Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3346041 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 8:04am On Feb 03, 2021
afroxyz:

Its not compicated. Yoy deposit in your spot wallet transfer to P2P then initiate a trade to buy. Alternatively go to Binance academy (or download) and read up on any info you need

He can just buy spot directly on the exchange rather than going through p2p

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 8:08am On Feb 03, 2021
kolagbemi:

Now that bold is my major concern with this day trading and use of Stop-loss.

I discovered stop-loss keep making me miss out on rapid moves, especially around resistance/support level. Also, jumping in and out doesn't seem profitable. Still seriously researching.

Loss is a great motivator....the way I'm digging info and checking different strategies....you do think I lost more than 300usd.

Hehe... some will say stop losses are for bear markets... lol

Understanding the entry point and market cycle is important... letting things ride and taking profits at resistance, to reenter at retest of support or claim of resistance can sometimes be better than depending on your stoploss to bail you out..

Stop loss is to prevent u from making losses not necessarily to protect your profit except you time it well. Also, it works best on coins that hold structure e.g eith not ones who wick allover the place
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Bhadmus7: 8:13am On Feb 03, 2021
ETHy Is going to record huge increase more than BEtece...
They are trying to close the gap ratio between BETECE and ethy..
That does not mean betece will be bearish..infact, betece will still experience more huge incresse from today till this week runs out.
This is as Micro Strategy are trying to Make a demonstration to over 1400 potential Investors who will dump Gold to buy Betece.
The market seems good for both of them
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by dogtails(m): 8:20am On Feb 03, 2021
Hello house I bought xrp at d rate of 350 with over 200k and now its around 181,what should I do cos I'm kinda frustrated and confused at d same time??
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tinneh: 8:25am On Feb 03, 2021
agadapromise98:
u can't buy using a verve card via luno, what about binance
I dont tink u can use verve for any online transaction
Havent tried binance tho
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 8:28am On Feb 03, 2021
Ojemedad:

I too an early leap from Eth and it is still waxing strong, Is it advisable to dive in again ?

I don't get... Not really a fan of diving in and out on a strong trend after break of ATH.... Identifying levels here is tricky
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 8:31am On Feb 03, 2021
Seems xrp did alot of people dirty... Hehe..

Welcome to crypto... Almost every investor/trader here has been burnt by exrp at one time or the other..we all learn lessons...

It'd still bounce back... But no one knows when. Nd be sure any immediate bounce will be sold into as frustrated folks plenty...

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 8:45am On Feb 03, 2021
kolagbemi:

Now that bold is my major concern with this day trading and use of Stop-loss.

To add to the above, let me give you an example of what I said using Band. I got some around 6-7

It pumped over 30% yesterday... Usually, when sensible coins pump that way, there'd be a pullback...

If you look at the first chart (4hrly I think), it broke out after testing anf reclaiming the 10.5 level the 4th time (remember 4th) and ran...
The next place to stop will be at significant resistance..
Guess where?... Look at the weekly chart (second pic) and you see why it got rejected at the 12.5 level. That was a level that acted as resistance in September 2020.

On rejection, it went back to test support (1st pic) and confirmed the 10.5 area which was a previous resistance as support.
A good bounce here confirms the bullish trend and its heading towards 12.5 again.

If it takes 12.5, the next logical stop from the chart will be 14.5 and ATH at 16.5 ish......

If you're trading, identifying these areas to enter/exit is much better than relying on your stop loss to be hit... You can always re-enter on a claim of resistance

This is a clean chart... Others may not be so clean... But a good coyn will always have structure.
As a day trader, alot lies in identifying support/resistance areas or demand/supply clusters so you don't keep jumping in and out at random places... Coyns don't just move because they move

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 8:57am On Feb 03, 2021
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 9:05am On Feb 03, 2021
Jerry59:
software wallets like?

Don't know so much about soft wallets. @abduljabber1 could be of help. They are good but obviously not as secure as hardware ones
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by AbdulJabbar1: 10:14am On Feb 03, 2021
coolfredo:
. Bro pls which of de coihn should i buy for a long term project. From now till dec minimum. Thanks

I’d advise splitting your portfolio btw Eithy, And Betece for your long term, you can’t possibly go wrong with those two, bad as e bad, you go make better gain

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Jerry59: 10:16am On Feb 03, 2021
Sailor1:

Don't know so much about soft wallets. @abduljabber1 could be of help. They are good but obviously not as secure as hardware ones
Alright thanks tho
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by AbdulJabbar1: 10:19am On Feb 03, 2021
dogtails:
Hello house I bought xrp at d rate of 350 with over 200k and now its around 181,what should I do cos I'm kinda frustrated and confused at d same time??

