Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,775 members, 7,837,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (3661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3384929 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) (3663) (3664) ... (3683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Robnectar(m): 7:19pm On May 11
cry
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GMBuHarry: 7:34pm On May 11
Fellow Nigerians,

I would like to use this opportunity once again to urge you all to please stop doing Futures Trading on Crypto Exchanges.

Satoshi Nakamoto is no one. Bitcoin Price is not determined by demand and Supply. It is determined from an Office in the USA. Have you ever wondered why all the developed Countries have Banned Crypto Futures Trading? Europe, Australia, New Zealand and a whole lot more Countries with proactive Leaders have banned Crypto Futures Trading because of the way it destroys the best among the Youths of a Country.

Every Cryptocurrency Futures Trader follows the same path to their destruction;
First, The CEX allows them make profit from their first Futures trade so as to get them hooked and awaken their Greed.
Then it becomes a matter of time until the Futures Trader lose all their Earnings because now they have been hooked.
Greed once Awaken, becomes very difficult to put back to sleep.

You can make money from Crypto if you take Bitcoin as an investment like so. Wait for the Bitcoin ATH price to fall below half the Price before buying Bitcoin, then wait for 1 or two years afterwards for that ATH to be Broken before Selling. This is how to invest with Peace of mind.

Please my people, stop doing Futures Trade and protect your Health from untimely Hypertension. Lets direct our Brain and Intelligence into creating Innovations that will help Nigeria Grow and bring more respect to the Negroes both in Africa and in the Diaspora.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Azaland: 8:14pm On May 11
yinkeys:

Ok thanks but you have any paid version too
Use the free. It's all you need.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by nna777: 8:23pm On May 11
GMBuHarry:
Fellow Nigerians,

I would like to use this opportunity once again to urge you all to please stop doing Futures Trading on Crypto Exchanges.

Satoshi Nakamoto is no one. Bitcoin Price is not determined by demand and Supply. It is determined from an Office in the USA. Have you ever wondered why all the developed Countries have Banned Crypto Futures Trading? Europe, Australia, New Zealand and a whole lot more Countries with proactive Leaders have banned Crypto Futures Trading because of the way it destroys the best among the Youths of a Country.

Every Cryptocurrency Futures Trader follows the same path to their destruction;
First, The CEX allows them make profit from their first Futures trade so as to get them hooked and awaken their Greed.

I remember when I was like this in 2021 using high leverages to trade futures, not respecting BTC structure & its support & resistance as well as correlation btw btc & alts. I thought that the exchanges were against me & I lost $5k.

Fast forward to today after taking time to learn the bolded, I have not only recovered my capital but also made much more profit from trading futures.
If you take the time to learn, you’ll will recover. Nothing of value is free. You must pay the price.

If anyone tells you that making money will be easy in crypto, that person should be locked in prison for life. It’s not easy. I hope you learn from your mistakes and become better

7 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojimmu95: 8:35pm On May 11
nna777:

I remember when I was like this in 2021 using high leverages to trade futures, not respecting BTC structure & its support & resistance as well as correlation btw btc & alts. I thought that the exchanges were against me & I lost $5k.

Fast forward to today after taking time to learn the bolded, I have not only recovered my capital but also made much more profit from trading futures.
If you take the time to learn, you’ll will recover. Nothing of value is free. You must pay the price.

If anyone tells you that making money will be easy in crypto, that person should be locked in prison for life. It’s not easy. I hope you learn from your mistakes and become better
I sent you a pm sir
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by nna777: 8:35pm On May 11
Once you learn how to control your emotions, you are good to go. I rarely trade spot unless am buying close to the bottom.

I am not greedy. My leverages are always low.
I give enough room so I don’t get liquidated.
I don’t use stop loss (my trading style).
Once I make profit in a trade, I don’t trade for the next 24hrs especially when I close big profits. I have observed that if you go back & trade, they’ll collect your profit & capital from you.
Learn market structure, support & resistance before opening any trade.

Finally because we aren’t in a perfect system, you will always make mistakes. For every 5 trades I make, 3 end in profit while the other 2 in minimal losses rarely big losses.

