Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us (52500 Views)

Meet Sayo And Jomi: Taiwo Sayo & Kehinde Folajomi, Identical Twin Sisters / Ugandan Man Marries 3 Women At Once, 2 Of Them Are Sisters (Photo) / Triplet Boys Meet Twin Sisters (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 18, 2020
Ardar:

You know the saying, "give or place someone in a position of power and see their true self emerge"

Nobody and I mean nobody like to be trampled upon or dominated by another human being.
These mails will scream BLOODY MURDER when faced with racism and suppression by white people but won't hesitate to give out the same treatment to their wives because they are in the position to do as they please simply because they are mails and "God" has placed their stupid azz above women.
See this empty leaking bloody hole, na male you dey call mails so.

Last time I checked both sex have been affected by racism and both cried against it
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 18, 2020
CSTRR:
Indians and other Asians go abroad, and their wives still remain sensible.
Arabs too, someone said the women go through alot.

Am like is there any marriage both sides don't go through alot
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by RedPanthar: 10:26am On Dec 18, 2020
Hassanmaye:

Haha grin grin Feminist will question your source of money and still beat you on top

Not in ten lifetimes. Once I detect you're a feminist, I disconnect straight up. I don't keep keep feminists as friends, let alone date

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Priam: 10:30am On Dec 18, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Sounds like a master slave relationship. He does what he wants, she does too. But he has more rights than her, to the extent he can take the children for her. No wonder westerners had to even such rights out with their laws

Good luck to him and his wife and their open relationship. If she's wise, she should get divorced and get another man who aligns with her ideal of marriage. One sided marriage is never good.

Lol... You make me laugh

How many men, especially the well-to-do ideal men, do you think would want to align with such a woman - single mother and divorcee in Nigeria of today?

There are enough single ladies to go round than to get involved in single mother dramas.

Those women know what they signed up to and are privy to the fact that they're becoming Naija-based wife before the marriage, hence no biggie. Their own is to stay back here and enjoy the dollar-fueled goodlife
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 18, 2020
bezimo:

So why are Nigerian women case different?
I am sure if you look close you will find out why
Because everything Nigeria women borrow they want to do more than the owners.

Today Nigeria women want to be fairer than white since white showed them bleaching cream

They want to claim phonetics more than white.

Oyinbo that brought femnisism meant equal rights in opportunities and treatment as humans.

There can be mutual respect in a home but that doesn't mean abuse.

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Priam: 10:39am On Dec 18, 2020
Sarita01:

I don't understand the rationale behind it but apparently most men hate it,my dad's friend wife built a very big house in her father's compound without informing her husband,he found out and I can tell you in the last 4yrs,him and his wife are less than room mates,he's even considering marrying another woman,he doesn't touch his woman and doesn't care about anything she does. This man was the one who put his wife in school,found her the government work she's presently doing and still buys everything in the house,foot all the bills regarding his children and siblings but his wife built a house without telling him and still lied about it.

He just gave up on her[b],I really don't understand the big deal about it but apparently it hurts the man's ego[/b]

Can you actually listen to yourself?

Please read what you wrote there, this time slowly, and tell me if there was any level of betrayal greater than this.

You mean he brought her up from the gutter, brushed her up and made her somebody, and that's his recompense? And you're here talking about ego.

If you have a brother and he falls into such a situation, I hope you tell him it's all in his head and that he should clip his male ego since there's no big deal about it. Damn!

Now I'm beginning to see reason for why the redpill is taking root

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Priam: 10:39am On Dec 18, 2020
generationz:

Lol, its easier said than done. When you know the woman you are sending your hard earned money to is sleeping around while you labor in the cold, how can you have peace of mind?

You're assuming that the guy is spending those cold nights alone, right?

Better start accepting it because it's becoming the reality now. Young guys getting married but leaving the wives here in Nigeria while they they travel to hustle in the abroad.
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by bukatyne(f): 10:53am On Dec 18, 2020
afroxyz:
It is only nigerian women that this bullshyte is predominant. Forget all that talk about being trained to be submissive in nigeria. Asian women are also trained to be submissive, yet they stick to their husbands when they go abroad. Why naija women own come different.

It would be a worthy study.

What is the difference between a Chinese husband and a Nigerian one?

What is the difference between a Chinese wife and a Nigerian wife?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by bukatyne(f): 10:57am On Dec 18, 2020
CalliDora1:
A God-fearing woman will never do such.

Marry a born-again Christan.
Marry a virtuous woman.
Marry the will of God not oustside His will.

cheesy

I just found this funny.

Not saying you are wrong.
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by bukatyne(f): 11:10am On Dec 18, 2020
Cocao:

Your post reeks of assumptions. Yes, I know what the word means, and yes, I mean it as it is.
Your marriage may be the one where domination is important, it does not have to be like that.

