Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,302 members, 7,846,349 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (2768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3407997 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) ... (3698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Drslime0: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2022
seanwilliam:

regardless trade crypto out of ‘surplus’ not out of your savings. Dem no Dey use money for food trade crypto . So wait till you’re comfortable, opportunity no Dey finish for this space . But If you do strong head, you ‘might ‘ live regret it.. na the currency wey I get I give you so .

I think you missunderstand sir,
When I stated "I have been saving this for a while" it was towards getting a new phone i.e it comes from the daily allowance my parent give me and it totally different from what I earn at work( I plan on using 5k from my monthly salary to start).
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by JBoss25(m): 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2022
Mara . Xyz is legit don't take it for granted, download the app on Google playstore or Apple store

Referral code is SFEJEB
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by seanwilliam(m): 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
Drslime0:

When I stated "I have been saving this for a while" it was towards getting a new phone i.e it comes from the daily allowance my parent give me and it totally different from what I earn at work( I plan on using 5k from my monthly salary to start).

I wish you good luck. But I still maintain my stand that you should only trade cryptocurrency out of surplus . And don’t chase your loss ..
Who knows you might be the next Sam Bankman-Fried
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Drslime0: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
Bmaster:
u just want to start at the wrong time.
If you buy usdt now,never ever ever convert it to other coins for now bcoz a great dip is coming,lest you'll catch a falling knifr

I don't understand ooo sad
But I will take it as you want me to calm down for now!. Thanks for your input sir!!!
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by JBoss25(m): 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
JBoss25:
Mara . Xyz is legit don't take it for granted

Referral code is SFEJEB

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Drslime0: 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2022
seanwilliam:

I wish you good luck. But I still maintain my stand that you should only trade cryptocurrency out of surplus . And don’t chase your loss ..
Who knows you might be the next Sam Bankman-Fried

So I won't feel it even if I experience loss! Thanks for your input sir smiley(I understand now)
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Zabad: 10:35pm On Sep 18, 2022
I wan sell 25 usdt
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Khayceeofficial(m): 11:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
Zabad:
I wan sell 25 usdt

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DaemoLee: 11:45pm On Sep 18, 2022
Sell it all and run from this dreadful market at least for this year. The worst price level is yet to come!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Zabad: 11:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
[quote author=Khayceeofficial post=116796979][/quote]
I no be any 419 the buyer can suggest any safety measure. I will follow
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Zabad: 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2022
DaemoLee:
Sell it all and run from this dreadful market at least for this year. The worst price level is yet to come!
I have been eager to start crypto trading now I don start but I don see say my strength no reach am

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Geovanni412(m): 2:13am On Sep 19, 2022
Drslime0:

If that's what you have. It's better for you to open an fx acct with a broker like fxtm or exness. Both of them have sth called a cent acct. You"ll need to make it up to 10 dollars(7k) to use such an acct. The 10 dollars in cent is 1000 USC. With that, you can start and learn on that acct risking only 1-2 percent of your cash. When you have 1 profitable month, you can increase the amount.
To trade crypto futures with 1-2 percent risk per trade, you need about 160-200 dollars in that acct. Sha, whatever, you do, try and do what someone said earlier - focus on major pairs. Ideally, if na crypto, just trade btc/usdt and either eth or bnb. These three have good liquidity and less manipulation. Don't trade more than 2 coins max at a time.
Same thing for fx. Don't trade more than 2 fx pairs max. Focus on one pair at first for fx. Later on, you can make it 2 pairs max. In selecting pairs, search for correlation . E.g type eurusd correlation in Google search, select the result from myfxbook then look at what eurusd is positively and negatively correlated with. You don't want to be doubling your risk by trading the same thing. Correlation is never perfect because of volatility - to understand this better, you'll need to learn how to read charts first. Then casually, check what happened over a 15-30 day period of two fx pairs or coins that are +ve or -vely correlated. For starters, you can start with gbpusd/eurusd. later on, you can decide to trade gbpusd/eurusd and usdjpy. Other good pairs to trade are : usdcad and audusd/nzdusd.
Because of the small amount you want to learn with and fx , you'll also need to learn about certain terminologies- babypips and YouTube (any basic youtube fx course will cover the ground well on this-i'll drop a link on this you can check out) can help you with basic terms . Alternatively , you can read: Currency trading for dummies by Mark Galant and Brian Dolan- _ this will explain to you some of the basics and intricacies of fx trading ( the book is available on libgen.is).
Courses won't help you much in trading without you practising the stuff till it is second nature to you. Trading decisions are made in minutes, sometimes seconds sef. Don't be in a hurry to throw money at trading courses or courses, whatsoever, on the internet - only spend money wherein you can't get the information for free. Most times, between youtube, libgen, pdfdrive, pimpmymoney.net and scribd, you should be able to scrap together sufficient information to start anything. Only spend money when you are trying to get a certification to get a job or if you are sure, after thorough research, that the person's course is the right fit for you.
One more thing, like seanwilliam said, it is best to trade out of surplus. With your small capital, you won't make any tangible returns unless you decide to ignore risk management. Ignoring risk mgmt is the number 1 reason why people blow their accts - you need 100 bad trades to blow an acct if you are risking 1% per trade. If you are risking 20% per trade, you need only 5 trades. If you move the stop loss or use tight stop losses while risking 20 % per trade, your acct can disappear within hours. If you ignore this advice, the market will teach you a lesson with your first blown acct- when that happens, go back and recall the lessons from reading trading in the zone by Mark Douglas. If you follow the lessons in that book and you have a good trading strategy, the odds of you blowing your acct are very minimal.
The aim of a small acct is to LEARN and not to make money. Better to start with that than to deceive yourself on demo acct for months on end. Demo acct is only good for you to test a strategy - it is best to start with a small real acct because then your emotions are involved whenever you lose or gain money. And managing emotions is a big part of trading- see image below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7IGTX_Peso&ab_channel=bloom
https://www.udemy.com/course/the-complete-foundation-forex-trading-course/?couponCode=YTUBEPROMO21

