Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,471 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? (1352 Views)

About The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question / What Do You Think Jesus Would Do In This Case? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
No wahala Sir you truly believe Jesus is the Messiah, just that Jesus' story is not found written in any other book except the Bible so you can't believe in Jesus without accepting him as the book (Bible) presented him Sir!

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, thank you o! cheesy

ThePlainTruth:

I believe JESUS is The Messiah.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by orunto27: 1:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
This high Priest was suffering from Dementia and wasn't as intelligent as Nicodemus.
Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
No wahala Sir you truly believe Jesus is the Messiah, just that Jesus' story is not found written in any other book except the Bible so you can't believe in Jesus without accepting him as the book (Bible) presented him Sir!

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, thank you o! cheesy

The Bible was not written by God but by men thousands of years ago when people had no choice but to accept whatever they were told as it was only the elite that could read and write then. Luke 1:1 Says "Therefore, having carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught."
For this same reason we too can do the same by researching to find out what does make sense from the Bible rather than just believing whatever we are told because we are told to just believe.

My response to your post before:
There is nothing in Luke 3:23-38 that proves that Mary was a descendant of David. Luke 3:23-38 only shows that Joseph and Mary are both descendants of Adam. Though I believe JESUS is The Messiah.

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
So you saying "The "offspring" mentioned aren't going to be Jesus' biological offsprings but spiritual." does not add up

"So according to the Bible book of Revelations Jesus got married to his spiritual bride (body) of 144,000 anointed (born again) Christians {Revelations 21:2} it's through this born again Christians that Jesus will have countless offsprings of obedient humans. "
too does not add up. So Isaiah 53:10 most be refering to Jesus' biological offsprings. If not then where was Jesus from 12 to 33?
Isaiah 53:10 Says: Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes his life an offering for sin, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

"Marriage and children were expected of a Jewish man, then and now. If he hadn’t been married, that would have caused consternation to his family, possible scandal in the community, and the New Testament certainly would have commented on it—if for no other reason than to explain and defend Jesus’ unusual behavior." Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/ancient-manuscript-proves-jesus-married-mary-magdalene-and-had-children-a6982836.html

MaxInDHouse:
Two of Jesus' disciples documented his lineage, Matthew from Abraham to Jesus {Matthew 1:1-16} and Luke from Jesus to Adam {Luke 3:23-38}

Luke's account of Jesus' birth was more detailed so he used the custom that Jews themselves often use to tell them that Jesus is the great grandson of King David through Mary who is also from the lineage of David, that's why Luke could say "as of the opinion" {Luke 3:23} because the Jews believe that a family can adopt their in-law as SON, therefore Joseph who married Mary has become the son of Mary's father!

MaxInDHouse:
It's because you never allow the true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) to TEACH you these sacred secrets as Jesus sent them to everyone. {Matthew 28:20} most of you assume that you can just pick up the Bible and got the understanding but God's word foretold that the wisdom to unravel these sacred secrets will only be given to a group, even prophet Daniel was denied that wisdom when he demanded for it! Daniel 12:8-13
The "offspring" mentioned aren't going to be Jesus' biological offsprings but spiritual.
According to God's word Adam is our ancestor so all of us (including Eve) are Adam's biological offspring, we've all inherited sin and death from our biological father that's why we need another father by reason of FAITH {1Corinthians 15:45} through faith in the sacrifice that the Messiah will offer with his perfect human life {Isaiah 53:10} many will be forgiven on the bases of Jesus' name that's why Isaiah referred to the promised Messiah saying "he will be called.... Everlasting Father" Isaiah 9:6

So according to the Bible book of Revelations Jesus got married to his spiritual bride (body) of 144,000 anointed (born again) Christians {Revelations 21:2} it's through this born again Christians that Jesus will have countless offsprings of obedient humans.
HOW?
They are the little flock spoken of by Jesus that has been granted the heavenly Kingdom {Luke 12:32} it's by their active preaching and teaching that countless numbers of obedient mankind will become the other Sheep {John 10:16} to inherit everlasting life on planet earth. That's why John first saw the 144,000 after which he saw the great crowd! Revelations 14:1, 6
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ORGANIZATION have the remnant of the 144,000 anointed Christians, they're the ones teaching us all these things because Jesus is working with them (in the spirit) of course they're not perfect so there are some things that Jesus did not give them info about but out of presumptuousness they try to figure out the times and seasons of certain things {Act 1:7} but if you carefully observe their achievement you'll be convinced that a wonderful counselor is working with this Organization!

