let me know when you have a superior argument looser undecided
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by sinqlepee(m): 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2020
[quote author=Urekaure post=97066057]

Rubbish, with all the morality the older generation had, how did they impact Nigeria with it?

They are all hypocrites...

How is this law different from Sharia?

rugged capings
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by sreamsense: 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2020
BadBradley:
from the African experience, most pastors don't know how to run anything other than churches.

From what the students are saying, I won't call it wickedness. What it is ignorance and incompetence. You don't run a university like that.

That's ignorance

...And you who know how to run university; why can't you float your own university and show us practical of how you will run your own well? Go back to work, work harder, raise money and setup your own university successfully first before coming back here to tell us your own success story. Theory is different from practical! You are still talking from poor man mentality. If wishes are riches, all beggars will ride best cars before night today

Show us how you train well your own children first in moralities (to be a blessing to society) before you even come here to talk about university administration. Many people who can not even raised their children well in moralities for better society will come here to talk and teach someone who has been a symbol of success and blessing to others around the world in his own way.

As few waywords are complaining, uncountable numbers of students are thanking God for helping them to pass through CU and now blessing to societies in their working places, private establishments, political space etc in moral, intelligence and characters. Those small percentage complaining are Judas Iscariots who became unturned cake at homes, schools and religion places after several attempts to repackage them for better society failed
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by CAPSLOCKED: 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
Treborblue:

I pray you experience God my brother

I'VE BEEN GETTING THIS FOR YEARS NOW AND JUST LIKE YOU, I'M YET TO EXPERIENCE ANYTHING.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
[b]
sreamsense:
The problem with contemporary young generation is that many of you were born into your families when morality vacated your family homes. Being strict is different from being wicked, he is discipling you as his own children so your future can be better, you are here ranting he is wicked.

Many of you just like places you will not be tamed so that you can do whatever you want like forming cult groups on campus, turning campus to Olosho house. If he is not strict and people still allow to do whatever they like, these spoilt rats will still come back here to complain and cast aspersions if any bad thing goes wrong with the school. Go to Catholic schools and see descipline, you these spoilt rats.

Your fathers get money, but lack morality, so when your fathers finally dumb you into CU as correctional center, you begin to misunderstand 'strictness' to ' wickedness' because your fathers failed to even show you '101' of moralities before you left for school because your families lack moralities in the first place. If you like to become wayward and hates descipline, no need of going there, go to federal and state universities and do what you like. Judas Iscariots!

Somebody is sweating to make you great, you call it wickedness! Spoilt rats! Go to volatile areas in North and ask for the meaning of wickedness!
[/b]
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2020

A mod deleted a ilorin thread this morning cos it was talking about Muslims...
Now this one is talking about Christian or a Christian, let's see why happens
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by 99thEnemy(m): 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:
The problem with contemporary young generation is that many of you were born into your families when morality vacated your family homes. Being strict is different from being wicked, he is discipling you as his own children so your future can be better, you are here ranting he is wicked.

Somebody is sweating to make you great, you call it wickedness! Spoilt rats! Go to volatile areas in North and ask for the meaning of wickedness!
It's like Oyedepo gave you chicken milk to dring oh!
It has helped you develop a healthy sense of reasoning on this matter.
grin
One day you will start saying that cattle lay eggs because Oyedepo the chicken milk giver said so grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by sreamsense: 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
Owutuotuo:

I’m a Christian, I agree totally with your submission, but my question is: what happens when he’s called home? Will his son or whoever takes over as the head of Living Faith Ministries act the same way? I think what should be built is a structure/system that entrenches morality and discipline that doesn’t revolve around one man as the enforcer. I do not pray and I trust God the gat of hell will not prevail against CU but Bishops need mean and women, teaching and non teaching staff that will lay out guidelines in love that will leave no place for immorality: people who will uphold values he’s known for, rather than having him in the news allegedly saying, “expel him,” “he shouldn’t write exams.”

