Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us (52410 Views)

Meet Sayo And Jomi: Taiwo Sayo & Kehinde Folajomi, Identical Twin Sisters / Ugandan Man Marries 3 Women At Once, 2 Of Them Are Sisters (Photo) / Triplet Boys Meet Twin Sisters (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 8:24am On Dec 18, 2020
Kennedyiheme02:
why men still dey marry sef... which kind mumu mindset be that?..
Another alpha male in site please marry abeg bro
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Newman20(m): 8:26am On Dec 18, 2020
JovialJune:

Lol ask yourself if your last comment made sense to you.....

If it didn't make sense then I'm sure you'd have been quick to point it out.

I'm done replying you.
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 8:30am On Dec 18, 2020
GeneralPula:

Try Ethiopia girls, you won’t regret it..
Are you sure l'm thinking of marrying a Somalian since our Nigerian girls are misbehaving
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 8:35am On Dec 18, 2020
RedPanthar:

There's nothing like exposed woman in this discussion but rather damaged women. Too many ladies are damaged in every way possible

I know how many woman use all sorts of antics to destroy the man in a marriage and go diabolical for example in extreme scenarios. But make I no expose secret

I only counsel my brothers to be wise
Explain bro abeg we need to know, you know what this women are capable of
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2020
Sometimes i blame our men... they really dont look for character.. they are carried away by shape beauty or it must be village things ibos especially... which is not bad.....

But why will a woman suddenly just turn bad when she is abroad,... is there something the men are not telling us.. i know our men that r married to whites cant cheat on them.. well if she knows its divorce straight and they don't mess with them.. So what is really wrong??..

Abi is white now better to marry

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2020
MrColdsweat:

The protection we give to society.

Men sacrifice their lives daily to secure the lives and properties of everyone.

What do they get in return?
They get manipulated, lies and deceit .
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 8:40am On Dec 18, 2020
humilitypays:
you wish. Any Nigerian guy living in the US legally for 8 years and don't own a house intentionally didn't want to, and he must have solid investments back in Naija. All.my friends below 40yrs own more than 2 houses in choice areas of Nigerian cities, you wish hun wink

Owning a house in the US is not a big deal if you are working with a first degree or as an RN.

Maybe you are talking about illegal migrants who cannot even file for their spouse anyway.

I wonder the guys living abroad you met. Maybe those living illegally in Europe and some Asian countries or UK shocked
What do you mean by first degree?
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Newman20(m): 8:45am On Dec 18, 2020

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 8:51am On Dec 18, 2020
Pharaohny:
When you finally made it Abroad pls never marry a Nigerian girl
Kuku go for white woman
Please stop sending terror down the spine of our Nigerian women,
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Godbless3(m): 8:53am On Dec 18, 2020
One sister hear is preaching but will ignore the truth..
Yes Nigerian men want to be house head even in abroad.
Firstly, stop ur useless family from selling you to them with bride price, family/customary prices.
You claim a feminist but you still can't fight your family to stop bride price..
You want nigerian men to spend his lifesaving/earning on marriage and expect equality in the marriage too?
I rather marry a white woman than to come home and marry a lazy slay queen who will go grazy once in america.
Or i marry you and keep here and come once in a while to enter your puna.
Na so my inlaw brother be do, was teaching in uk, come home and marry from his village, when he retire and want to return home, the girl plot a strategy to make sure the children and her stay put. To the point of asking her parent to return the bride price of more than 30yrs.
Till the man died, the children no even show face nor the wife.
Fear woooman after GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Princedapace(m): 8:53am On Dec 18, 2020
haryomikun:

Your points are solid, man.

Thank you bro.

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Princedapace(m): 8:54am On Dec 18, 2020
Raalsalghul:

This makes sense!

Thank you bro.
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Priam: 8:57am On Dec 18, 2020
Hathor5:

Imagine advising married couples to live separately and even not considering the wife's opinion but treating her like a child who has to stay put the way you decide she should. A good husband will always consider his wife's well-being, her feelings, whether she feels lonely or not in his absence, her sexual gratification, her need for company etc. Let me not start with the children who only get to see their fathers for 1-3 months a year.

Your kind of mentality is why many married people suffer and smile. It's not the place you choose to reside or not reside, it's the kind of attitude you people think is normal. With this kind of mentality you should never get married in the first place.

It's either you don't know what is going on or you deliberately chose to ignore it.

We call them Our Nigerian Wives grin

There are so many girls hustling to marry abroad based husband's, that they'll agree to even be their Naija-based wife because they know that the guy is married abroad to a foreigner for papers. We have a trad wedding in which in my villa, the guy came in the evening with so much security and they prevented people from taking pictures.

