Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160342 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2020
feclela:
Oh man, thanks a bunch.

For clarity: if a Proficiency letter is directed to a school in canada, how can I use it for another school cos it will carry the address of the school I am applying to just like attached.

Mine wasn't address to any school. I don't think it has to be address to a particular school. After my school's letterhead, it was titled English Proficiency Letter, they didn't include any school's address.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Makitoperor: 11:55am On Dec 04, 2020
It will end in praise[/quote]
Chukwubuikexo:
There is the option of deferring your admission to a later date

Pls can you explain more on how that works so that can get a better understanding
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 04, 2020
HorlarJP:

Just spoke with my agent because i got NSE request this midnight and she said eligibility review has started on my application and if I go through the NSE route that I have around 90% rate of my application getting approved! That it is very more better than the normal processing where the approval rate might seem below 50%

I have tried to communicate similar thing here but some say I am spreading fear. From SDS experience the approval rate is 80% while normal processing is 40%.

Note also that the approval rate in Nigeria for regular process last year was 19%

The choice is yours.

Wish you success

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:57am On Dec 04, 2020
1oak:
Congratulations to everyone who has successfully gotten their study permit approved. I’m a late September applicant and got refused yesterday. All appropriate documents submitted, two pages sop which I believe was solid enough, 26 years old, applied for another Bsc, I have a a first degree in tourism management which I never used for work, I’m fully into business now, and I applied for a Bsc in Business administration, I showed all my business documents and sponsors documents. I am willing to reapply again and possibly defer my admission till Spring 2021, please how soon should I reapply. Also I already passed Medicals for this current application will I need to do another Medicals I wish to get the study permit on my second trial . Thank you.

Hello 1oak,

Don't defer but change your program to a PGD/C or a Post Baccalaureate program. Then request for your GCMS Notes. BTW, you don't need to re-do medicals.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olaa123: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2020
Anon123:

Yes

$238cad
Thank you so much. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toceenay(m): 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Really shocked

It is free in most skools

e.g FUTA (Ondo State) , IMSU (IMO State) etc.
Ondo State university in Akungba collected 3k and they said you must indicate the school you intend to use it, if you apply to more than one school then 3k each.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mozidat2301: 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
feclela:
Good morning house,

I'm going to get Recommendation Letter and Letter of English Proficiency from my school today.

1. Please is there anyone with sample of the above documents so I can show them what I need ?
2. Do I need to address it to the school or otherwise (I'm planning of applying to 2 or more schools).

pls if one wants to opt for this new, is it necessary to do the English proficiency?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2020
Anon123:

Can you ask your agent source of his assumption at least people here can research cos NSE is brand new to me and all this posts of 90% assurance of an approval is questionable o.

10% chance of denial is attributed to what then?

Make we take am easy o cos if somebody goes through the NSE and still gets denied, they will say its you guys.

When they say 90% or even 99%, it means you can still be denied, nobody is saying 100% but that it improves your chances.

We sometimes attached many documents to our applications even the ones that are not requested, because we want to improve our chances of approval, why can't we make the effort to get the one that is specifically requested.

The choice lies with the applicant

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Makitoperor: 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2020
Insanity:

Defer your admission till summer or fall 2021.

Should I just defer The admission or I should also Send in the new admission letter into my visa application when I get??
And can I be rejected cause for the admission letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mmesomamichael:

When did you get a collection mail from VFS?
Monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2020
Toceenay:

Ondo State university in Akungba collected 3k and they said you must indicate the school you intend to use it, if you apply to more than one school then 3k each.
Chimo

That's Very Pathetic

KILODE !!

Nigerian Universities are jz in the habit of cashing out at every giving opportunity

NAIJA I HAIL THEE undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2020
KRTL:
I intend to start my application in January for sept 2021..
Do you think I should write the IELTS just Incase I might need it?
If someone doesn’t pass I hope IRCC won’t know ?
Ignore my yeye question pls
I just wanna do the best I can to get this visa cheesy

Hello KRTL,

You can write it as many times possible without any implication. IRCC only verifies the TRF you submitted alongside your application.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2020
Makitoperor:

Should I just defer The admission or I should also Send in the new admission letter into my visa application when I get??
And can I be rejected cause for the admission letter

You won't be rejected because of your admission letter. We've got people here with their visa already and they're going in Fall 2021 session. Deferring the admission gives you time to relax and wait for your application decision. When you defer and receive a new acceptance letter, you should raise a webform and attach the new letter to it.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2020
Is this the mail that says VFS has gotten it from IRCC or that VFS has given it to UPS?
Dame24:

Monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
Obanidavid:
To the glory of God, my passport have been delivered today.

Therefore, I would like to knows if we need to obtain a yellow card before leaving Nigeria to Canada?

Not required
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by VivaNG: 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2020
Heard from a consultant recognized by IRCC that they are using IELTS as basis to improve applicant's visa approval.

There's an understanding that Nigerians do not need IELTS at least for schooling or study permit. Unlike other countries like India or China, but seems to increase approval rate.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by primastylish: 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hi everyone, I intend to start the application process for a student visa, I will be needing all important tips and information. I plan to do my masters in law, I am 26 years old and I have a LLB degree (2nd class lower with CGPA 3.2) what are the options available to me? And any recommended schools?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by VivaNG: 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello 1oak,

Don't defer but change your program to a PGD/C or a Post Baccalaureate program. Then request for your GCMS Notes. BTW, you don't need to re-do medicals.

All the best

You can use canadagcmsnote.com to request GCMS note they serve individuals directly from Nigeria.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2020
Salmahhhh:
Good morning wonderful people!

Please, what vfs address would one dhl a passport to. And what other document would be submitted asides the passport?

