Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues (83158 Views)

2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone / Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Among Nigerian States In 2022 / Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by chatinent: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benue?
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by humilitypays(m): 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
Where is Warri state there This is pure rigging!! angry angry
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Bimpe29: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
Where's Kano State for crying out loud?
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by adecz: 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
The northern states are just
parasitic passengers on this
political contraption aka Nigeria..

That is why they are afraid of
a breakup, because in poverty, there will be
no difference between Niger republic
& Sultanate Of Arewa .

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Harrynight(m): 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
shocked

How OGUN State not in the top 5 still a mystery to me
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
AustineJohn908:
@ #MARSMAN can you see and read this?.

Do you see Oyo or any of your SW states ahead of Akwa ibom except Lagos?
This one is from The NBS o and it controlled by a Yoruba man I think

Check the list domdom illiterate monkey

3 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Jonathan39: 9:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
So Enugu or Anambra belongs to South West grin grin because both are on the list. Ode
BeLookingIDIOT:
One South East state have finally entired top 10 at last. Shameless people.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Housing(m): 9:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ilaumoh:
Top Ten 10 States In Nigeria In Terms Of IGR In Last Quarter Of 2020

[/b] Akwa Ibom moves from 10th to 5th position[b]

Rivers State replaces Lagos as the new king on the block..

Apart from the monthly allocations received from the federal government, states in Nigeria also meet their financial needs from Internally Generated Revenues (IGR), that is, the revenues they generated in their respective territories

While some states with strong economic power have huge internally generated revenues to meet their needs, others have low revenues which make it difficult for them to meet their needs without the federal allocations.

A report by BudgIT Nigeria, a civic tech organisation, raising the standards of transparency, citizen engagement and accountability in public finance, shows the top 10 states with the highest revenues in 2019.

The topic of the thread is misleading. NBS report says the most improved States based on year on year that is improvement in total internally generated revenue in 2019 compared to 2020

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by idahme(m): 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
IGBOSON1:

I find it incredulous that Rivers State collected more IGR than Lagos for the period under review!

In other words you are saying Lagos taxes went into private pockets instead of where we all can see.

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by iamJ(m): 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
That rivers state money na county money for America

Make una dey get shame abeg

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Ademoore07(m): 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
IGBOSON1:

I find it incredulous that Rivers State collected more IGR than Lagos for the period under review!
The same way i find it difficult to believe that the poor Osun state i knew dusted Oyo, Ogun ane even the two oil producing area states of Ondo and Delta. Infact, i'm amazed.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Emyogalanya: 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
Mikehot:
You won't find quota people dominantly in this news.

In other news it is rumoured that Tanko son is now the one acting as cjn for his father like it's a jihad throne
they wont o but they will be there telling Biafrans about the large northern market that they will lose if they get freedom. Why can't the same population that wins them elections generate revenue for them? Where is niger state that is bigger than the whole se ? Why is two erosion states on this list while most of these non landlocked , 3 internatinal border states could not make the list?
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by jcross19: 9:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
you are blind? what's about anambra?!!!! You have nothing to say!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by wellmax(m): 9:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
But all of you will accuse Lagos of siphoning money, but we are all quiet about Rivers State. Hypocrites everywhere.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Emyogalanya: 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
Harrynight:
shocked

How OGUN State not in the top 5 still a mystery to me
same here o i wonder where all the igr that is bigger than the 5se states
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by nnamdi640: 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
You should be ashamed of your zone. Despite southeast is the zone that received lowest federal allocation,yet two states from the side made it to top 10........
Am sure you should be the most shameless person in the whole world for posting this rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by BabaIbo: 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
What is Osun State doing there?

Taah comot here with this fake list.

Osogbo wey be headquarters of begging, sometimes I wonder if those guys do shuttle between Lagos and Osun.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by weslay: 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
Where is Ogun state?
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by nathanomochi(m): 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
Even Benue sef i no gree
Chukwudubem0:
Zamfara?

I no gree
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by UnbanEbenezar: 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
raker300:
IGR is revenue gotten from taxing a people.

These states are states that tax their citizens the most.

