Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (881) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3282837 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) ... (3638) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by highmey(m): 5:57pm On May 26, 2021
Thyes:
Good evening
Pls I want to uninstall my binance for the main time(exam period)
It's verified btw

What are the things I'll be required to have it logged in back?
Cause I don't have the seed phrase

The security I use is sms and email and I still have access to the two(mail and phone number?

Checking every here and there is draining my energy

Just your phone number for SMS and Email.

Tokens to login will be sent to both phone number (as an SMS) and to your email.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Thyes: 6:20pm On May 26, 2021
cluewebhost:

Sms and email no seed phrase

Thanks so much
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Thyes: 6:21pm On May 26, 2021
IyaTola:
Freeze it instead

I always end up unfreezing it grin

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Thyes: 6:21pm On May 26, 2021
highmey:

Just your phone number for SMS and Email.

Tokens to login will be sent to both phone number (as an SMS) and to your email.
Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by IyaTola: 6:22pm On May 26, 2021
Thyes:

I always end up unfreezing it grin
You not discipline
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by stinjoe(m): 6:27pm On May 26, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will invest in you between 50$ to $2000 per week for 10 percent equity.

All you need to do is quote me with any coin of your choice to be purchased and held by me. Quote me with the coin between Thursday to Sunday, sell off will be between Monday to Wednesday and you shall be credited with 10 percent of the profits every week until July 1st when offer ends.

Note: I invest in good coins like BNB, YFI and others and not shitcoins.

Okay Sir. I will surely do my research. Will be dropping it tomorrow. I pray it favours me.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by IyaTola: 6:28pm On May 26, 2021
wink
Buy SKL below $0.43 and Hold Spot

Welcome Apple to crypto world.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 26, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will invest in you between 50$ to $2000 per week for 10 percent equity.

All you need to do is quote me with any coin of your choice to be purchased and held by me. Quote me with the coin between Thursday to Sunday, sell off will be between Monday to Wednesday and you shall be credited with 10 percent of the profits every week until July 1st when offer ends.

Note: I invest in good coins like BNB, YFI and others and not shitcoins.

Buy $Matic. I wish the guy all the best.

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by aleemtayo(m): 6:41pm On May 26, 2021
BULK btc @470/$ — 480/$.

USDT @430/$ — 450/$.

GIFTCARDS CAN COME IN

NB: PRICE IS SUBJECTED TO CHANGE.

TRADE SAFELY AND GET PAID INSTANTLY.
OUR WHATSAPP CONTACT IS IN

https:///ob5bo9
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Hamzashaf99(f): 6:45pm On May 26, 2021
elmoduddah:

I can’t share links here because of Nairaland bots. But search for CoinMata, Kucoin Gems, on Telegram and follow their conversation. On YouTube, i just search randomly and watch videos

This is so helpful. Thanks
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 6:48pm On May 26, 2021
MasonKendall:
As stupid as this sounds, it's kinda true. Elon has way too much influence in the crypto market. Just imagine a tweet from him and beeteecee is doin $1800+ not so good for a decentralised network.

Y’all had better not be deceived by these dudes. They make you swap relevant coins for their memecoins. It could be taking advantage of the situation to rob you.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DieRich5: 6:50pm On May 26, 2021
Dem don Dy come out now
Buy dis,buy dat

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Married2Crypto(m): 6:51pm On May 26, 2021
Lucremoy:
Is it possible to transfer shiba from one binance wallet to another?
yes...it's fvcking possible so long as you send to the correct shiba deposit wallet address...and choosing the right network. But wait! dz shiba inu is a erc20 token and so its network fee no go be for here ooh... I am very certain it utilizes the ethereum network's smart-contract technology. Sending a million shiba tokens to another shiba wallet address will cost you more than half of a million shiba tokens' worth in eth as gas fee. My hand no dey ooh, bcuz I no dey stupid like that... tongue
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Thyes: 7:20pm On May 26, 2021
IyaTola:
You not discipline

You're right
I agree

I've uninstalled it now and not going to have anything that deals with crypto till next month ending

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by noxy1962(m): 7:34pm On May 26, 2021
Please why does this show when I want use P2P(sell) on Binance ?

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by emmyniftyyem: 7:39pm On May 26, 2021
aleemtayo:
BULK btc @470/$ — 480/$.

USDT @430/$ — 450/$.

GIFTCARDS CAN COME IN

NB: PRICE IS SUBJECTED TO CHANGE.

TRADE SAFELY AND GET PAID INSTANTLY.
OUR WHATSAPP CONTACT IS IN

https:///ob5bo9
SPOTTED!!