You need not to worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself. Before God took Moses home; Moses said in Deu 18 vs 15, “The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him" . Interesting thing is that He is laying foundation that should be followed; like father like son, whosever the person be will have landmarks to follow to success.

God himself doesn't joke with descipline; two of Aaron's children we're killed for violating God's rules and regulations despite how closeness Aaron was to God to serve as lessons for isrealites. God doesn't need rules, it is for human advantages on earth

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Excuzeme: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
Training an proper Upbringing is is good.
Some Parents, in an attempt to instil DISCIPLINE in their Children, flog them too harshly and some even flog their Children to death!
Can we say such parent does not love his Child? Absolutely not, he is driven by such love to want the Child to be disciplined.

But is it right to flog your Child to death, in the name of Discipline? Absolutely not.

This is where people like Pastor Oyedepo need counselling.
Even the Bible asks us to "Be angry, but DO NOT SIN".
What this means is that yo must exercise a lot of SELF CONTROL, when someone or something makes you angry (like a student misbehaving).
This is why flogging was abolished in Schools and in all of the Western World, because most Parents are not matured enough to KNOW WHEN TO STOP the caning.
They would cane and cane (and some 'Teachers' even derive some sadistic pleasure from inflicting pain on others) until serious injury on death is inflicted on the person they are correcting.

Pastor Oyedepo may mean well for his students but someone needs to CAUTION HIM.
And dont tell me that he is above caution because no one is above making mistakes.

With MUCH POWER, comes MUCH RESPONSIBILITY.
The way he talks and carries himself, one can easily see that he is intoxicated with Power, just like most Pastors and People in Authority. ironically, their Children usually turn out worse than the Children of others they flex muscle on.

Parents who inflict excessive punishment on their Children would tell you that it gets to a point when the Child becomes "hardened and immune" to further pain and it does not guarantee a better Child, than that of a Parent who just scolds their child.
Children are not the same, some will hearken to instruction, just when you shout at them, others needs their ears to be pulled and others need some level of 'loving caning'.

But one thing l have learnt in life is that "Punishment without After-Counselling", is USELESS.
When you flog a Child (after repeated admonition to desist from some bad behaviour), you must call that child back IN LOVE,, explain to him how YOU felt bad about flogging him and why you dont take delight in flogging him (That is how they see you!) and that you are only after his well-being and that you just want him to understand your motive for the flogging, cuddle him, bring him back into your confidence and ask him to promise you that there wont be a repeat of the event that led to the flogging.
That is when the punishment has the desired impact and the child will not want to lose the trust you have in him.

When Oyedepo expels a final year student for ANY behaviour, WHO LATER COMMITS SUICIDE, he has destroyed the life of that student and his Punishment is overboard and not done in love. He is like the father who flogs his child to death, he should go to jail.
When he lay CURSES on Students who do wrong or something as simple as not bringing their bible to the Assembly, he is showing Tyranny!
He is abusing his authority and has become a Human Monster.

Jesus said: Let the little ones come unto me, do not hinder them.
How would Pastor Oyedepo counsel that Child he laid a Curse on or the one he expelled in his final year?
You dont throw away the baby with the bath water and if we should all begin to scratch our skin the way we feel the scratch, we would scratch to the bones (Proverb).

I hope the Pastor will read all his public criticisms and see them with the right attitude: A need for him to review his tyrannical behaviour, be a better person and train those students in a "balanced manner" that shows love.

We must not mix-up Tyranny, Abuse of Power, Sadistic tendency, ........... with Correction and Proper Training, for good Upbringing.
Just imagine if Pastor Oyedepo was a "SARS Officer"! He would be worse than that Achueze SARS officer who kills people anyhow.
That is what and how Absolute Power ABSOLUTELY CORRUPTS the Powerful person.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Gerrard59(m): 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
Horrible stories embarassed

The school cannot be a top 100 school (which is Oyedepo's target) with such anomalies. Ain't possible.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Akalia(m): 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:

Olodo! That is what we are saying; spoilt rat! You were born without iota of morality. Did the school just decided to expel you? Why did you choosed to be disobedient child? Is it not the same rules and regulations that are their for all other students like you to obey?

