Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3286102 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (3639) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by LOquence: 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2021
Please what does spread means(layman's term) in order book and how can I deduce insights from it?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by niqqaclaimz(m): 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
sweetveek:
i just have a few things to add to this thread

1...if you think you are trading crypto using bus.ha or lu.no,then you are not ready for crypto investment.why?because they are limited to few coins only

2..whoever advices you to buy bi.t.coi.n or any old coin now,is not your friend,what most people see when they check Bitcoin is the price instead of what they can benefit from the coin,buying bi,tco,in now at @$40k,you have to wait for it to get to $80k before you can get double of your money,which only jah knows when...compare the roi these alts(dot,sushi,avax,alpha and many more) have given in the past 3/4months with bitcoin roi and tell me now if bt.c is worth investing in right now

3..there's nothing like shit co.in in crypto,you only say a coin is shitco.in when it starts dipping,even bit.coin dips,would you then say bit.co.in is shit coin?
what matters when trading crypto is your entry point.

4.. understand how candlestick works,do not chase green candle sticks,wait for it to dip(fall in price),then buy the dip and wait for it to start pumping

5...when buying any co.in,do not invest all your money once,lets say you buy a coin at $5,theres a possibility it might go below that $5 and there's a possibility it might pump,so whenever you buy, always think both possibilities,when you buy at $5,when it dips to $2.5,buy again,when it dips to 1.25$,buy again..theres always a bottom to all coi.n...

6...think long term,do not expect to double your money overnight

7..if you want to be good at cr.ypt.o,be ready to lose money,losing something will make you want to dig deep into it and understand how it works more

8...do not invest all your cash on one co.in,some co.in will perform better than others..

i started this cr.py.to December last year,i haven't made much but i have learnt so much...

and to conclude all,you need money to make money in crypto

coins you should think of buying for longterm,,

btcsc,fil,lit(wait for some days before you buy lit)..these co.ins are currently cheap and might moon anytime if bitcoin remain stable

my 2cent

Learnt something new...*5*

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 05, 2021
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Claudia00: 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
Please house,which app can I get different types of coins to invest on?

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by yerilistik: 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
yerilistik:

that'll be terrible if really true !
i need to know so i can sell mine and keep my funds
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojemedad: 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
bradwilli:
https://www.nairaland.com/6400654/cbn-shuts-down-cryptocurrency-exchange

Is this true??

No need to panic, there wi always be a way out or we occupy the street

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by mercysamuelson(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
You can use LUNO app. I've been using that for long

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Shakitibob0: 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sailor1:
ADA..... Tells a miple story... One which was well obvious over the last few weeks... Good enough, I was patient on this...

Funny enough, it gave people an opportunity to load up after breaking 0.4
The reason I like majors like ada, xlm, link and sometimes exrp is that when they run, they run...
You are doing a good job here bro

Bro, Many times , I see traders showing signals or trades for ADA/BTC and ADA/USDT separately ....I usually don't understand why this is so....

can you please shed light on this?

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ebowo(f): 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ojemedad:

The stop loss order is confusing to me also, what I normally do I set alert for a rate which is a little below where I buy , then it gets there I quickly rush to sell at market rate
dont sell mkt rate! use limit n sell at no charge
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by SenecaTheYonger: 1:06pm On Feb 05, 2021

Please what does this thread mean? Will my account get blocked if I try to buy crypto?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Shakitibob0: 1:08pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ojemedad:

But the aim is to make money, double the money na bros
Lol...Lymlyte oooo

No time for understanding tech and applications....we only want to make the mullah!
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Aicebaba: 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
bradwilli:

Is this true??

Yes, its true and nothing to fear. Peer to peer exchange like bin.an.ce, local.bitcc0in etc will bypass such CBN limitation.

It will only affect exchanges that have direct account in Nigerian banks like Luno, bundle, buycoins and even direct deposit to binance options.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2021
Aicebaba:

Yes, its true and nothing to fear. Peer to peer exchange like bin.an.ce, local.bitcc0in etc will bypass such CBN limitation.

It will only affect exchanges that have direct account in Nigerian banks like Luno, bundle, buycoins and even direct deposit to binance options.
so i have to move my coyns into binance? How about sending some of my funds to my bank, will there be problems i i do it now? Cos i have some funds in Luno and quidaxz
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by SenecaTheYonger: 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2021
Aicebaba:

It will only affect exchanges that have direct account in Nigerian banks like L.u.no, bundle, buycoins and even direct deposit to bi.nance options.

