Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? (2918 Views)

Christmas In Nigerian Languages: Cultural Diversity / How Many Nigerian Languages Can You Speak? / How To Identify The 3 Major Nigerian Tribes (by B.O.E.) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by seyi360(m): 11:51am On Dec 16, 2020
Knowledge of a language can make a lot of difference and save your day at critical moments.
People tend to hobbnob with those who share the same language with them .
To avoid been discriminated against in Nigeria, what Nigerian language would you rather learn first before considering others?
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by richmondefosa(m): 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2020
I am an Edo man.
Born and brought up in Lagos but schooled in Benin
I would love to learn the Igbo language. My love for the Igbo race precedes a time i can't even remember. It influenced my decision when it was time for NYSC. I learnt the language a bit there. I would really love to be fluent in it.

4 Likes

Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Edeyoung: 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2020
I love to learn the bini languages tho am a Yoruba ondo man, i feel bini is were my ancestors really came from

4 Likes

Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by seyi360(m): 6:34pm On Dec 16, 2020
I would love to learn Hausa language as a Westerner. Most of my fellow Southerners can communicate in English , but the guys from North are on a different level. To have it smooth with them, you got to roll in their language.

Yaya de aiki. - means " Well done"
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 17, 2020
Let's see...

None of them. sad

Unfortunately, I have always been poor at picking up or learning to speak new languages. So, I don't really bother with stressing myself a lot.

So, if you want to 'discriminate' against me simply because I can't speak your language then... BMG.

But I kind of like them Efik/Ibibio/ and what do you call'em...? smiley The energy behind those languages, man... kudos to all native speakers.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Edeyoung: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2020
seyi360:
I would love to learn Hausa language as a Westerner. Most of my fellow Southerners can communicate in English , but the guys from North are on a different level. To have it smooth with them, you got to roll in their language.

Yorubas loves fulani people ehnn, y not learn igbo here in the south
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by seyi360(m): 10:55am On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

Yorubas loves fulani people ehnn, y not learn igbo here in the south

Not necessarily, it's simply logical for me to know how to blend with the Northerners as a Southerner.
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Edeyoung: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2020
seyi360:

Not necessarily, it's simply logical for me to know how to blend with the Northerners as a Southerner.

Finding how to blend with a northerner, nawa
Ooh, u don blend southerners finsh

Why yoruba people always dey drag our leg go meet northerners

Masters and slave

If you learn igbo, edo, calabar here in the south na bad thing

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by LukasPodolski: 11:18am On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

Finding how to blend with a northerner, nawa
Ooh, u don blend southerners finsh

Masters and slave

what is your problem?

he said he prefers learning Hausa to ibo, why can't you respect his choice?

is it by force to learn ibo? anyone can learn whatever he/she likes, be it German, French, Efik, fulani, Ibibio, Tiv etcetera.

as a Yorubaman, I'm not planning to learn a second local language, because I don't need it, I only understand English and Yoruba, this is my choice, and I expect people to respect my idea.

please act like a sensible fellow.

too many dumb fools on this forum, gosh.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by LukasPodolski: 11:20am On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

Finding how to blend with a northerner, nawa Ooh, u don blend southerners finsh
Masters and slave
and lastly, stop hiding under Yoruba, you ain't one.
and I don't care wherever you come from.
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Fvckhypocrite(f): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2020
Me i be yoruba i sabi hausa na igbo remain naw

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Fvckhypocrite(f): 11:25am On Dec 17, 2020
seyi360:

In correct
Sunu means well done
Da kyau! - also means well done
Or yayi kyau!
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by LukasPodolski: 11:33am On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:
I love to learn the bini languages tho am a Yoruba ondo man, i feel bini is were my ancestors really came from
Here is your profile showing that you're from Edo, you're an edoman claiming Ondo.

Probably, you're a middle aged man, with grown up kids, but behaving like toddlers on the internet.

Why do people behave like primary school kids on social media?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Edeyoung: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

what is your problem?

he said he prefers learning Hausa to ibo, why can't you respect his choice?

is it by force to learn ibo? anyone can learn whatever he/she likes, be it German, French, Efik, fulani, Ibibio, Tiv etcetera.

as a Yorubaman, I'm not planning to learn a second local language, because I don't need it, I only understand English and Yoruba, this is my choice, and I expect people to respect my idea.

please act like a sensible fellow.

too many dumb fools on this forum, gosh.

My question is not centered to him only to all yorubas who are so kin to northerners i dont know why our people so love Northern who dont even see us as brother's

We are finding difficultties to unite with other southerners but here we are lobbying the north who are endegering our people

How long will yoruba continue like this, is it a curse for us
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Edeyoung: 11:36am On Dec 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Here is your profile showing that you're from Edo, you're an edoman claiming Ondo.

Probably, you're a middle aged man, with grown up kids, but behaving like toddlers on the internet.

Why do people behave like primary school kids on social media?

