Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (2770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3352691 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Timekeeper: 10:33am On Sep 19, 2022
any tin now? any predictn
deflover:

Go back
Someone wanted to shame us the techy guys that no one is talking about eth merger
But will come out after it to say I told u so

So I said news is created to follow trend and not trend to follow news
I told him its a sell
It will drop

And it did
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 10:40am On Sep 19, 2022
Timekeeper:
any tin now? any predictn

Yes for now it's sell sell sell
Till nasdaq 11k levels holds
If not
Hell is real grin
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nzecorneboy: 10:55am On Sep 19, 2022
Siberia01:

Curry farming
Pepper
Cucumber/ maize

Imagine the number of people that 30k dolls would have employed
And the value chain it would have created

Though is not my money....
You can choose what to do with it
You worked for it

Your profit is like %100
That's what our family does
I swear that spice farming isnt bad, still contemplating which to delve into between that and fish farming as crypto dey do jagajaga

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 19, 2022
danowena:

grin grin grin grin

Lolzz, that was the advise I gave myself when Bloomberg was talking about bitcoin in 2011. And I regretted it till now. I have excreted the McDonald’s burgers I ate when I could have been a bitcoin whale by now. People didn’t know bitcoin, it was still part of angel ventures on Bloomberg and they joked about it a lot.
Please any investment is worth it. Just try your luck and hope for the best.

that was same advice a friend of mine gave me when btc was at 65k(get out of the market now and wait), my 200k invest was around 500k back then and with all the btc to 200k and news coming in chose to hodl, when the first drop to 60k happened i took my capital out and left the rest thinking it was a usual correction, btc dropped further to 38k/40k, had to convert to luna and guess what? it all turned to ashes.

ever since then i stayed out of the market cos all i see is a downward trend breaking all support levels and I don't regret my decision.

if i had invested back my capital at 40k, would have been down by more than 60 percent in the name of buy the dip.

I've learnt my lessons and I'll wait till next bull run starts cos anything done now is a mere gamble

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by atinga1: 10:59am On Sep 19, 2022
elvischukie:

i will keep saying this, get off the market for now and save yourself from stress, these few green candles we see are all traps by bulls, they will keep dumping hard on us all till we get some sense.

for now market looks no good, stay off and wait for some good trend reversal probably late this yr or early next year hopefully
Oga, sarcasm. It's written all over the post.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 19, 2022
atinga1:

Oga, sarcasm. It's written all over the post.

i will maintain my stand like openheaven said, market isn't good for trading now unless you love gambling, wait for some positive news and trend reversal.
for now all we are getting are bad news, you can see what eth bridge hack did earlier today

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 11:04am On Sep 19, 2022
elvischukie:

that was same advice a friend of mine gave me when btc was at 65k(get out of the market now and wait), my 200k invest was around 500k back then and with all the btc to 200k and news coming in chose to hodl, when the first drop to 60k happened i took my capital out and left the rest thinking it was a usual correction, btc dropped further to 38k/40k, had to convert to luna and guess what? it all turned to ashes.

ever since then i stayed out of the market cos all i see is a downward trend breaking all support levels and I don't regret my decision.

if i had invested back my capital at 40k, would have been down by more than 60 percent in the name of buy the dip.

I've learnt my lessons and I'll wait till next bull run starts cos anything done now is a mere gamble

True its gambling cos u only know how to trade the bull
Even ur trade was a gamble
U were only lucky to take out ur capital
Imagine if u knew how to trade both ways
U can trade a bull a bear and even sideways market
Imagine how u will be seeing the market now
Anyway the bears have it for now
Ur wave will come
But while at it
Watch out for babyswap
It will be the next big thing

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by atinga1: 11:08am On Sep 19, 2022
elvischukie:

i will maintain my stand like openheaven said, market isn't good for trading now unless you love gambling, wait for some positive news and trend reversal.
for now all we are getting are bad news, you can see what eth bridge hack did earlier today
Oga ,read my first post again.
The message itself na sarcasm.
It was meant for someone who was shouting bulls all over the place.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 11:09am On Sep 19, 2022
elvischukie:

News is created to follow trend
The dark net will create all the bad news needed to drive price down for them to pick it at cheap prices
And create the good news needed to take it up when the trend changes to bull grin

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 19, 2022
deflover:

True its gambling cos u only know how to trade the bull
Even ur trade was a gamble
U were only lucky to take out ur capital
Imagine if u knew how to trade both ways
U can trade a bull a bear and even sideways market
Imagine how u will be seeing the market now
Anyway the bears have it for now
Ur wave will come
But while at it
Watch out for babyswap
It will be the next big thing

I'm not saying people ain't making money, whales and good future traders are making cash in both ways, the rest getting liquidated.

the truth is I won't advice any newbie to get into the market now..