Why did you do otherwise and choosed to be Judas Iscariot instead while other students obeyed simple rules that became torn in your own flesh? If they lack morality in your own home and your parents failed to teach or show you morality; and you grow up to see abnormality as normallity; sorry, CU will have to do extra work to bring morality to your senses.

If you don't want discipline, do the right thing like other well behaved students or tell your parents to withdraw you to where they lack displine. Church can't compromise standard because of over spoilt child like you. Ordinarily in UI, which is a federal university, a final year was asked to repeat a year for wearing jeans (and not corporate dressing) during his final defense and nobody changed it.

Discipline is not the end of life, is to make you come out as better person if you change your way for better, otherwise, you harvest the opposite later or sooner, then, you will understand better why they don't want you to choose way of perdition
You lack decorum and emotional intelligence and that is why you are quick to brandish verbal abuses on anyone who upholds an opinion contrary to yours. It's a free world, come on, adjust to tolerating the views of others rather than proving to be one repulsive bigot.

Well, my take on the subject is that the authority instituted in virtually all the Christian religion founded higher institutions across Nigeria is most often than not overzealous in enforcing moral conducts on students, which is not idealistic because it instills fear, and inhibits a healthy social skill development in students. I attended father edeh's myself same as my younger sibling and I am grateful that we graduated without being victimized by the system in place at the time. My 1cent.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by sreamsense: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2020
LifePortConnect:

I beg to disagree with you. There's a way you discipline students, especially those in higher institution that will make them submit to instructions not by being forceful.

Place yourself in the shoes of the parents of students who were expelled because they didn't show up with their Bibles ( according to the above). How would you feel? That may have been part of the rules but couldn't there be other disciplinary action instead of expulsion? Was it explicitly stated in the rules that a student would be expelled for not going to the chapel with a Bible?

You're being overly insultive here in a bid to defend him. You even went as far as insulting their parents as lacking morality. That's so out of line Bro. He might have good intentions but his actions, if true, were clearly excessive.
Even Jesus who shed His blood doesn't act like that if not we all would have been Christians by now though in a zombie manner.

You clearly do not understand how mentally damaging these actions are even if done by a parent.

Some of these students would never want to hear anything about Jesus again. That is not what Jesus would want. He wants men drawn to Him with love not away from Him.

I know no one is perfect and he may genuinely believe that he could get them to Christ like that but from these 'call-outs', did it work that way?

May the Lord help us all as Christians to represent Him in love at all times as He did for us. It may seem difficult with teenagers especially but we receive wisdom.

You should have shown us practical examples of ways you have used personally on how to descipline students and not just talking theory here. Talking is cheap, everybody can talk. Show us practical example of how successfully you have trained your children morally first for better society before you talk of another children here. If you want to leave in "Rome", you must learn how to obey Roman laws and regulations.

You will not teach Roman how to adjust their laws to favor you because they never forced you to leave with them. Private schools can take any law to be 'Capital punishement'; going to CU, you know you are going to church's owned school, not going with your Bible to chapel (as you do carelessly at home in the presence of your parents when going to churches) will never be tolerated.

They can decide to make it their capital punishement', you will not be the one to dictate to them not to make it capital punishement'. Their laws were read to your ears when you entered if you can not abide, leave, they never forced you. Go to where they allow it if that is your problem, CU is a church based, it can not compromise standard because you want what you called freedom.

Why do you have to disobey the same laws that many others in your class abide by? It means you have problem and if it is not corrected on time, it may become a disaster for you. Imagine somebody stealing N10 pure water instead of begging the owner, CU is trying to correct the person the assignment his/her family members failed to teach him; they are here ranting is wickedness because of N10 pure water.