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Lucremoy(m): 8:30pm On May 26, 2021
Married2Crypto:
yes...it's fvcking possible so long as you send to the correct shiba deposit wallet address...and choosing the right network. But wait! dz shiba inu is a erc20 token and so its network fee no go be for here ooh... I am very certain it utilizes the ethereum network's smart-contract technology. Sending a million shiba tokens to another shiba wallet address will cost you more than half of a million shiba tokens' worth in eth as gas fee. My hand no dey ooh, bcuz I no dey stupid like that... tongue
the charges on erc20 were even more than the amount I wanted to send
I almost used bep20 before I realised that shiba was an erc20 token
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 8:36pm On May 26, 2021
tamonokare:
Hello crypto enthusiasts and investors , i am a Nigerian developer working on a no fee, no kyc, non custodial crypto trading platform where traders trade directly with each other at location suitable for the seller and the buyer. When you post ads only people in you local government area would see it and do business with you. The platform is in testing stage now and I'll like you to check it out . Indicate interest if you are interested in joining the team. Anybody can join the team. If you have marketing strategy or you know how we can make this project a success please join the team. Right now it is just me and i doubt the project can be a success without other people in the team. For now, the name of the p2p platform is Ninance but it is subject to change if my team members desire so.

Please encourage me by checking out and don't forget to leave a feedback. For feedback or If you're interested to make this project great my email address is

anthoniatamonokare@gmail.com

Check out Ninance: https://ninance.glideapp.io/

For now you can use only four states and the FCT as your State of Origin to register and only 5 cryptos are traded on the platform. . I'll complete it after the testing.

Nice work. Can you develop tokens?

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by longjosh: 8:50pm On May 26, 2021
Too evening bosses. I want to confirm if the info going round that Binance will not allowed those with unverified account to make transfer as from 27th May is genuine. Someone should help pls

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 8:51pm On May 26, 2021
Just gained re-entry into some positions on that dip to $38k

This entry is enough rather than trying to time the bottom

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Insinuation: 9:00pm On May 26, 2021
IyaTola:
read some pages back.
There are so many pages, please drop us any you can. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by chidekings(m): 9:07pm On May 26, 2021
Ibime:
Just gained re-entry into some positions on that dip to $38k

This entry is enough rather than trying to time the bottom
care to share the coins u bought
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 9:13pm On May 26, 2021
chidekings:

care to share the coins u bought

Just YFI, ETC and XRP for now
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Trex4(m): 9:17pm On May 26, 2021
Seems Sh** coin season is ending gradually. People now use Snipe Bots that buy within seconds of listing. Then when real people buy and the market cap increases they sell. Crashing the price. No more X24 or X100 again. grin You'll be lucky if you see X3.

Previously entering a coin within hours or days of listing would get you enough profit, but now entering within minutes self is bad. I've seen coins die out out in hours.

Sad sha I didn't make enough money during the season. Would have helped me out.

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ugo41babe(m): 9:35pm On May 26, 2021
Pls I have BUSD in my trustwallet. But trying to swap to smartchain bnb,its showing me that i dnt have enough bnb fee. How do i resolve this pls?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by chidekings(m): 9:49pm On May 26, 2021
Ibime:

ok thank you
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by gamaliel9: 9:50pm On May 26, 2021
So cool to deposit in Bundle Africa....i never knew it was like this...and they have added more coinz that can make one billionaire sef...

BEtcee drop again oooooooooooooo
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by AIT1(m): 9:59pm On May 26, 2021
Ibime:

At what price did you enter XRP?

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Babatindan: 10:01pm On May 26, 2021

Home
ACCOUNT
Sign in
PRICE CHARTS
Bitcoin Price
Ethereum Price
Bitcoin Cash Price
XRP Price
Litecoin Price
PRODUCTS
Wallet
Exchange
App Features
Fees
Business
API
RESOURCES
Blog
Help Centre
Learning Portal
ABOUT
Company
Careers
Press
Google Play Store Logo
An update for Nigerian crypto users from Luno CEO, Marcus Swanepoel
Marcus Swanepoel
Back to blog

26 MAY 2021 • 4 minute read

Dear friends & customers in Nigeria

I know there’s still a lot of uncertainty and frustration due to recent local crypto developments and I wanted to personally shed some more light on it.

We’ve been the leading crypto company in Nigeria for over five years now, giving millions of Nigerians the opportunity to become part of the new crypto economy.

You’ve seen us on billboards across Lagos, we’ve run tons of events, and we are taking steps to work with regulatory bodies to help create a pragmatic regulatory framework to support crypto in Nigeria.

As many of you will know, on 5 February, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) announced that all banks and payment service providers should stop supporting crypto companies. This has meant customers of Luno (and other cryptocurrency platforms) have since been unable to withdraw or deposit funds.

To be clear, it’s not Luno blocking your money. Local Nigerian banks process deposits and withdrawals on our behalf. Until the banks and payment providers are authorised to work with crypto platforms again, we cannot process withdrawals and deposits through them.

