Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861226 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
Sirkenny44:

Thanks but I didn't see any validate button on the form

Hi, i dont think the FAMILY FORM IMM5645 has that instruction to validate like the other forms which you would have filled. You can just date the form and save on your system with a file name you can remember and upload on family section on your GC account. But for those other forms that has the validation button, it is compulsory to validate those. You will still have to sign stating your full name in capital letters at the point of submission and payment for your application.

I wish you success.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
Kunja2:
can you give an example of schools that don't require such? Cos most of the school's I'm seeing request that Proof of English
It's a norm to see Canadian schools asking for Proof of English

Like my initial Post said,

As Regards English Test Requirement for admission you see on school websites, if you are a NIGERIAN, you are exempted

So you know a Proof of English is not needed for admission (as a NIGERIAN), but if you feel or insist you want to have the PROOF of English, you can get an English Test Waiver/Exemption letter from the school u graduated from i.e
LETTER OF CONFIRMATION OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE. That letter would serve as your Proof of English.

You can get the letter from your school Senate (Exam & Records, Registrar)

See this,

Sample letter to request for IELTS (English Language) Exemption Letter from the school you graduated from
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/30#89406467
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dave1860: 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2021
Please can someone help advise on how to send my passport to VFS in Lagos.. I did my biometrics here in Lagos. Can I use a two way courier or one way then I pay 12000 naira to get it back from VFS. I really don't understand the whole procedure for Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2021
Please y’all if you know any school that takes 2.2 biochemistry for MSc, please let me know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
Kunja2:
can you give an example of schools that don't require such? Cos most of the school's I'm seeing request that Proof of English
If you read or check properly you will the list of exempted countries, Nigeria is among them. Check very well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
Philadelphia:

For the NSE route, is $30,000 CAD sufficient proof of funds for a self-sponsored student going for a 2 year program with 1 year tuition at $25,000 CAD and 1 year living expense at $11,000. CAD?
It’s kinda confusing.

For the NSE route, you're expected to show AT LEAST $30,000 CAD. I believe you added a SOA to your application when you submitted, and according to your tuition and LE, you're supposed to show some good amount money, say at least $40,000 CAD.

If this SOA($40,000 CAD+) is still the same you want to use for the NSE requirement, then it's fine.
Actually it's advised you use this same SOA.

I hope I answered you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
adeniyi3971:
Please y’all if you know any school that takes 2.2 biochemistry for MSc, please let me know

I’m still anticipating
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2021
Dave1860:
Please can someone help advise on how to send my passport to VFS in Lagos.. I did my biometrics here in Lagos. Can I use a two way courier or one way then I pay 12000 naira to get it back from VFS. I really don't understand the whole procedure for Lagos.

Make your passport no sleep for VFS Lagos o shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/642#96722431

The link above contains information on how to send your to VFS.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kunja2: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2021
mcobex:
If you read or check properly you will the list of exempted countries, Nigeria is among them. Check very well
for which schools?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by femredhead: 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2021
Like University of Alberta, University of Saskatchewan and some others.

Check the website of your chosen University very well.

Kunja2:
for which schools?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 7:45pm On Jan 16, 2021
does ircc work on Saturday?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2021
Kunja2:
for which schools?
Which schools have you checked so far?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2021
Debbyiiii:
does ircc work on Saturday?

Maybe.
But if you're expecting a Miracle between today and tomorrow, then YES! cool

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2021
Congrats bro, more good news to come and I tap into your testimony. I'll share my own good news too in a bit oh. Lectures starts fully on Monday 18th, IRCC has got to send my PPR biko.

It will end in praise for us all...

Dave1860:
What God can't do doesn't exist... I just joined this forum two weeks back and with all the encouragement and knowledge I gathered from here, I am grateful to everyone one. I did my application by myself and placed everything to God in prayer trusting He never fails. HE DIDNT FAIL ME grin.
See below image of my TL.. I just got my ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST this early morning.
Thanks alot guys for the knowledge shared on this platform.. looking forward to learning more from everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 8:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
Okay, so you had AIP before? Please confirm.

Dave1860:

I resumed September last year. Graduate studies at the university of Alberta
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2021
TeeMade:
Okay, so you had AIP before? Please confirm.