Before you speak of other nations, maybe be familiar with their statistics. That you don't hear about them does not mean it is not prevalent. You are obviously a product of search engine and social media algorithms. This link gives a brief insight to domestic violence in other immigrant communities.

http://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/userfiles/file/Children_and_Families/Immigrant.pdf

I am wary of the source of information.

That aside, was an analysis done to see why domestic violence increased between partners when they migrated to the US

Is there anything in the US/its system instigating domestic violence?

Do the UK, Canada, and other popular immigration hubs have same stats?
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by bukatyne(f): 11:11am On Dec 18, 2020
Thereishel:

This is the type of lady we are talking about home or abroad you want to be equal with man? When all religion divide teaches man is your head and head of household so you want to usurp his position?

What are the duties of the husband as the head?
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by bukatyne(f): 11:16am On Dec 18, 2020
linearity:

Your arguments are sound, however I want to correct a wrong assumption that you made.

In the Western world, your wife is equal and entitled to half of the family wealth including your 401K retirement saving, regardless if she works or lazy all day in the house.

The law believes that, it is impossible for her to contribute zero and therefore equates those contributions to half.

Even if she is a full house wife, she is entitled to half. You even have to pay more to her in the event of a divorce, if she was a full house wife.

The reason being that, the law seeks to keep the family dynamics as close to the same after divorce, so once they calculate the difference between your income and hers, which will be zero because she is a full house wife, you will be made to come up with more money in terms of spousal support, so that the income of the two homes after divorce will seem equivalent.

Hence, unless you are super rich and don’t mind working and paying your divorce wife salary for the rest of her life, while she does nothing and you do all the work....don’t buy into the none-sense ‘full house wife’ crap, send her to school, let her work...if she is making more than you, the better, the law sees both of you as equals regardless and the burden will be lighten on you if both of you are at the same level or close income-wise.

The only exception to the above default premise of the law is, if you sign a prenup with her and specify what she is entitled to in the prenup.

@bold:

This is where the problem started.

Making divorce 'attractive'.

Why should a wife / husband hope to live almost same standard of life with/without marriage?

Especially when they would not provide the support /resources they did in the marriage? It's not like the wife would still provide the domestic support she did in the marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by RedPanthar: 11:24am On Dec 18, 2020
linearity:

Your arguments are sound, however I want to correct a wrong assumption that you made.

In the Western world, your wife is equal and entitled to half of the family wealth including your 401K retirement saving, regardless if she works or lazy all day in the house.

The law believes that, it is impossible for her to contribute zero and therefore equates those contributions to half.

Even if she is a full house wife, she is entitled to half. You even have to pay more to her in the event of a divorce, if she was a full house wife.

The reason being that, the law seeks to keep the family dynamics as close to the same after divorce, so once they calculate the difference between your income and hers, which will be zero because she is a full house wife, you will be made to come up with more money in terms of spousal support, so that the income of the two homes after divorce will seem equivalent.

Hence, unless you are super rich and don’t mind working and paying your divorce wife salary for the rest of her life, while she does nothing and you do all the work....don’t buy into the none-sense ‘full house wife’ crap, send her to school, let her work...if she is making more than you, the better, the law sees both of you as equals regardless and the burden will be lighten on you if both of you are at the same level or close income-wise.

The only exception to the above default premise of the law is, if you sign a prenup with her and specify what she is entitled to in the prenup.

Assumed posture

Pre-nup
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by bukatyne(f): 11:31am On Dec 18, 2020
Raalsalghul:
I don't want to believe that men in diaspora are still foolish to come home and pick wives. I don't just want to!

Hahahahahaha!

Maybe they are.
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by bluefilm: 11:33am On Dec 18, 2020
Newman20:

Exactly, maybe if she gets an abroad boyfriend in future she can show his her post to try and convince him to take her abroad. grin

Exactly. shocked
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by angelfallz(m): 11:51am On Dec 18, 2020
Raalsalghul:
I don't want to believe that men in diaspora are still foolish to come home and pick wives. I don't just want to!

What's wrong with coming home to pick a wife?
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Lucyspa: 11:53am On Dec 18, 2020
DamZik:
Then the wife should stop if he refuses. His "yes" should be "yes."

angry grin grin
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by cjeriia: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2020
JovialJune:

Seriously? Lmao cheesy

Abeg who will help me school this illiterate that I'm correct to use that sentence cheesy
Lol. When kids get hold of dia keyboard, it's easy to know. Olodo....!!!!

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2020
Lucyspa:

angry grin grin
Any woman is see submission as a bondage or slavery should not bother to marry is she should marry a simp. There is no gender equality in marriage.
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Raalsalghul: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2020
angelfallz:

What's wrong with coming home to pick a wife?

