Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,826 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? (1331 Views)

About The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question / What Do You Think Jesus Would Do In This Case? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 19, 2020
I beleive Jesus is The Messial. But what if another Messiah is still coming if the Jews are correct in their own account of the Messiah below. Note that Mary is not a decentant of David.

Descendant of David
Many prophetic passages speak of a descendant of King David who will rule Israel during the age of perfection. (Isaiah 11:1-9; Jeremiah 23:5-6, 30:7-10, 33:14-16; Ezekiel 34:11-31, 37:21-28; Hosea 3:4-5)
The Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (see Genesis 49:10, Isaiah 11:1, Jeremiah 23:5, 33:17; Ezekiel 34:23-24). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father – and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David. (1)
According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, (2) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.

Virgin Birth
The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.

Universal peace
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)
Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the [Old Testament] no concept of a second coming exists.

Source: https://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html

DappaD:

Wait let me get you straight. The Messiah should come and force everybody to make peace abi? Because if it's by force, then it's no more different from the UN who can go to lengths of wars and conflicts in the name of establishing “peace”.

Jesus Christ made it clear that all those who willingly embrace his teachings will never take up weapons of war to resolve conflicts and that they would be peaceful with their neighbours. Matthew 26:52, Luke 6:29

So stop deceiving yourself, it was the Jews and other stiff-necked people who chose not to follow the real Messiah's teachings so that peace can be achieved amongst them. The fault was not from Jesus but from the Jews and neither will he force anybody to follow after him. Matthew 16:24, Mark 6:1-4

You're waiting for another Messiah to come shey? Okay but just know that the next time Jesus is coming to this earth ehn it will be a bloody encounter between him and the present earth's inhabitants who do not obey God and the good news about Jesus Christ himself. 2Thessalonians 1:6-10, Revelation 16:14-16, 19:11-21
Then after that, God's Kingdom will be firmly established on the earth and true PEACE & SECURITY can now reign amongst the earth's inhabitants who have sought Jehovah God, righteousness and meekness. Psalm 37:11,29; Isaiah 9:7, Zephaniah 2:2-3, Matthew 5:5, 2Peter 3:13, Revelation 21:1-4
Until then, everybody has a choice to make.

MaxInDHouse:
He meant his teachings will cause division as those who embrace it will stand out and the unbelievers will hate them with passion. But for you to be sure that Jesus is truly the PRINCE of PEACE {Isaiah 9:6} try to meditate on his orders to his followers! Matthew 5:43-48, 26:52; Luke 9:51-56 smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Dec 19, 2020
ThePlainTruth:
I beleive Jesus is The Messial. But what if another Messiah is still coming if the Jews are correct in their own account of the Messiah below. Note that Mary is not a decentant of David.

Descendant of David
Many prophetic passages speak of a descendant of King David who will rule Israel during the age of perfection. (Isaiah 11:1-9; Jeremiah 23:5-6, 30:7-10, 33:14-16; Ezekiel 34:11-31, 37:21-28; Hosea 3:4-5)
The Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (see Genesis 49:10, Isaiah 11:1, Jeremiah 23:5, 33:17; Ezekiel 34:23-24). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father – and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David. (1)
According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, (2) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.

Virgin Birth
The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.

Universal peace
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)
Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the [Old Testament] no concept of a second coming exists.

Wait a second... So you believe Jesus is the Messiah and also that Jesus is a liar? undecided
Wow... shocked
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second... So you believe Jesus is the Messiah and also that Jesus is a liar? undecided
Wow... shocked

I beleive Jesus is The Messiah, I never called Jesus a lier I was only showing who the Jews are expecting as thier Messiah and that if they are correct then there may still be another Messiah coming.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Dec 19, 2020
ThePlainTruth:

I beleive Jesus is The Messiah, I never called Jesus a lier I was only showing who the Jews are expecting as their Messiah and that if they are correct then there may still be another Messiah coming.
You need to understand the meaning in what you.

The Jesus Christ that you claim to believe in told you that He is the one and only Messiah..the only way to God. By believing that there is another messiah to come, you essentially declare Jesus Christ a liar.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 19, 2020
Jesus did not write the the New Testament, it was written 70 years after Jesus accended to Heaven so we cannot be sure about everything that was claimed that Jesus said but I will never call Jesus a lier.
Kobojunkie:
The Jesus Christ that you claim to believe in told you that He is the one and only Messiah..the only way to God. By believing that there is another messiah to come, you essentially declare Jesus Christ a liar.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Kobojunkie: 1:40am On Dec 19, 2020
ThePlainTruth:
Jesus did not write the the New Testament, it was written 70 years after Jesus accended to Heaven so we cannot be sure about everything that was claimed that Jesus said but I will never call Jesus a lier.
So, you believe in a messiah called Jesus different from the one written of in the New Testament and much of known history? undecided interesting!

