Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (2757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3301541 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2754) (2755) (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) ... (3646) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Hydratrade(m): 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
Emmizay12:

Bro I now understand why a lot of people cry of liquidation in this group,,, they have not learnt to manage risk,,, but no worries I will share my knowledge.. we learn everyday

Let's say I have 200usd in my account and I want to trade Ethereum,, I want to long it and I want to risk 20usd only,, ... In the first picture below on tradingview,, after using the long tool to indicate where I put my stop loss, notice the bracket "(0.58%)"
This is the calculation:

To remove the percentage of (0.58%) to decimal
i.e
0.58÷100= 0.0058

Then

(Amount I'm risking ÷0.0058)
i.e 20usd ÷ 0.0058= 3,448.28(let's call this contract size)

To get the leverage= contract size ÷ my total trading amount
i.e 3,448.28÷ 200usd= 17.24

Therefore my leverage is 17X on this trade using this entry position to long Ethereum... using 200usd
on isolated marging and risking only 20usd should the trade hit my stoploss..........you can equally use it on other trades when going long or short and get either 2 or 3 risk to reward ratio which is 40usd or 60usd profit respectively

So the leverage used is useless if you have defined your risk using this long prediction tool... It could be 2X, 32X or 50X.....

I hope this helped,,, if this didn't help,, then I wish you happy liquidations.....

Nice Risk management, the rest are mostly gambling in futures. I will add to your knowledge. Instead of risking your full capital of 200$ the market could go high in a short period of time there by putting your capital at risk. You should take the etheruem trade with 100$ and use 34X as leverage your stop loss will still be the same. While preserving your extra 100$ for another trade. Using Isolated margin. I hardly post here.

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Hydratrade(m): 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2022
Truthshotcrazy:

Leverage amplifies the movement in the relative prices of a currency or crypto pair by the factor of the leverage in your account. .

The more leverage you use, the more risky the trade, the less “breathing room” you have for the market to move before a margin call .

Risk management is very important.and the $100 example earlier, is an assumed scenario, $100 is the minimum margin deposit required by the exchange to maintain 2X, 32X, or 50x, 100x , etc
A$100 trade using 100x leverage will certainly get liquidated before a $100 trade using 2X leverage .
if somebody even owns $100, it is not advisable to use more than 20% of the total portfolio in trading for good risk management. Using 100% of portfolio capital to trade is never advisable. . The art of choosing where exactly to Place good stoplosses, and not using 100% of capital available to trade boils down to the individual traders choice and his preferable risk/reward ratio. How much of portfolio capital/ % of capital one is wiling to risk or forgo should the trade move against one. It is never advisable to use 100% available capital to trade. Good traders don’t even risk more than 1% of the capital in portfolio for trading. Good risk management cannot be overemphasized.
I personally employ very tight stop losses when trading, and keep the leverages at moderate level when trading just as l would advįse anyone to,,
But as stated earlier, if my neighbor wanna use 100X leverage , e not concern me. na lm business grin
So Happy trading evryone!

Nice one you are a trader, I use less than 1% though. And my position size is never above 10% of my capital. You guys should learn from this advice no be to come here dey predict like say market na bet9ja. You can be wrong more than half the time and still make a fortune with good risk management

7 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Hydratrade(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2022
atinga1:

It's just the usual pump to liquidate those shorting the market and then driving fomo guys into losing money.
Feeding your fowl very well before slaughter.

A pump of over 11% in a day for btc is small to you. Do you even trade btc at all. If you actually have been trading you will know that any pump above 10% on a day for btc is huge

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Innomama7(m): 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
When are we going to see the bull period? abi you guys non wan allow us comot from village again cry

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Iamyemmie: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2022
Why is btc going up and everywhere still red like this?

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by atinga1: 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Why is btc going up and everywhere still red like this?
No money to pump others?

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
DaemoLee:

Lol. If u see news like this exit the market ASAP. Cos crazy dip incoming.

The logic there is that, they truly want to buy but they would never buy at this price until after they have driven the market down to their target price entry.

