Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3288274 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (3640) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sailor1:

By withdrawing do you mean selling into naira? In that case, you can do it on Luno as the charges though higher than the rest are negligible.

You hold the final decision on when to sell.
I'd say it depends on your entry point and target.
What was your entry point in USD?

As an advise, it's seems ready to break its ATH price soon. I'm not a fan of selling soon after that moreso in a bull market. It's currently accelerating, so I'd advise to hold on and see what the market does over the week. If it makes a significant move up, you can take some profits and observe.

I've outlined here how I plan to trade coins who have broke ATH. I've got some Eith and I'm not planning on selling soon except I see a clear change in market trend. That said, I monitor the market more closely.

If betece holds and it seems it would, then Eith could easily reach 2000 usd in a few weeks

I agree with your POV on this Sailor... Eith hit its all time high today and would more than likely surpass expectations over the next couple weeks
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
Anowax:
Yes it is, actually.

Again this all depends on what you mean by charges and if you know what you’re doing... I do not pay charges when I trade my coins on Luno, I actually only use Binance when I’m trading coins that aren’t available on Luno. Only charges I’ve ever paid or will ever continue to pay is my 200 withdrawal charge... I however hardly deposit using Luno, but when I do, my charges are btw 300-2k dependent on how much I’m loading... I don’t mind cuz I’m trading block
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
Weirdgee:
withdraw the little profit u have made and leave ur initial capital

Smart Man

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 12:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sailor1:

Of course... That's the main essense of creepto. You can potentially transfer any sum from one part of the world to another in minutes at almost zero fee

You can transfer coins from your account on one exchange to another and sell into fiat. Just make sure you select the right coin and 'copy and paste' the wallet address. Some exchanges charge a small fee for deposits, withdrawal or both.
If it's your first time, you can first transfer a small part initially and see how it goes. Another option you could try is Bundle Africa- much faster and easy app to use though binance offers slightly just better rates.

In the past, when there's high volatility on eith and the price on luno is lagging (cos of it's low liquidity), I used to market buy on luno (despite the higher fee), transfer to binance and sell for profit. Not done that in a while

I agree the liquidity is low but I love Luno cuz it allows me manipulate the price, if the highest order to buy is (pls allow me use Lt as ref cuz of minimal figures) 67,800 and the highest sell order is 70,000, and I have a lot of LT to dispose, all I have to do is set a buy order for a small amount at 68,400 & another for 69,600, the median price would move up on Luno to 69,500 or thereabout, allowing me to dispose of all I have at 69,800 or more.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sailor1:

Good profits if traded.
Personally, I'm not a fan of holding microcaps or for too long. They can go from 0 to 100 and back to zero. I take profits or flip into betece. There are still some few exceptions though but I consider them higher risk than mid and major caps as they are extremely volatile and are easily used for pump and dump scams.

I agree I never hold micro caps beyond a day, I set a small target when I see an uprise and cash out immediately I reach it (typically 2%) although Dot did great for me recently as well as a few others
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 12:36pm On Jan 19, 2021
FlyHeight:

I agree with your POV on this Sailor... Eith hit its all time high today and would more than likely surpass expectations over the next couple weeks
The fact that the market is calm and waiting for a break and also Eith is sucking up all other altys and even betece strengthens my conviction on this move. If it breaks it, then brother the party begins. I have been waiting for this for over a month

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sailor1:
Eith seems intent on breaking ATH...
Profits I rolled from dot into eith getting bigger
After a break od ATH should come the real excitement.... We would get a proper alt season afterall..

My advice to folks is simple, don't jump on every moving train. Preferably stick to a few sensible projects, take good profits on the way up and add on dips. If played properly, one can easily x2 their portfolio.
Dont hop on a coin that has done 100% in a week, wait for retraces.

True, but I think if one has the balls and the capital, they could easily cash in on the uprise in and out, more like a hit and run...

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 12:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sailor1:

The fact that the market is calm and waiting for a break and also Eith is sucking up all other altys and even betece strengthens my conviction on this move. If it breaks it, then brother the party begins. I have been waiting for this for over a month

I have real love for eith cuz I feel it’s a lot more secure based on volatility than betece . I probably have more faith in it than the latter
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 12:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
FlyHeight:

True, but I think if one has the balls and the capital, they could easily cash in on the uprise in and out, more like a hit and run...

Yeah if you have the skill.
I switched half of my dot profits into eith and once eith settles, I'd move some of my eith profits into link, ada and ren as those should follow ferociously.