So where can I go to find and read about your Jesus? What is known of him and where can we, in maybe Jewish history, find information about his teachings, his life, claim to fame etc.? undecided
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by MuttleyLaff: 3:52am On Dec 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Wow... shocked

ThePlainTruth:
I beleive Jesus is The Messiah, I never called Jesus a lier I was only showing who the Jews are expecting as thier Messiah and that if they are correct then there may still be another Messiah coming.

Kobojunkie:

ThePlainTruth:

Kobojunkie:
So, you believe in a messiah called Jesus different from the one written of in the New Testament and much of known history? undecided interesting!

So where can I go to find and read about your Jesus?
What is known of Him and where can we, in maybe Jewish history, find information about His teachings, His life, claim to fame etc.?
undecided
"16No one lights a lamp and covers it with a jar or puts it under a bed.
Instead, he sets it on a lampstand, so those who enter can see the light.
17For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed,
and nothing concealed that will not be known and illuminated.

18Pay attention, therefore, to how you listen.
Whoever has, will be given more, but whoever does not have,
even what he thinks he has, will be taken away from him.

- Luke 8:16-18

"You study the Scriptures,
because you think that in them you will find eternal life.
And these very Scriptures speak about Me!
"
- John 5:39

@ThePlainTruth @Kobojunkie
Fyi the Old Testament, is the New Testament concealed and the New Testament, is the Old Testament revealed. The OT and the NT complement each other, refuse to acknowledge this fact and truth at your peril, is what I say to anyone kicking against either or both fact and truth, lmso.

From as early as, right inside the garden, at Genesis 3:15 to be precise, does the Old Testament begin to speak of the Messiah. Eve thought the Messiah was in the person of Cain, hence she gleefully named him "possessed, acquired or got a manifestation of Yahweh's help" and in typical blasé attitude, named the second son, Abel, carrying the impression that he is vapour, moisture, a short breath, something that is short-live. She didnt know she was being prophetic because truly Abel indeed didnt last long because his brother Cain, the hopeful, made sure he didnt, lmso

The Genesis 3:15 prophecy, was 4000 years fulfilled when the Seed's head, at Golgotta surely did get bruised, lmso
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:19am On Dec 19, 2020
The bolded in red shows you've been mimicking the slogan "Jesus is Lord" and the bolded in blue shows that you're only mimicking what you hear others say ignorantly but

YOU'RE NOT CONVINCED WITH JESUS' CREDENTIALS AS THE MESSIAH!

Whenever i say "only Jehovah's Witnesses are making real disciples" most of you will frown and begin raining insults, abuses and trying to find faults with the Watchtower, isn't this your post enough evidence that you don't even believe in Jesus?

Well i'm an ex-Muslim and i can prove before anybody, anyday, anytime, anywhere and under any circumstances that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah) {Act 18:5} Please humble yourself and learn the truth from the Watchtower (JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES) they will use the Bible to teach you how to become fully competent and completely equipped as a disciple of Jesus {2Timothy 3:17} it's not too late because it's only those who truly believe as in fully convinced that Jesus is the Messiah will see Paradise! John 3:16

May you have PEACE! smiley

ThePlainTruth:

I beleive Jesus is The Messial. But what if another Messiah is still coming if the Jews are correct in their own account of the Messiah below.

Note that Mary is not a decentant of David.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:25am On Dec 19, 2020
@ThePlainTruth
Concrete Evidence that Jesus is the Messiah!

The promised Messiah will fulfill so many things and the Jews are aware of all but one thing they don't want to admit is how lowly and mild temper this King of Kings will be. Even Peter one of his closest confidants rebuked Jesus when Jesus began telling them the bitter side of his assignment {Matthew 16:21} note Jesus' response to Peter's rebuke {Matthew 16:22-23} So the Jews only love to hear sweet things about the coming Messiah, they don't want to hear the bitter side of his assignment!
Now READ this~

Genesis 3:15
God foretold that the Serpent (Satan) will bruise the seed of Salvation in the heel, this means the Messiah will be wounded temporarily by Satan. So the Messiah will not be able to complete his assignment during his first coming!

