Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3297763 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (3644) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ronin1: 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ofadaman:
Information is Golden, it is actually power.

You may study the charts all you want, it's a lagging indicator and by the time you're taking positions , the players are already cashing out..what makes crytpo really interesting is that due to the nature of the market, it's very inefficient, because information isn't easily distributed to everyone equally , this is why many people see certain coins rise or fall and they struggle to understand the reason, many jump in and lose their hard earned money.

In my journey to game the market, i started trying out technical indicators, from bollinger bands, macd, stochs, alligators, volumes, ichiomuku, and countless others, eventually I started to read about statistics and discovered that with a moving average I can easily build 80%of the other indicators, they are all averages just the period and the weights differs.

Charts can help you spot pattern alright and know physchological points to exit and maybe barriers points to in or avoid.. but they hardly tell u when to jump in.... (Unless it's too late), these days people with basic understanding of the TA, draw funny charts and try to confuse the novice. Its not complex guys, it's just math..

Now, in recent times a new approach has surfaced and few are paying heed to it.. it's the social media noise and tags...

So I went ahead to build a sentiment analytic script on Python that scrubs twitter looking for tags lines on certain coins and their symbols, my plan was if a lot of people are tweetting about it and I can tell how many new mention per minute, if the tweet is positive or negative and if from what region it's coming from, how many followers does the people who tweett these things have and number of likes per tweet,. I could gain the market.. well, I did... But...

Technical indicators except volume lag alright but don't say charts lag, it's not an indicator to begin with, it's a graphical representation of the fight between buyers and sellers and there's no way it can lag. And there's so much information you can glean from those charts if you know anything about price action. Whatever works for one I suppose.

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DextrousDavid(m): 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
Sailor1:

Betece looks undecided... If not already in position, would keep safe until it reclaims some key areas... Once it does that, most coins could have further 10-20% upside... Esp micros...

Did you still take ada at 1.2? Abi fear no gree you?

what I did with ADA was this... I went in with 50% @ 1.33. then waited for further deep. I den jumped the remaining 50% into ADA @ 1.19.

not too bad I must say..

6 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Plut01: 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ofadaman:

You may study the charts all you want, it's a lagging indicator and by the time you're taking positions , the players are already cashing out..what makes crytpo really interesting is that due to the nature of the market, it's very inefficient, because information isn't easily distributed to everyone equally , this is why many people see certain coins rise or fall and they struggle to understand the reason, many jump in and lose their hard earned money.

In my journey to game the market, i started trying out technical indicators, from bollinger bands, macd, stochs, alligators, volumes, ichiomuku, and countless others, eventually I started to read about statistics and discovered that with a moving average I can easily build 80%of the other indicators, they are all averages just the period and the weights differs.

Charts can help you spot pattern alright and know physchological points to exit and maybe barriers points to in or avoid.. but they hardly tell u when to jump in.... (Unless it's too late), these days people with basic understanding of the TA, draw funny charts and try to confuse the novice. Its not complex guys, it's just math..

Now, in recent times a new approach has surfaced and few are paying heed to it.. it's the social media noise and tags...

So I went ahead to build a sentiment analytic script on Python that scrubs twitter looking for tags lines on certain coins and their symbols, my plan was if a lot of people are tweetting about it and I can tell how many new mention per minute, if the tweet is positive or negative and if from what region it's coming from, how many followers does the people who tweett these things have and number of likes per tweet,. I could gain the market.. well, I did... But...

The 'But' in your last paragraph means??

Your initiative is good.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DextrousDavid(m): 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ofadaman:

abeg make them leave genius for you o..

abeg finish this your yarn
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Cowbell521: 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
Cowbell521:
Another big fall loading.......
Hope someone listened?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Akinola2345(m): 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
DextrousDavid:

what I did with ADA was this... I went in with 50% @ 1.33. then waited for further deep. I den jumped the remaining 50% into ADA @ 1.19.

not too bad I must say..

This strategy is what I have been used...good if you have enough fund...

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Akinola2345(m): 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
MyChoice1:

Hello bro, please what of Ada and the 1st March upgrade/fork. What's it like? I have some Ada on me, I don't want to be bag holder. bnb bag is too heavy already
Bnb will see go high....don't be too hurry... I advice you
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Akinola2345(m): 1:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
Cowbell521:
Hope someone listened?

Will this affect ada?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GoodBoi1(m): 1:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
I made some profit from Ada this morning, entered at $1.22, left at $1:30. The way btc was going today, I thought Ada would dip when usa wakes up
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Josaj(m): 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ofadaman(m): 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ronin1:
·

Easy to say, hard to do
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by noobs123: 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
Blood on the dance floor.

Short term investors: Sad

Long term investors: Happy and buying more

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by PedigreeCity: 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
Can someone educate me the new beei on stop loss order and sell order using Binanve pls
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
How true is this statement

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Alexxien: 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
Sailor1:
Eith looks so weak...