The day he/she steals the same N10 pure water in public, he may be meted with jungle Justice that may lead to his/her death. Problem is not weather CU expel you because of pure water, the problem is why did you have to steal what doesn't belong to you irrespective of weather it is small or not?
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Kayouzka(m): 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:

Some mistakes are fatal, one may not be alive to learn from them not to talk of growing from them. Is better atimes to learn from experience of others guilding you into right life experiences. God himself wants people to obey their parents, elders and authority. Somebody that ignores teaching from homes, schools and elders not to steal what doesn't belong to him no matter how small; he/she may not leave to learn from his/her own practical experience the day he/she is meted with jungle Justice in public place for stealing N10 pure water in the market

Yes mistakes could be fatal. But it left for those in question to discern. Correct, assist, advise, it is left for one to choose his or her choice then face the consequences. Don't quote me wrong freedom just like the law has clauses, no one is too free to handicap others of there freedom. That is why they say " live and let live" that is the golden rule.
Humans are very diverse and I see no reasons why activities such as makeup, tattoo etc should be a problem, life is like water it takes only the shape of the object you put it in ( it is fluid). Authoritative repressive regimes start by enforcing there so called "how it should be" that is where the problem start because humans are more stubborn than goats and diverse so the golden rule stands " live and let others live".
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by riczy(m): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2020
How wish u wer able to gain admission in a public university u won't b here abusing a man carrying oil.
my advice: Give ur wards good academic foundation so dt they cn study in a govt owned institution which isn't a correctional center!
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Martinez39s(m): 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2020
sweetmelanin:
I will never forget how he slapped that girl because she said "I wish for Jesus" while in his barbaric mind he heard "I witch for Jesus" smh... I remember discussing with my cousin back then who defended him with his life and we fell out bitterly over that issue.

Few years later, that same cousin got expelled from Covenant uni in his final year over a trivial issue! All the money spent on school fees wasted. He had to start from scratch at another university.

This experience made him hate Nigerian-christianity ... he's borderline atheist now.

Nigerian pastors are demi-Gods who can do no wrong in the eyes of their congregation. Wicked and arrogant to the core!
What was your cousin's offence? Hope he wasn't suicidal? It serves your cousin right. People who refuse to show sympathy for others deserve to be at the receiving end of the oppressor they defend. Imagine what the little girl who was slapped would have felt that day and how the experience would have impacted her. Since many people are fooliśh to the core, insensitive and stùpid, it takes experience for them to have sympathy and compassion for others.

I hope the people on this thread who are a blind defenders of Bishop OLEdepo will be taught similar lessons.

4 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by sreamsense: 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2020
Excuzeme:

With all your noise about "morality", you still have to be the first to insult his parents?
I that how far all the "Slaps and Curses" in C.U trained you ? undecided

You have been all over the place cursing and screaming at anyone with a contrary opinion, as if Pastor Oyedepo paid you to come here and defend him (I know most Religious Fanatics and Zombies dont need to be paid, before they act out their mental defects) but your own deserves special commentary. grin
Pot, calling the Kettle, Black!

Your real moniker "Excuzeme, you are a fool!" is really working for you. I would n't need to ask you how long you have been in that foolishness! Who is teaching you morality here? The morality your home failed to teach you, school failed to teach you and religion places failed to teach you or even accept for years, you think you can receive it on faceless forum on just one post? He was being answered accordingly based on his post and your own moniker even compounded the foolishness.

It came to a point when Jesus chased those selling and buying in the temple because they didn't need gentleman approach at that moment. This is a faceless forum, I never mentioned real surname or first name like Okoye Pius, Kunle Johnson here, ' parent is common name', the person you are talking to do you even know the person face-to-face?

If you are deceived at home by not teaching you common sense that is valuable to all of us in the society, you don't expect gentleman response to some silly posts here before they spoil society for us all.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by LifePortConnect: 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:

You should have shown us practical examples of ways you have used personally on how to descipline students and not just talking theory here. Talking is cheap, everybody can talk. Show us practical example of how successfully you have trained your children morally first for better society before you talk of another children here. If you want to leave in "Rome", you must learn how to obey Roman laws and regulations.