I don't doubt that guy's story because I've seen too many cases to mention. The guys build a duplex in the village or rent flat in the city where they house the Naija wife and kids. They come back every 1-2 years, impregnate and travel back to base in Europe or America
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 9:01am On Dec 18, 2020
Sarita01:

I don't understand the rationale behind it but apparently most men hate it,my dad's friend wife built a very big house in her father's compound without informing her husband,he found out and I can tell you in the last 4yrs,him and his wife are less than room mates,he's even considering marrying another woman,he doesn't touch his woman and doesn't care about anything she does. This man was the one who put his wife in school,found her the government work she's presently doing and still buys everything in the house,foot all the bills regarding his children and siblings but his wife built a house without telling him and still lied about it. He just gave up on her,I really don't understand the big deal about it but apparently it hurts the man's ego
That's the price men get when they lift a woman, he get manipulated, in all your life have you ever found a situation where a woman went abroad and came and marry her struggling boyfriend? How many rich women can marry unemployed men and treat him as human being?
Only men love from the button of their heart, but thank God men are becoming more furious now no time for dulling

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 9:04am On Dec 18, 2020
jajeri3216:

Thank goodness I'm not with a black woman(original preference is black) , my oyinbo partner is home doing the laundry and cooking as we speak, she doesn't see herself a slave but a trad,(Type trad Western women into twitter.) , I'll gladly do the same for her.

Bills are equal, everything is based on reciprocity not abuse of power.

Like other couples, we argue but no violence or police troubles.

Gifts fly both ways and lastly the relationship isn't based on our rich or poor status.

Compare the aforementioned attributes to an egotistical maniac from one village in Nigeria, wastes all the household funds on useless thing's, hates house choirs, love's collecting without giving, irresponsible child like baboon behaviour undecided, who will call the police on you at the slightest provocation.

All these equality fights is only going to damage the black family as we see in black American.

Now tell me how I'm mentally damaged?
Another lucky guy so you marry a white woman congratulations
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 9:06am On Dec 18, 2020
jornwhite:

Naa man wey wan suffer go suffer, the access point most women are using to subjugate men is westernization, they use words like gentleman & real men to manipulate men. be a gentleman n open the door for your queen, carry her bag naw or you don't love her.
real men give there wife whatever she ask for, money, luxury & gift spend it like Ned grin
romantic men take breakfast to there wife on bed wink mmm!

Buh till date we still don't know what a gentlewoman, a real woman and a romantic woman should do grin ... love naa scam grin grin

Lol grin Feminist will come for you
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Priam: 9:10am On Dec 18, 2020
babajeje123:
When women say they are being treated like a slave, please what do they mean?

That's the question I've been trying to get the answers to also.

Domestic duties like Taking care of the home and kids, cooking meals for the family and ensuring there's love and peace in the family is now termed slavery by Nigerian women.

4 Likes

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by humilitypays(m): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2020
Hassanmaye:

What do you mean by first degree?
US acquired Bsc or BSN....especially in Nursing Science, Med Lab Science, etc

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 9:17am On Dec 18, 2020
bezimo:

They think they are smart..selfish self entitled liabilities that won't contribute shishi but want to eat the cake and still have..see ehn.. it's a big risk to bring a 9ja girl to Abroad as wife! because it can turn to be a disaster decision that will cost you far more than you bargained for.
Enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2020
Mikehot:
I never see woman o.

I took my mind off marriage, was looking at babymama
What's really happening now every man want a baby mama, Nigerian women are in trouble o
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 18, 2020
Hassanmaye:

What's really happening now every man want a baby mama, Nigerian women are in trouble o
it's the less stress option o, especially outside naija

2 Likes

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Dijita: 9:38am On Dec 18, 2020
JovialJune:

What are you saying and what is the thread about?

A traditional man wants a stay at home wife because he likes it that way, and his authority cannot be questioned which is fine with the wife

A working class wife here is expected to submit and abide by the rules of her husband regardless of equal financial responsibility they both provide, and most times, she has no choice but to follow suit, because well, this is Nigeria

Now, in the abroad

A husband who brings his wife over there and sponsors her education and whatnot, still expects the wife to obey and abide by his rules regardless of her bringing 90% of her income, when she doesnt comply, issues start to happen whereby the husband will question himself as the man of the house, wife decides to use the law to her advantage, she realises she doesnt have to continuously be married to him hence divorce, he flips and becomes vengeful by killing her, or loses everything to her, becomes depressed and kills himself

Now, what is the root cause of the problem? The root cause is the inability of a typical naija man to tame his domineering persona cos he feels since he brought his wife over, therefore he owns her, their law doesnt give fvck about that, in other to be safe than sorry, why not see her as an equal, do things like equal human beings and live peacefully, surely it shouldn't be that hard,

Pls focus on what the thread is about next time, I like intelligent debate.

