Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues (83166 Views)

2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone / Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Among Nigerian States In 2022 / Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Ifasco(m): 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
okeyglm:

you're living up to your name belookinglikeIDOT.
The guy know say e be idiot for life, so e just kukuma gave himself the name. But it may be inheritance sha
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Jonathan39: 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ogun state I know or which Ogun state is rich? Ogun state will compete for one of the most Backward state in Nigeria. No single road is motorable there, I served in Ogun state, for your information
Onyemaya:
Op, your list is wrong, this is the main lists;
We prepared for you the list of the top 21 richest states in Nigeria that play an important role in the country’s economy and development. Nigeria is a sub-Saharan African country blessed with natural resources. It is an independent country that has 36 flourishing states, and Crude oil has long been Nigeria’s primary source of foreign exchange and governmental revenues. Nigeria remains the largest oil producer of Africa and the 12th biggest oil producer of the world.

This article is about the top twenty-one most prosperous states in the area of Nigeria. Also, it should be noted that these regions are independent and can survive on their own without the help of the federal government, as the source of their wealth is from sectors like tourism, sports, agriculture, etc. As a result, one cannot expect these states to be poor or having insufficient wealth like many third-world counties. Let’s start from the top with the Lagos region according to GDP and wealth.

Table of Contents

1. Lagos State ($33.68 Billion)
2. Rivers State ($21.17 Billion)
3. Delta state ($ 16.75 billion)
4. Oyo state ($16.12 billion)
5. Imo State ($14.21 billion)
6. Kano state ($12.39 billion)
7. Edo state ($11.89 billion)
8. Akwa Ibom region ($11 billion)
9. Ogun state ($11 billion)
10. Kaduna state ($10.33 billion)
11. Cross River state ($9.29 billion)
12 Abia state ($8.68 billion)
13. Ondo region ($8.41 billion)
14. Osun state ($7.28 billion)
15. Benue region ($6.86 Billion)
16. Anambra State ($6.76 Billion)
17. Katsina State ($5.99 billion)
18. Niger State ($6 Billion)
19. Borno State ($5.18 Billion)
20. Plateau State ($5.15 Billion)
Bonus: Sokoto State ($4.82 Billion)
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Jonathan39: 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
And lagos is now London or all the roads in Lagos are motorable? Mtcheeew
SILVERLINES:
don't mind that ediot

Wike is deceiving them with flyovers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by UnbanEbenezar: 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2020
wiseone28:
And provision shops every corner grin
don't you think the op that created this thread and the one below me are paid media agents set to bring forth praises to Udom online and claim that Akwa ibom ado ok when obviously it isn't?
Da ete utom anana ke Uyo oh, boys dey suffer and may God see us through.
NkanAkpanika:

Yeah, but some of the state there still top the GDP growth path..
Current GDP ranking :
Lagos, Akwa Ibom State and Rivers..

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by seyi072000(m): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
So ogun state didn't make the list. I said it.... Dapo is senseless governor... Worst thing that ever happen to the state.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Jonathan39: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
Everything about Ogun state is false. One of the most backward state in Nigeria. I have a first hand information that Ogun state has the worst road in Nigeria
Harrynight:
shocked

How OGUN State not in the top 5 still a mystery to me
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Bkayyy: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
One South East state have finally entired top 10 at last. Shameless people.
So Enugu and Anambra are from different geopolitical zones. Wow I never knew that

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by shaw2(m): 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
What is Kaduna generating?
Even ahead of Kano
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by lagosrd: 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Where is kano
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by tnerro1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
So Kano, the big for nothing, is not on this list?

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Harrynight(m): 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
Jonathan39:
Everything about Ogun state is false. One of the most backward state in Nigeria. I have a first hand information that Ogun state has the worst road in Nigeria

We talking about Internally Generated Revenue
And OGUN State has what it takes to be in top 5, populations/Businesses
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
Cashsteady:
How TF is benue on that list? Benue state in general is a completely useless state as big as the state is half of their people have already ran to south west due to the high rate of poverty and insecurity in that state.. the town where I live the Yorubas are competing with benue people in population.ijebu ode to be precise
Same in Ado-Ekiti. You will think Ekiti is an extension of Benue and Kogi.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by LegendHero(m): 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2020
BosseJustice:

That guy you quoted is a well-known Amosun fanboy who still resents the emergence of Dapo Abiodun over Amosun's candidate, therefore his bitterness never allows him to see anything positive about Dapo Abiodun's administration. His bitterness is personal and political and certainly not grounded in reality.

Now I see.

Thanks for enlightening me about the kind of person I quoted.

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Jonathan39: 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
Unfortunately they didn't make the list
Harrynight:

We talking about Internally Generated Revenue
And OGUN State has what it takes to be in top 5, populations/Businesses
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
Jonathan39:
Accept his challenge or STFU

Posting pictures of housing estates doesn't prove anything, people with working brains know that ogun state is far ahead of Anambra and ebonyi combined. It's a fact and online chestbeating can't change that.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Incognito403: 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
Mikehot:
You won't find quota people dominantly in this news.

In other news it is rumoured that Tanko son is now the one acting as cjn for his father like it's a jihad throne

Filthy propagandists will not make heaven.

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by wiseone28: 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
UnbanEbenezar:
don't you think the op that created this thread and the one below me are paid media agents set to bring forth praises to Udom online and claim that Akwa ibom ado ok when obviously it isn't?
Da ete utom anana ke Uyo oh, boys dey suffer and may God see us through.
Next election those ppl wey go rally go collect 2k and polo go shine their eyes..

Na everybody dey feel Udom wickedness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by EduBrazil1991(m): 10:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
At least grow up for one night.

Onitsha and Osun na still inside 9ja.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Omattah10: 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
Elvictor:

why crying about Rivers State? we will keep electing stingy governors until they restructure Nigeria so wail on.

there is no room to feast in Rivers State, have you been to Bonny Island and Omoku?
I served in Bonny I love that place. I still want to visit Bonny Island.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by shiki(m): 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
IGBOSON1:

I find it incredulous that Rivers State collected more IGR than Lagos for the period under review!

#EndSars protest really deal with Lagos state
...but I'm so impressed with Benue state
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
Jonathan39:
Unfortunately they didn't make the list

Why are you embarrassing yourself.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Depressed101: 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
BastardWike:

If you're Igbo, then shame on you! You weren't bordered about other states that did better than Anambra but you want to kill yourself because Enugu did better. What sort of crab mentality is that?

FYI, Enugu has always performed well in terms of IGR over the years.
get behind me tribal bigot I don't have time to reason myopically

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Depressed101: 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
raker300:
IGR is revenue gotten from taxing a people.

These states are states that tax their citizens the most.

This is not a measure of growth.

GDP on the other hand is money gotten from goods/services sold..it’s a better measure of development owing to the fact more businesses/more money.

good analysis
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Bobxin: 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2020
Haba, where Delta na?
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by totit: 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
So many educated and none educated illiterates in this country. Smh!

It's obvious many don't read the OP nor understand the contents of it.

It is a pity. shocked

It states ;

Year on Year most approved
for crying out loud. It's like a nominal stats. Jeeezzz!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York / Jewish Scientists In Anambra To Present DNA Result To Show Igbos Are From Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.