Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,955 members, 7,821,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues (83162 Views)

2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone / Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Among Nigerian States In 2022 / Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Depressed101: 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ilaumoh:
10 richest states in Nigeria in terms of internally generated revenues

[/b] Akwa Ibom moves from 10th to 5th position[b]

Rivers State replaces Lagos as the new king on the block..

Apart from the monthly allocations received from the federal government, states in Nigeria also meet their financial needs from Internally Generated Revenues (IGR), that is, the revenues they generated in their respective territories

While some states with strong economic power have huge internally generated revenues to meet their needs, others have low revenues which make it difficult for them to meet their needs without the federal allocations.

A report by BudgIT Nigeria, a civic tech organisation, raising the standards of transparency, citizen engagement and accountability in public finance, shows the top 10 states with the highest revenues in 2019.

The report tagged State of States sourced its data in part from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).
[/b]1. Rivers (N27,618,370,390)

2. Lagos (N16,550,697,866)

3. Kaduna (N15,510,189,659)

4. Enugu (N8,923,529,697)

5. Akwa Ibom (N8,080,204,669)

6. Kwara (N7,599,787,113)

7. Osun (N7,540,730,845)

8. Zamfara (N7,209,347,808)

9. Anambra (N7,063,928,218)

10. Benue (N6,634,997,664)[b]

www.legit.ng/amp/1393137-top-10-states-highest-internally-generated-revenues-list.html

Mynd44 FP..

how Enugu IGR take pass Anambra own.... Which yeye statistics be this

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Jackmj(m): 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
Cashsteady:
How TF is benue on that list? Benue state in general is a completely useless state as big as the state is half of their people have already ran to south west due to the high rate of poverty and insecurity in that state.. the town where I live the Yorubas are competing with benue people in population.ijebu ode to be precise

you're a fat fool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by LegendHero(m): 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
Seems there are lot of educated illiterates in Nigeria anyway and this thread is a pointer to that fact.

The report clearly said Year on Year most improved and an intelligent person should know they are comparing the growth of those states relative to the past year growth.

Except maybe I am reading this wrong or Legit the author of the news are high on weed for using this heading for this nonsense.

lists the top 10 states with the "year-on-year most improved" internally generated revenues from the report:

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Gazzy88(m): 3:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
nsiba:
So Ogun and Oyo no smell Osun state, when Dele de tell me say both governors are nothing but criminal I think say na joke
Ogun state has a disaster as a governor. Abia and Benue are doing well compare to ogun now. The governor is a total disgrace to democracy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by IGBOSON1: 4:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

grin

Why are you laughing at his display of bile and bigotry?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by NkanAkpanika: 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
IGBOSON1:

Why are you laughing at his display of bile and bigotry?
Because it indeed funny grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
Rivers above Lagos ?

Osun, Zamfara above Anambra
?

haha well wonders they say never ends

wtf and Ogun ?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by LegendHero(m): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
Gazzy88:
Ogun state has a disaster as a governor. Abia and Benue are doing well compare to ogun now. The governor is a total disgrace to democracy.

You people online are fond of saying rubbish.

If you can show me what Abia state and Benue Governor have done in the past 1 year more than Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State I will deactivate my Nairaland account.

Are you game?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by NkanAkpanika: 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
LegendHero:
Seems there are lot of educated illiterates in Nigeria anyway and this thread is a pointer to that fact.

The report clearly said Year on Year most improved and an intelligent person should know they are comparing the growth of those states relative to the past year growth.

Except maybe I am reading this wrong or Legit the author of the news are high on weed for using this heading for this nonsense.

lists the top 10 states with the "year-on-year most improved" internally generated revenues from the report:

My friend stop insulting yourself.. IGR has never been statics but varies every year ok
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by LegendHero(m): 4:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

My friend stop insulting yourself.. IGR has never been statics but varies every year ok

This is H1 IGR stat for 2020 below.

Can you see the figure for Lagos? That’s 204 billion.

Now the Year on Year the OP posted showed just 16billion for Qtr 4 for lagos. If you really pay attention to details you will understand that what the OP meant is Year-on-Year figure.

Even if you say Covid is the reason for the drop in figure, that’s over *10 decrease in just two quarter.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

noted!!but we have always known Lagos, Delta Ogun topping the list... what the heck is Zamfara Benue, Osun doing there... it's surprising
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Vixlot: 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
Op is an illiterate , you are wrong ....it Year on Year improvement difference , not the actual revenue generated i.e. how much difference have you added when comparing this year quarter to last year quarter.

It cannot even be the last quarter of 2020, because we are yet to finish December , 2020

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by LegendHero(m): 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
Vixlot:
Op is an illiterate , you are wrong ....it Year on Year improvement difference , not the actual revenue generated.

Thank God there is another person that can think on this thread.

16 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Nwadiuto247: 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
One South East state have finally entired top 10 at last. Shameless people.

Shameless boy check the list again before displaying your idiocy and disgracing yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by NkanAkpanika: 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Yeah becos it didn't favour you, so now the op is an illiterate cos Rivers overseat Lagos?
Make una get sense oo

2 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Vixlot: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
We are yet to finish last quarter ....we are still in last quarter op.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Kinematics: 4:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
Vixlot:
Op is an illiterate , you are wrong ....it Year on Year improvement difference , not the actual revenue generated.

