Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance (27456 Views)

You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / Lady Cries Out As Man Makes Move To Snatch Her Late Dad’s House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by banio: 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
Good morning romancelanders, this is not right section, but i need more opinions about this thread.

December 27th will complete one year in which my dad was buried, and according to friends and family, i was told we should have a remembrance party in his memory.

I am the 7th born in the family, but the closest to my dad before his demise(none of the kids have access to his properties except me).

Now the families are tasking me big, i mean a whole 500k from me alone for the remembrance party(despite the fact they know my financial state, which i was scammed a huge sum of money months ago and i also just ventured into some business, and the registration for my 2yrs old son school by january). So my question is, why are they planning so much for the remembrance? Why did they bill me that much? Or are they possibly passing a message to me because of my dad's properties? But fact is me i don't have such amount of money on me talkless of contributing that amount? Pls ur sincere advise is needed..

How does this concern nairaland ?.

Do You have whitlow of the mouth. Can't You talk to your family members in a heart to heart manner.

Please try and always do a proper accounting of all properties in your care. Otherwise the next thread will be : " My family is accussing me of fraud and eating one billion naira"
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by rafosky1: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
On what basis are you planning to give 250k? Once you do that, you are giving affirmation to whatever they are thinking which we both know.

Remember, whether you give or you dont give, the daggers are always going to be behind you.

My advise, give what others are giving and stand your ground except if they can give you a plausible reason why more is being requested from you.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
not now.. I don't have it in mind at all, atleast not now. I leased two out already

Ur dad wicked gan, and this is how things should be after his demise, why should u take all, why. If one of ur siblings took all how would u feel, if I were ur siblings no remembrance period.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Aguogba(m): 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
Please what on earth is remembrance.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:
Good morning romancelanders, this is not right section, but i need more opinions about this thread.

December 27th will complete one year in which my dad was buried, and according to friends and family, i was told we should have a remembrance party in his memory.

I am the 7th born in the family, but the closest to my dad before his demise(none of the kids have access to his properties except me).

Now the families are tasking me big, i mean a whole 500k from me alone for the remembrance party(despite the fact they know my financial state, which i was scammed a huge sum of money months ago and i also just ventured into some business, and the registration for my 2yrs old son school by january). So my question is, why are they planning so much for the remembrance? Why did they bill me that much? Or are they possibly passing a message to me because of my dad's properties? But fact is me i don't have such amount of money on me talkless of contributing that amount? Pls ur sincere advise is needed..

I don't understand the question.

You said you don't have the money. So what are you looking for people to tell you here? That you should steal or borrow?
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by frozen70(f): 8:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
soulstalker:

Of all the children your late dad had, how come you are the only one in charge of his properties

Well I think they all mean to get at you this time

Have a close meeting with your siblings and find out why the hug amount, that's if you guys ate relating well
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by iamclime(m): 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
Chanchit:

Na people like you and the op make bad people multiply in this world. Cos with the scenario this Op painted, some people will visit babalawo because of him soon, that is if they've not been there already. Remember he lost money to bad business, maybe he just start losing money.

Please go back and read what I wrote, SLOWLY this time. Maybe you'll comprehend by then. Peace.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by toye440: 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
Na U kill am?
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by samafooo: 4:59am On Dec 18, 2020
It's because you are the one that have access to the properties nothing more, just be open and transparent to them concerning the properties.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by olaniyi900: 6:08am On Dec 18, 2020
soulstalker:

1 what is your father properties still doing in your hand after one year of death
2 Call family meeting for the sharing of your father properties according to his will if he has one or according to tradition if he doesn't have will.
If you can do number 2 you will have peace.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by aalangel(f): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2020
Tell them to call the Police.... nonsense!!
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Stranger18: 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2020
Why are you the only one who has access to his properties?
soulstalker:

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:17am On Dec 26, 2020
@soulstalker, why are the only one in possession of your father's properties when you have siblings? And you don't even sound like you intend to give them their share. I am sorry but you sound greedy and entitled to those properties. Why won't they bill you? Call your family head to share those properties if you want to have peace. You shouldn't be the only one with those properties. All comments that had to do with returning the properties, you stylishly ignored. The one they showed you is kasa kasa, get ready for the next kese kese, you will be shocked. You better do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2020
Prettiepearlz:
@soulstalker, why are the only one in possession of your father's properties when you have siblings? And you don't even sound like you intend to give them their share. I am sorry but you sound greedy and entitled to those properties. Why won't they bill you? Call your family head to share those properties if you want to have peace. You shouldn't be the only one with those properties. All comments that had to do with returning the properties, you stylishly ignored. The one they showed you is kasa kasa, get ready for the next kese kese, you will be shocked. You better do the right thing.
my dad will the properties to me. And moreover did i tell u i didn't give my family anything frm d property?
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2020
soulstalker:
my dad will the properties to me. And moreover did i tell u i didn't give my family anything frm d property?
You care to tell how he willed all his property to you and his bank accounts? And as for giving them something, you call giving them the funds in his accounts which for all we know may be nothing compared to all you are in possession of as sharing? Dude you sound greedy and I mean no disrespect. And is this willing legal and not by mouth willing because you are in possession of the documents? Even if it's legal, you should have at least given some out for your own good but no, you want to take it all. Enjoy the billing, because it's just about to start, they won't stop.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
Prettiepearlz:

You care to tell how he willed all his property to you and his bank accounts? And as for giving them something, you call giving them the funds in his accounts which for all we know may be nothing compared to all you are in possession of as sharing? Dude you sound greedy and I mean no disrespect. And is this willing legal and not by mouth willing because you are in possession of the documents? Even if it's legal, you should have at least given some out for your own good but no, you want to take it all. Enjoy the billing, because it's just about to start, they won't stop.
not just bank funds which is upto 90mil, but also landed properties. Most of d properties inherited has been leased before he died, hence i personally haven't made upto d amount i was billed. But i contributed 250k. D party is dis sunday though.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Nickxander11(m): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
Prettiepearlz:

Hi@ prettiepearlz, pls I wanted to seek some advice from you on the ACCA F1 to F3 but seems that thread has some issues at the moment.
How much did you pay for both registration and examination?
Were you given materials and past questions?
Any idea of when registration will be on for next badge?

Pls feel free to reply via email too brunnbrun@yahoo.com.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by samtol4(m): 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
What is the essence of spending so much on the dead?
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:41am On Dec 30, 2020
Nickxander11:

Hi@ prettiepearlz, pls I wanted to seek some advice from you on the ACCA F1 to F3 but seems that thread has some issues at the moment.
How much did you pay for both registration and examination?
Were you given materials and past questions?
Any idea of when registration will be on for next badge?

Pls feel free to reply via email too brunnbrun@yahoo.com.
Thanks in advance.

There are no past questions for ACCA but the approved text books has practice kit. Please send me a PM so I can share the materials with you.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Nickxander11(m): 10:19am On Dec 30, 2020
Prettiepearlz:

There are no past questions for ACCA but the approved text books has practice kit. Please send me a PM so I can share the materials with you.

Thanks so much, I just sent you a mail.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Oracleforce: 11:45am On Dec 30, 2020
Another avenue for the waste of money.....
The living is crying of hunger and lack while the dead are demanding for millions of naira to celebrate its dead bone...

There is no repentance or remembrance in the grave....it is appointed to die once then judgment.....

Pence foolish pound wise...
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by ebuka1997: 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

Please good afternoon, can I pm also
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
ebuka1997:

Please good afternoon, can I pm also
Please go ahead.
Re: Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance by ebuka1997: 11:53am On Mar 01, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

Please go ahead.

Thanks I sent a mail, happy new month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am Falling Apart With My Mom / Woman Gives Birth During Her Baby Shower (Photos) / 4 Year Old Accidentally Kills 11 Month-old Baby In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.