No. He started studying online before he applied for study permit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 8:48pm On Jan 16, 2021
Lol @deommanuel, I think say na only me process this thought. Lagos VFS can delay passport oh, except you're not in a hurry though.

deommanuel:

Make your passport no sleep for VFS Lagos o shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/642#96722431

The link above contains information on how to send your to VFS.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2021
deommanuel:

For the NSE route, you're expected to show AT LEAST $30,000 CAD. I believe you added a SOA to your application when you submitted, and according to your tuition and LE, you're supposed to show some good amount money, say at least $40,000 CAD.

If this SOA($40,000 CAD+) is still the same you want to use for the NSE requirement, then it's fine.
Actually it's advised you use this same SOA.

I hope I answered you?

Yes you have.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wisedove(m): 10:37pm On Jan 16, 2021
Hello house, a friend of mine applied for The University of British Columbia now she is required to write "Written Report on BMS(Bachelor of Media Studies)".
Honestly we don't know how to go about it nor write it.
Please I will be glad if anyone in here can help out with it even if it's going to be for a fee.
The link below is the details of how to go about it
https://mediastudies.arts.ubc.ca/undergraduate/admissions/

18th(Monday) of January is the deadline please help a brother
Here is my contact info 08137863008

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sirkenny44: 10:49pm On Jan 16, 2021
Thanks please I have one more question...among the forms we are to submit online is there anything like document checklist there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 11:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
Wisedove:
Hello house, a friend of mine applied for The University of British Columbia now she is required to write "Written Report on BMS(Bachelor of Media Studies)".
Honestly we don't know how to go about it nor write it.
Please I will be glad if anyone in here can help out with it even if it's going to be for a fee.
The link below is the details of how to go about it
https://mediastudies.arts.ubc.ca/undergraduate/admissions/

15th of January is the deadline please help a brother
Here is my contact info 08137863008
chief today is 16th o..hope it hasn't passed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Damidolly: 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
Good morning,

My sponsor is not related to me but has up to 30m in her acc, is her bank statement and reference letter enough to convince VO that she will sponsor me.

Also, can I continue processing EE/PNP with student Visa. Hope I won't be disqualify if I'm processing the 2 at a time

Is IELTS for NSE general or academic or it could be both??

Please help oooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
adeniyi3971:

None is available. Your best bet is a PGD in Biotechnology at Centennial College.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:48pm On Jan 16, 2021
Sirkenny44:
Thanks please I have one more question...among the forms we are to submit online is there anything like document checklist there?

The document checklist will be generated after answering all the online questionnaire. There is no separate document for it.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 11:49pm On Jan 16, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

None is available. Your best bet is a PGD in Biotechnology at Centennial College.

It will end in praise
Dear Frank
Please I need to reach u. My email prettyjreal@gmail.com. thanks for the swift response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
Damidolly:
Good morning,

My sponsor is not related to me but has up to 30m in her acc, is her bank statement and reference letter enough to convince VO that she will sponsor me.

Also, can I continue processing EE/PNP with student Visa. Hope I won't be disqualify if I'm processing the 2 at a time

Is IELTS for NSE general or academic or it could be both??

Please help oooo.

You have to provide documents to demonstrate that you've a connection with your sponsor. It can be either through payment of your first year tuition or pictures you took with your sponsor in the past.

You can process both applications (PR and study permit) at the same. As stated on IRCC website, its legitimate to have dual intent.

IELTS general option is acceptable for the NSE program..

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:53pm On Jan 16, 2021
MsJanez01:

Dear Frank
Please I need to reach u. My email prettyjreal@gmail.com. thanks for the swift response

I'll can confirm the receipt of your email. I'll respond soon. In the meantime, I'll appreciate it if you can ask me your questions on this platform, so others can learn from it.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
Anamekele:

Frank God bless you. You are a good man. Thank you

Amen Brother!. Thanks for the best wishes and compliment. I greatly appreciate it.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Papapa1234: 11:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
pls , I just sent you a mail.. I will be glad if you respond.. Thank you
Frankrobbn1:

I'll can confirm the receipt of your email. I'll respond soon. In the meantime, I'll appreciate it if you can ask me your questions on this platform, so others can learn from it.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 11:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

Its not a question per say. Lets say a guide.. lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2021
MsJanez01:

Its not a question per say. Lets say a guide.. lol

Okay Ma. I'll be in touch. Thank you for your patience.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Otatom(m): 12:03am On Jan 17, 2021
Please y’all if you know any school that takes 2.2 ARCHITECTURE for MSc, please let me know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.