But most times, those who buy and hold outperform most traders in the long run

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 12:43pm On Jan 19, 2021
TheZebra:

Bro please i beg u in the name of God, can you please explain something to me?
Did u make a one time withdrawal that exceeded your 200k limit, or you made several withdrawals that exceeded the 200k limit, cos i have more than 200k and I'm confused on how to withdraw

Before initiating withdrawals on Luno always verify your Acct at least to the second level, at the third level there’s no limits on withdrawals, and it’s almost immediate... I withdraw tens of Ms monthly and I’ve never been locked out

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2021
FlyHeight:

I have real love for eith cuz I feel it’s a lot more secure based on volatility than betece . I probably have more faith in it than the latter

People get carried away but betece but forget eith has outperformed it over the last year. I trade my alts to accumulate more eith and fiat

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sailor1:

Yeah if you have the skill.
I switched half of my dot profits into eith and once eith settles, I'd move some of my eith profits into link, ada and ren as those should follow ferociously.

But most times, those who buy and hold outperform most traders in the long run

Yes most of hold outperform day traders and that’s cuz most people who claim to be day traders do panic sales and buys... And trade based on hope, I used to hold heavily until 2018, I started day trading in 2018, and it’s worked a lot better than holding; but then again I’m naturally a gambler and a risk taker & I play poker... I prefer picking my 1-2% daily and whenever there’s a major uprising i grab as much as I can. I always keep my initial capital in an offline wallet though that enables me ensure i have savings and a back up plan.

I’ve made a lot more of my day trading than of my holdings... then again I also have the time to monitor and the know how... When Mining was a thing, I mined but now it’s not profitable at all, so I stuck to day trading. There’s a racket at the banks that even allows you buy $ at 400 which allows me make close to 15% without even trading, hence why I don’t feel the Luno charges cuz they swap out $ at 481
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 12:50pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sailor1:

People get carried away but betece but forget eith has outperformed it over the last year. I trade my alts to accumulate more eith and fiat

Following boss, you know your sh
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 12:53pm On Jan 19, 2021
FlyHeight:

Yes most of hold outperform day traders and that’s cuz most people who claim to be day traders do panic sales and buys... And trade based on hope, I used to hold heavily until 2018, I started day trading in 2018, and it’s worked a lot better than holding; but then again I’m naturally a gambler and a risk taker & I play poker... I prefer picking my 1-2% daily and whenever there’s a major uprising i grab as much as I can. I always keep my initial capital in an offline wallet though that enables me ensure i have savings and a back up plan.

I’ve made a lot more of my day trading than of my holdings... then again I also have the time to monitor and the know how... When Mining was a thing, I mined but now it’s not profitable at all, so I stuck to day trading. There’s a racket at the banks that even allows you buy $ at 400 which allows me make close to 15% without even trading, hence why I don’t feel the Luno charges cuz they swap out $ at 481

if it works for you, stick to it. You're an old hand.
Its the new folks who want to start with day trading I pity. If you must day trade, you must be sensible while having a heart of stone.

What's this racket in the banks about?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2021
chikay123:

Good day bros, please can you add me up to the WhatsApp group. my contact 08033016256. Thanks.

Boss, it’s not a group oh, I don’t even know how to teach, I was just sharing my own knowledge on how I trade. I simply trade the same way I trade my stocks, my mom was a stockbroker, so I understand a few fundamentals...

I can share tips on when I go into the market and hop out, and why but my methods would only profit people with short term plans, hit and runs
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sailor1:

if it works for you, stick to it. You're an old hand.
Its the new folks who want to start with day trading I pity. If you must day trade, you must be sensible while having a heart of stone.

What's this racket in the banks about?

A number of banks that still allow WU/MG transfers or Dorm accts (you’d have to be an Acct holder) and also sell at CBN rates * Trade Secret EDITTED!!!
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
xammax:

Thanks for this, thanks also to flyheight

Anytime boss, there’s enough fish in this sea for all... Knowledge should be free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:06pm On Jan 19, 2021
DenreleDave:

Pls sir, reply my dm....

I want to learn some things, I don't know if I shud ask here and u explain fully or I shud do it via email..

Pls I beg u sir, kindly reply my mention °°

I am just a guy dt wants to understand how this things work so dt I can do too

Was banned but back on here now, if you still have a question pls holla
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2021
solreb:
You are a serious trader. I trade as well but my target is 12% margin which I have done with polkadoit, ethereum, bitcoin. Perhaps I will adopt a small mrgin o Ripple which I had bought at N127 and have been holding to hit my 12% to offload. I could have done a couple of trips on Rupple in the last 4 dyas had it been I targeted 5 to6% gain. I will adjust and do some plays today.

Today would have generated at least a good 16-20% increase for you no?

Sorry was banned for a while
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by billyG(m): 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2021
FlyHeight:

I’ve been using Luno for over 2 years and that’s never happened to me before... Try contacting support or wait a while and try again or reset your password
Done,will it b profitable to trade NGN agst crypto or fiat?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2021
jedisco:

Hmmm...
If it's profitable for you, then no probs...