So it's now you guys are knowing that Ilaumoh aka Hunchogee aka NkanAkpanika is an illiterate bushman.

Go through his threads since May 2020 till date and you will see for yourself.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Prosperchuks1344(m): 4:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
One South East state have finally entired top 10 at last. Shameless people.

So na one southeast state you see for there?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Sobasojek: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Yeah becos it didn't favour you, so now the op is an illiterate cos Rivers overseat Lagos?
Make una get sense oo
Illiterate it’s year on year difference between 2019 and 2020. The report is saying the states with the highest change between 2019 and 2020. Get sense illiterate

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Sobasojek: 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
Grgton:
noted!!but we have always known Lagos, Delta Ogun topping the list... what the heck is Zamfara Benue, Osun doing there... it's surprising
It’s year on year difference which means the states above have the highest increase from in igr between last quarter of 2019 and last quarter of 2020

Simple arithmetic. Year 2019 on year 2020

11 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Rivers problem is mismanagment of resources..

Can you substantiate claim with facts? Careless talk up and down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Blue3k(m): 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
Vixlot:
Op is an illiterate , you are wrong ....it Year on Year improvement difference , not the actual revenue generated i.e. how much difference have you added when comparing this year quarter to last year quarter.

It cannot even be the last quarter of 2020, because we are yet to finish December , 2020
LegendHero:

The mumus cant help being propagandist. They only fool people who are just as dumb as themselves. Threads like this only prove they have reading comprehension deficiencies.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Blue3k(m): 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ilaumoh:
10 richest states in Nigeria in terms of internally generated revenues

[/b] Akwa Ibom moves from 10th to 5th position[b]

Rivers State replaces Lagos as the new king on the block..
NkanAkpanika:

Make una get sense oo

Lol you two cant help proving you're dumb propagandist. You guys need to accept the fact you're halfwits on your best days these mumu post serve as post. Seriously you two need to improve your reading comprehension skills before running to the mods.

Facts:

• Rivers didnt overtake Lagos in igr generated
• Akwa Ibom isn't ranked 5 in igr igr generated.
• Q4 2020 isnt over so those that aren't available yet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Kinematics: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
kopite:

Can you substantiate claim with facts? Careless talk up and down.

Just ignore that Akwa Ibom bushman. He is seeing civilization for the first time. He has been a forest dweller for decades.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by NkanAkpanika: 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2020
Sobasojek:

It’s year on year difference which means the states above have the highest increase from in igr between last quarter of 2019 and last quarter of 2020

Simple arithmetic. Year 2019 on year 2020
Senseless bigot try to read with comprehension ok
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by blacknp(m): 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
freeborn02:
This means Rivers State has no business with poverty. Every local government,in rivers should be beautiful and impressive. There shouldn't be any pothole or bad road portion at all.
On paper but in reality that isn’t the case.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by AustineJohn908(m): 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
@ #MARSMAN can you see and read this?.
Do you see Oyo or any of your SW states ahead of Akwa ibom except Lagos? This one is from The NBS o and it controlled by a Yoruba man I think
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by AustineJohn908(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ilaumoh can you please bring out for GDP...I have someone I want to shame here

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by AustineJohn908(m): 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ilaumoh can you please bring out for GDP...I have someone I want to shame here. I'm waiting please

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Anambra1stS0n: 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
Cashsteady:
Upon all the anambra onitsha they are hyping.. see as ordinary osun throw am for one side.. we Yorubas no dey make mouth.. osogbo and osun as a whole is fast developing.. development is not all about building storey buildings and roads because I no say some ipob go soon come here and start showing ugly looking storey buildings of onitsha that looks like a war torn Libya
I wonder when you guys go get sense IGR from states are hidden from public, most states hide the true figures of their state IGR, no system measures states IGR in Nigeria, you guys always make silly noise about IGR please where in the world IGR measure economy State IGR is revenue generated by state, please can you show me projects being executed by states in southwest let compare with Anambra that recorded low IGR, mind you same Anambra ranked lowest in total debt stock in southern region, post the pictures of projects being executed by your governors let us compare to Anambra since they make more IGR

5 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by aribisala0(m): 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
What is the source of this data
What does it mean
Sadly our youth are severely illiterate and lack the capacity to interrogate data

All they can do is react

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by aribisala0(m): 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
post=97171467:

I wonder when you guys go get sense IGR from states are hidden from public, most states hide the true figures of their state IGR, no system measures states IGR in Nigeria, you guys always make silly noise about IGR please where in the world IGR measure economy State IGR is revenue generated by state, please can you show me projects being executed by states in southwest let compare with Anambra that recorded low IGR, mind you same Anambra ranked lowest in total debt stock in southern region, post the pictures of projects being executed by your governors let us compare to Anambra since they make more IGR

So. Only. Anambra hides IGR in your logical world?
Or Anambra is the best hider?

Think before vomiting

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Customs Closes Gate To Stop Oyo Govt From Returning 1,800 Bags Of Rice (pics) / Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.