Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (972) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3303062 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) ... (3646) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Neverlosemoney: 9:52am On Jun 20, 2021
We are currently witnessing the largest attempt by Institutions to short Bitcoīn. At the same time, Large corporates are still willing to buy Bitcoīn. On chain data shows that we currently have all time highs on short positions. On the other side, a lot of institutions already own Bitcoīn. This is going to be an epic battle. There are chances that bitcoīn can revisit 56k. If this high amount of short positions start getting squeezed, they may have to start closing their positions, by buying back Bitcoīn. This will then create one of the strongest bull runs ever seen. Let us hope the resistance to sell remains

First circled area was the mid May shorts that took price lower. Second circled area is the current short positions.

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by millennialaku2: 10:08am On Jun 20, 2021
Notyamate:

The mistake is from the both of you. When you set stop-limit, you sell order triggers at stop.

Example, you set STOP at 5 and LIMIT at 4.8. When the price falls to 5 (even if the price didn't reach your limit order), your coin will be sold at 4.8 or higher, but not below that price. I hope you get?
wow, thanks i understand now. but just so i get you right, my stop price and my limit price should not be too close shey ?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2021
Ibime:
In comparison to BeTC, Sol, Matic, BNB and ADA are holding up well and are the only alts I will be trading outside BeTC.

Almost every other coin is following a straight downward trend in comparison.

Below is ETC daily chart. You can also see this trend in almost every other coin like X.RP, YFI and co - just a straight line downward with a steady gradient.

However when you check Sol, BNB, Matic, ADA, you don't have this straight-line down. You see stronger bounces when BeTC bounces etc after the initial dump. These coins had already been on massive rallies based on fundamentals before the big BeTC dump and it would seem they have more believers. They are also above the lows (on the daily candle close) they hit when BTC had its first slide. Whereas most other Alts are below their lows.

If BeTC recovers, they are likely to be the first alts to recover with BeTC.

Careful with matic, against betece, it's below the daily ema and though it's currently sitting on weekly support, the weekly structure doesn't look so good... If it loses the current weekly support, there's a good way down...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 10:41am On Jun 20, 2021
Airdrops are now d price we pay for our unceasingly cravings for a piecemeal of the real deal....if I'm to remember correctly....there were nothing like airdrops in the last 3 to 4 years back in the cryptocurrency space...
So pls be careful out dia... not all Airdrops are 100% and legit...

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by OpenHeaven2019(f): 10:52am On Jun 20, 2021
Ruben225571:
I jeje de wait for Solana to fall at 30 or 32, then I jump in and get some. But 35 is nah for me grin

BNB dey form stubbornness, I de wait under 280-290 to jump in grin

Happy Sunday To All Future Millionaire here! We’ll surely hit big in this Crypto from now till December!!

I can bet if Sol falls to $30 you would move your order to $20.

11 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by OpenHeaven2019(f): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2021
dogtails:
Guys please do u think bitcoin will go lower than this 35k?? I need a honest answer so I can mk some decisions...

No one knows. Bitcoin is ranging, we either break support or resistance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Notyamate(f): 10:59am On Jun 20, 2021
millennialaku2:

wow, thanks i understand now. but just so i get you right, my stop price and my limit price should not be too close shey ?

It should be close.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Notyamate(f): 11:04am On Jun 20, 2021
MrCodeSolo:
Airdrops are now d price we pay for our unceasingly cravings for a piecemeal of the real deal....if I'm to remember correctly....there were nothing like airdrops in the last 3 to 4 years back in the cryptocurrency space...

I know about 3 people whose TW balance was cleared (all money gone) cos of airdrop. It's hard to find a legit airdrop nowadays.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by millennialaku2: 11:08am On Jun 20, 2021
Notyamate:

It should be close.
i swear, im confused
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ruben225571(m): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2021
OpenHeaven2019:

That’s Crypto mate
Though I would get some at 30$ first, not too sure of 20$
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ruben225571(m): 11:13am On Jun 20, 2021
Bitcoin smelling 33k$... hmmmm
30k$ and 20k$ is possible!!
Guys let’s all be careful and watchful

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FuckHomophobes: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2021
MrCodeSolo:

I am an airdrop hunter. 6 figures in $ and counting. Y'all need to be on the lookout for legit airdrops. 99% are scam. The 1% you need to be in some groups with certain people.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Resnik(m): 11:20am On Jun 20, 2021
OpenHeaven2019:

grin grin grin
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojemedad: 11:24am On Jun 20, 2021
Kellyemmss:
I have been seeing that people keep getting scanned on p2p binance which is not good for fellow Nigerias to b doing.
I am here to help out if anyone want to buy any type of crypto. I am based in the UK and i will give you my Instagram.

Haha, senior man grin

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by millennialaku2: 11:25am On Jun 20, 2021
FuckHomophobes:

I am an airdrop hunter. 6 figures in $ and counting. Y'all need to be on the lookout for legit airdrops. 99% are scam. The 1% you need to be in some groups with certain people.
like this you don chop #50m from air drop oh grin . correct me if i am wrong

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FuckHomophobes: 11:32am On Jun 20, 2021
millennialaku2:

like this you don chop #50m from air drop oh grin . correct me if i am wrong

*Runs outta thread* grin
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by millennialaku2: 11:37am On Jun 20, 2021
FuckHomophobes:

*Runs outta thread* grin
boss wink
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Notyamate(f): 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
millennialaku2:

i swear, im confused

grin grin

In order to understand stop-limit order, you have to know what LIMIT is. Limit price in simple English means selling at a specified price (the price you want) or better.

Example, you want to sell KSM and you set your limit order at 400 when KSM price was 390. Your sell order won't be triggered until the price reach 400 or higher (if the price jump to 402), but your coin can never be sold below 400.