Re: Why Did The High Priest Think Jesus Blasphemed? by oaroloye(m): 8:57am On Mar 12, 2021
SHALOM!

vybzkartel:

Mark 14:61-64

[61]But He kept silent and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?”

[62]Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.

[63]Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “What further need do we have of witnesses?
[64]You have heard the blasphemy! What do you think?” And they all condemned Him to be deserving of death.

Why did the High Priest consider Jesus' statement to be blasphemy?

Thank

NO OTHER CHRISTIAN ALIVE KNOWS THE SIMPLE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION, BUT ME.

. JOHN 5:16-20.

16. And therefore did the Jews
persecute Jesus,
and sought to slay him,
because he had
done these things
on The Sabbath Day.
17. But Jesus Answered them,

"My Father Worketh hitherto,
and I work."

18. Therefore the Jews
sought the more to kill him,
because he not only had
broken The Sabbath,
but said also that
God was his Father,
making himself equal with God.
19. Then Answered Jesus
and Said unto them,

"Verily, verily,
I Say unto you,

'THE SON CAN DO
NOTHING OF HIMSELF,
BUT WHAT HE SEETH
THE FATHER DO:
FOR WHAT THINGS
SOEVER HE DOETH,
THESE ALSO DOETH
THE SON LIKEWISE.'

20. "For The Father
loveth The Son,
and sheweth him all things
that Himself doeth:
and He will shew him
Greater Works than these,
that ye may marvel."

. JOHN 10:23-42.

23. And Jesus walked
in the Temple in Solomon's Porch.
24. Then came the Jews
round about him,
and said unto him,

"How long dost thou
make us to doubt?
If thou be The Christ,
tell us plainly."

25. Jesus Answered them,

"I Told you,
and ye believed not:
the Works that I do
in my Father's Name,
they bear witness of me.
26. "But ye believe not,
because ye are not of my sheep,
as I Said unto you.
27. "My sheep hear my Voice,
and I know them,
and they follow me:
28. "And I give unto them Eternal Life;
and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man
pluck them out of my hand.
29. "My Father,
Which gave (them) me,
is greater than all;
and no (man) is able
to pluck (them) out of
my Father's Hand.
30. "I and (my) Father are one."

31. Then the Jews
took up stones again
to stone him.
32. Jesus Answered them,

"Many Good Works
have I shewed you
from my Father;
for which of those Works
do ye stone me?"

33. The Jews answered him,
saying,

"For a Good Work
we stone thee not;
but for Blasphemy;
and because that thou,
being a Man,
makest thyself God."

34. Jesus Answered them,

"Is it not written in thy Law,

'I SAID,
"YE ARE GODS?" '

35. "If He called then gods,
unto whom The Word of God came,
and The Scripture cannot be broken;
36. "Say ye of him,
whom The Father hath Sanctified,
and sent into the World,

'THOU BLASPHEMEST;'

because I said,

'I AM THE SON OF GOD?'

37. "If I do not
The Works of my Father,
believe me not.
38. "But if I do,
though ye believe not me,
believe the Works:
that ye may know and believe,
that The Father (is) in me,
and I in Him."

39. Therefore they sought again
to take him:
but he escaped out of their hand.
40. And went away again
beyond Jordan into the place
where John at first baptized;
and there he abode.
41. And many resorted unto him,
and said,

"John did no miracle,
but all Things that John
spake of this man were True."

42. And many believed on him there.

. MARK 14:55-65.

55. And the Chief Priests
and all the Council
sought for witness against Jesus
to put him to Death;
and found none.
56. For many bare False Witness
against him,
but their witness
agreed not together.
57. And there arose certain,
and bare False Witness against him,
saying,
58. "We heard him say,

'I WILL DESTROY THIS TEMPLE
THAT IS MADE WITH HANDS,
AND WITHIN THREE DAYS,
I WILL BUILD ANOTHER
MADE WITHOUT HANDS.' "

59. But neither so
did their witness agree together.
60. And the High Priest
stood up in the midst,
and asked
Jesus, saying,

"Answerest thou nothing?
What is it which these
witness against thee?"

61. But he held his peace,
and answered nothing.

"Again the High Priest asked him,
and said unto him,

"Art thou the Christ,
The Son of the Blessed?"

62. And Jesus Said,

"I am:
and ye shall see
The Son of Man sitting
on The Right Hand of Power,
and coming in the Clouds of Heaven."

63. Then the High Priest
rent his clothes,
and saith,

"What need we any further witnesses?
64. "Ye have heard the Blasphemy:
what think ye?"

And they all condemned him
to be guilty of Death.
65. And some began to spit on him,
and to cover his face,
and to buffet him,
and to say unto him,

"Prophesy:"

and the servants did strike him
with the palms of their hands.