It is your word that you like intelligent debate hence I am engaging you. In your opinion you think all the problems lies with the men. The women are just innocent bystanders like Lagos boy "Jeje mi ni mo nlo, omo Eko"
Does equality means lack of respect? I don't see anything in Nigeria law that states women and men are not equal. Our culture emphasizes respect and patriarchal so also are most of the western culture. The difference between these countries and Nigeria is economic freedom that makes it possible for women not to rely on the men for their survival. Some men as you stated failed to recognized this and some women used the environment and the ladder provided by their husband to bleeped up their husband. Men and women have been found to be responsible for some of these problem befalling Nigeria families abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by RedPanthar: 9:52am On Dec 18, 2020
Dijita:

It is your word that you like intelligent debate hence I am engaging you. In your opinion you think all the problems lies with the men. The women are just innocent bystanders like Lagos boy "Jeje mi ni mo nlo, omo Eko"
Does equality means lack of respect? I don't see anything in Nigeria law that states women and men are not equal. Our culture emphasizes respect and patriarchal so also are most of the western culture. The difference between these countries and Nigeria is economic freedom that makes it possible for women not to rely on the men for their survival. Some men as you stated failed to recognized this and some women used the environment and the ladder provided by their husband to bleeped up their husband. Men and women have been found to be responsible for some of these problem befalling Nigeria families abroad.

That's the point

Since when did equality mean :

1. Lack of loyalty

2. Lack of respect

3. Lack of cooperation

4. Lack of dependability

5. Lack of reliability

6. Rebellion

7. Devil heartedness and wicked

People need to work on their understanding of issues

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Dijita: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2020
JovialJune:

Lol I already have sons, I am and will continue to train them and teach them right on how to treat ladies well, regardless of where they are in future

Cheers.

I pray God will provide them with wives that will appreciate the value you thought them. It takes two to tango. No matter how good a man or a woman it takes two to make a good working family

1 Like

Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by JovialJune(f): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2020
Dijita:

I pray God will provide them with a wives that will appreciate the value you thought them. It takes two to tango. No matter how good a man or a woman it takes two to make a good working family

Thank you.
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 10:02am On Dec 18, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
I always laugh when Nigerian women say is it a big deal bringing her over? If it is not, then she should do it herself now?

Exactly
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2020
Ardar:

You know the saying, "give or place someone in a position of power and see their true self emerge"

Nobody and I mean nobody like to be trampled upon or dominated by another human being.
These mails will scream BLOODY MURDER when faced with racism and suppression by white people but won't hesitate to give out the same treatment to their wives because they are in the position to do as they please simply because they are mails and "God" has placed their stupid azz above women.
Aunty don't be bitter abeg there are still men that will worship you walk upon
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by bluefilm: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2020
Newman20:

Lol was just about to say that.

She probably already has an abroad boyfriend and the guy is probably planning to keep her in Nigeria so that's why she made this post. grin

She probably wants to convince the abroad brother/s that she is not as evil as those other evil and wicked women. grin grin grin
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2020
lefulefu:
dat one no be marriage abeg cheesy
even if the husband is sending her regular upkeep she will still be miserable with lonliness cheesy .every two years for visit? haba grin
if that woman never start to dey cheat she will surely start soon cheesy
her friends will break her stance and hook her up with a guy
na the children i for feel pass sha
no body to call daddy
only hearing daddy voice on phone ..dat is if he even calls at all
on the other hand i am very sure the man has another family with him in swtizerland..if na edo man i am doubly sure grin
you think the guy is dumb, of course he is aware the woman go enter street but then she don born for am.

If she taya the man doesn't have to give half his spending to her
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by bluefilm: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2020
Hassanmaye:

Aunty don't be bitter abeg there are still men that will worship you walk upon

Count me out of that group of SIMPy men that will worship where any woman no matter who she is walks biko.

Count me out fast.

Nonsense. grin
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Hassanmaye(m): 10:10am On Dec 18, 2020
RedPanthar:

Please stop this joke boss

The woman that will question the use of my financial resources has not been created.

She wan short be that. Na which kind joke be this one
Haha grin grin Feminist will question your source of money and still beat you on top
Re: Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us by Newman20(m): 10:10am On Dec 18, 2020
bluefilm:

She probably wants to convince the abroad brother/s that she is not as evil as those other evil and wicked women. grin grin grin

Exactly, maybe if she gets an abroad boyfriend in future she can show his her post to try and convince him to take her abroad. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' / Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back / I Denied My Husband Sex Because Of Cigarette Odour - Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.