Till we see something positive

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 19, 2022
atinga1:

Oga ,read my first post again.
The message itself na sarcasm.
It was meant for someone who was shouting bulls all over the place.
lol, i grab now cheesy
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 11:12am On Sep 19, 2022
elvischukie:

I'm not saying people ain't making money, whales and good future traders are making cash in both ways, the rest getting liquidated.

the truth is I won't advice any newbie to get into the market now..

Till we see something positive

When will u see it
How do u see it
Since to u he is a newbie
And u are not a newbie
Can u tell us in plain chart how to spot the right time to get into the market grin grin

U need to understand u are a flipper
Flippers like newbies don't understand the market
Allow him choose who he wants to be
Either a trader or a flipper like u
That way he will either make money or get burnt kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by altcoinng: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2022
Bitcoin price drops to $18,400 ahead of Fed meeting

The new week began with increased volatility in the crypto market. Bitcoin fell to $18,420 on the morning of September 19.

After a brief lull, turbulence is returning to stock markets ahead of the Federal Reserve’s meeting. This coming Wednesday, September 21, the U.S. regulator will release its decision on the interest rate.

Analysts agree that the Fed will increase it again due to the alarming rate of inflation. The dollar became more attractive to traders earlier this month, and IT stocks have seen capital outflows.

Cryptocurrencies are also retreating. Ether (ETH) and Binance Coin (BNB) fell to $1302 and $259.8, respectively.

Other top altcoins are also trading negative. Over the past 24 hours, Cardano (ADA) has suffered the biggest losses. XRP and Polkadot (DOT), down more than 10% to $0.435, $0.347 and $6.19. Crypto market capitalization fell to $904.353 billion.

According to Coinglass, more than $418 million worth of positions were liquidated in the futures market as a result of the correction. Ethereum accounted for most of it – $168.6 million.

The cryptocurrency market capitalization was $943.6 billion, with bitcoin’s dominance index at 37.6% and ETH at 16.6%.

BitBull Capital CEO Joe DiPasquale stressed that bitcoin and ether failed to hold their positions and suffered catastrophic losses for several months. The key event for the markets will be the Fed meeting. If the rate is hiked by 75 basis points, risky assets will fall heavily. According to the futures market, there is an 80% chance of a 75 basis point hike of the key rate at once.

Bloomberg analysts predict that the interest rate will exceed 4% in 2023. As a result, the dollar will reach record highs, and stocks of IT companies, including cryptocurrencies, will trade at lows.

The rise of the inflation rate, contrary to the forecast, reinforced the perception of Fed Chairman Jerome Powell’s speech at the Jackson Hole Symposium. At the time, the official warned of his intention not to rush into a rate cut for the sake of keeping inflation expectations under control.

Bloomberg strategist Mike McGlone ruled out the possibility of a key rate cut by the Fed in the near future. The analytical Twitter account Games of Trades noted that it was a critical time for the S&P 500 before the start of trading on Wall Street.

To recap, former Cramer & Co. hedge fund manager and host of CNBC’s Mad Money show Jim Cramer said that a tightening of monetary policy by the Fed would lead to a “washout” of speculative assets like cryptocurrencies.

The other day, Nassim Taleb, philosopher and author of the cult work “Black Swan,” called bitcoin a “tumor” caused by the Fed’s flexible monetary policy.

https://altcoin.ng/bitcoin-price-drops-to-18400-ahead-of-fed-meeting/

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 11:22am On Sep 19, 2022
altcoinng:
Bitcoin price drops to $18,400 ahead of Fed meeting

The new week began with increased volatility in the crypto market. Bitcoin fell to $18,420 on the morning of September 19.

After a brief lull, turbulence is returning to stock markets ahead of the Federal Reserve’s meeting. This coming Wednesday, September 21, the U.S. regulator will release its decision on the interest rate.