LORD YESHUA CLEARLY SAID THAT HE WAS THE SON OF GOD: HE NEVER SAID THAT HE WAS GOD.

So, why did the Y'sraelites LIE, and claim that he had claimed to be God.

None of you know the answer, because no OYINBO knows this Answer- and virtually everything other Christians know came from the Oyinbos.

. JOHN 19:1-9.

THEN Pilate therefore took Jesus,
and scourged (him).
2. And the soldiers platted
a crown of thorns,
and put (it) on his head,
and they put on him a purple robe,
3. And said,

"Hail, King of the Jews!"

and they smote him
with their hands.
4. Pilate therefore went forth again,
and saith unto them,

"Behold,
I bring him forth to you,
that ye may know that
I find no fault in him."

5. Then came Jesus forth,
wearing the crown of thorns,
and the purple robe.
And (Pilate) saith unto them,

"Behold the man!"

6. When the Chief Priests therefore
and officers saw him,
they cried out,
saying,

"Crucify (him), crucify (him)."

Pilate saith unto them,

"Take ye him, and crucify (him):
for I find no fault in him."

7. The Jews answered him,

"We have a law,
and by our law he ought to die,
because he made himself
The Son of God."

8. When Pilate therefore
heard that saying,
he was the more afraid;
9. And went again
into the judgment hall,
and saith unto Jesus,

"Whence art thou?"

But Jesus gave him no Answer.

UP UNTIL A FEW DECADES AGO, WHEN THE EVIDENCE BECAME UNDENIABLE, OYINBO PSYCHOLOGISTS FINALLY ADMITTED THAT ADULT INTELLIGENCE CAN BE INCREASED.

Before that, it was denied- even strenuously.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS KNOWLEDGE THAT CANNOT BE EXPLAINED.

There are complex and complicated topics not everyone can understand immediately. That merely means that more time must be spent in developing their intellect, so that they can understand that level of Knowledge.

It takes at least seven years to understand The Bible. Working more-or-less every day. Certain processes cannot be hurried.

It is impossible for anyone to be converted six years ago, and then say, they have gone through training courses, seminars, and services, and NOW they UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE.

What has really happened is that they have been INDOCTRINATED- and now understand THE DOCTRINE that they were taught- SOMEONE'S EXPLANATION OF THE BIBLE.

Usually, this explanation is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. That is the situation in the majority of Protestant Churches.

A relatively small number of FULL GOSPEL PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES are correct about several, even many things, and teach those things, more-or-less CORRECTLY- that is to say, FACTUALLY.

But those Christians DO NOT UNDERSTAND The Bible Teachings- they only understand the EXPLANATIONS they were given.

THEY HAVE BEEN VIRTUALLY IRREPARABLY DAMAGED, BY HAVING THE BIBLE EXPLAINED TO THEM.

. PROVERBS 3:5-7.

5. Trust in The LORD
with all thine heart;
and lean not unto
thine own understanding.
6. In all thy ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct thy paths.
7. Be not wise in thine own eyes:
fear The LORD,
and depart from Evil.

FALSE ORGANIZED CHRISTIANS ARE TAUGHT THAT THEY CANNOT HOPE TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE, THEMSELVES, BUT GOD HAS DESIGNATED SOME SPECIAL MESSENGER, MASTER, OR TEACHER TO EXPLAIN IT TO THEM.

They are taught that NOT LEANING UNTO THEIR OWN UNDERSTANDING, but unto that of the DESIGNATED LEADERS, is "TRUSTING IN THE LORD."

ONLY the Understanding gained by PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with GOD has lasting value.

The Understanding from HUMAN EXPLANATION is ULTIMATELY WORTHLESS.

The PROOF of this is when THE SOURCES of Christian Ministries DIE or BACKSLIDE, their FOLLOWERS usually cannot do ANYTHING.

They cannot INNOVATE Ministry, only REGURGITATE what their Former Master taught them.

In one case, a man was Healed by TUBERCULOSIS JOSHUA® who said that he had worked for BENSON IDAHOSA- the first Black Preacher I learned Faith from.

But whereas I had developed beyond what I learned from him- just a couple of Messages I heard 40 years ago- this man, who was one of his Pastors- LEARNED NOTHING but what he had been TAUGHT. Consistent with what the Lord disparagingly called "DEAD MEN'S BONES."

IF SOMEONE HAS TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO YOU, YOU WILL NEVER DEVELOP THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND BY YOURSELF.