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Geovanni412(m): 2:35am On Sep 19, 2022
Drslime0:
[/b]

Thank you very much sir!
I have started an online class for this with the hope of becoming equipped for this(experience will still be needed so I would probably use this thread to communicate with the gurus for more guidance).

Also, I noticed(reading this thread from the beginning page) that most people invest 100 to 200k for this, I am a student (just finished ss3) and I don't have access to such amount.....so is starting with 5k to small, Is it wise to put it to tether or litecoin(it seems Bitcoin and etherium are at the high price).

2. My phone won't install binance(for reasons still unknown to me) so which do you think is safe quidax or opera mini crypto browser or I should just wait and get a better phone(I have been saving for a while for this).

Crypto trading - you are better off using a laptop for it. You'll understand better when you start looking at charts from tradingview. If you want to use a phone or if a phone is all you have, then you need to open an acct with octafx or deriv or exness. Any of these three fx brokers offer the chance to trade crypto. Deriv is what you should start with - you can trade crypto there on metatrader5 platform. The chart interface on mt5 is as good as what you will get on tradingview. You don't need to fund the deriv acct. You will do your analysis on mt5 (metatrader5) app, and place your trades on binance or mexc or kucoin. If you want to use mexc, ask goldbw122.If na kucoin, ask titanium001 for more details.
Trading using website on phone, bros, your frustration will reach pro max for futures-- no try am. Better to use app or laptop for it. For buying usdt, btc or ltc --- do you want to trade or invest? To be an investor, you need to be able to endure 50-90% drop in your investment and still be feeling optimistic to put in more in the coin because you believe in the technology and the personnel behind it. IF you don't fall in that category, then you are a trader. What is yet to be known is if you have the perseverance to try several things before finding out what works in the market. It can take you anywhere from 1 year to 5years to figure out what works on the market- see image below. You need the right information and a ton of perseverance-- try following people like David Goggins or Andrew Tate on youtube and rumble . They will help you put your mind in the right headspace. You can't make money trading if your offline life is jaga jaga or highly undisciplined - it has a carry over effect.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by danowena: 5:26am On Sep 19, 2022
konfusedgee:
Just shorted Ethereum,, I'm bearish for the next two days
As at writing u don hammer. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Born2conquer: 5:33am On Sep 19, 2022
Born2conquer:

Make una chill o, we are still really in dip for real.

Pump starts only at 25k or 30k.

I will only buy BTC at 17k or 18k.

wink

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by atinga1: 7:10am On Sep 19, 2022
Our babydoge brother is nowhere to be found.
I thought he said we were set for the bulls?

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Siberia01(m): 7:33am On Sep 19, 2022

Why is everywhere quite

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Born2conquer: 7:48am On Sep 19, 2022
I do not know technical analysis even though I know support and resistance but one thing I've learnt about crypto currency after losing over 30k dollars in the last 2years is patience.

For crypto to boom again, we need a very loud hype with money in circulation but now, we no get Crypto hype and there's no money in circulation because even the whales are trapped in the whole inflation thing.

Lastly, I knew there was a bigger problem when people celebrated 22k dollars as BTC pump, lol! Why would you be happy than BTC pumped to 22k when we literally fell from 69k? Lol, that proved that we will go lower.

Buying USDT is hard because it is scarce but I will buy stocks related crypto today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Born2conquer: 7:52am On Sep 19, 2022
One mistake I made that burnt my money.

1)I was focused on coins that could give me 1000% and above and that made me invest my hard earned money into shitcoins and altcoins that had hype with hyped utility like Ftm,bloks, ice, paper, shib and other coins shilled by influencers and the so called "Crypto guru", yes! Those coins did like 100% with the hope that they would do more but they fell realllllly hard!

