Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,661 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance (27467 Views)

You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / Lady Cries Out As Man Makes Move To Snatch Her Late Dad’s House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by visijo(m): 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nig
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by kenzysmith: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
q
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Farki: 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
Just tell them no, don't do pass yourself. Your father has lived his life and gone, now is the time to take care of the living.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by anochuko01(m): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hh
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by BananaPeel(m): 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
Good morning romancelanders, this is not right section, but i need more opinions about this thread.

December 27th will complete one year in which my dad was buried, and according to friends and family, i was told we should have a remembrance party in his memory.

I am the 7th born in the family, but the closest to my dad before his demise(none of the kids have access to his properties except me).

Now the families are tasking me big, i mean a whole 500k from me alone for the remembrance party(despite the fact they know my financial state, which i was scammed a huge sum of money months ago and i also just ventured into some business, and the registration for my 2yrs old son school by january). So my question is, why are they planning so much for the remembrance? Why did they bill me that much? Or are they possibly passing a message to me because of my dad's properties? But fact is me i don't have such amount of money on me talkless of contributing that amount? Pls ur sincere advise is needed..
why haven't you asked the family to share the properties? Being closest to your late dad doesn't mean you keep the properties to yourself. You better call your elderly ones so you share the properties so as not to get such billing next time.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Sheriman(m): 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
What the Bleep!! 500K During this recession and COVID 19 outbreak
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Expresswriter: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
Contact a lawyer.

Nairaland isn't the right place for this.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by SavageMaster: 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
Good morning romancelanders, this is not right section, but i need more opinions about this thread.

December 27th will complete one year in which my dad was buried, and according to friends and family, i was told we should have a remembrance party in his memory.

I am the 7th born in the family, but the closest to my dad before his demise(none of the kids have access to his properties except me).

Now the families are tasking me big, i mean a whole 500k from me alone for the remembrance party(despite the fact they know my financial state, which i was scammed a huge sum of money months ago and i also just ventured into some business, and the registration for my 2yrs old son school by january). So my question is, why are they planning so much for the remembrance? Why did they bill me that much? Or are they possibly passing a message to me because of my dad's properties? But fact is me i don't have such amount of money on me talkless of contributing that amount? Pls ur sincere advise is needed..

Hmm...

First of all, make sure none of them still has access to your Dad's properties.

Then, discuss with your Mum(if she's still alive) and your other siblings as to how to remember your Dad. You may just go to church on that day with members of your family and book for prayers by the priest during the service.

Summary
Those people you mentioned above have no right to tell you how to remember your Dad, talk more of taxing you 500k.

That "party" is not necessary

Simply ignore them.

I hope I made sense.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by StevensJojo(f): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
I have done that, infact I have a meeting with olori ebi(family head) today. but yet my step siblings insist I must pay the money. though am planning to contribute 250k, if they can't take it then everyone should do their thing separately. btw, amen for the prayer..
Maybe the reason they are tasking you so much is because you have given them the impression you are well off. If they are tasking your older ones 150k why are you dropping 250k? Even after this you need to re examine the way your present yourself so they don't exploit you because the honest truth is that they will always find a way to exploit you.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:

Imagine so have not hear of the word NO
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by galaxy2020(m): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
How can you be 7th in the family and none of your Seniors have access to your dad's property except you?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Wantedmiller: 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by gambia(m): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
EXLOVER:
This is why Africa will always be backward, they too like billing. Marriage billing, burial billing, rememberance billing, naming ceremony billing, dedication billing.

People can't use their money for relevant things again. They can contribute like 3 million to bury someone, but is child will be dropping out from school soon.