This is how False Christianity Teachers are able to ENSLAVE even MILLIONS.

With NONE of them able to understand what is being done to them.

. MATTHEW 15:1-20.

THEN came to Jesus
scribes and Pharisees,
which were of Jerusalem,
saying,

2. "Why do thy Disciples
transgress the Tradition
of the Elders?
For they wash not
their hands when
they eat bread."

3. But he Answered
and Said unto them,

"Why do ye also transgress
The Commandment of God
by your Tradition?
4. "For God Commanded,
Saying,

'HONOUR THY FATHER
AND MOTHER:
AND, HE THAT CURSETH
FATHER OR MOTHER
LET HIM DIE THE DEATH.'

5. "But ye say,

'WHOSOEVER SHALL SAY
TO HIS FATHER OR MOTHER,

"IT IS A GIFT,
BY WHATSOEVER
THOU MIGHTEST BE
PROFITED BY ME;"

6. 'AND HONOUR NOT
HIS FATHER OR HIS MOTHER,
HE SHALL BE FREE.'

Thus have ye made
The Commandment of God
of none effect
by your Tradition.
7. "Ye Hypocrites,
well did Esaias
Prophesy of you,
saying,

8. 'THIS PEOPLE
DRAWETH NIGH UNTO ME
WITH THEIR MOUTH,
AND HONOURETH ME
WITH THEIR LIPS;
BUT THEIR HEART
IS FAR FROM ME.
9. 'BUT IN VAIN
THEY DO WORSHIP ME,
TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES
THE COMMANDMENTS
OF MEN.' "

10. And he Called the multitude,
and Said unto them,

"Hear, and understand:
11. "Not that which goeth
into the mouth defileth a man;
but that which cometh
out of the mouth,
this defileth a man."

12. Then came his Disciples,
and Said unto him,

"Knowest thou that
the Pharisees were offended,
after they heard this Saying?"

13. But he Answered and Said,

"Every plant,
which my Heavenly Father
hath not Planted,
shall be rooted up.
14. "Let them alone:
they be blind leaders
of the blind.
And if the blind lead the blind,
both shall fall into the ditch."

15. Then answered Peter
and said unto him,

"Declare unto us this Parable."

16. And Jesus Said,

"Are ye also yet
without understanding?
17. "Do not ye yet understand,
that whatsoever entereth in
at the mouth
goeth into the belly,
and is cast out
into the draught?
18. "But those things
which proceed
out of the mouth
come forth from the heart;
and they defile the man.
19. "For out of the heart
proceed Evil Thoughts,
Murders, Adulteries,
Fornications, Thefts,
False Witness, Blasphemies:
20. These are the things
which defile a man:
but to eat with
unwashen hands
defileth not a man."

THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES HAD INVENTED A LAW THAT SAID THAT CHILDREN WERE EQUALS WITH THEIR PARENTS, AND DID NOT HAVE TO OBEY THEM.

Therefore, they would have used THAT made-up Doctrine-of-Men to accuse Lord Yeshua of claiming to be equal with God, by claiming Him as his Father.

Their accusation was as a result of their own Sinfulness.

. DEUTERONOMY 12:32-13:5.

32. What thing soever
I Command you,
observe to do it:
thou shalt not add thereto,
nor diminish from it.
IF there arise among you a Prophet,
or a Dreamer of Dreams,
and giveth thee a Sign or a Wonder,
2. And the Sign or
the Wonder come to pass,
whereof he spake unto thee,
saying,

"LET US GO AFTER OTHER GODS,
WHICH THOU HAST NOT KNOWN,
AND LET US SERVE THEM;"

3. Thou shalt not hearken unto
The Words of that Prophet,
or that Dreamer of Dreams:
for The LORD your God proveth you,
to know whether ye love
The LORD your God
with all your heart
and with all your soul.
4. Ye shall walk after
The LORD your God,
and fear Him,
and keep His Commandments,
and obey His Voice,
and ye shall serve Him,
and cleave unto Him.
5. And that prophet,
or that Dreamer of Dreams,
shall be put to death;
because he hath spoken
to turn you away
from The LORD your God,
Which brought you
out of the Land of Egypt,
and Redeemed you
out of the House of Bondage,
to thrust thee out of The Way
which The LORD thy God
Commanded thee to walk in.

THEIR HYPOCRISY LAY IN THAT THEY COULD KILL SOMEONE FOR BEING THE SON OF GOD- BUT DID NOTHING TO THOSE WHO CONTRADICTES THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Favourite Pastors And Why / Quran The Vase He Did Not Understand / You Mistakenly Married A Goddess/mammy Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.