I don exit on the news since early momo

How’s the short.

#Babydoge

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 7:25pm On Sep 12, 2022
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2022
GRACEGLORY:
Once BTC crushes the resistance @$21,800… it’s gon’ be a runway to the $23,000 area.
BTC has been beating the entire bourse put together. Go ask Peter Schiff

born2conquer, see you @23K Bruv grin

#Babydoge

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by atinga1: 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2022
Sweatcoin

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DaemoLee: 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2022
GRACEGLORY:

How’s the short.

#Babydoge

Bobo read to understand! Futures trading isn't my thing, infact I have never spent a cent on it.
I have been buying low and selling high.

I have bn out of the market since 2days now patiently waiting. Bought just one coin when everywhere was red enough for me to buy, i exited in thousands of Naira profits and ok for the day. Looking forward to a more brutal dip 2mao and Wednesday...And the circle continues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by petux(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2022
DaemoLee:

Bobo read to understand! Futures trading isn't my thing, infact I have never spent a cent on it.
I have been buying low and selling high.

I have bn out of the market since 2days now patiently waiting. Bought just one coin when everywhere was red enough for me to buy, i exited in thousands of Naira profits and ok for the day. Looking forward to a more brutal dip 2mao and Wednesday...And the circle continues.

What makes you think there is going to be a "brutal dip" tomorrow or Wednesday??

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Omobola121(f): 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
All banks fund Dom.acct not only GTB but you need to know who knows.

Segun2222:
Please do you think Gtb helps to fund domicilary account
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by cherryCola: 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2022
See my thread that time grin.

where is this monkey call "ballzproblemm" undecided
How can you forget your friend so soon sad.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lookyzy: 7:55am On Sep 13, 2022
I don't know why Nigerians do this on international chatrooms or comment sections like WhatsApp group, Tele.gram groups, YouTube comment section, etc.

When they drop a comment, they'll always mention "Nigeria" and they NEVER use "I'm," but am.

Do they think the moment they mention Nigeria, they'll get help instantly? In most cases, they never get a reply. In fact, people begin to avoid them, including me, a Nigerian.

It's good to be proud of your country, but keep it in your pocket at times and just go ahead with your question. Also, stop using "am" in place of I'm — that sh!t is irritating.

Yes, I know say life no be by spelling, but at least, put some effort in it and stop mentioning Nigeria up and down when all the world know us for is nothing but corruption, fraud, football, and maybe music.

Dem go just type "am" full everywhere. Indians and Nigerians are fond of this. Always in a hurry!

Things they could just learn easily with the help of a short video on YouTube. You want to make money, but you don't want to spend money watching free video tutorials online.

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lookyzy: 7:57am On Sep 13, 2022
There are lots of things I haven't said and I'll say some of them with time.

One of them is: being on time.

Google and a few other sites have a web scrawler that searches the web for new info every single seconds. They call it mentions.

If you're into a trade and in that trade you have keywords, yet you're not using mention, you're missing a lot.

At times, I don't visit Nairaland, but when I get mentioned, Google let's me know.

Gather all the keywords in your business and put them as mention. Whenever such words get mentioned anywhere around web, you get notified. This way, you know what's going on before most and you'll be on time with latest blog posts or news by people around the world.

I have used it to catch people reposting my content on their blogs, people trying to sell my books behind my back, etc.

In crypto, I use it to get alert on new airdrop, launch, etc. So, I'm always on time — except I choose not to.

So, create some notifications and always scan through them — it doesn't take time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lookyzy: 8:01am On Sep 13, 2022
Just an expo, not a financial advice. Ureeqa will soon explode. 99% of the people in crypto have no clue yet. I have already multiplied my money severally and we haven't even started.

The reason I have more than 30 exchanges is for things like this.

Bitboy Crypto talked about it on his YouTube channel yesterday — he has the largest Crypto channel on YouTube, so wherever he talks about explodes. It was one of the coins I found in my research and when he talks about it, I finally jumped in and I'm already in smiles.