This is not a measure of growth.

GDP on the other hand is money gotten from goods/services sold..it’s a better measure of development owing to the fact more businesses/more money.

that's why Akwa ibom state is on that list cos majority of it's citizens are shuttle bus drivers and Keke drivers and a tax force team set to daily tax them heavily.
like you rightly said, this isn't a measure of growth.
cc wiseone28
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by idahme(m): 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
iamJ:
That rivers state money na county money for America

Make una dey get shame abeg

Rivers and Co can do better if the fiscal regime used in ur citations are used here. Though there is a lot of room for improvement, it's just that we have visionless leaders else things would have been far better than it is today.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Jonathan39: 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Accept his challenge or STFU
aribisala0:

So. Only. Anambra hides IGR in your logical world?
Or Anambra is the best hider?

Think before vomiting
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by mayormick(m): 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
nsiba:
So Ogun and Oyo no smell Osun state, when Dele de tell me say both governors are nothing but criminal I think say na joke
When I saw the topic, I definitely knew Ogun will not be there even though it has always been between 1-4 If not 1-3 sef. Unfortunately we now have a governor who seems unconcerned and unbothered with anything governance. Honestly, Ogun state has enter one chance

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Harrynight(m): 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
grin

North 2 states
Middle Belt 2 States
Southwest 2 states
South East 2 states
South South 2 states

Total 10states of the federation!

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by wiseone28: 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
UnbanEbenezar:
that's why Akwa ibom state is on that list cos majority of it's citizens are shuttle bus drivers and Keke drivers and a tax force team set to daily tax them heavily.
like you rightly said, this isn't a measure of growth.
cc wiseone28
And provision shops every corner grin
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Bluntemperor: 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
Cashsteady:
How TF is benue on that list? Benue state in general is a completely useless state as big as the state is half of their people have already ran to south west due to the high rate of poverty and insecurity in that state.. the town where I live the Yorubas are competing with benue people in population.ijebu ode to be precise

You speak the truth but is bitter!
Ijebu-Ode should have been another great city but greediness of Politicians.
In fact,it should have been competing with Abeokuta.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by BosseJustice: 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
LegendHero:

You people online are fond of saying rubbish.

If you can show me what Abia state and Benue Governor have done in the past 1 year more than Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State I will deactivate my Nairaland account.

Are you game?

That guy you quoted is a well-known Amosun fanboy who still resents the emergence of Dapo Abiodun over Amosun's candidate, therefore his bitterness never allows him to see anything positive about Dapo Abiodun's administration. His bitterness is personal and political and certainly not grounded in reality.

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Blue3k(m): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
fxdee:
.. The report almost first confused me too. How can Rivers over take Lagos in igr?.. I m not sure any state ve the capacity yet to over take Lagos in igr in the next 20yrs..what Lagos made in land use charge alone pass the total igr of many states and they also ve the best structure in place for efficient tax collection.

Propaganda isnt posted to inform but to influence perception of reality. Lagos IGR is double rivers igr last time I checked.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
RUBBISH
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by WelcomeToBiafra: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
This is how fulani terrorist government has been extorting from us through their political slaves called governors undecided

They are using the same revenues from our land to purchasing weapons to massacring unarmed innocent people of the land.

This must be the last revenues from our land to nigeria fulani terrorist forces

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by Newboss(m): 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
raker300:
IGR is revenue gotten from taxing a people.

These states are states that tax their citizens the most.

This is not a measure of growth.

GDP on the other hand is money gotten from goods/services sold..it’s a better measure of development owing to the fact more businesses/more money.

Some people will read what you typed and be impressed.

Tax their citizens the most? Wow! Do you even understand how tax works in Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues by idahme(m): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
marsman:

You are not smart, i can now see that, what you are quoting is a year on year improvement,meaning there difference from last years own
The report clearly said Year on Year most improved and an intelligent person should know they are comparing the growth of those states relative to the past year growth.

U r correct, just the increase YoY. The total should still be Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Customs Closes Gate To Stop Oyo Govt From Returning 1,800 Bags Of Rice (pics) / Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.