The thread's topic and write-up is everything wrong with it. undecided
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Lucyspa: 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
DamZik:
Any woman is see submission as a bondage or slavery should not bother to marry is she should marry a simp. There is no gender equality in marriage.

grin grin
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2020
Mikehot:
you think the guy is dumb, of course he is aware the woman go enter street but then she don born for am.

If she taya the man doesn't have to give half his spending to her
thank God the man knows that cheesy.many of these sugar mummies u see around many of their husbands are based overseas.They use half of the money their husbands send as allowance to take care of their boytoys
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Liposure: 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
RedPanthar:

Not in ten lifetimes. Once I detect you're a feminist, I disconnect straight up. I don't keep keep feminists as friends, let alone date
those pretenders, believe them at your own risk
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Liposure: 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2020
DamZik:
two captains cannot sail one ship
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by mentored: 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2020
JovialJune:
In Nigeria, men are kings because the law favours you all, In the abroad, equality is king, and our women use it to their advantage.

The problem you guys have with wives from naija who went to the abroad is your failure to lord over her as it was in naija, y'all still want a lady of servitude who will abide by your rules and wishes cos of what you're used to forgetting obodo oyibo nor send you

It's simple, when you bring your wife over there, just know it is no longer a master slave norm but an equality, relinquish your right as being the head, you'll live your life peacefully,

I have peeps over there, and they're doing just fine.

If you don't want a head

Marry yourself abroad!!!

If you don't want a head, remain in Nigeria!!!

A head is not to command you around.

Devil be blinding people and destroying the core block of existence.

Check children raised in good homes and children raised on the other side.

Freedom comes with conditions

You can't eat your cake and have it
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Liposure: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2020
Mikehot:
Because everything Nigeria women borrow they want to do more than the owners.

Today Nigeria women want to be fairer than white since white showed them bleaching cream

They want to claim phonetics more than white.

Oyinbo that brought femnisism meant equal rights in opportunities and treatment as humans.

There can be mutual respect in a home but that doesn't mean abuse.

the whites pushed it, they bastardised it
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2020
Liposure:
the whites pushed it, they bastardised it
They didn't bro, they have been living with femnisism there since.

I think this is all about greed by Nigeria women like some one explained.

It's not really about chores because men over there whether white or Africa don't see chores as big deal since many even do menial jobs for a living.

It is not also about slavery or mistreatment because the laws don't allow you to beat or harm your wife whether white or black

The issue is greed and finance like one guy pointed out.

For the whites they respect that both partners should provide and settle bills (whether one partner came from scratch or not they follow the family guideline)

But a Nigeria woman would exist at your expense but want to cheat the same system when she is buoyant

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 18, 2020
lefulefu:
thank God the man knows that cheesy.many of these sugar mummies u see around many of their husbands are based overseas.They use half of the money their husbands send as allowance to take care of their boytoys
A big shame, but in the long run she would suffer it when she starts looking like evening newspaper.

The husband abroad can simply move on.

Honestly if you know a Bini girl please don't carry her abroad.

Na competition with itohan build house, esohe don build house those girls Sabi.

They even go to shrines to go baff, and carry their man picture
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Liposure: 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2020
Mikehot:
They didn't bro, they have been living with femnisism there since.

I think this is all about greed by Nigeria women like some one explained.

It's not really about chores because men over there whether white or Africa don't see chores as big deal since many even do menial jobs for a living.

It is not also about slavery or mistreatment because the laws don't allow you to beat or harm your wife whether white or black

The issue is greed and finance like one guy pointed out.

For the whites they respect that both partners should provide and settle bills (whether one partner came from scratch or not they follow the family guideline)

But a Nigeria woman would exist at your expense but want to cheat the same system when she is buoyant
we are both saying the same thing. I was referring to nigerian women over here and how they ve miscontrued the whole idea of western feminism
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2020
Liposure:
we are both saying the same thing. I was referring to nigerian women over here and how they ve miscontrued the whole idea of western feminism
I tell you.

It comes back to the same loyalty

Foreign women are the real MVP, they play by the rules no short cut, no lazy cheap route because of toto (tell me which man would see this people and not respect them).

But our so called Naija women who have been trained with "Africa culture" don't want to follow rules, they need short cut to escape poverty

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by generationz(f): 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2020
Priam:

You're assuming that the guy is spending those cold nights alone, right?

Better start accepting it because it's becoming the reality now. Young guys getting married but leaving the wives here in Nigeria while they they travel to hustle in the abroad.

I don't have to accept it. That can never be my reality.

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2020
Liposure:
two captains cannot sail one ship
Lucyspa

Ishilove

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Nigerian Judge Celebrates His Divorce In Benue (Photos) / 13-Year-Old Aba House Help Jumps Down From 2-Storey Building To Evade Punishment / My Husband Says He Owns Me- Help Me Understand!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.