Deuteronomy 18:15-18
Moses warned the Israelites not to disbelieve the Messiah (who will serve as a prophet like himself) this means the Messiah will not judge instantly like Moses who calls down fire on oppositions in the camp of God's people, so we can't expect him to complete his assignment since he will not exterminate critics instantly!

Psalms 16:10
David prophesied about the Messiah that God will not allow his flesh to decay in the grave {Act 2:25-28} meaning the Messiah will die during his first coming!

Isaiah 53:7-8
Isaiah said the Messiah will be accused, arrested, tried, judged, sentenced and executed without giving a tough fight!

As for the PEACE foretold, Jesus will begin working on that when he returns as a mighty spirit King. Note how the world has never witnessed any group of people who will bow never to raise up weapons against anyone for any reason whatsoever not until 1919 when the JWs began their global preaching campaign!
Ever since then millions have joined this group even from amongst world's most racists nations individuals came out and they've beaten their swords into farming tools {Isaiah 2:2-4} Jesus foretold that even while all these works of God's holy spirit is evident amongst his true followers {Matthew 7:15-20} majority will continue to speak abusively of the true Christians! John 17:14

Don't think the Messiah will just come and force everyone to become peaceful! They must accept his counseling before having a change of heart, that's what JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES have been doing since 1919 and 2019 marks 100 years of their global preaching campaign!

So if you find any Jew who wants to doubt the authenticity of Jesus as the Messiah, please direct him to the Watchtower (Jehovah's Witnesses) we don't just follow the traditions of the TRINITY Churches, we have all the credentials of our Master, Lord and King to prove before anyone that Jesus of Nazareth (the son of Mary) is the one and only authentic Messiah!

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:30am On Dec 19, 2020
elated177:
What makes you think such things did not happen?

Are you serious? shocked This is very shocking coming from you.

First, did the Bible not Clearly Show us how He came in Quietly?

Would such an event go unnoticed and unrecorded by the Bible?

When He visited Isreal at the Mountain did the Bible not Clearly tell us?

To Remember, at His Exit He now Chose to Show us His Greatness which you expected at the beginning in the form of "Darkness filling the earth, Earthquake Tore the Temple's Curtain, Graves and the Saints Awoke, causing the Roman Soldier, A Centurion and His Company to Confess that "This Indeed, was the Son of God!"

Respectfully, if you Truly Knew The Lord you would know that Humility and Quietness is His Character and that He Avoids open Display of Might and Power which is the way of weak stupid people.

As we say "a man does not need to shout and say that he is a man", his works would speak for him. So also is it for The Lord, His Works talk about and would always speak about His Greatness and He Does Not Have To Say or Do Anything, that is for stupid people.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by elated177: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2020
You said all that in one breath? Ehehehehe!

Dtruthspeaker:

Are you serious? shocked This is very shocking coming from you.

Coming from me how? Did I give you the impression that I am a god? Forget flattery, biko.

Dtruthspeaker:

First, did the Bible not Clearly Show us how He came in Quietly?

That who came queitly?

Dtruthspeaker:

Would such an event go unnoticed and unrecorded by the Bible?

The people only noticed exactly what the Father permitted them to notice about his Son.

John 12:28 Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

Didn't the high priest and the Sanhedrin council hear about this scenario? Did it alter their hatred towards him?

What about all the great signs and miracles he performed before their very eyes: gave sight to the blind - including the one born blind; healed those with leprosy; raised the dead; fed thousands with just few loaves of bread and few fish; turned water to wine; etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Did any of such signs and miracles - great things they had never experienced directly prior to his coming - deter any of those Pharisees and the teachers of the law?

What about the one you mentioned, the darkness that covered the atmosphere at the time of his death, did it make them change their minds.

Like I stated earlier, they still would not had loved him even if physical chariots of fire, thunder and lightning roared and blazed in the sky and loud physical sounds of trumpet accompanied his every step.

John 8:43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.

Again:

John 15:24-25 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

John 12:37 Even after Yahushua had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him.

The high priest and the Sanhedrin council just wanted to kill him and not because they didn't know who he was. They hated what he represented.

John 3: 1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Yahushua at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from YHVH. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if YHVH were not with him.”