You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Emperor4tune(m): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
all i can say is that you guys lack family unity & coporation...ask the eldest man in the family to organised a meeting where u guys can sort out your grieviances...people die in families over playful mater like this,try and figure out their anger..please take action

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Do you have it?
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by pek(m): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
What's the essence of the remembrance? To show off their obviously.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by FSolar: 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
There is Covid in town.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Accountantikye(m): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
NL anders Una dey reason people matter wella eziokwu
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by KnightsTemplar(m): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
You are the 7th child and only you have access to your late dad's accets, Omo . To your question the Max you should give them is 70k, which is subjective going by the fact say na you hold yam and knife, for your late father's accets.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Omezif(m): 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
You are wailing because you can do it. It's not adviseable to tell you not to do what you can do. Accept it if you can, tell them the amount you can provide if the one they told you is much, reject it completely if you don't have the money.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by DFERENCE: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
May the dead rest in peace, but he who is gone is gone, invest your 500k oooo as they say dead man tells no tales, your late Dad didn't ask for party, alot of people have died and nobody did remembrance for them and we don't hear them complaining, small party is also a party 50k buy meat & drinks, you have bills to pay

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Iseoluwani: 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:

Listen young man, you are the 7th born but have been conferred upon the position of the first born, act like one. you are simply the head. tell them u can only give 150 or 200. Send your mum to them
them one scam you. if you put 500k alone, as much others go pay. and is it a Muslim remembrance that they will do Sara. That's much for them. Na greed they do them
no help them argue ooo, they might been diabolical, just jejely tell your mum as much u fi give them
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Whoknowsme: 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
Op, I understand they're ur step siblings and u were very close to ur day before his demise which is why they want u to cough out such an amount of money. I'll suggest u wait for the head to get back to u before ur final conclusion on things. But If u should contribute 500k and other contribute lesser than though, what do they really want to do with such an amount of money. The dead is gone. One thing with Africans is that they like celebrating the dead.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:

You don hear, no be fight!

No fight, no follow them quarell, at the right time, do the ones you can do

If them ask, tell them say na the one wey you fit do be that!!!

Jealousy can make people do the unthinkable, no be all of them go understand say you no get! so that you can live long to enjoy the properties, no fight with them, play a matured card!

Above all watch out for yourself and your son, make una no eat anyhow

Na your self you know, you no know another person!!!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by lagdmark(m): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
every other child is billed 150k, but mine is 500k. I think they are trying to pass a message
Maybe you're always too loud in the village/IG, Facebook , so they believed you are chopper.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Lexusgs430: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:

Simply tell them you are not interested in a remembrance party...........

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Dailyhappenings: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
The question is do you have it at the moment? You fit go meet Erica, she dey spray money anyhow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-DFXiBVNMs
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by kherlly(m): 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
Thank God where I am from we don't practice anything relating to burial.... All these to me is a waste of money even if I becomes billionaire tomorrow I won't waste my money on burial gathering

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
azraeljaheel:
extortion everywhere

person don die don die kos of remembrance 500k

rubbish

na person wey know person dey kill am
Gbam, OP has time sha, if the money was for treatment of the dad now I will understand. Spending on irrelevant things like this still puts us where we are as Africans. Some will even borrow to throw a party. Ask them to contribute for you to start business they won’t.

My family members know me sha you don’t bring such rubbish to my table.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by emerged01(m): 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
500k for remembrance? Is it that you forgot that your dad is dead? Because me I no the importance of this remembrance stuff or why you need to spend such amount on just remembrance?

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by RedPanthar: 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
FORUM THAT HATES CHRISTIANS AND EVERYTHING THAT'S ASSOCIATED WITH CHRISTIANITY

FELLOW CHRISTIANS PLEASE HELP US ASK THE MODS WHAT THE JUSTIFICATION IS BEHIND BANNING RIGHTEOUSNESS89 FOR 10 YEARS

TOMORROW THE GOVERNMENT WILL BE ATTACKED WHEN THE CITIZENS ARE DEVILS THEMSELVES.

IF IT'S PUSHING TEN MILLION THREADS ON ISLAM TO FRONT PAGE ON FRIDAYS EVEN AT THE EXPENSE OF MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION THEY WON'T HESITATE

I DARE THE MODS TO PROVIDE LEGITIMATE REASONS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boniface Mwangi: "I Had Sex Once And Church Kicked Me Out" / Man Left Confused After Wife Conceives Despite Him Undergoing Vasectomy / Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.