This doesn’t mean there aren’t options, and we are actively working towards a solution. We’re evaluating every option very closely to make sure we don’t impact the industry negatively or put our customers and their funds at risk. Luno has over 3 million customers in Nigeria, and we need to put their interests first.

Peer-to-peer (P2P) systems, for example, have been widely discussed as an alternative to release these funds. However, P2P trading comes with risks to consumers from scammers and also offloads our regulatory risks onto you, our customers. We want to make sure these risks are much lower. We don’t want regulators to come after our customers for transgressing any laws. We want to make sure you can buy and sell cryptocurrency just as safely and easily as before.

Our customers rightly want to be able to withdraw their money and I can assure you we’re working round the clock to make that happen. So what are we doing to change things?

We are negotiating day and night with the relevant stakeholders in Nigeria to get them to collectively work with the government to find a solution that works for everyone. This includes the CBN and other crypto platforms, and allowing people to withdraw is the main priority.

We’ve intensified our regulatory lobbying, sharing our significant expertise and experience in dealing with regulators around the globe to bring pragmatic regulations to the NG market. This includes the SEC, who have been more positive in the past and even released a position paper in 2020.

We've been working with payment processors to find alternative ways to return naira back to customers.

These are not necessarily overnight fixes, but I do know we will eventually get it resolved. Why? Firstly, because crypto is becoming so strategically important for every country – in the long run, no one can afford to ban it. But more practically, because we have been here before.

As some of you may remember, in February 2017 Luno’s bank account was frozen by the authorities. It took 4 months, but eventually, we regained access and secured the right outcome for our customers. Our team never gave up and Luno and our customers emerged stronger than before.

In Malaysia, regulatory uncertainty also resulted in the blocking of customers’ funds for many months. We worked with the government and Malaysia ended up with a fully regulated crypto market, where we are now the only major company operating under that license. In the end, with a lot of effort by our team on the ground, everything was resolved, everyone was happy, and the market is thriving - not just for Luno, but also other crypto companies. Malaysia went from no withdrawals to being one of the most forward-looking countries in the world when it comes to crypto. But it took time.

I wish we could get these results overnight in Nigeria, but as you know, these things can take time, especially when it’s such a political and emotive issue. We move incredibly fast internally, but unfortunately, many things that need to happen are not controlled by us. Both our local Nigerian team and our global team across multiple offices are trying their best to push things forward as quickly as is humanly possible given the circumstances.

What I can say is that we always end up with positive outcomes for our customers. And while many of you will be very upset about the experience, please also know that Luno is the only crypto company in the world with a track record to resolve these issues. We’re not just saying it, we’ve done it before in other countries, and we’re going to do it again in Nigeria.

As mentioned many times before, we are in it for the long run. When the dust has settled, you will see many crypto companies leave Nigeria or be asked to stop operating because they are not licensed properly, and your capital will be at risk again - but Luno will still be there for you and your families.

We are going to come out of this stronger Nigeria. If I know one thing from my friends in Nigeria, it’s that you’re a resilient bunch, and together we’re going to do this. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Please support us in helping all of us get there.

In the meantime, rest assured that we are exploring all the options at our disposal to ensure we give you, our customers, access to your money.

Marcus

Company updates
AUTHOR
Marcus Swanepoel
Marcus is the co-founder and CEO of Luno. Twitter: @marcswane. Previously, Marcus worked for Standard Chartered in Singapore and before that 3i and Morgan Stanley in London. He holds an MBA from INSEAD, is a qualified Chartered Accountant and a CFA charterholder. He is a South African citizen and a Singapore Permanent Resident.

It’s never too late to get started
Buy, store and learn about cryptocurrency today

Desktop Icon Google Play Store Logo
Luno logo
Language
English
About Luno
Careers
Blog
Learning Portal
Help Centre
Features
Fees
Exchange
Business
Privacy policy
Twitter icon YouTube icon LinkedIn icon
© Copyright 2021
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 10:11pm On May 26, 2021
AIT1:

At what price did you enter XRP?

XRP was a bit of a risk as it's near psychological resistance but I'm betting on major upside if it crosses $1. I entered at 0.97

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by bigjay01(m): 10:13pm On May 26, 2021
Trex4:
Seems Sh** coin season is ending gradually. People now use Snipe Bots that buy within seconds of listing. Then when real people buy and the market cap increases they sell. Crashing the price. No more X24 or X100 again. grin You'll be lucky if you see X3.

Previously entering a coin within hours or days of listing would get you enough profit, but now entering within minutes self is bad. I've seen coins die out out in hours.

Sad sha I didn't make enough money during the season. Would have helped me out.

Little Rabbit (LTRBT) is about to shake body

(1) (2) (3) ... (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) ... (3638) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: omopretty1, Tflex01, Ekehwinz and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.