Analysts agree that the Fed will increase it again due to the alarming rate of inflation. The dollar became more attractive to traders earlier this month, and IT stocks have seen capital outflows.

Cryptocurrencies are also retreating. Ether (ETH) and Binance Coin (BNB) fell to $1302 and $259.8, respectively.

Other top altcoins are also trading negative. Over the past 24 hours, Cardano (ADA) has suffered the biggest losses. XRP and Polkadot (DOT), down more than 10% to $0.435, $0.347 and $6.19. Crypto market capitalization fell to $904.353 billion.

According to Coinglass, more than $418 million worth of positions were liquidated in the futures market as a result of the correction. Ethereum accounted for most of it – $168.6 million.

The cryptocurrency market capitalization was $943.6 billion, with bitcoin’s dominance index at 37.6% and ETH at 16.6%.

BitBull Capital CEO Joe DiPasquale stressed that bitcoin and ether failed to hold their positions and suffered catastrophic losses for several months. The key event for the markets will be the Fed meeting. If the rate is hiked by 75 basis points, risky assets will fall heavily. According to the futures market, there is an 80% chance of a 75 basis point hike of the key rate at once.

Bloomberg analysts predict that the interest rate will exceed 4% in 2023. As a result, the dollar will reach record highs, and stocks of IT companies, including cryptocurrencies, will trade at lows.

The rise of the inflation rate, contrary to the forecast, reinforced the perception of Fed Chairman Jerome Powell’s speech at the Jackson Hole Symposium. At the time, the official warned of his intention not to rush into a rate cut for the sake of keeping inflation expectations under control.

Bloomberg strategist Mike McGlone ruled out the possibility of a key rate cut by the Fed in the near future. The analytical Twitter account Games of Trades noted that it was a critical time for the S&P 500 before the start of trading on Wall Street.

To recap, former Cramer & Co. hedge fund manager and host of CNBC’s Mad Money show Jim Cramer said that a tightening of monetary policy by the Fed would lead to a “washout” of speculative assets like cryptocurrencies.

The other day, Nassim Taleb, philosopher and author of the cult work “Black Swan,” called bitcoin a “tumor” caused by the Fed’s flexible monetary policy.

https://altcoin.ng/bitcoin-price-drops-to-18400-ahead-of-fed-meeting/

The deep state is preparing for the bull
But they must first take it down
Before they buy
I am watching 11k level of nasdaq
A break of it and btc goes to 13k
From there
We may begin to see recovery

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by atinga1: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2022
deflover:

The deep state is preparing for the bull
But they must first take it down
Before they buy
I am watching 11k level of nasdaq
A break of it and btc goes to 13k
From there
We may begin to see recovery
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 11:44am On Sep 19, 2022
atinga1:

Flesh and blood didn't reveal it to u cool
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by atinga1: 11:48am On Sep 19, 2022
deflover:

Flesh and blood didn't reveal it to u cool
I'm seriously tired. More fud.

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 11:54am On Sep 19, 2022
atinga1:

I'm seriously tired. More fud.

Don't be tired.
I guess u are deep in red
The bull will come but it may be November
If nasdaq breaks 11k and closed below
It will be a long way to hell
And hell is real
But I am banking on this fall to enter low
I want to make a million dollars this year
And it's possible
If u want to talk
I am open
U will get ur bull
But u may have to wait

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2022
Goldbw122:

It will crash more
E Don hit ur tp grin
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Goldbw122(m): 12:07pm On Sep 19, 2022
deflover:

E Don hit ur tp grin
Baba e nor easy

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2022
Goldbw122:

Baba e nor easy

Ur eyes clear na grin cheesy
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Yungbliss(m): 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2022
Drslime0:
[/b]

Thank you very much sir!
I have started an online class for this with the hope of becoming equipped for this(experience will still be needed so I would probably use this thread to communicate with the gurus for more guidance).

Also, I noticed(reading this thread from the beginning page) that most people invest 100 to 200k for this, I am a student (just finished ss3) and I don't have access to such amount.....so is starting with 5k to small, Is it wise to put it to tether or litecoin(it seems Bitcoin and etherium are at the high price).

2. My phone won't install binance(for reasons still unknown to me) so which do you think is safe quidax or opera mini crypto browser or I should just wait and get a better phone(I have been saving for a while for this).