9 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by nna777: 8:40pm On May 11
Ojimmu95:

I sent you a pm sir

Apologies but I don’t respond to pms. I have learnt from other people’s experiences. I will keep dropping my observations here about the market from time to time. You will have to use your discretion to enter.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojimmu95: 8:46pm On May 11
nna777:

Apologies but I don’t respond to pms. I have learnt from other people’s experiences. I will keep dropping my observations here about the market from time to time. You will have to use your discretion to enter.
Ok, sir, looking forward to learning more from you boss.
Thanks
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Landowner101(m): 9:10pm On May 11
Paykay:
you again,

When it was pumping you went and hid in your cave, now you don come out cause it is dumping.

Awon analyst

No bad feelings about Bitcoin dumping, it will give buyers a good discount

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Landowner101(m): 9:10pm On May 11
Smithwilliams826:
Chart fit change at anytime.

Ok
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Bitcoin: 10:20pm On May 11
author=GMBuHarry post=129904448]Fellow Nigerians,

The allure of daytrading is so enticing and that's why people venture into it only to realize that the odds are stacked against them. Only 1% of daytraders are consistently profitable for at least 2 years. I've been buying bitcoin since 2013 and I have met so many traders during this time and I don't know one person that has been profitable daytrading crypto. Some of these people had several hundreds and thousands of bitcoins as far back as 2013, had they just held, they will be billionaires but they thought they can could time the market.

If you check social media, most of these traders like to post screenshots when they made money but nobody post their loss. The so called trading gurus like to post pictures of nice cars and luxurious vacations as if they are making money from trading but when you check their profile, they are selling discord or patreon memberships. All their gains are made from selling memberships and not from trading.

Nobody posts their broker statements to prove they are profitable, but they are quick to post any good trade that worked out In their favor. What surprises me the most about daytraders is the lack of accountability in the community. Why isn't anyone asking to see proof before even taking someone's advice? If I'm paying someone money to teach me trading, I would like to know you are legitimately making your money from trading before teaching others.

Three reasons why I've always had a long term horizon and disliked daytrading. (1) I remember the story of the California 1850 gold rush; most people who flocked to California to mine gold ended up broke while the companies selling the shovels made so much money. Those selling the dream AKA trading platforms and gurus are reaping billions in profit while 99% of traders lose money. This is the very reason why my first bitcoin thread on nairaland was about creating a remittance business model similar to Western Union where we would charge less than WU and still turn a massive profit. I wasn't even interested in holding bitcoin at first, the idea was to send bitcoin instantly with virtually no fees, but still charge customers a fee that's significantly less than what WU would charge.

Second reason for my long term horizon has to do with a news article I read sometime in 2011 about Warren Buffet challenging hedge fund managers into taking a bet that they can beat the performance of the S&P 500 index in 10years time. Warren Buffet promised to give $1million to any hedgefund manager who could beat the S&P in 10years time. The challenge was actually started in 2008 and in 2018, the S&P outperformed the hedgefund manager who took the bet so he had to pay Buffet $1million. Just the fact that Buffet was willing to risk his reputation as one of the greatest investor of our time just to prove that actively managed portfolios perform worse than simply buying and holding made me really abstain from trading anything, crypto, stocks or forex.

Thirdly,I was sold on bitcoin's limited supply. 21 million bitcoins is all the bitcoins the world will ever have. In 2013 I remember people saying 1 bitcoin will be as high as $1,000 someday but most of us didn't even believe it was possible. Then along the years crazy investors like Cathie Woods said one bitcoin will be $144k, I think she has since revised her future prediction from $1.5 million to $3.8 million. While it feels good to see these lofty price predictions, nobody really knows how high it will get. Back in 2015 or so when she said it will hit over $100k, it seemed far fetched, but after hitting an all time high of over $73k, it doesn't seem so far away now. Just buy and hold, it could hit $1billion in your lifetime, or $1 million, nobody really knows. But the biggest mistake will be trying to time the market by selling because you think that's the high or buying because you think that's the low. Like I always say, everyday is a buying opportunity for crypto. You can buy every month as a form of dollar cost averaging. Like they say 'time in the market beats timing the market.' Sorry for the long reply.

15 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Hadizometer: 11:16pm On May 11
It seems institutions and market sentiments are not buying into crypto dis year,
Perhaps d bull run has even passed, and we are approaching winter

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tflex01: 1:15am On May 12
Bitcoin:

The allure of daytrading is so enticing and that's why people venture into it only to realize that the odds are stacked against them. Only 1% of daytraders are consistently profitable for at least 2 years. I've been buying bitcoin since 2013 and I have met so many traders during this time and I don't know one person that has been profitable daytrading crypto. Some of these people had several hundreds and thousands of bitcoins as far back as 2013, had they just held, they will be billionaires but they thought they can could time the market.