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by SenecaTheYonger: 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2021
I just checked CBN's website, but I cant' find anything concerning this new initiative. Could this be a well planned FUD?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tinneh: 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2021
I have always said nigeria is not for me Any opportunity i go japa

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Shakitibob0: 1:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
Aicebaba:

But binance has a direct account with rubies bank
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lovinhubby2wife(m): 1:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
Uglychicki:

OK.... Is that why it is giving me order value must be 10
yeah you need at least 10usd
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 1:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
sweetveek:
i just have a few things to add to this thread
2..whoever advices you to buy bi.t.coi.n or any old coin now,is not your friend,

Nice points you've raised and I'd say you have done well for someone who started in December

But one thing I strongly disagree with is your take on betece
You are the second person saying that this week an it is getting me scared. make una cool down first mk my altys pump. I quoted a post a while ago on my discussion with someone on the treasury bills thread in December when he said altys are dead. I smiled and told him that is an indicator that altys will soon run and eclipse betece.

I keep saying cycles cos in this market, timing a cycle is where all your money is made or lost

see how it works
1. Betece pumps milking altys- people say institutions are only interested n betece that altys are shitcoyn...
2. Eith then pumps... and out performs betece
3. Majors- midcaps and micros follow and do multiples of betece and eith... people say that betece is dead and an old coyn
4. Betece wakes and in one day wipes away alyt profits of 3 months
people eye go then clear

The facts are these
1. If eith did not break ATH, all this movement on altys wouldn't have occured. If eith pumps further and doubles its value, alyts will do x10-x20 sef
2. Early Jan, betece reached 42k, eith pumped from 700-1200 to signify the start of an alyt season. Since then, betece has been ranging...and alyts have gone ballistic. When the time comes, betece will still range and alyts will tank and wipe profits made
3. I know you may be thinking that when that time comes, you'd cash out asap....lol... That is what millions are saying...
4. sensible thing todo now willbe to use this run and gather more betece or eith or take good profits into cash. Trust me, you do not want to be holding any alyt when betece turns.
5. New coyns, majors,minors, micros, eith and betece all have their use- I would still advise splitting your portfolio accordingly if you are new
6. Chart any alyt against betece and ask yourself which one you want to trade.

I know alot of good traders who only trade betece and eith.. I don't know of any who only trades alyts.

All in all, for new folks here. All your money is made or lost in timing cycles. Bull runs are very easy to trade but there are life lessons that you can only learn in a bear market or trading a full market cycle. Keep calm headed and don't let the alyt pump take your focus out of where we are in the market cycle. I know it doesn't make sense now but your safest bet here is still betece followed by eith

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2021
bradwilli:
chief seems i can only trade Xlm with usdt? Not Ng??

yeah.. on binance its not an ngn pair except you buy usdt

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2021
CBN are dumb....what kind of policy is this now.

P2P to the rescue.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by LauraClasikVibe(f): 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2021
Prices will drop
100trillion:

P2P to the rescue.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2021
100trillion:

P2P to the rescue.

How about the high rate of scammers in p2p??
How about funding your wallet?

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Anowax(m): 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sailor1:

Nice points you've raised and I'd say you have done well for someone who started in December

But one thing I strongly disagree with is your take on betece
You are the second person saying that this week an it is getting me scared. make una cool down first mk my altys pump. I quoted a post a while ago on my discussion with someone on the treasury bills thread in December when he said altys are dead. I smiled and told him that is an indicator that altys will soon run and eclipse betece.

I keep saying cycles cos in this market, timing a cycle is where all your money is made or lost

see how it works
1. Betece pumps milking altys- people say institutions are only interested n betece that altys are shitcoyn...
2. Eith then pumps... and out performs betece
3. Majors- midcaps and micros follow and do multiples of betece and eith... people say that betece is dead and an old coyn
4. Betece wakes and in one day wipes away alyt profits of 3 months
people eye go then clear

The facts are these
1. If eith did not break ATH, all this movement on altys wouldn't have occured. If eith pumps further and doubles its value, alyts will do x10-x20 sef
2. Early Jan, betece reached 42k, eith pumped from 700-1200 to signify the start of an alyt season. Since then, betece has been ranging...and alyts have gone ballistic. When the time comes, betece will still range and alyts will tank and wipe profits made
3. I know you may be thinking that when that time comes, you'd cash out asap....lol... That is what millions are saying...
4. sensible thing todo now willbe to use this run and gather more betece or eith or take good profits into cash. Trust me, you do not want to be holding any alyt when betece turns.
5. New coyns, majors,minors, micros, eith and betece all have their use- I would still advise splitting your portfolio accordingly if you are new
6. Chart any alyt against betece and ask yourself which one you want to trade.