Can't remember seeing eith this weak against other alyts...

Majors seem to be hitting ATH against eith not because they're performing well but because eith has been weak.

Either way, I still see it's current price as a discount which is why I'm slowly cycling profits in
The past, the present and the future of a coin depends solely on it fundamentals!!! And as it stands ethereeum fundamentals aren't looking good, especially now that it as a big, scary, serious competitor gunning after it head.

Now that most dapps are beginning to integrate cross-chain, they can easily interact with binancee smart chain without having to leave ethereumm smart contract, after this big correction investors are starting to have a rethink about ethereuum. Since most dapps be it new or old can now interact with the best smart chain out there or should I say the one that can process the "cheapest fee".

If ethereuum do not quickly solve their scalability problem especially right now, more than ever, their position is sitting on an edge. What is still keeping them alive is the benefit of been the first mover but they will continue to bleed out slowly until they die(someone worthy takes over their place)...... Sincerely, we won't even notice all this happening, of course, except one as allocated a lot of his networth into ether. One cannot see his net worth evaporated by 50% without noticing.....Lol....

Sincerely, one as to throw away emotions right now because let face it, we all love ethereuum that dude as always performed well and we still believe it will keep doing so. But now we have to choose who is going to be the future of smart contract.

If one is putting their money in ethereuum, then they are simply taking a bet that ethereuum will continue to be the leading smart chain for dapps developers even though it as become a big drag for dapps.

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
PedigreeCity:
Can someone educate me the new beei on stop loss order and sell order using Binanve pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by mogreen22: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
The dip has humbled everyone. This thread is now so quiet. I miss them long green candle days and the everyday signals ����

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojemedad: 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
mogreen22:
The dip has humbled everyone. This thread is now so quiet. I miss them long green candle days and the everyday signals ����

Bro we miss the green days too

People like me just dey say " na so life be?"

Happy Sunday to everyone, more greens to our portfolio
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by chineduisaac(m): 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
I use to trade on quidax some months ago, but now that the government has banned buying and selling of cryto how do you guys still buy?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Bunker1(m): 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ojemedad:

Bro we miss the green days too

People like me just dey say " na so life be?"

Happy Sunday to everyone, more greens to our portfolio
After buying the dip and realize that another dip is yet to arrive, how much patient can someone have. This market can be challenging. This is controlled by only one coin, Bitcoin
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tamel(m): 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2021
If you never unnecessary chop ban for n.airaland before , my bro you're not yet a member cheesy
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lovinhubby2wife(m): 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
Aye cryptocurrency cannot kill me o grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
lovinhubby2wife:

I'm not buying any dip until B.T.C shows recovery jare. I still have 15% of my capital in the market that is bleeding heavily when I had the opportunity to come out having averaged in at lower price to net off the loss.

Wey that guy wey put him life savings of $60k in B.T.C when it was $58k. It's a long way back for him. That's why you don't put all your capital in the market at the same time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by mogreen22: 6:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
lovinhubby2wife:
like!!! I bought bnb again wirh my last fiat at 210. Now it’s 198. Now I bought at 210,250 and 290. Chai. I have a long way to hold this my big bags mehn.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Honeysheabutter: 7:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Honeysheabutter:
Wow wow wow guys �
I've just gotten the highest paying website ive ever seen � that pays you just to watch ads of music artists from YouTube with some seconds �

✅ Register an account (only 1 account)
✅ Watch YouTube ads and get 0.2 DOGE per ads
✅ You have 15 clicks every time the reminder is set �
✅ Minimum withdrawal is 5 DOGE (means you can withdraw whenever the reminder is reset twice�)
✅ Connect your telegram account to it after registration
✅ Choose the free plan 0.2 DOGE / task
✅ One of the biggest and simplest loot isn't it?
✅ Withdrawal is in a trickle of an eye ��
✅ It's a Chinese owned site with easy user interface
✅ Get your share before they're now out of funds oh
http://taoofblock.com/register/Tunex777
100% real
Still paying
Opportunity to accumulate doge
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by clems88(m): 7:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
I'm tired of buying dip mehn. I'm not gonna put any other money into this thing angry . no cash cash daily trading again undecided

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by KrazyDave16(m): 7:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
Everyone today grin

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by IMAliyu(m): 7:29pm On Feb 28, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Enosa1(m): 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2021
Omoh, it's a bloody Sunday o... Everything just dipping...
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Hafyz23(m): 7:32pm On Feb 28, 2021
Everyone is a long term investor until big corrections come. Hodling
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2021
This is what binance CEO said about ethereum that spiked reactions all over twitter.

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by PedigreeCity: 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2021
Lala to roke?....

What goes around?...

He who laugh last?

Consoling moment!!!
Bigger days ahead

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (3644) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: seanwilliam(m), SamHarruna(m), Foladebe, snifferlee and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.