If you check social media, most of these traders like to post screenshots when they made money but nobody posts their loss. The so called trading gurus like to post pictures of nice cars and luxurious vacations as if their are making money from trading but when you check their profile, they are selling discord or patreon memberships. All their gains are made from selling memberships and not from trading.

Nobody posts their broker statements to prove they are profitable, but they are quick to post any good trade that worked out In their favor. What surprises me the most about daytraders is the lack of accountability in the community. Why isn't anyone asking to see proof before even taking someone's advice? If I'm paying someone money to teach me trading, I would like to know you are legitimately making your money from trading before teaching others.

Three reasons why I've always had a long term horizon and disliked daytrading. (1) I remember the story of the California 1850 gold rush; most people who flocked to California to mine gold ended up broke while the companies selling the shovels made so much money. Those selling the dream AKA trading platforms and gurus are reaping billions in profit while 99% of traders lose money. This is the very reason why my first bitcoin thread on nairaland was about creating a remittance business model similar to Western Union where we would charge less than WU and still turn a massive profit. I wasn't even interested in holding bitcoin at first, the idea was to send bitcoin instantly with virtually no fees, but still charge customers a fee that's significantly less than what WU would charge.

Second reason for my long term horizon has to do with a news article I read sometime in 2011 about Warren Buffet challenging hedge fund managers into taking a bet that they can beat the performance of the S&P 500 index in 10years time. Warren Buffet promised to give $1million to any hedgefund manager who could beat the S&P in 10years time. The challenge was actually started in 2008 and in 2018, the S&P outperformed the hedgefund manager who took the bet so he had to pay Buffet $1million. Just the fact that Buffet was willing to risk his reputation as one of the greatest investor of our time just to prove that actively managed portfolios perform worse than simply buying and holding made me really abstain from trading anything, crypto, stocks or forex.

Thirdly,I was sold on bitcoin's limited supply. 21 million bitcoins is all the bitcoins the world will ever have. In 2013 I remember people saying 1 bitcoin will be as high as $1,000 someday but most of us didn't even believe it was possible. Then along the years crazy investors like Cathie Woods said one bitcoin will be $144k, I think she has since revised her future prediction from $1.5 million to $3.8 million. While it feels good to see these loft price predictions, nobody really knows how high it will get. Back in 2015 or so when she said it will hit over $100k, it seemed far fetched, but after hitting an all time high of over $73k, it doesn't seem so far away now. Just buy and hold, it could hit $1billion in your lifetime, or $1 million, nobody really knows. But the biggest mistake will be trying to time the market by selling because you think that's the high or buying because you think that's the low. Like I always say, everyday is a buying opportunity for crypto. You can buy every month as a form of dollar cost averaging. Like they say 'time in the market beats timing the market.' Sorry for the long reply.

Quite a good read.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Azaland: 6:17am On May 12
Bitcoin:

If you check social media, ...

God bless you sir.

At the end of the day, knowledge wins. Experience is gold too. And it's effective till to learn from people.

Guys, let your strategy differentiate you from a gambler.

INNOVATIVE STARTUP PROJECTS, LAUNCHPADS?

No one is even talking about launchpad participation. Trust me, that is where the modern gold is. They could give you 100,000% ROI.

Will share more details.

Someone gave example of Shibs. Typical example.

There are more stellar projects in the making, not the proliferating memefi projects (yet people still make fortune from even the memefi).

I target only projects that solve real life problems. I participate in one myself. There are more in the market.

Stay tuned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by benzene00: 11:11am On May 12
I have set aside 400k dot. For this bullrun.

Do you think I can turn it to a million before January 1?

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Smithwilliams826: 11:45am On May 12
benzene00:

I don't think so. Why not convert to Nakamotogames.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheBTCinvestor: 12:09pm On May 12
I just bought BONK and PEPE coin to hold...pls hope these are good coins
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Paykay: 12:22pm On May 12
benzene00:

is like you haven't witnessed bullrun before??

Just this mini rally we had from January to March, I made close to 2.5 million just from 500k investment. You think bull run is a joke.

Check most coin like pepe, if you have invested 400k in pepe as of January 1st of this year what you will be having in your wallet would around 1.8million despite the dip.

Dogwifhat is almost up 2,000% YTD(year to date) meaning if you had invested 400k on dogwifhat on January 1st you would turned your money to around 8million.

So my brother, you will make money in Crypto if you know what you doing and have a little bit of grace.. Shalom...