Am from ondo, my families were originally from benin, so i identify with my heritage

Both of my heritage to be precise....
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by LukasPodolski: 11:43am On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

My question is not centered to him only to all yorubas who are so kin to northerners i dont know why our people so love Northern who dont even see us as brother's

We are finding difficultties to unite with other southerners but here we are lobbying the north who are endegering our people

You're still saying nonsense.

Yorubaland are so kin on Northerners? I don't understand can you explain this to me?

there is nothing like Southern Nigeria unity, SW which is home to Yoruba people is entirely different from SE and SS.
Yoruba is a different and unique ethnic group, we have nothing in common with Ibos in SE and SS Minorities. do we?
likewise the Fulanis and Hausas up north, we don't have anything in common.

why are you obsessed?

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by LukasPodolski: 11:44am On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

And who is proposed Southern Nigeria uniting to fight against?
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Edeyoung: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

You're still saying nonsense.

Yorubaland are so kin on Northerners? I don't understand can you explain this to me?

there is nothing like Southern Nigeria unity, SW which is home to Yoruba people is entirely different from SE and SS.
Yoruba is a different and unique ethnic group, we have nothing in common with Ibos in SE and SS Minorities. do we?
likewise the Fulanis and Hausas up north, we don't have anything in common.

why are you obsessed?

We yoruba have, am yoruba myself we would rather lobby with a northern than befriend a southerner, we so much love them for no reasons

That's why most times i rather align with my edo heritage than that of my yoruba heritage

I hate it when we befriend those northerners

If i was from another tribe and i heard you speaking i would believe you once, because of my little knowledge, but am yoruba myself and i see it glaring particularly the muslim yoruba who would side a northern than is own yoruba people

A nilo yorubaas lati yipada
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Edeyoung: 11:51am On Dec 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

And who is proposed Southern Nigeria uniting to fight against?

Who is talking of fighting, even if we have to fight the north our yoruba people will sell us out and endanger the rest tribes
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by LukasPodolski: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

We yoruba have, am yoruba myself we would rather lobby with s northern than befriend a southerner, we so much love them

Thsts why most times i rather align with my edo heritage than that of my yoruba heritage

If i was from another tribe and i heard you speaking i would believe you ones, because of my little knowledge, but am yoruba myself and i see it glaring particularly the muslim yoruba who would side a northern than is own yoruba people

Firstly, Etinosa1234 , valirex , gregyboy , why is your brother not proud of his Bini heritage? could that be because of what Bini is known for? I mean, Witchcraft, Prostitution (both local and international), ilegal migration? what?

secondly, how many times did Yorubas vote for a northern candidate over a southern candidate? just once, and that's was in 2015.

while the duo of SS and SE voted for a northern candidate over a SW Candidate 3 times.

Twice against Awolowo
once against MKO Abiola.

that's 3 against 1... hahaha

but this degenerate born of a wh*re Bini mother thinks Yorubas who only voted for a northerner against Southerner candidate ONCE, Are more of a slave than them that does the same 3 TIMES.

Interesting.
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by LukasPodolski: 12:05pm On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

We yoruba have, am yoruba myself we would rather lobby with a northern than befriend a southerner, we so much love them for no reasons

That's why most times i rather align with my edo heritage than that of my yoruba heritage

If i was from another tribe and i heard you speaking i would believe you once, because of my little knowledge, but am yoruba myself and i see it glaring particularly the muslim yoruba who would side a northern than is own yoruba people

Attached is a table showing Yoruba and ibo/SS voting pattern since Independence, but one Edo foolish boy who probably got deported from Sicily, Italy is talking trash.

The Yorubas have always being in opposition, until 2015.

Obasanjo wasn't Yoruba preferred candidate, PA Olu Falae was the preferred candidate, they voted against Olu Falae.
Apparently, the only time Yorubas were in the centre government was 2015-- till now.

Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Fvckhypocrite(f): 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

stop displaying your stupidity here u this man

Sammy07
Myhusband

Your attention is urgently needed
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

Tao11/TAO12 come see wonders oooooo grin grin
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Edeyoung: 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Firstly, Etinosa1234 , valirex , gregyboy , why is your brother not proud of his Bini heritage? could that be because of what Bini is known for? I mean, Witchcraft, Prostitution (both local and international), ilegal migration? what?

secondly, how many times did Yorubas voted for a northern candidate over a southern candidate? just once, and that's was in 2015.

while the duo of SS and SE voted for a northern candidate over a SW Candidate 3 times.

Twice against Awolowo
once against MKO Abiola.

but this degenerate born of a wh*re Bini mother thinks Yorubas who only voted for a northerner against Southerner candidate ONCE, Are more of a slave than them that does the same 3 TIMES.

Interesting.

