Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3382038 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (3682) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by dottozil: 11:34am On Feb 03, 2021
Ojemedad:
Hello house, after selling do you leave your funds in USDT or move it to fiat?

Because I left mine in USDT and it is affect my balance

Someone should answer this pls, since USDT is a stable coin it shouldn't affect your balance
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 11:42am On Feb 03, 2021
tolulope2021:
Please ,I want to ask a question.

I bought 100k worht of eith this January and I have the intention of holding for like 8-9 months . And I noticed it has been increasing like its up to 120k now. My question is..

1. Is it advisable I sell the 20k profit and keep in my wallet because I don't have the intention of using the money now and allow the capital to grow again which I can collect the profit also later on and keep or I should leave the 20k profit with the capital for it to grow together for this duration(8-9) months....which is advisable

2. Anothe question is ,should I sell the 120k worth and wait till dip then use 100k to buy another worth of eith?
Waiting for response.
@jedisco,@abu@enlightened

People have given thier advice which are all sensible... I'd say it's a personal financial decision.

It's important to get what works for you and manage risk too in accordance with your trading plan. Not everyone can monitor the movements daily and some wait for a significant move up to sell....

You could take some profit now or wait for a bigger move b4 taking to rebuy... It all depends
But then, I wouldn't advise selling all just yet, yes it may dip but then identifying anf buying a proper dip is also tricky...

E.g I know folks who sold their betece at 20k and were waiting for 14k... Them still dey wait. Also, some sold at 27k hoping to get in at 20k... They're still waiting and may never get it...
Conversely, some will not sell at all and the price will crash with them..

I always tell myself, no one can time the exact top or bottom. Tryna do that is recipe for disaster.. What we hope for is buying close to the bottom and exiting after good profit.

7 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by JayromWrites: 11:46am On Feb 03, 2021
senior men in the house,

I've counted my losses from Rip
please any advice on which qoin to buy atm at Roqq.u
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by tolulope2021(m): 11:50am On Feb 03, 2021
jedisco:

People have given thier advice which are all sensible... I'd say it's a personal financial decision.

It's important to get what works for you and manage risk too in accordance with your trading plan. Not everyone can monitor the movements daily and some wait for a significant move up to sell....

You could take some profit now or wait for a bigger move b4 taking to rebuy... It all depends
But then, I wouldn't advise selling all just yet, yes it may dip but then identifying anf buying a proper dip is also tricky...

E.g I know folks who sold their betece at 20k and were waiting for 14k... Them still dey wait. Also, some sold at 27k hoping to get in at 20k... They're still waiting and may never get it...
Conversely, some will not sell at all and the price will crash with them..

I always tell myself, no one can time the exact top or bottom. Tryna do that is recipe for disaster.. What we hope for is buying close to the bottom and exiting after good profit.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by tolulope2021(m): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2021
TheEnlightenedO:

I’ve been doing that for the past 3 years, I’m sitting on over 400% of what I started with in 2018 which was when I officially decided to do nothing else but trade myself.

I had over 14 betece from a price of 2.95 & sold when it was 4.7-4.9 a pop in July 2019, i sold at a nice 50% flip I rentered at 2.5 (bear in mind everyone was sayin betece was too expensive at this time in Nov 2019) after playing with eithy just like we all playing with rip etc for now and got over 25. by Dec 2019 I had over 30 & kept buying more cuz in Dec it was 2.7
That period self I didn’t know how to beat the 2% fee on Lno yet, I was using direct sell but didn’t matter cuz of the profit margins.
With the boom from December, I currently hold well over 50 betece & that’s only half my portfolio and it’s mostly cuz I reenter with my profits
That number isn’t even up to what I have in my offline wallet now. But I’ve always used this strategy, I always rebuy in dips to stash and cash out in a major hike and sit it out again to rebuy.

Stick with betece and eithy I guarantee you you cannot lose.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 11:54am On Feb 03, 2021
JayromWrites:
senior men in the house,

I've counted my losses from Rip

please any advice on which qoin to buy atm at Roqq.u

Another ripple victim...