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by sheanzy(m): 12:35pm On May 12
Paykay:

Just this mini rally we had from January to March, I made close to 2.5 million just from 500k investment. You think bull run is a joke.

Check most coin like pepe, if you have invested 400k in pepe as of January 1st of this year what you will be having in your wallet would around 1.8million despite the dip.

Dogwifhat is almost up 2,000% YTD(year to date) meaning if you had invested 400k on dogwifhat on January 1st you would turned your money to around 8million.

So my brother, you will make money in Crypto if you know what you doing and have a little bit of grace.. Shalom...
lol many people have not really witnessed bull run for the first time.

When bitcoin tops and money starts flowing into Altcoins
when the real altseason starts, that's when you will start hearing the phrase "crypto Na blood money"
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheBTCinvestor: 1:47pm On May 12
Paykay:

Hmmmm really..I heard of that Dogwifhat....omo..
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tflex01: 3:30pm On May 12
TheBTCinvestor:

Hmmmm really..I heard of that Dogwifhat....omo..

Put any money you won't need till December in $BOME (Book of Meme)

That is a potential $PEPE and $WIF combined. Please DYOR

NFA

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GovernmentAgent: 3:31pm On May 12
Paykay:
grin

The way they hyped this bull run, you did expect by now bitcoin would be close to 100k.

The hype is part of the scam called cryotocurrency!

While new people are bringing in fresh funds, old timers in the system are cashing out.

All Ponzi schemes are based on this same modus operandi

11 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ojonugway(m): 4:00pm On May 12
I have 5M naira worth of Bome.
I bought in a few days ago
It is my largest bag

Can $Bome do a X10 or X20 before January 1, 2025?

Which is more achievable?

Tflex01:

Put any money you won't need till December in $BOME (Book of Meme)

That is a potential $PEPE and $WIF combined. Please DYOR

NFA
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by SINisSIN(m): 4:44pm On May 12
Make this una Bome no be like SLP that year angry

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tflex01: 4:51pm On May 12
ojonugway:
I have 5M naira worth of Bome.
I bought in a few days ago
It is my largest bag

Can $Bome do a X10 or X20 before January 1, 2025?

Which is more achievable?

Personally, I think you are too invested. And Meme can never be my largest bag.

$BOME is a easy X20... How soon we'll see that depends on BTC.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Alexas58: 5:02pm On May 12
Don’t forget to bag some CRO

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ojonugway(m): 5:04pm On May 12
Tflex01:

Personally, I think you are too invested. And Meme can never be my largest bag.

$BOME is a easy X20... How soon we'll see that depends on BTC.

I'll wait on X20

I just feel a connection for solana meme coins and bome is my first love

I'm willing to risk it all.
If you know other solana coin with a 10-20x potential

Pls share
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Hedonisco: 5:16pm On May 12
ojonugway:

I'll wait on X20

I just feel a connection for solana meme coins and bome is my first love

I'm willing to risk it all.
If you know other solana coin with a 10-20x potential

Pls share

Myro is a dark horse. It will surprise everybody. Its low market cap and dedicated community is such an attraction. I've recently gambled big with it, and will ride with it all the way.

That said, btc is where I call home.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ojonugway(m): 5:30pm On May 12
Hedonisco:

Myro is a dark horse. It will surprise everybody. Its low market cap and dedicated community is such an attraction. I've recently gambled big with it, and will ride with it all the way.

That said, btc is where I call home.

I've always seen but ignored MYRO
I guess I will do my research
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by yinkeys(m): 8:17pm On May 12
Azaland:

Use the free. It's all you need.
Thanks a lot brother
It’s USA IP address I need
Any downsides to using the app
How many minutes or hours to use before it disconnects.
Maximum session time before it disconnects?

Unfortunately I connected my phone via WiFi to the vpn
It appears the only free American IP address is blacklisted cry
ipfighter revealed its blacklisted
Maybe many people have used it or it ain’t strong enough
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Walexy96: 8:55pm On May 12
Azaland:

Let's use blockchain technology to solve this problem once and for all.

Seriously, once and for all.

Azaman I am with you 100.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Offpointng: 9:26pm On May 12
TheBTCinvestor:
I just bought BONK and PEPE coin to hold...pls hope these are good coins

lmao. buying already billion Mcap coins can be nothing but a joke to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) (3663) (3664) ... (3683) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: BannedUser, Niza01(m), Veenbanks(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.