John 11:47 Then the chief priests and the Pharisees called a meeting of the Sanhedrin.
“What are we accomplishing?” they asked. “Here is this man performing many signs. 48 If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our temple and our nation.”

John 12: 42 Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved human praise more than praise from YHVH.

Dtruthspeaker:

When He visited Isreal at the Mountain did the Bible not Clearly tell us?

Did the Scripture lie here?

Luke 3: 21 When all the people were being baptized, Yahushua was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

Matthew 3:16 As soon as Yahushua was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Dtruthspeaker:

To Remember, at His Exit He now Chose to Show us His Greatness which you expected at the beginning in the form of "Darkness filling the earth, Earthquake Tore the Temple's Curtain, Graves and the Saints Awoke, causing the Roman Soldier, A Centurion and His Company to Confess that "This Indeed, was the Son of God!"

He showed his greatness at his exit? Ehehehehe!

So all those great and awesome signs and miracles --- walked on water, fed thousands with few loaves of bread and few small fish, gave sight to the blind - including to the man born blind, voice spoke to him from heaven, healed those with leprosy, raised the dead, restored the hearing and speaking abilities of deaf and dumb, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, were his what exactly?

Dtruthspeaker:

Respectfully, if you Truly Knew The Lord you would know that Humility and Quietness is His Character and that He Avoids open Display of Might and Power which is the way of weak stupid people.

Ehehehehe! Chai! Ihe efu!

How do you describe the humility the Messiah portrayed while on earth? You probably think worldly description of humility is the same as Scriptural or the heavenly Father's description or view of humility. O di kwa egwu!

Ehehehehe! I laugh in Mbaise!

I ask again:

So all those great and awesome signs and miracles --- walked on water, fed thousands with few loaves of bread and few small fish, gave sight to the blind - including to the man born blind, voice spoke to him from heaven, healed those with leprosy, raised the dead, restored the hearing and speaking abilities of deaf and dumb, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, were his what exactly?

Did he do all those signs and miracles in secret? Does it take a little power or might to heal even a small headache?

If "weak stupid people" can display all those great and awesome signs and miracles I highlighted above, then, I say being weak and stupid must be very, very, very great and awesome. If weak and stupid people, using your language, can do all that, then I say let them maintain their weakness and stupidity along those lines. Nsogbu adighi!

Dtruthspeaker:

As we say "a man does not need to shout and say that he is a man", his works would speak for him. So also is it for The Lord, His Works talk about and would always speak about His Greatness and He Does Not Have To Say or Do Anything, that is for stupid people.

Ehehehehe! Ihe efu! Anaghi eji ekete eku mmiri!

You have a knack for contradicting yourself, dude. Again, you said all that in one breath? Ehehehehe!

Either you are confused and don't know what you are on about or you are deliberately mischievous and are on a mission to deceive and mislead. Either case, I feel sorry for you.

El Elohe Yahshrael? Hallelu Yah!

May Yahveh Almighty, the Father of the heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows, continue to protect his saints and other genuine seekers of his Truth from the traps and snares of the enemy and messengers.

Hallelu Yah!
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

@ThePlainTruth
Concrete Evidence that Jesus is the Messiah!

Isaiah 53:7-8
Isaiah said the Messiah will be accused, arrested, tried, judged, sentenced and executed without giving a tough fight!

@MaxInDHouse
If you read on to:
Isaiah 53:10
10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.

Isaiah said he will see his offspring. Can you now say Isaiah was referring to Jesus.

I beleive Jesus is a Messiah but if the Jews are correct then there may be another Messiah coming.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by sonmvayina(m): 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2020
vybzkartel:

Mark 14:61-64

[61]But He kept silent and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?”

[62]Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.

[63]Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “What further need do we have of witnesses?
[64]You have heard the blasphemy! What do you think?” And they all condemned Him to be deserving of death.

Why did the High Priest consider Jesus' statement to be blasphemy?

Thank

Well first and formost, it does not make any sense. The jews knows that the messiah God promised to send them is a king from the line of david. God never said the messiah will be a demi God coming as a sacrifice for sin. He had already given them a solution to the problem of sin in 2nd chronicles 7:14.
So that conversation NEVER happened.

Secondly God is not a man or human being, the jews dont have the idea of god mating with humans as part of their belief . It was a roman/greek thingy..