You will not teach Roman how to adjust their laws to favor you because they never forced you to leave with them. Private schools can take any law to be 'Capital punishement'; going to CU, you know you are going to church's owned school, not going with your Bible to chapel (as you do carelessly at home in the presence of your parents when going to churches) will never be tolerated.

They can decide to make it their capital punishement', you will not be the one to dictate to them not to make it capital punishement'. Their laws were read to your ears when you entered if you can not abide, leave, they never forced you. Go to where they allow it if that is your problem, CU is a church based, it can not compromise standard because you want what you called freedom.

Why do you have to disobey the same laws that many others in your class abide by? It means you have problem and if it is not corrected on time, it may become a disaster for you. Imagine somebody stealing N10 pure water instead of begging the owner, CU is trying to correct the person the assignment his/her family members failed to teach him; they are here ranting is wickedness because of N10 pure water.

The day he/she steals the same N10 pure water in public, he may be meted with jungle Justice that may lead to his/her death. Problem is not weather CU expel you because of pure water, the problem is why did you have to steal what doesn't belong to you irrespective of weather it is small or not?

Learn to address issues raised. Stop personalizing issues.

With the above, I wonder what would have been your reactions if you were in the place of Jesus when they brought the adulterous woman, encounter with the Samaritan woman or even with Peter that denied Him.

If Jesus were to always issue 'capital punishment' for our sins, how many would be left standing?

Now concerning the theft of sachet water, as much as I agree that stealing is outrightly wrong, how does laying curses help the student become better in the society?

It's a problem when you forcefully try to change people from without. Jesus worked on transformation from within. It is more effective and lasts.

The foundation for every Christian institution should be love even in discipline. Consider the secondary schools established by missionaries in the late 50's and early 60's, they were disciplined but they loved the students. Go and ask those who attended those schools at the time. The discipline was at par with the offense.

I read above where a former student stated that some of them committed suicide due to the excessive discipline. Oh! How sad. This is part of the mental health effect I mentioned earlier. Some others do not go to this extent but suffer in other ways.

I understand that his intention may be good but these extreme methods of discipline is clearly not working. Since you're a spokesman for the organization here, I'll advise that you relay these and get experts in human behaviour and engage the Jesus principles to draft laws that will indeed be effective to a larger number rather than a few who are just obeying out of fear of having the sledge hammer on the head.

May the Lord help us all.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by sreamsense: 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2020
AkupeMBANO:

shut up. you be fool

It takes many years of experience in foolishness to identify one. I wouldn't need to ask you again how long you have being into foolishness. Sorry, this post is not for you at moment because you lack wisdom to comprehend the message. Let remaining wise person in your family read and interprete to you; once your foolishness disappears or reduces, come back here and comment. Nairaland is here waiting for you!
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Hassanmaye(m): 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
hashtagged:

Shut up like I would listen to a person who is a puppet controlled by fake pastors. Go and read your Bible and stop following pastors yansh
grin grin grin
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by BadBradley: 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:

...And you who know how to run university; why can't you float your own university and show us practical of how you will run your own well? Go back to work, work harder, raise money and setup your own university successfully first before coming back here to tell us your own success story. Theory is different from practical! You are still talking from poor man mentality. If wishes are riches, all beggars will ride best cars before night today

Show us how you train well your own children first in moralities (to be a blessing to society) before you even come here to talk about university administration. Many people who can not even raised their children well in moralities for better society will come here to talk and teach someone who has been a symbol of success and blessing to others around the world in his own way.

As few waywords are complaining, uncountable numbers of students are thanking God for helping them to pass through CU and now blessing to societies in their working places, private establishments, political space etc in moral, intelligence and characters. Those small percentage complaining are Judas Iscariots who became unturned cake at homes, schools and religion places after several attempts to repackage them for better society failed

I stopped at the first line and psychoanalyzed you as a complete waste of procreation and a spiritual zombie.

African pastors,most of them, can't decipher the difference between authority and power. They expect the same faith-based (blind) followership they enjoy amongst their members in churches to materialise even when they run a firm or company that is governed by statutes and secular rules. It doesn't mix.