How much of your portfolio in in xrp... Or have you exited already?
One thing you should do before looking for what to buy, take a note of what went wrong with your xrp trade... If possible write it down. This market flows in cycles and scenarios can be quite repititive. It'd test your errors until you learn from there... So it's worth reviewing losses

On what to buy, I'd say the market is getting overheated... Folks are overleveraging and the market may look to flush them b4 any further move. So it may be better to wait towards the weekend/early next week for a dip. That said, don't forget that eith has broken ATH and altys will likely boom soon.

It might be worth holding unto your exrp (if you're still in it) as it may pump when others dip

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2021
jedisco:

It might be worth holding unto your exrp (if you're still in it) as it may pump when others dip
My research shows they never pump so soon after pnd. Look at what Doge is doing. I finally sold now at crippling loss.
Could be worse.

Stmx_ is tempting me again.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by JayromWrites: 12:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
jedisco:

Another ripple victim...

How much of your portfolio in in xrp... Or have you exited already?
One thing you should do before looking for what to buy, take a note of what went wrong with your xrp trade... If possible write it down. This market flows in cycles and scenarios can be quite repititive. It'd test your errors until you learn from there... So it's worth reviewing losses

On what to buy, I'd say the market is getting overheated... Folks are overleveraging and the market may look to flush them b4 any further move. So it may be better to wait towards the weekend/early next week for a dip. That said, don't forget that eith has broken ATH and altys will likely boom soon.

Thanks

I'll just hodl for a while

But I have some money on my naira wallet already.. the we thinking there was a qoin out there on roqqu worth risking om
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by OpenHeaven2019(f): 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2021
OpenHeaven2019:

Buy STMX on Binance. Set buy order for anything below 0.005

Set Sell order at 0.0075 - easy 50% by latest Friday 5th of February 2021.

Am happy people made money from this call.

Very happy.

I left at 0.0075 and not going back because profit is profit.

But i do believe it would keep riding.

We must make money here.

6 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ibrahrem9606: 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hello #DogecoinToTheMoon earners, here is a sit where you can easily mine dogecoin, with just your data network.....its free, fast and easy ...oll you need is just a working cellular or wifi network and ur good .

https://dogeminer.agency/referral/160578

#dogearmy
#dogecointo1dollar
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by smacky619(m): 1:17pm On Feb 03, 2021
please investors, am a newbie,please can instant selling of Bitcoin override the selling order that was previously set?
please answer to save a soul
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ronin1: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2021
ModelX:

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by billyG(m): 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
dogtails:
Hello house I bought xrp at d rate of 350 with over 200k and now its around 181,what should I do cos I'm kinda frustrated and confused at d same time??
@ 350 U think it go to 450 xrp na join on 1leg ooo!

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojemedad: 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2021
STMX is tempting
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FocusedB1h(f): 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
Been seeing comments of so many people burnt by XRP and while it’s sad it kinda feels good to know I’m not alone cheesy

Anyways, I’ll advice you all to hold for now. XRP is a pump and dump coin and this is just first week of February. Before the end of this month or latest by next month; I believe another PnD opportunity will arise. Just follow the market closely and get ready to leverage on it

I want to believe that you guys actually invested money that isn’t urgently needed, if you didn’t then this advice doesn’t apply to you sadly.
I don’t see the point of entering at 350 and selling at 181, when you know you don’t really need the money like that. That’s a huge loss; at least wait to sell at a price closest to your entry price.
Patience is a quality you need to learn to have in this crypto game.
Every dog has its day and XRP will have its day again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ronin1: 1:58pm On Feb 03, 2021
dottozil:
Someone should answer this pls, since USDT is a stable coin it shouldn't affect your balance

It's pegged against the USD in a 1-to-1 ratio meaning 1 usdt is going to always equal $1. And USD isn't exactly stable. It's a stablecoin in the sense that each token is backed by an actual FIAT

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojemedad: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ronin1:

It's pegged against the USD in a 1-to-1 ratio meaning 1 usdt is going to always equal $1. And USD isn't exactly stable. It's a stablecoin in the sense that each token is backed by an actual FIAT

What I'm trying to know is that say I bought btc at rate of 50 and sold at 60 then I converted to USDT, waiting to reenter another market and all of a sudden the price of btc dropped to 30, willvot affect the value I already have in USDT?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Jmandotcom: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
You really try for us. Thanks a lot.