Stats say that most 'traders' moreso low tike frame traders loose money.. To day trade successfully, one had to master the art. Most newbies may not be able to.

I trade more on the higher time frames as I believe that's where all the money is made or lost

True, I lost a lot in the beginning before I was able to master it, but then I learnt how to cut my losses and make up for them.

I however still hold quite a bunch of coins offline cuz I believe there’s a lot more for eith and b to come in the next 2 years
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2021
FlyHeight:

A number of banks that still allow WU/MG transfers or Dorm accts (you’d have to be an Acct holder) and also sell at CBN rates (not the ones that require you deposit $ yourself, those who would auto debit you); you’d need to have someone in the states with a verified cry Acct though, you send them 1k @ 390 but I say 400 cuz it’s Nigeria and you have to look out for your people if you want them to keep you happy, your liaison gets it & buys u cry worth 970 the 30 for charges & sends to ur Luno 970 @ 481 (as at yesterday) gets u 466k no trading involved

I don't get.. how do you buy at 390 from the bank. Usee to think those applying for such rates had to be for tavel or other purposes. Please throw more light
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
Ryan03:
pls is this luno app?

Yes sir
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
FlyHeight:

True, I lost a lot in the beginning before I was able to master it, but then I learnt how to cut my losses and make up for them.

I however still hold quite a bunch of coins offline cuz I believe there’s a lot more for eith and b to come in the next 2 years

Yeah, it takes a while.. I'm not suited for day trading...

Not completely sold on this eith move. Alot of degenerate folks are trading with crazy high leverage. In such conditions, the market likes to flush them out.... A significant move usually happens when most are expecting a pullback... But then, its altyz season
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sailor1:

I don't get.. how do you buy at 390 from the bank. Usee to think those applying for such rates had to be for tavel or other purposes. Please throw more light

True it does at some banks, but you know our country, ask the right person in the branch and they’d hook you up... How do you think most of the abokis get it, most of them hoard... I can’t mention the bank names on here cuz I intend to continue exploiting the loophole for a long time and everyone is on Nairaland...

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by billyG(m): 1:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sailor1:

Crossed ATH not just aiming...buy support, sell resistance. Its like buying betece after it crossed 20k and was ranging at 22k. A lot of folks take profit around ATH so once a coyn crosses it and holds, it accelerates quickly

Although alts do not respect levels like betece, ATH would be the heaviest resistance for any coin before accelerating. Its important to buy what has held or flipped that level.

Three options I'm looking at are Link, Ren and Atom. If betece does not dump, I expect them to at least double their current value in the coming weeks. A bit skeptical about Link (though it's the strongest) as everyone seems to have jumped on it. Remember to monitor market conditions before buying and not to FOMO into a green candle.
Will it b profitable to trade NGN agst any crypto or fiats?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
ImpregnaTor:
pls is it OK to invest in at the moment?

Depends on your goals... but in my opinion it’s never too late... Funny thing is I was buying beetc when it was still under $400 for stupid purposes that year, now look where it’s at, this that year wey I Dey talk na 2015 March oh, but thank GOD sha, I saw the light early after my first 2017 jonzing, my parents spent a lot on my education but I have never even written a resume before, I started cry while in second degree & I wish I took d funds & put in cry when my mother asked me if I wanted the funds for business or school. But my annual income since 2018 has been at least 80m a year... no cap...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
BabaGrinz:

That's trading just like FOREX but u can also earn from exchange Asin exchanging bitcoin to etherum and then exchanging the etherum back to bitcoin...but e get format. i guess u dey didn't recommend dat to u..

True
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
BabaGrinz:

That's trading just like FOREX but u can also earn from exchange Asin exchanging bitcoin to etherum and then exchanging the etherum back to bitcoin...but e get format. i guess u dey didn't recommend dat to u..

Beginners aren’t recommended to try this except you know what you’re doing but if you got balls by all means
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2021
Coolx:
pls which l that is advisable to buy

Depends on your goals and capital, are they short term or long term, would you be buying low and selling at a set target and buy in again and hold? If yes I’d suggest Eith or Lite or even the Big Bee, again all depends on your goals and if you’d have time to monitor
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Kay005: 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2021
@FlyHeight, sailor and other bosses, I learnt that the last time eth reached 1,150 dollars / 1 eth was January 2018 and now presently it is approaching 1,500 dollars/ 1 eth. My question is what amount will eth hits the new all time high this time around?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
nittly:
Please can you add me up? or drop your contact 0.8.07.5.7.8.0. 2

For the sake of all the guys asking for my number, I’d drop my alternate number but please I do not teach, I can explain one or two things but I don’t know how to teach nor do I have the time to do so... I can however give one or two pointers... I do not take calls either...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (3640) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: MamaFutures(f), nna777, Abezol4jah(m), Smithwilliams826, PraiseDLord and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.