Wawu
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Jerry59: 10:21am On Feb 03, 2021
dogtails:
I hate to see stories like this cry
Newbies have been advised couple times not to chase market. People have been making money from crypt0 and will keep making money till thy kingdom comes so stop thinking you’ve come late to the party. There will always be opportunities to buy moreover there are also a lot of other good coins to buy.

Instead of jumping in and hoping to get lucky use that opportunity to study about a coin( technically and fundamentally).... read, read and read you’ll benefit from doing so in the long run. Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by AbdulJabbar1: 10:26am On Feb 03, 2021
Sailor1:

@jerry59
For soft wallets I’d suggest B-it Pay. But you’d have to make sure you store your keys well, in case your device gets lost or formatted. You’d be able to just download the app on another device and restore it. It’s been a life saver. I however prefer the offline hardware wallets cuz it helps me save my qoins better. If I Dey see am inside B it pay e go dey show me balance in real-time... I no wan see balance in real time; na wetin dey cause panic sales be that & because the app is always there you’d always check. But the hardware ones be like kolo; but one might deem them expensive, but b it pay is free

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by AbdulJabbar1: 10:32am On Feb 03, 2021
Jerry59:
I hate to see stories like this cry
Newbies have been advised couple times not to chase market. People have been making money from crypt0 and will keep making money till thy kingdom comes so stop thinking you’ve come late to the party. There will always be opportunities to buy moreover there are also a lot of other good coins to buy.

Instead of jumping in and hoping to get lucky use that opportunity to study about a coin( technically and fundamentally).... read, read and read you’ll benefit from doing so in the long run. Cheers!

I think Dogtails selectively read about rip & made the common decision a lot of newbies made in the beginning, chased dogtails by jumping in when crunch time was already over. As Jerry59 said and a lot of us have always said here; always study the previous weeks on the chart, makes no sense getting in a market where a qoin that hasn’t done 20% in three weeks suddenly does 100% and we want to get in when it’s already at 90% if it’s potential. If it’s previous price was 150, why get it at 300. It’s like seeing betece at 36k and waiting till it begins an uprising till 42 & cuz it’s past 42, believing it will hit 50 jumping in and then it crashes, except with betece one can gaurantee it will at least rise again to and past that level eventually.

Before you take your next step, weigh your options, are you in for long term or short term, if long term, just wait a bit let rip prices rise above 200, dump it or if you have the mind, count your losses and get eithy when it has rested, not now, cuz it would still do its thing today, I already liquidated mine and I’m waiting for another entry but I most likely won’t find one till tonight

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by tolulope2021(m): 10:32am On Feb 03, 2021
Please ,I want to ask a question.

I bought 100k worht of eith this January and I have the intention of holding for like 8-9 months . And I noticed it has been increasing like its up to 120k now. My question is..

1. Is it advisable I sell the 20k profit and keep in my wallet because I don't have the intention of using the money now and allow the capital to grow again which I can collect the profit also later on and keep or I should leave the 20k profit with the capital for it to grow together for this duration(8-9) months....which is advisable

2. Anothe question is ,should I sell the 120k worth and wait till dip then use 100k to buy another worth of eith?
Waiting for response.
@jedisco,@abu@enlightened
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Jerry59: 10:36am On Feb 03, 2021
Thanks bro, will definitely check it out

@ the bolded that’s true but wetin man go do as that trezzor is expensive lemme go with the software own...for now

AbdulJabbar1:

@jerry59
For soft wallets I’d suggest B-it Pay. But you’d have to make sure you store your keys well, in case your device gets lost or formatted. You’d be able to just download the app on another device and restore it. It’s been a life saver. I however prefer the offline hardware wallets cuz it helps me save my qoins better. If I Dey see am inside B it pay e go dey show me balance in real-time... I no wan see balance in real time; na wetin dey cause panic sales be that & because the app is always there you’d always check. But the hardware ones be like kolo; but one might deem them expensive, but b it pay is free

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by AbdulJabbar1: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2021
tolulope2021:
Please ,I want to ask a question.

I bought 100k worht of eith this January and I have the intention of holding for like 8-9 months . And I noticed it has been increasing like its up to 120k now. My question is..