In trying to become a Crypto and stock millionaire, I lost the hard earned over $30k I worked hard for.

And now, I am no longer after coins that want to do 1000%, any coin wey wan do ×50 make e go do am.

I am okay with BTC, ETH, SOL, KCS and BNB with leos

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Bmaster(m): 8:00am On Sep 19, 2022
Born2conquer:

1)I was focused on coins that could give me 1000% and above and that made me invest my hard earned money into shitcoins and altcoins that had hype with hyped utility like Ftm,bloks, ice, paper, shib and other coins shilled by influencers and the so called "Crypto guru", yes! Those coins did like 100% with the hope that they would do more but they fell realllllly hard!

In trying to become a Crypto and stock millionaire, I lost the hard earned over $30k I worked hard for.

And now, I am no longer after coins that want to do 1000%, any coin wey wan do ×50 make e go do am.

where else can I buy kucoin token except for their exchange,?I am very contemplating too on that KCS
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Bmaster(m): 8:06am On Sep 19, 2022
konfusedgee:
Just shorted Ethereum,, I'm bearish for the next two days
you 'bout to make a huge doff indeed

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by danowena: 8:13am On Sep 19, 2022
Shanid:

Is it cheaper to buy on PayPal?
The charges are similar to those of coinbase. But one thing about crypto in the USA (if buying from USA) is dat the transactions have to be reported annually to the IRS for tax purposes.

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by atinga1: 8:15am On Sep 19, 2022
Liquidation continues.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by sheanzy(m): 8:17am On Sep 19, 2022
The best decision I took this year so far is selling All my cryto asset into usdt, tho I sold at loss, but looking at the price charts now I thank God say I no do strong head Dy HODL .

I advice everyone to at least just take a break for now and watch from the sidelines. I now sleep better and look more fresh everyday

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Goldbw122(m): 8:29am On Sep 19, 2022
sheanzy:
The best decision I took this year so far is selling All my cryto asset into usdt, tho I sold at loss, but looking at the price charts now I thank God say I no do strong head Dy HODL .

I advice everyone to at least just take a break for now and watch from the sidelines. I now sleep better and look more fresh everyday
Thank God for life bro

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Goldbw122(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2022
atinga1:
Liquidation continues.
This is a bearish season, that is all I can see a bullish trap can pop up and it will go down again even more than ever.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Siberia01(m): 8:33am On Sep 19, 2022
Born2conquer:
I do not know technical analysis even though I know support and resistance but one thing I've learnt about crypto currency after losing over 30k dollars in the last 2years is patience.

For crypto to boom again, we need a very loud hype with money in circulation but now, we no get Crypto hype and there's no money in circulation because even the whales are trapped in the whole inflation thing.

Lastly, I knew there was a bigger problem when people celebrated 22k dollars as BTC pump, lol! Why would you be happy than BTC pumped to 22k when we literally fell from 69k? Lol, that proved that we will go lower.

Buying USDT is hard because it is scarce but I will buy stocks related crypto today.

. Imagine $30k In poultry, or spice farming undecided

Lots of turn over

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Born2conquer: 8:34am On Sep 19, 2022
Siberia01:
. Imagine $30k In poultry, or spice farming undecided

Lots of turn over
Crypto is addictive lol, I was having this "I go hit am big soon" lol! It's like gambling.
You will always feel like "this $2k wey I wan put now go turn $10k" lolz and that is how you and up putting frequent $2k $1k

Spice farming asin tomato and pepper?

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Rainbow10: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2022
Omo, Fed's meeting to hold on Wednesday.
Make I sell oooooooooo
Before Crypto go finally send me go Village grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Siberia01(m): 8:38am On Sep 19, 2022
Born2conquer:

Crypto is addictive lol, I was having this "I go hit am big soon" lol! It's like gambling.
You will always feel like "this $2k wey I wan put now go turn $10k" lolz and that is how you and up putting frequent $2k $1k

Spice farming asin tomato and pepper?

Curry farming
Pepper
Cucumber/ maize

Imagine the number of people that 30k dolls would have employed
And the value chain it would have created

Though is not my money....
You can choose what to do with it
You worked for it

Your profit is like %100
That's what our family does
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Born2conquer: 8:41am On Sep 19, 2022
Siberia01:

Curry farming
Pepper
Cucumber/ maize

Imagine the number of people that 30k dolls would have employed
And the value chain it would have created

Though is not my money....
You can choose what to do with it
You worked for it

Your profit is like %100
That's what our family does
And it's very best lucrative, what about the market?
And you know the spice stuff is something I have zero idea on
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by civilserva: 8:43am On Sep 19, 2022
Born2conquer:

Not too bad. The 30K USD you made from crypto.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) ... (3698) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: MrSamsung(m), sheanzy(m), SINisSIN(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.