Thank you in advance.
Hi Honorable,

Its either you submit ur Passport & req. docs to ABUJA or LAGOS VFS, the choice is yours

How to Send your Passport and Other required Documents to Abuja VFS
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/634#96691131

How to Send your Passport & other required documents to VFS LAGOS (DHL Lagos to VFS Lagos Scenerio)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/492#95759563

Note
Am sure u can see the complaints about LAGOS VFS so far, so in your best interest, Send yours to ABUJA VFS

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2020
Kimkalash:
Is this the mail that says VFS has gotten it from IRCC or that VFS has given it to UPS?
Gotten from IRCC and ready for collection
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by deepwater(f): 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2020
Time2soar:

NSE is similar to the SDS so you can reference its impact from that

For those interested

In 2019, Indian students processed through SDS were roughly twice as likely to be approved (80.4%) as students processed through the regular stream (40.7%).

You obviously have more facts to your opinion than the person querying the opinion.

IMO...let it slide, let each man choose for himself
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Good evening honorables

I want to ask a question,

Can one use an HND Statement of Result to apply for Admission in a College ?

In this context,
I got a friend who wants to apply to Conestoga College, she only has her STATEMENT OF RESULT , No transcript yet

Can she go ahead ?

Hello Lekiboboe,

Has she confirmed if Conestoga accepts HND into their PGD programs? Not all colleges accepts HND.

To your question, SOR is acceptable. However, the best way to find out in regards to the Transcript is to contact the DLI directly.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by deepwater(f): 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
Anon123:

Can you ask your agent source of his assumption at least people here can research cos NSE is brand new to me and all this posts of 90% assurance of an approval is questionable o.

10% chance of denial is attributed to what then?

Make we take am easy o cos if somebody goes through the NSE and still gets denied, they will say its you guys.

NSE is akin to SDS
Indians been enjoying that sh*t long before now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 12:37pm On Dec 04, 2020
Time2soar:

I have tried to communicate similar thing here but some say I am spreading fear. From SDS experience the approval rate is 80% while normal processing is 40%.

Note also that the approval rate in Nigeria for regular process last year was 19%

The choice is yours.

Wish you success

Yeah bro i understand and Indians have been enjoying this SDS shit for a while ....
but my mom is my sponsor and she is using first bank and heard on this forum that first bank doesn’t support mybankstatement or so... Geez what should I do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Lekiboboe,

Has she confirmed if Conestoga accepts HND into their PGD programs? Not all colleges accepts HND.

To your question, SOR is acceptable. However, the best way to find out in regards to the Transcript is to contact the DLI directly.

Cheers!
Yes they do accept HND from Nigeria. Conestoga College recognises HND even without evaluation,I am sure of Distinction, Upper Credit and Lower Credit but I am not sure of "Pass" to secure admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Makitoperor: 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
Insanity:

You won't be rejected because of your admission letter. We've got people here with their visa already and they're going in Fall 2021 session. Deferring the admission gives you time to relax and wait for your application decision. When you defer and receive a new acceptance letter, you should raise a webform and attach the new letter to it.

Goodluck!

Okay...thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2020
buzzme:
I am also going through the same thing. I am applying for my sister in Humber and she only have her Statement of result. What I decided to to, was to create a WES account for her and sent her transcripts and certification to them... So that when the soft copy comes out, we can use it and apply. I stand to be corrected although.

Hello Buzzme,

Its of no use evaluating academic qualifications for application to Colleges except there is a second intent for it and/or if the resources is available.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2020
kesiana:
Hello everyone . Pls I need your help . I have gotten my admission and paid my tuition for university of regina. I submitted my app on sept 5 and got a denial a week after . Based on 3 counts :1- he isn’t satisfied I will return based on my purpose of visit .
2: he wasn’t satisfied I will return based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence .
3: he wasn’t satisfied I will leave based on personal assets and financial status.
I was made aware I made some mistakes in my first app cause I used myself as sponsor and I am an enterpreneur . I’m presently planning to reapply, this time using my mom as my sponsor. Is there anything I strongly need to add as have been seeing tax clearance and pls keep in mind am an entrepreneur , no employer. I still understand number 3 but I’m confused to reason 1 & 2. Pls I will appreciate any form of help as am new to the forum . Thank you so much

One more thing . I googled how to get a detailed gcms notes , it’s saying you have to be a Canadian citizen , dunno how true or if there’s another way .
Thank you

Hello Kesiana,

There isn't sufficient information about your (application) profile. Your GCMS notes will help people give you the necessary advice.

Before the notes arrives, drop your application timeline so to get suggestions from people here.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2020
primastylish:
Hi everyone, I intend to start the application process for a student visa, I will be needing all important tips and information. I plan to do my masters in law, I am 26 years old and I have a LLB degree (2nd class lower with CGPA 3.2) what are the options available to me? And any recommended schools?

PGD in programs related to your bsc or work experience in COLLEGES.

Conestoga college
Humber college
Centinnial college
Etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2020
deepwater:

You obviously have more facts to your opinion than the person querying the opinion.

IMO...let it slide, let each man choose for himself

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Good evening honorables

I want to ask a question,

Can one use an HND Statement of Result to apply for Admission in a College ?

In this context,
I got a friend who wants to apply to Conestoga College, she only has her STATEMENT OF RESULT , No transcript yet

Can she go ahead ?

They accept HNDs for PGDs 100%. For transcript, its vital o.. They will request for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 04, 2020
HorlarJP:

Yeah bro i understand and Indians have been enjoying this SDS shit for a while ....
but my mom is my sponsor and she is using first bank and heard on this forum that first bank doesn’t support mybankstatement or so... Geez what should I do

Still send one year bank statement and ielts, mybankstatement removes the need for IRCC to verify the statement but a one year statement is still required with the required money even if you can't get mybankstatement

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75