Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance (27460 Views)

You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / Lady Cries Out As Man Makes Move To Snatch Her Late Dad’s House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by nick50(m): 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
Bros if u are incapable of managing those properties please hand it over to a more capable hand or better still make una share everything before ur incompetence will drain ur late father's hustle

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Vinex4uba(m): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
This one you are connoting your father's property with how you were once scammed! Hope you are not playing bet9ja with your father's property.....

Remember after your father's one year remembrance, you will have to account for each penny and your father's properties under your possession....

Failure to do so will lead to a total family crisis!

To be warned is to be forearmed!!
If the 500k is available, release the fund after everything you give a detail expenses made before, during and after burial proceedings.....

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
Good morning romancelanders, this is not right section, but i need more opinions abo.....

I don't understand why no one is talking about how and why you are the only one in possession of your late dad's property.

Is it not supposed to be shared among the children?

You want them to treat you as an equal by giving you equal financial responsibility but you refused to treat them as an equal by giving them equal amount of the property.

If you could take everything your dad worked for while he was alive, then you should be able to fund his remembrance ALONE now that he's dead.

You're lucky that your siblings are even offering to help you with the fundraising.

Just pay the money and move on. You deserve what you got.

13 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Chanchit: 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2020
Why are you the only one that's managing your dad's property? Did they say they are not interested in the property or how. And if the property is worth millions, it is only logical if they apportion such amount to you, considering the fact that you're the one managing the properties.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by iamclime(m): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
naijadrivablog:
Is that thing necessary? Africans look for how to spend money.

Why not raise money for the living members who aren't doing well?
If I have the means and can meet you in person, I will buy you nkwobi and wine for this comment! This is the only comment that resonates with me here.
Our belief system encourages a lot of wasteful spending and unnecessary stress in this part of the world.
We the so-called educated generation need to change the narrative and spend our money on the living and needy, not to impress people or satisfy unfavorable traditions. This is my take.
@Op, whatever you decide, take responsibility for your actions and decisions. Best wishes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by bptc10: 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
If you are the one inherited your dad properties you must be ready to Bear the cost of the one year anniversary of his death, nobody care how you will get the money, it's your responsibility.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by strangest(m): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
Good morning romancelanders, this is not right section, but i need more opinions about this thread.

December 27th will complete one year in which my dad was buried, and according to friends and family, i was told we should have a remembrance party in his memory.

I am the 7th born in the family, but the closest to my dad before his demise(none of the kids have access to his properties except me).

Now the families are tasking me big, i mean a whole 500k from me alone for the remembrance party(despite the fact they know my financial state, which i was scammed a huge sum of money months ago and i also just ventured into some business, and the registration for my 2yrs old son school by january). So my question is, why are they planning so much for the remembrance? Why did they bill me that much? Or are they possibly passing a message to me because of my dad's properties? But fact is me i don't have such amount of money on me talkless of contributing that amount? Pls ur sincere advise is needed..

Oga, how much do you get from being the only one that have access to your father's properties

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Mandera2: 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
o man, tradition is tradition.....u inherited it have the access to your dad's property despite your position in the family... it seems you are an ibo man like me... there's an ibo proverb that says mgbere de nyere dike, mgbere de ka eji ama dike .... meaning hard time faces every man then during hard time they will know who is a man. u are the 7th soon and u are the one that has access to ur father's property.... o man, that 500k na small challenge... u dey complain while sitting on the first son birth right...abeg comot for road

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by RealEzee(m): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
Perception is sometimes real than the truth, u better paint them the picture u need them to see
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Chanchit: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
SavageMaster:

Hmm...

First of all, make sure none of them still has access to your Dad's properties.

Then, discuss with your Mum(if she's still alive) and your other siblings as to how to remember your Dad. You may just go to church on that day with members of your family and book for prayers by the priest during the service.

Summary
Those people you mentioned above have no right to tell you how to remember your Dad, talk more of taxing you 500k.

That "party" is not necessary

Simply ignore them.