1 Like

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by sonmvayina(m): 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Wow... shocked

No, not jesus...the authors who created the character and put blasphemy in his mouth..
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by sonmvayina(m): 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2020
ThePlainTruth:

But he did not fulfil any of the terms and conditions...none at all. God never asked anybody to believe in the messiah. His purpose was for him to deliver them from their enemies. Build a temple where normal animal sacrifice will resume..He is a man just like us...all tbese things christians claim about jesus are all from paganism, not what God said in the Tanakh

1 Like

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by sonmvayina(m): 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2020
The stories about jesus in the gospel were built from ancient tales about Marduk. Marduk was the son of Enki. He was also the creator of the universe according to the enuma elish. He was accused of masterminding the death of Dimuzi, by no other than inanna. And was sentenced by the Enliltes, he was beaten and entombed. But he was raised up as he was judged innocent by the great Gods..
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
It's because you never allow the true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) to TEACH you these sacred secrets as Jesus sent them to everyone. {Matthew 28:20} most of you assume that you can just pick up the Bible and got the understanding but God's word foretold that the wisdom to unravel these sacred secrets will only be given to a group, even prophet Daniel was denied that wisdom when he demanded for it! Daniel 12:8-13
The "offspring" mentioned aren't going to be Jesus' biological offsprings but spiritual.
According to God's word Adam is our ancestor so all of us (including Eve) are Adam's biological offspring, we've all inherited sin and death from our biological father that's why we need another father by reason of FAITH {1Corinthians 15:45} through faith in the sacrifice that the Messiah will offer with his perfect human life {Isaiah 53:10} many will be forgiven on the bases of Jesus' name that's why Isaiah referred to the promised Messiah saying "he will be called.... Everlasting Father" Isaiah 9:6

So according to the Bible book of Revelations Jesus got married to his spiritual bride (body) of 144,000 anointed (born again) Christians {Revelations 21:2} it's through this born again Christians that Jesus will have countless offsprings of obedient humans.
HOW?
They are the little flock spoken of by Jesus that has been granted the heavenly Kingdom {Luke 12:32} it's by their active preaching and teaching that countless numbers of obedient mankind will become the other Sheep {John 10:16} to inherit everlasting life on planet earth. That's why John first saw the 144,000 after which he saw the great crowd! Revelations 14:1, 6
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ORGANIZATION have the remnant of the 144,000 anointed Christians, they're the ones teaching us all these things because Jesus is working with them (in the spirit) of course they're not perfect so there are some things that Jesus did not give them info about but out of presumptuousness they try to figure out the times and seasons of certain things {Act 1:7} but if you carefully observe their achievement you'll be convinced that a wonderful counselor is working with this Organization!

ThePlainTruth:

@MaxInDHouse
If you read on to:
Isaiah 53:10
10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
[highlight]he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand[/b].

Isaiah said he will see his offspring. Can you now say Isaiah was referring to Jesus.

I beleive Jesus is a Messiah but if the Jews are correct then there may be another Messiah coming.

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jesus spiritual offspring
MaxInDHouse:

The "offspring" mentioned aren't going to be Jesus' biological offsprings but spiritual.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2020
That's what being a Christian entails!

You shouldn't read the scriptures with the lenses of those stiff-necked murderous Jews otherwise you would easily join them in condemning Jesus!

Isaiah was just a servant of God inspired to pen down all those things, note that he is not one of the Born Again Christians who were anointed with God's holy spirit to understand the deep things of God. That's why Jesus said "Truly i said to you, among those born of women (any human born apart from Adam and Eve) there has never risen any one greater than John the baptist but the least in the kingdom of heaven (anointed or Born Again Christians) is greater than John" Matthew 11:11
Isaiah penned down those sacred secrets but the interpretation wasn't given to anyone until the born again Christians were sanctified at Pentecost {Act 2:1-4} God fulfilled his promise by pouring out his holy spirit on them {Act 2:16-18; Joel 2:28} remember Jesus foretold that God's holy spirit will remind his followers what he taught them and teach them the important things they need to know! {John 14:26} Those unbelieving murderous Jews are still expecting the prophecy of Joel to be fulfilled till today whereas it has been fulfilled at Pentecost! embarassed

So don't be surprised that it was decades later that those born again Christians penned down everything about Jesus {John 14:26} it was God's holy spirit that helped them!
For your information Apostle John penned down the Bible book of Revelation in the year 96ce before God's holy spirit touched him to write his own gospel (98ce)
WHY?
Because God used his holy spirit to remind John of a very important info that has become like a confusion amongst the Christians back then! John 21:23
Did you notice the misconception that was going on amongst the Christians back then?
They were thinking Apostle John (who wasn't killed like the rest of the Apostles) will never die until Jesus return! undecided