My significant profit from trading midnight/today has come from STMX. I wish to go further as the value keeps making upward trajectory but I must be disciplined. The little ive made today is ok for now. I fear losing, dunno of its a strength or weakness. I rather make little profit than probably lose a lot. We move

OpenHeaven2019:

Am happy people made money from this call.

Very happy.

I left at 0.0075 and not going back because profit is profit.

But i do believe it would keep riding.

We must make money here.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheZebra: 2:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
Sold my 0.2 eith at 1480 and was waiting for a dip which didn't happen. I missed the pump from 1480 to 1557

Had to jump in at 1520, Gosh.

I didn't even know what made me sold it cos I've been hodling for like 5months, geez
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ken124: 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pls who knows about digital space capital
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Akinola2345(m): 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
Stmx for life.....from #2 naira to over#7 naira..

I am withdraw now...
OK with the profit

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by dottozil: 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ronin1:

Thanks alot for this, so it can actually move up or down
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by OliverK: 2:19pm On Feb 03, 2021
Abeg where can I buy this STMX??... I'm using Roqqu and can't find it there.

PS: I'm a newbie make una teach me abeg.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Debalanza: 2:22pm On Feb 03, 2021
I need GPU for mining Rtx3070 or 3080
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 2:22pm On Feb 03, 2021
ModelX:

My research shows they never pump so soon after pnd. Look at what Doge is doing. I finally sold now at crippling loss.
Could be worse.

Hehe... Finally...
The plan is always to frustrate folks into capitulation so whales can fill their bags and repeat thesame process...
Doge had a exit pump which was truncated at 0.5. I advised folks here to take advantage of it to empty their bags even if it was at a loss but more were still asking where to buy doge from...
I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks down soon..

On exrp... Something about it makes we think it'd pump relatively soon ish and surprise folks...
Either way, I'm also waiting for an exit pump to empty my bags..
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
JayromWrites:

Thanks

I'll just hodl for a while

But I have some money on my naira wallet already.. the we thinking there was a qoin out there on roqqu worth risking om

I don't trade on rokku and not sure what's available there...
On coyns, I've shared thoughts on some recently
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by sKeetz(m): 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
OliverK:
Abeg where can I buy this STMX??... I'm using Roqqu and can't find it there.

PS: I'm a newbie make una teach me abeg.

DON'T
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ojemedad:
STMX is tempting

Hehe... This market keeps giving you thesame exam until you pass it...

So you mean with all the opportunities in the market, its a pnd you are keen on....

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
TheZebra:
Sold my 0.2 eith at 1480 and was waiting for a dip which didn't happen. I missed the pump from 1480 to 1557

Had to jump in at 1520, Gosh.

I didn't even know what made me sold it cos I've been hodling for like 5months, geez

Hehe...

It was quite obvious you sold at the wrong time... For large coyns, selling to buy dips shouldn't be random
If you thought it'd dip in that range, the best was to wait for it to dip below 1400 or set a stoploss below 1400 if you're worried of a rapid selloff.

I remember advising you to take a retest of the 1500 level which was bought up quickly as expected.

Now you may get in and it dumps further compounding the loss or you may stay out and it jeeps running....

But anyway, no one has all perfect trades... There'd always be opportunities

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojemedad: 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
Sailor1:

Hehe... This market keeps giving you thesame exam until you pass it...

So you mean with all the opportunities in the market, its a pnd you are keen on....

Haha grin grin, it is so tempting
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
sKeetz:

DON'T

Hehe... Na human nature.... Even if it happens 100x, people will still rush in 100x knowing that majority will get burnt...

My advice with all the pnd which will keep coming up is simple...

Try nd keep off except you get in very early...
Either way, if you must trade it, its advisable not to allocate more that 10% of your portfolio to that trade...

Those coyns are meant to increase your betece... Its not advisable to have more portfolio in micros than betece nd eith.... Wahala be like bicycle

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (3682) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: patricknz(m), Jaxx439 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.