I hope I made sense.

Don't worry, you'll make sense until your father put the last born in charge of his properties,leaving you and others with nothing. Then the last born starts investing on bad businesses. I'm sure someone like you go dpn reach babalawo house.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by michlins(m): 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Simply tell them you are not interested in a remembrance party...........

always very blunt with your response and fortunately, they're top notch advice

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Honeylaz(m): 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
ipobarethieves:
shocked Can't dey fry Akara embarassed lipsrsealed sad and everybody go their respective home in peace undecided.Must we waste money anyhow? Why not wait @least 5/10 years to celebrate him big?
I tire oo

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
Get a paper, write 500 k and hand it over to them without smiling and walk out
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by chocboi78(m): 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
Misplaced priority... Wasting money for the dead..tufiakwa
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Oluwaseun2020(m): 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
naijadrivablog:
Is that thing necessary? Africans look for how to spend money.

Why not raise money for the living members who aren't doing well?
Even jesus said that...let the dead bury the dead
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Chanchit: 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
iamclime:

If I have the means and can meet you in person, I will buy you nkwobi and wine for this comment! This is the only comment that resonates with me here.
Our belief system encourages a lot of wasteful spending and unnecessary stress in this part of the world.
We the so-called educated generation need to change the narrative and spend our money on the living and needy, not to impress people or satisfy unfavorable traditions. This is my take.
@Op, whatever you decide, take responsibility for your actions and decisions. Best wishes

Na people like you and the op make bad people multiply in this world. Cos with the scenario this Op painted, some people will visit babalawo because of him soon, that is if they've not been there already. Remember he lost money to bad business, maybe he just start losing money.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Forumobserver12(m): 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
bro i have döne that already but they don't want to believe. Besides, most of them are doing better than me financially, and far older than me. I smell hatred.

Obviously you can't expect them to be happy that their younger brother is in possession of their father's properties, honestly if I were in your shoes I would've called a family meeting and hand over those properties to the right person...

Some people get mind..you no dey fear for your life?

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Sirwifi: 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
Bro , you greedy ohh, from the available information you provided its obvious you're a selfish man , your type dey diabolical for family, how you go be 7th child and dey manage or inherited property solely but won't pay for the full cost of the party sef, you even lucky them wan help you, tell yourself the truth if na you be them , how you go take am ?
Unless you provide contrary information from above
I stand by my statement oga
Pay the full money , 500k small

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by SavageMaster: 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
Chanchit:

Don't worry, you'll make sense until your father put the last born in charge of his properties,leaving you and others with nothing. Then the last born starts investing on bad businesses. I'm sure someone like you go dpn reach babalawo house.

Well..maybe I didn't see it that way.

If they want equity in the way properties were shared, they should man up and discuss with Op. I don't know why his late Dad gave him all his properties. A dead man's will, if there was one, cannot be changed.

However, throwing a burial remembrance party and taxing people, including Op huge sums of money, is what I'm against. If they have something else in mind, they should come out directly and let the Op know.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Brian47(m): 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
Tell them you can't bring that kind of money. if anyone vex, make them vex. na wedding they wan do ne ?
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by twilliamx(m): 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
Good morning romancelanders, this is not right section, but i need more opinions about this thread.

December 27th will complete one year in which my dad was buried, and according to friends and family, i was told we should have a remembrance party in his memory.

I am the 7th born in the family, but the closest to my dad before his demise(none of the kids have access to his properties except me).

Now the families are tasking me big, i mean a whole 500k from me alone for the remembrance party(despite the fact they know my financial state, which i was scammed a huge sum of money months ago and i also just ventured into some business, and the registration for my 2yrs old son school by january). So my question is, why are they planning so much for the remembrance? Why did they bill me that much? Or are they possibly passing a message to me because of my dad's properties? But fact is me i don't have such amount of money on me talkless of contributing that amount? Pls ur sincere advise is needed..