ThePlainTruth:
Jesus spiritual offspring and Isaiah told you this
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2020
elated177:
You said all that in one breath? Ehehehehe!
Coming from me how? Did I give you the impression that I am a god? Forget flattery, biko.
That who came queitly?
The people only noticed exactly what the Father permitted them to notice about his Son.
John 12:28 Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.
Didn't the high priest and the Sanhedrin council hear about this scenario? Did it alter their hatred towards him?
What about all the great signs and miracles he performed before their very eyes: gave sight to the blind - including the one born blind; healed those with leprosy; raised the dead; fed thousands with just few loaves of bread and few fish; turned water to wine; etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Did any of such signs and miracles - great things they had never experienced directly prior to his coming - deter any of those Pharisees and the teachers of the law?
What about the one you mentioned, the darkness that covered the atmosphere at the time of his death, did it make them change their minds.
Like I stated earlier, they still would not had loved him even if physical chariots of fire, thunder and lightning roared and blazed in the sky and loud physical sounds of trumpet accompanied his every step.
John 8:43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.
Again:
John 15:24-25 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’
John 12:37 Even after Yahushua had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him.
The high priest and the Sanhedrin council just wanted to kill him and not because they didn't know who he was. They hated what he represented.
John 3: 1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Yahushua at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from YHVH. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if YHVH were not with him.”
John 11:47 Then the chief priests and the Pharisees called a meeting of the Sanhedrin.
“What are we accomplishing?” they asked. “Here is this man performing many signs. 48 If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our temple and our nation.”

John 12: 42 Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved human praise more than praise from YHVH.
Did the Scripture lie here?
Luke 3: 21 When all the people were being baptized, Yahushua was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

Matthew 3:16 As soon as Yahushua was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
He showed his greatness at his exit? Ehehehehe!
Ehehehehe! Chai! Ihe efu!
How do you describe the humility the Messiah portrayed while on earth? You probably think worldly description of humility is the same as Scriptural or the heavenly Father's description or view of humility. O di kwa egwu!
Ehehehehe! I laugh in Mbaise!
I ask again:
Did he do all those signs and miracles in secret? Does it take a little power or might to heal even a small headache?
If "weak stupid people" can display all those great and awesome signs and miracles I highlighted above, then, I say being weak and stupid must be very, very, very great and awesome. If weak and stupid people, using your language, can do all that, then I say let them maintain their weakness and stupidity along those lines. Nsogbu adighi!
Ehehehehe! Ihe efu! Anaghi eji ekete eku mmiri!
You have a knack for contradicting yourself, dude. Again, you said all that in one breath? Ehehehehe!
Either you are confused and don't know what you are on about or you are deliberately mischievous and are on a mission to deceive and mislead. Either case, I feel sorry for you.
El Elohe Yahshrael? Hallelu Yah!
May Yahveh Almighty, the Father of the heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows, continue to protect his saints and other genuine seekers of his Truth from the traps and snares of the enemy and messengers.
Hallelu Yah!

So so many words to try to cover up how you shamed yourself in saying

elated177:

What makes you think such things did not happen?

Leading to the clear reasonable inference that The Lord came to earth with Noise and Glitters like your politicians and conducted himself as such when the Bible was very very Clear on how He came to the earth and how He Conducted Himself.

Now, instead of you to keep your head in shame, you rather sought to further increase your shame by CUNNINGLY ATTEMPTING CHANGE THE ARGUMENT into Something else, then you thereafter indirectly laid False Accusations on me.

Yet you would think yourself RIGHTEOUS and Fit for the Kingdom of God!

As The Lord would say "Ye have your reward!"
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2020
So how do you then TEACH about

Descendant of David

Virgin Birth

MaxInDHouse:
It's because you never allow the true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) to TEACH you these sacred secrets as Jesus sent them to everyone. {Matthew 28:20} most of you assume that you can just pick up the Bible and got the understanding but God's word foretold that the wisdom to unravel these sacred secrets will only be given to a group, even prophet Daniel was denied that wisdom when he demanded for it! Daniel 12:8-13
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Dec 19, 2020
Plaintruth, I am still waiting to read about your Jesus, your own messiah and his teachings about God.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Plaintruth, I am still waiting to read about your Jesus, your own messiah and his teachings about God.