Stop price is just like a command, it's like saying when you reach this price, do this or do that.

So when you combine the two together, stop and limit, you are simply saying please o when my price reached STOP jejely sell my coin at my LIMIT price or higher.

Now let me explain with example. You put STOP for KSM at 420 and LIMIT at 400 when KSM price is at 450.

What happens is this, when KSM reach 420 your coin will be sold at 400 or higher (but not below), depending on what the price is as at the time the order got triggered. Sometimes your your coin will be sold at your specified limit price (and not higher), so it's better the price is close. Therefore, instead of setting limit price of KSM to 400 you could just put 418.

NOTE that this is for selling o, not buying.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hamachi:
Virtual? You would not be given hard copy na
Yes I know. They also have option for hard copy which would be delivered at your door step. Dunno if it's legit or just whining.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 12:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
jedisco:
I don't like the way most alyts are looking... Most are either below resistance against betece or hanging on to critical support on the usd pairs..... Except betece starts showing strength soon, looks like another capitulation is due for them....
On alyts, I'd tread carefully

Still think a capitulation hasn't occurred on alyts yet.... Structure on them has began to break but they're just about holding....

The current daily support level on eith (2000-2180) is one to watch... It's been a significant one far back as February. If eith loses that level in the coming days, alyts will tank....that level has been tested multiple times with smaller bounces each time. Also, the daily ema (yellow line) is still acting as resistance and pushing price into it.....

This is not me being bearish at support... But if trying to knife catch alyts, caution is important...

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by OpenHeaven2019(f): 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
The momentum is weak, so much fear in the market cos of dead cross

The weekly candle is a strong bearish candle, we will still go down next week except we pull back above 36k today

I will be looking for capitulation candles with long wicks.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by solelymade: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Notyamate:

The mistake is from the both of you. When you set stop-limit, you sell order triggers at stop.

Example, you set STOP at 5 and LIMIT at 4.8. When the price falls to 5 (even if the price didn't reach your limit order), your coin will be sold at 4.8 or higher, but not below that price. I hope you get?

Okay, I didn't know it works like that grin
Thanks for the clarity, I thought it trigger a sales @ stop and execution is at when price drop to limit price, then finds a better price in—between.
So I assume at stop loss and take profit the execution is at stop.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yaronorthside:
Hello guys please I need help about this crypto stuff, most people are saying there's going to be another huge crash soon ,so I'm thinking of liquidating all my coins so I can buy back when lower ,is it a good idea
And please do you guys have any WhatsApp group for crypto

No need of liquidation bro. If you talking of liquidation, wha should the whales be talking bout…. Leaving the earth?

Gamblers will liquidate, investors (those that understand the BTC blockchain, & blockchains) buys the dips.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2021
iLegendd:
Oh, as a reminder to those of you who have forgotten about the Crypto Bubble I once talked about, spare 1MB and I install the app from playstore or appstore. https://cryptobubbles.net/

After installing, modify Chart 1 to 1H and select 1 Hour. Click on the + sign at the top right-hand side to get Chart 2 and rename it to 1W (one week), then select 1 week time frame. Do that until you get to 1 year.

This pictorial bubbles give you a vivid and pleasing-to-eye representation of the market and what is trending, has trended, or other important info.

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by OpenHeaven2019(f): 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
If the Uptrend is still intact ETH will Bounce At 1400 to 1500 possible reversal points this week.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by OpenHeaven2019(f): 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
I wish I had opened a short position beginning of the week.

See money left on the table embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by StrafordSTONES(m): 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
OpenHeaven2019:
I wish I had opened a short position beginning of the week.

See money left on the table embarassed

When opening a short, what should a person lookout for? At what point would the trade go against you?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by millennialaku2: 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
Notyamate:

grin grin

In order to understand stop-limit order, you have to know what LIMIT is. Limit price in simple English means selling at a specified price (the price you want) or better.

Example, you want to sell KSM and you set your limit order at 400 when KSM price was 390. Your sell order won't be triggered until the price reach 400 or higher (if the price jump to 402), but your coin can never be sold below 400.

Stop price is just like a command, it's like saying when you reach this price, do this or do that.

So when you combine the two together, stop and limit, you are simply saying please o when my price reached STOP jejely sell my coin at my LIMIT price or higher.

Now let me explain with example. You put STOP for KSM at 420 and LIMIT at 400 when KSM price is at 450.

What happens is this, when KSM reach 420 your coin will be sold at 400 or higher (but not below), depending on what the price is as at the time the order got triggered. Sometimes your your coin will be sold at your specified limit price (and not higher), so it's better the price is close. Therefore, instead of setting limit price of KSM to 400 you could just put 418.

NOTE that this is for selling o, not buying.
cheesy
ehen ! it makes much sense now. thank you for taking your time to explain
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Vitamin17(m): 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Pls guys how can one invest in crypto..I need guidelines...I don't know much about it...And what are the pros and cons of investing in crypto...

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by seankafor(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
The uniqueness of bitcoin is it's unpredictability..

It should serve more as a medium of exchange just like fiat rather than store of value.

Wish more institutions and countries will adopt it more thereby Dr escalating the undervalued and overvalued exchange rates of fiat currencies
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by fusionchimera(m): 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
OpenHeaven2019:
$KSM

EXPECT Chaos!!!
LOTS OF CHAOS FOR ONE WEEK wink

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by fusionchimera(m): 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
BECAUSE A CANDLE IS GREEN DOES NOT MEAN SUBSEQUENT ONES WILL... Past performance is no guarantee for future performance too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) ... (3646) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Jashub, MrSamsung(m), Smithwilliams826, xristos(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.