I was talking about day trading.
But for holding, there's no qualms.
Rest assured that it might not go the way you think, that's why we are learning everyday.

Study harder before venturing.
Lastly, don't be emotional
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Omenyi1(m): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2022
Guys I need advice. I have about 5.5m of a cousin brother and he wouldn't be needing it soon till like dec. I'm contemplating buying dolarz at beenance p2p at the current rate (715) and keeping till Nov or Dec with hope that it will appreciate and I will gain... What's the risk in buying and holding it till then. Will it likely fall down and even if it falls can I be able to convert the dolarz to a different currency and sell it without losing the capital.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2022
BTC had bottomed @$17.5-18K. Double bottom at the same level. All Technicalities points at 18k.
The bears are worn out @$17.5-18k. But where fear lies is Jerome Powell the chair himself of the Federal Reserve (FED UPDATES BY WED)

GOD, abeg o no let chair spoil ds soup. Abeg abeg. Village people, stay back in your village.

Let every Bull go and wash his head with hypo, and anoit your head with thick olive oil.

#Babydoge

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Geovanni412(m): 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2022
Omenyi1:
Guys I need advice. I have about 5.5m of a cousin brother and he wouldn't be needing it soon till like dec. I'm contemplating buying dolarz at beenance p2p at the current rate (715) and keeping till Nov or Dec with hope that it will appreciate and I will gain... What's the risk in buying and holding it till then. Will it likely fall down and even if it falls can I be able to convert the dolarz to a different currency and sell it without losing the capital.

Nobody knows tomorrow. I bought dollars at 630 all the way up to 700 naira. When I bought at 700 naira, the next week it crashed to 680 due to Emefiele dem and EFCC doing some BDC raids. Now, we are talking of 715 naira as fair value for dollar.
Before you do anything, answer these questions for yourself:
1.) What happens if binance locks you out of your acct?
2.) What happens if they hack the soft wallet you put it in?
3. ) Do you have a hard wallet?
4.) What happens if you are ill and at the hospital? How will he have access to his funds?
5.) How do you plan to avoid any p2p fraudsters lurking on binance or whatever platform you want to use to load the money?

The answers to these questions will help you decide if the highly probable appreciation in the money is worth the risk to you.

15 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Mayorona: 12:49pm On Sep 19, 2022
Omenyi1:

One rule I try not to break in this life is.

Never ever invest with someone else's money no matter what.

You can always manage risks if its your money.

Best advice is.

Leave that money alone. You can never predict the market.

10 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Kingsteve(m): 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
GRACEGLORY:
BTC had bottomed @$17.5-18K. Double bottom at the same level. All Technicalities points at 18k.
The bears are worn out @$17.5-18k. But where fear lies is Jerome Powell the chair himself of the Federal Reserve (FED UPDATES BY WED)

GOD, abeg o no let chair spoil ds soup. Abeg abeg. Village people, stay back in your village.

Let every Bull go and wash his head with hypo, and anoit your head with thick olive oil.

#Babydoge

The markets as it is have already priced in the rumoured 75BP interest rate hike.
The problem is, if it's higher than expected and reaches 100BP, that's when the markets might react aggressively and the selloff continues.
We shall see...

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2022
Shib leaving major (0.00009) support already, now @$0.00001080. It’s now a good buy. Next target @$0.000014
Volume is over 3.334T at the moment

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ballzproblem2: 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2022
Omenyi1:
you have already started to fail ,never I repeat , never go into any investment with pure speculation,what you are doing is gambling ,it won't end well,that money is not yours if anything happens to it and I am your cousin brother ,makachukwu you will not smell daylight until your people provide every last penny ,make Satan no use you .

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2022
Omenyi1:

Why not buy raw dollars and keep
If u have a dom account
But it can go both ways
My take is
Do small small buying from p2p
Don't be tempted to go above $500 per trade
But also know that it may drop
As the bull maybe artificial
But if u get mind be that oh

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kingsteve:

The markets as it is have already priced in the rumoured 75BP interest rate hike.
The problem is, if it's higher than expected and reaches 100BP, that's when the markets might react aggressively and the selloff continues.
We shall see...

I’m predicting 0.75

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2022
GRACEGLORY:

#Babydoge

So na hope indicator u dey use trade grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) ... (3670) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Taidi(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.