If the Jews are correct then there should be another messiah coming see one of the conditions they have based their claim on:

Descendant of David

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2020
Apostle Peter said our faith will be tested by FIRE {1Peter 1:7} instead of humbly learning God's word from the group Jesus is working with most of you just want to read and understand on your own perhaps after discovering how cunning you pastors are! cheesy

This is the time of the revelation of Jesus Christ. His group JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will
©Be united globally as one! John 17:20-23
©Have Love amongst themselves! John 13:34-35
©Separate from world politics! John 17:14
©Not carry weapons! Matthew 26:52
©Preach and Teach globally! Act 1:8
©Be known globally as unique! Matthew 5:13-16
©Hated by all people! Mark 13:13

Are you noticing all these words been fulfilled in the case of just one group?
Well if you do i congratulate you because you're already witnessing the revelation of Jesus Christ, those words he spoke to help you and i IDENTIFY his group during the endtime.
So if you love yourself go and find them today, you all know them in your neighborhood but due to the false religious doctrines Satan fabricated that you're carrying in your brains which is of no benefit to any group of people, most of you are stubbornly denying the fruit of God's holy spirit.

Just because of the teachings of the same Jews whose forefathers killed God's servants {Luke 11:47-48} and of course Jesus Christ {Matthew 23:37-38} most of you are thrown off balance and can't stand firm on your slogan "Jesus is Lord" again!

Well it will be more tolerable for those people who killed Jesus back then than for this generation because if they're alive today to see how Jesus' words turns out in the activities of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES many of them will rush to grab the truth! Zechariah 8:23

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2020
ThePlainTruth:

If the Jews are correct then there should be another messiah coming to see one of the conditions they have based their claim on:

Descendant of David

Pay attention. I asked you of the one you believe has already come for you. Where can I read of him since you claim he is not the same Jesus recorded in the New testament?
What historical evidence do you have that he has even come? Or are you instead still waiting on both Messiah's?
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Pay attention. I asked you of the one you believe has already come for you. Where can I read of him since you claim he is not the same Jesus recorded in the New testament?
What historical evidence do you have that he has even come? Or are you instead still waiting on both Messiah's?

You are avoiding this arear which I have been posting and you are running away from it. Look at it again and please answer my question first.

[Is Jesus A Descendant of David?]

Virgin Birth

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2020
ThePlainTruth:

You are avoiding this arear which I have been posting and you are running away from it. Look at it again and please answer my question first.

Virgin Birth

I asked you to provide details of this messiah you claim to believe in. How does providing me with Old testament claims of his coming do that?

Has he come or has he not come? If he has, where is evidence of his having arrived on this planet? You ought to be able to tell me about him separate from bits and pieces culled from Old testament claims of who he will be.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2020
Two of Jesus' disciples documented his lineage, Matthew from Abraham to Jesus {Matthew 1:1-16} and Luke from Jesus to Adam {Luke 3:23-38}

Matthew related Jesus' biography through Joseph as most people find it hard to believe in the birth of a child without human father, so they continue calling him Joseph's son {Matthew 13:55} therefore Matthew followed their thinking even though Joseph was just his foster father. Matthew 1:18

Luke's account of Jesus' birth was more detailed so he used the custom that Jews themselves often use to tell them that Jesus is the great grandson of King David through Mary who is also from the lineage of David, that's why Luke could say "as of the opinion" {Luke 3:23} because the Jews believe that a family can adopt their in-law as SON, therefore Joseph who married Mary has become the son of Mary's father!

However for the Messiah to fulfil the role Isaiah mentioned at Isaiah 53:10 he can't come from a human father otherwise he will also inherit Adamic sin {Romans 5:12} so for the Messiah to qualify as the lamb that will cleanse us from Adamic sin he mustn't inherit sin through birth! Psalms 49:7-9

Please desist from reading articles from natural Jews or anyone having to do with them, they knew all these but they hate Jesus because he disappointed them as they were expecting him to help them dominate the whole world with his God's given powers!

ThePlainTruth:
So how do you then TEACH about

Descendant of David

Virgin Birth

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I asked you to provide details of this messiah you claim to believe in. How does providing me with Old testament claims of his coming do that?

Has he come or has he not come? If he has, where is evidence of his having arrived on this planet? You ought to be able to tell me about him separate from bits and pieces culled from Old testament claims of who he will be.