Kk
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Clemtz: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
African and fucking traditions, while celebrating the dead with so much money when there are people in the family that need help me I don't understand. O. Na vacation for USA dem Wan go?
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
I won't pay a dime and nothing will happen..

It's good to make a clear cut stance on your pesona on time while growing up so everyone around you know what you are capable of.. no need to be overly nice most times..
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Chanchit: 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2020
SavageMaster:

Well..maybe I didn't see it that way.

If they want equity in the way properties were shared, they should man up and discuss with Op. I don't know why his late Dad gave him all his properties. A dead man's will, if there was one, cannot be changed.

However, throwing a burial remembrance party and taxing people, including Op huge sums of money, is what I'm against. If they have something else in mind, they should come out directly and let the Op know.

Alright, I agree with you if you do not see it that way. But then, let's assume the father left his properties with the 7th child for whatever reason. The 7th child should also not try to change tradition when it comes to spending his father's money to do a party for his father. The man mist have loved him enough to leave all to him, he should try show love to the man too.
I think the family sef is a very good one, in other families. He might be in a mental institution by now or in the worse case, dead. That position he took is a not a small thing. In other families, his siblings won't contribute a dime, they'll say he should do his father's party, since the father left his properties to him.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Olujobe99: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
see below
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Bullhari: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:

Now the families are tasking me big, i mean a whole 500k from me alone for the remembrance party(despite the fact they know my financial state, which i was scammed a huge sum of money months ago and i also just ventured into some business, and the registration for my 2yrs old son school by january).

I will be sincere in responding to this.
Did you see the bolded above? That justifies their demand. Did you ever complain that the properties were too much for you? 7th in the house but only you enjoys the access. Now you also want them to exempt you because you were scammed? you no get shame

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by jditimiya(m): 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nigerian with party, that man is death and gone and the living will eat and pay bills why doing something that even the death will be angry about. Come on if they want to celebrate the death they should bring all the money they have to celebrate and leave you alone. N500k, for this next level time. Guy speak up and let them know you no send any of them.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Fem4real: 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
Bro,

I must be sincere here.. even if your DAD willed all property to you, YOU should have called for a meeting to give respect to others... let me tell you the truth you better pray well before they waste you some day,

dont argue with them, give them what they want after which you give others part of the property for your own safety!

its well with you bro!

what you typed up there is your own side of the story shocked...who know the other version... just be sincere with yourself as GOD is watching your step.

warm rgds. grin

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by seborrhic: 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
galaxy2020:
How can you be 7th in the family and none of your Seniors have access to your dad's property except you?
Very suspicious narrative.
He is even lucky his siblings seem to be the quiet types,if not,as long as there is no will,which right does the 7th child have to keep his father's properties?
I think the other siblings are poorly educated,so the op is using that advantage to keep properties to himself.
The worst that should have happened is that all properties are shared based on well known traditional ways of sharing properties,unless the father left a will.
The Op should even be sued.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
bro i have döne that already but they don't want to believe. Besides, most of them are doing better than me financially, and far older than me. I smell hatred.

So, what's their problem? Humans cef. Well, it's a polygamous home.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Freemasonry: 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
I suppose they are operating under the idea of ”to whom much is given, much is expected”.
However, you can reset their brains to the prevailing situation.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
Chanchit:

Alright, I agree with you if you do not see it that way. But then, let's assume the father left his properties with the 7th child for whatever reason. The 7th child should also not try to change tradition when it comes to spending his father's money to do a party for his father. The man mist have loved him enough to leave all to him, he should try show love to the man too.
I think the family sef is a very good one, in other families. He might be in a mental institution by now or in the worse case, dead. That position he took is a not a small thing. In other families, his siblings won't contribute a dime, they'll say he should do his father's party, since the father left his properties to him.

But I am thinking, were is it written that a party must be thrown for the dead years after. There are things that just don't bother me in this life and I can't be dragged into it by anyone irrespective of age.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth During Her Baby Shower (Photos) / I Am Falling Apart With My Mom / 4 Year Old Accidentally Kills 11 Month-old Baby In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.