Skul miners you still have the audacity to call edos prostitute with your dirty women

Cooking near gutters and letting their children shit close to were they cook

And yet with all these sins you have in your culture against humanity you still have mouth to call out edo

You dont want to mess with an ikale man that i am

We should vote for awolowo who oppressed fellow Southerners tribe, edo and Delta for how many years, even attempting to yorubanise them

Do you know how many times we yoruba have voted for the north

How our yoruba people in kwara aligned with fulanis in kwara to stop the yoruba governor from removing the emir stool

How yorubas voted out a southern for a northern 2015 and the last general election were ekiti, osun and ondo voted for buhari despite the outcry on fulani invasion in the west

We yorubas are better than this, we yorubas are not coward to the north

I would embrace my yoruba and edo heritage and i will openly corret anyone who is wrong openly

God bless Yoruba and edo people with all southerners

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by valirex: 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

secondly, how many times did Yorubas voted for a northern candidate over a southern candidate? just once, and that's was in 2015.

Twice against Awolowo
once against MKO Abiola.

Interesting.

I was gonna put this nonentity in his place till I realised it was a stray dog whose English is so bad and pathetic undecided
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

Skul miners you still have the audacity to call edos prostitute with your dirty women

Cooking near gutters and letting their children shit close to were they cook

And yet with all these sins you have in your culture against humanity you still have mouth to call out edo

You dont want to mess with an ikale man that i am

We should vote for awolowo who oppressed fellow Southerners tribe, edo and Delta for how many years, even attempting to yorubanise them

Do you know how many times we yoruba have voted for the north

How our yoruba people in kwara aligned with fulanis in kwara to stop the yoruba governor from removing the emir stool

How yorubas voted out a southern for a northern 2015 and the last general election were ekiti, osun and ondo voted for buhari despite the outcry on fulani invasion in the west

We yorubas are better than this, we yorubas are not coward to the north

I would embrace my yoruba and edo heritage and i will openly corret anyone who is wrong openly

God bless Yoruba and edo people with all southerners
Be proud of your Edo heritage oga.
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Edeyoung: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Attached is a table showing Yoruba and ibo/SS voting pattern since Independence, but one Edo foolish boy who probably got deported from Sicily, Italy is talking trash.

The Yorubas have always being in opposition, until 2015.

Obasanjo wasn't Yoruba preferred candidate, PA Olu Falae was the preferred candidate, they voted against Olu Falae.
Apparently, the only time Yorubas were in the centre government was 2015-- till now.

Nonsense list, the person who made that list is a biast,

is it only east that is in the south...? I guess not

How many times have the yorubas voted for the east for presidency or even a south south person if not for luck goodluck succeeded yaradua, i bet ss would still not have presidency till datw, when it matter most you yorubas voted him out, for a northern man, so that 2023,will be yorubas

i can count how many times ibos voted for Yoruba presidency, but the other way round is zero

When i saw tafawa balewa on the list i laughed at your screenshot, why was there even a coup if east voted tafawa balewa like your list claim ,

The coup was plotted by the eastern people because they felt tafawa didn't deserve the seat and here you are bringing rubbish list

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by gregyboy(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
I dont do politics please these is a Yoruba issues

Why mentioning me

Edeyong is yoruba and not fully edo
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by LukasPodolski: 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
valirex:

I was gonna put this nonentity in his place till I realised it was a stray dog whose English is so bad and pathetic undecided
lmao, Baba face the subject under discussion.
even a machine cannot be 100% efficient.

"I was gonna" indeed.
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Etinosa1234: 12:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

secondly, how many times did Yorubas vote for a northern candidate over a southern candidate? just once, and that's was in 2015.

Twice against Awolowo
once against MKO Abiola.

Interesting.

Why aren't u also proud of ur skull mining, ritualist, prostitution, agbero heritage?

The fact that u know that crime is in every tribe but u prefer to attach it to Benin shows how foolish u and ur tribe is

Stop mentioning me for the stupid things u partake in
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by Edeyoung: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
gomojam:
Be proud of your Edo heritage oga.

I am so as my yoruba heritage which you deniel me off
Re: Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? by LukasPodolski: 12:48pm On Dec 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

Nonsense list, the person who made that list is a biast,

is it only east that is in the south...? I guess not

How many times have the yorubas voted for the east for presidency or even a south south person if not for luck goodluck succeeded yaradua, i bet ss would still not have presidency till datw, when it matter most you yorubas voted him out, for a northern man, so that 2023,will be yorubas

i can count how many times ibos voted for Yoruba presidency, but the other way round is zero

When i saw tafawa balewa on the list i laughed at your screenshot, why was there even a coup if east voted tafawa balewa like your list claim ,

The coup was plotted by the eastern people because they felt tafawa didn't deserve the seat and here you are bringing rubbish list
so the ibos/ SS were right to vote against Awolowo twice and MKO Abiola once, but Yorubas are slaves for voting against Goodluck Jonathan once..

wonderful.

bye bye

Apology to Mr seyi360 , this thread looks promising but was hijacked by a fool, though I played a part in it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo State- My People, Lets Meet / The Moment Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos Greet Each Other At Tinubu Colloquium / Moving Objects In Your Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.