But human waste like you can't see or know even if the facts were dangling in your Oyedepo-tuned nose!

Bold fool!

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by sreamsense: 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
LifePortConnect:

Learn to address issues raised. Stop personalizing issues.

With the above, I wonder what would have been your reactions if you were in the place of Jesus when they brought the adulterous woman, encounter with the Samaritan woman or even with Peter that denied Him.

If Jesus were to always issue 'capital punishment' for our sins, how many would be left standing?

Now concerning the theft of sachet water, as much as I agree that stealing is outrightly wrong, how does laying curses help the student become better in the society?

It's a problem when you forcefully try to change people from without. Jesus worked on transformation from within. It is more effective and lasts.

The foundation for every Christian institution should be love even in discipline. Consider the secondary schools established by missionaries in the late 50's and early 60's, they were disciplined but they loved the students. Go and ask those who attended those schools at the time. The discipline was at par with the offense.

I read above where a former student stated that some of them committed suicide due to the excessive discipline. Oh! How sad. This is part of the mental health effect I mentioned earlier. Some others do not go to this extent but suffer in other ways.

I understand that his intention may be good but these extreme methods of discipline is clearly not working. Since you're a spokesman for the organization here, I'll advise that you relay these and get experts in human behaviour and engage the Jesus principles to draft laws that will indeed be effective to a larger number rather than a few who are just obeying out of fear of having the sledge hammer on the head.

May the Lord help us all.

I should stop personalizing but you are quoting one person here. I have told you to come out with your own practical example and stop talking theory. Why is it that only people you see and have as friends are the one talking negatively about CU? Show me your friend and I will know whom you are! Like you, like your friend! You have lots of people with positive testimonies more than negative ones, yet only negative friends move with you.

Is something not questionable about your character? Anyway, to avoid being punished or what appear to you as curse, do one thing. Obey! Don't teach them what they should do or not, rather, adjust to their systems or tell your parents to change your school to non-desplineary schools . If you want to leave in Rome, learn to obey Roman laws and regulations, and don't expect Roman to change their laws to suit you.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by BadBradley: 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:

I should stop personalizing but you are quoting one person here. I have told you to come out with your own practical example and stop talking theory. Why is it that only people you see and have as friends are the one talking negatively about CU? Show me your friend and I will know whom you are! Like you, like your friend! You have lots of people with positive testimonies more than negative ones, yet only negative friends move with you.

Is something not questionable about your character? Anyway, to avoid being punished or what appear to you as curse, do one thing. Obey! Don't teach them what they should do or not, rather, adjust to their systems or tell your parents to change your school to non-despline schools . If you want to leave in Rome, learn to obey Roman laws and regulations, and don't expect Roman to change their laws to suit you.
this directionless waste of sperm thinks he's making a point.

Are you senile or stupid or both?
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:

Sorry! Problem is not about morality of older generation. Exact problem can be traced to your father and mother who should have prevented you with condom when they know they do not have enough morality left to raise you as good chap. Dish your blame to them! Your problem is because you can't even see a single person left in your family to learn morality from. So, pathetic! And abuse of social media and entertainment have made your situation worse.

I can sense your frustration and pain...just look at the bile you are spitting over such a simple issue.

Calm down...

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Hassanmaye(m): 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
Samysearch:

Are u talking about Islamic sharia or the sharia of the western media.
Read about sharia first to see if u can critique it. The western media spread evil tales about Islamic sharia & expectedly, some gullible bigots swallow it hook line & sinkers.

Sharia represent fairness to which people have when dealing with one another.

It demand that u are truthful & not to give false testimony.

It encouraged love for humanity.

It recommended that a criminal be punishment appropriately to serve as deterrent to others.

Only criminally inclined mindset with hate the sharia
May Allah bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Laspotech 2012/2013 Post Utme Admission / Certificates: If You Still Have These 2 Things Intact, You're Indeed A Keeper / UNIUYO Student Buries Mum On Friday, Killed By Roommate On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.