I know alot of good traders who only trade betece and eith.. I don't know of any who only trades alyts.

All in all, for new folks here. All your money is made or lost in timing cycles. Bull runs are very easy to trade but there are life lessons that you can only learn in a bear market or trading a full market cycle. Keep calm headed and don't let the alyt pump take your focus out of where we are in the market cycle. I know it doesn't make sense now but your safest bet here is still betece followed by eith

When you say bear market, do you mean that during that time the worth of coins (say Eithy) continues to go down and down and down after having gone up during this current bull market... I need a bit of an insight. Thanks
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 1:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
Gsilk:

Hi Sailor1, thank you for your contribution here. WE appreciate it. So about a month ago, I really just had money to throw and I got eith @1,100 ;NGN200k worth on lyno. No research, nothing; but I just did.

A few days later I found this thread and decided to actually dabble. I stashed the ly.no away as ‘investment funds’ and moved to by.nance to learn the ropes and ‘trade’. I put my incomplete financial analyst course knowledge to the test & set price limits and all. Got exrp(I missed THAT pump though),theta, eith, ada( 2 weeks ago and I’m glad), danced in d0ge ; danced out, same for KP3.r and A.AVE. Now my babies are growing (I’m almost at $1k from $700) and I don’t know what to do!

I already sold some of my Ada profit to get more eith @ 1597 early this morning, do I withdraw my profits now and wait for a dip? Should I do same for my ly.no eith ‘investment funds’ too. I just started watching YouTube videos and getting a real hang of it but I’m stuck here now cos I don’t want to watch my $ melt.

Thank you to TheEnlightenedO and others as well for all you do!!!

Thanks for the nice words.

Good trades you've made and good profits too...

What I'd say is that Ada is a coyn that really runs when it does... I've not sold it yet
Against the eith chart, the 0.36 level is significant after thst, it's pretty much air until the 0.54 level.. I have set some to sell at 0.36 and will be watching that level for a response...

Also not advisable to jump in and out of coyns at this point except you're quite good at it... Sometimes, it's better to let the market do it's thing.

Theta is another good one... I thought it'd reject at the 0.24 level bit it didn't. I'd be looking to take a position on a retest.

Theta, ada, xlm, link are the old coyns u don't want to sell prematurely during a run. When they run, they run

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 1:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
Shakitibob0:
You are doing a good job here bro

Bro, Many times , I see traders showing signals or trades for ADA/BeTC and ADA/USDT separately ....I usually don't understand why this is so....

can you please shed light on this?

It depends on what your preference.

Given that betece will outperform most alyts in the long run, some traders use alyts to accumulate betece hence trade into betece. With the adventof stable coyns and increased liquidity on their pairs, some now trade into usdt....
It all depends on your choice...but its always worth keeping an eye on betece cos if betece too
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 1:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
https://www.nairaland.com/6400654/cbn-shuts-down-crypt0currency-exchange

Please what does this thread mean? Will my account get blocked if I try to buy crypt0?

I thought most exchanges used standalone payment processors to circumvent this. CBN should learn from western countries and regulate, not ban
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Anowax(m): 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

How about the high rate of scammers in p2p??
How about funding your wallet?
I feel scamming on sites such as Binance is unlikely if not impossible. And while buying on Binance via P2P; factors you should look out for while deciding from whom to buy are;
(1) The number of orders the person has executed

(2) Completion rate (%)... These are the two major things that will help inform your choice of whom to buy from.

When you click on each seller, Binance also breaks it down giving you information such as the person's average Release and Pay time...

Your worry using P2P should be the cost of buying through that platform as it's more expensive than buying it directly yourself.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Anowax(m): 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sailor1:

I thought most exchanges used standalone payment processors to circumvent this. CBN should learn from western countries and regulate, not ban
What is the way forward now brother? How do one circumvent this CBN palaver?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (3639) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: valiju, Deppysit(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.