As I said, I'm not recommending, but only giving you an expo. Early bird catches the worm.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Bmaster(m): 9:01am On Sep 13, 2022
Hi guys

Airdrop 'bout to start soon.
Baasid airdrop,

Click on link to try your luck

https:///BaasidAirdropBot?start=5526636084
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2022
Innomama7:
When are we going to see the bull period? abi you guys non wan allow us comot from village again cry

Guy go and learn trading, nah because "bull run" I lost my money in crypto but since I learned trading, bull or bear, the thing go dey sweet.

Wow e don tey I run this thread, still Las las the sweet go reach everybody grin

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Bryancrox(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2022
My trade

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by altcoinng: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2022
Why Bitcoin rose in price as Ethereum fell

Bitcoin price on Monday continued to develop a six-day rising trend, consolidating above $22,000. At the same time, the overall value of crypto declined slightly due to Ethereum’s decline, which caused some of the largest Proof of Stake altcoins to sell off.

Judging by the growth of BTC’s share of total market capitalization by almost 1% in the last week, investors are confident that bitcoin will retain its dominance, despite Ethereum’s prospect of solving blockchain scaling problems.

The move to PoS will make ethereum centralized. The ETH2 validator deposit contract, launched almost two years ago, has collected 11% of the ETH issue in staking, 65% of which is distributed among five companies.

Lido Finance controls 31% of the staking, with the remaining 30% in the hands of three exchanges: Coinbase, Binance, and Kraken, with the rest almost 4% of the stakes held by startup Staked. If you add to this statistic the fact that 65 percent of Ethereum nodes are located in three cloud services, you can get enough “points of failure” of the network, under unexpected pressure from regulators.

Bitcoin does not have the above problems, but bitcoin has “fallen behind” the growing dynamics of the ETH rebound, which began in mid-June. This opens an opportunity for arbitrage with selling altcoin and buying BTC.

Bitcoin’s near-term growth forecast is linked to a favorable fundamental backdrop. Demand for risky assets is triggered by expectations of positive statistics on U.S. inflation. The data which is the key news of the week will be published this evening. The decline in inflation in the United states gives investors hope that the Federal Reserve’s policy of rate hikes will be phased out next year.

Falling inflation will have no effect on the coming session. More than 90% of speculators are predicting a 0.75% Fed rate hike on September 21.

https://altcoin.ng/why-bitcoin-rose-in-price-as-ethereum-fell/

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
Sweatcoin

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by EXLOVER(m): 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2022
Crypto is very funny, just before this dump, RVN just gave me $30 on Binance Future, i wanted to leave it for it to climb more, but one mind say take wetin you see clear o, i follow the mind. Omo i check again i see dump. I'm currently dancing as I'm typing. Market for hit my stop lost. You all should celebrate with me please.. grin

10 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DaemoLee: 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
petux:

What makes you think there is going to be a "brutal dip" tomorrow or Wednesday??

Brutal or not?

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DaemoLee: 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2022
Pls follow the chart in the crypto space and pay less attention to news.

Getting back in by 5pm for the day cashout.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by EXLOVER(m): 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2022
DaemoLee:

Brutal or not?

Bro when will i get married?

Who is the next president of Nigeria?

When is Nigeria going to be great again?

7 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Siberia01(m): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
grin

Inflation hedge indeed

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ebowo(f): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Just when I thought LUNc was beginning to bounce back again. Before my very before,fiam ! Came a drastic drop. Tnk God for spot o, na so person for just loose everything.

6 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by LikeAking: 2:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
EXLOVER:

Bro when will i get married?

Who is the next president of Nigeria?

When is Nigeria going to be great again?

Nigeria don dey great bf?

Nigeria will be great wen we d citizen's become very productive like the dev world guys.

For now we are jinxing.

We in a country with lots of engineers but no innovation, etc. How engineers like pussy pass agbero.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2754) (2755) (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) ... (3646) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: lekjons(m), Lookandlaugh and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.