1. Is it advisable I sell the 20k profit and keep in my wallet because I don't have the intention of using the money now and allow the capital to grow again which I can collect the profit also later on and keep or I should leave the 20k profit with the capital for it to grow together for this duration(8-9) months....which is advisable

2. Anothe question is ,should I sell the 120k worth and wait till dip then use 100k to buy another worth of eith?
Waiting for response.
@jedisco,@abu@enlightened

In a situation like this, what I usually do is sell my profit, and wait for a dip to renter with my profits. Cuz if you dump all, and wait for a dip with eithy, you’d most likely not be able to buy at the 600k you bought in at initially. But by withdrawing only your profit, and seeking a lower entry, you’d actually gain slightly more in qoin value which is great for a qoin like eithy cuz you can’t lose

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheEnlightenedO(m): 10:47am On Feb 03, 2021
Jerry59:
Thanks bro, will definitely check it out

@ the bolded that’s true but wetin man go do as that trezzor is expensive lemme go with the software own...for now

YeZziR!! Be sure to keep your recovery pass phrase safely boss very important

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by tolulope2021(m): 10:47am On Feb 03, 2021
AbdulJabbar1:

In a situation like this, what I usually do is sell my profit, and wait for a dip to renter with my profits. Cuz if you dump all, and wait for a dip with eithy, you’d most likely not be able to buy at the 600k you bought in at initially. But by withdrawing only your profit, and seeking a lower entry, you’d actually gain slightly more in qoin value which is great for a qoin like eithy cuz you can’t lose

Thanks. if I nderetand you better, you mean I should sell off my profit and use the profit to buy more eith during dip?

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheEnlightenedO(m): 10:50am On Feb 03, 2021
tolulope2021:

Thanks. if I nderetand you better, you mean I should sell off my profit and use the profit to buy more eith during dip?

YeZzir

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Brigance(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2021
What’s exactly is going on with Stmx?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by tolulope2021(m): 10:58am On Feb 03, 2021
TheEnlightenedO:

YeZzir

And if I keep doing that for the best 8 months,...will I still make my profit

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Jmandotcom: 11:03am On Feb 03, 2021
Made some profits off this coin earlier today. It's passed 0.009 but as usual, I have used my senses to opt out before any touchy story. You should be suggesting more coins for us here please. Thanks boss.
OpenHeaven2019:

Buy STMX on Binance. Set buy order for anything below 0.005

Set Sell order at 0.0075 - easy 50% by latest Friday 5th of February 2021.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by dottozil: 11:14am On Feb 03, 2021
Jmandotcom:
Made some profits off this coin earlier today. It's passed 0.009 but as usual, I have used my senses to opt out before any touchy story. You should be suggesting more coins for us here please. Thanks boss.

Seconded

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by dottozil: 11:16am On Feb 03, 2021
OpenHeaven2019:

Buy STMX on Binance. Set buy order for anything below 0.005

Set Sell order at 0.0075 - easy 50% by latest Friday 5th of February 2021.

Made my first profit from your analysis, thanks so much, pls always drop more when you have some

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheEnlightenedO(m): 11:17am On Feb 03, 2021
tolulope2021:

And if I keep doing that for the best 8 months,...will I still make my profit

I’ve been doing that for the past 3 years, I’m sitting on over 400% of what I started with in 2018 which was when I officially decided to do nothing else but trade myself.

I had over 14 betece from a price of 2.95 & sold when it was 4.7-4.9 a pop in July 2019, i sold at a nice 50% flip I rentered at 2.5 (bear in mind everyone was sayin betece was too expensive at this time in Nov 2019) after playing with eithy just like we all playing with rip etc for now and got over 25. by Dec 2019 I had over 30 & kept buying more cuz in Dec it was 2.7
That period self I didn’t know how to beat the 2% fee on Lno yet, I was using direct sell but didn’t matter cuz of the profit margins.
With the boom from December, I currently hold well over 50 betece & that’s only half my portfolio and it’s mostly cuz I reenter with my profits
That number isn’t even up to what I have in my offline wallet now. But I’ve always used this strategy, I always rebuy in dips to stash and cash out in a major hike and sit it out again to rebuy.

Stick with betece and eithy I guarantee you you cannot lose.

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheEnlightenedO(m): 11:18am On Feb 03, 2021
Jmandotcom:

Good to read things like this

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheEnlightenedO(m): 11:20am On Feb 03, 2021
Noticed a lot more people announcing profits rather than losses now... GOOD TO SEE MOST ARE GETTING THE CONCEPT

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 11:21am On Feb 03, 2021
Link and eith....
Link usually follows eith.... It's soo overdue a run

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (3666) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: valiju, ThegreatDon, lumide533(m), TheyVid(m), Innomama7(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.