The New Testament is based on the fulfillment of the Old Testament so you will need to answer my question first

Look at it again and please answer my question first.

Virgin Birth

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
ThePlainTruth:

The New Testament is based on the fulfillment of the Old Testament so you will need to answer my question first

Look at it again and please answer my question first.

Virgin Birth

Well, since you keep evading the questions asked, I will take it to mean you don't have any real information on your so-called messiah to begin with. Good luck!
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by elated177: 10:44pm On Dec 19, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

So so many words to try to cover up how you shamed yourself in saying

Leading to the clear reasonable inference that The Lord came to earth with Noise and Glitters like your politicians and conducted himself as such when the Bible was very very Clear on how He came to the earth and how He Conducted Himself.

Now, instead of you to keep your head in shame, you rather sought to further increase your shame by CUNNINGLY ATTEMPTING CHANGE THE ARGUMENT into Something else, then you thereafter indirectly laid False Accusations on me.

Yet you would think yourself RIGHTEOUS and Fit for the Kingdom of God!

As The Lord would say "Ye have your reward!"

Mtcheeeew! Worthless piece of garbage.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 20, 2020
There is nothing in Luke 3:23-38 that proves that Mary was a descendant of David. Luke 3:23-38 only shows that Joseph and Mary are both descendants of Adam. Though I believe JESUS is The Messiah.

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
So you saying "The "offspring" mentioned aren't going to be Jesus' biological offsprings but spiritual." does not add up

"So according to the Bible book of Revelations Jesus got married to his spiritual bride (body) of 144,000 anointed (born again) Christians {Revelations 21:2} it's through this born again Christians that Jesus will have countless offsprings of obedient humans. "
too does not add up. So Isaiah 53:10 most be refering to Jesus' biological offsprings. If not then where was Jesus from 12 to 33?
Isaiah 53:10 Says: Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes his life an offering for sin, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.  

"Marriage and children were expected of a Jewish man, then and now. If he hadn’t been married, that would have caused consternation to his family, possible scandal in the community, and the New Testament certainly would have commented on it—if for no other reason than to explain and defend Jesus’ unusual behavior." Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/ancient-manuscript-proves-jesus-married-mary-magdalene-and-had-children-a6982836.html

MaxInDHouse:
Two of Jesus' disciples documented his lineage, Matthew from Abraham to Jesus {Matthew 1:1-16} and Luke from Jesus to Adam {Luke 3:23-38}

Luke's account of Jesus' birth was more detailed so he used the custom that Jews themselves often use to tell them that Jesus is the great grandson of King David through Mary who is also from the lineage of David, that's why Luke could say "as of the opinion" {Luke 3:23} because the Jews believe that a family can adopt their in-law as SON, therefore Joseph who married Mary has become the son of Mary's father!

MaxInDHouse:
According to God's word Adam is our ancestor so all of us (including Eve) are Adam's biological offspring, we've all inherited sin and death from our biological father that's why we need another father by reason of FAITH {1Corinthians 15:45} through faith in the sacrifice that the Messiah will offer with his perfect human life {Isaiah 53:10} many will be forgiven on the bases of Jesus' name that's why Isaiah referred to the promised Messiah saying "he will be called.... Everlasting Father" Isaiah 9:6

So according to the Bible book of Revelations Jesus got married to his spiritual bride (body) of 144,000 anointed (born again) Christians {Revelations 21:2} it's through this born again Christians that Jesus will have countless offsprings of obedient humans.
HOW?
They are the little flock spoken of by Jesus that has been granted the heavenly Kingdom {Luke 12:32} it's by their active preaching and teaching that countless numbers of obedient mankind will become the other Sheep {John 10:16} to inherit everlasting life on planet earth. That's why John first saw the 144,000 after which he saw the great crowd! Revelations 14:1, 6
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ORGANIZATION have the remnant of the 144,000 anointed Christians, they're the ones teaching us all these things because Jesus is working with them (in the spirit) of course they're not perfect so there are some things that Jesus did not give them info about but out of presumptuousness they try to figure out the times and seasons of certain things {Act 1:7} but if you carefully observe their achievement you'll be convinced that a wonderful counselor is working with this Organization!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is It About The 10 Commandments That Infuriates The Forces Of Wickedness? / Let Us Pray For Nigeria / Which Of God's Creatures Trips You Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.