Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862496 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hurllarh: 7:53pm On Feb 27, 2021
milez7:

Lol. Absolutely nothing to panic bouh. I've seen cases where it took dem over a month to send a confirmation email
Oh Ok. Thanks you smiley
I’ll keep calling them tho. I don’t want my passport to take a month with them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dolex86: 8:15pm On Feb 27, 2021
Hello Ketima,
Which school are you applying to?
Ketima:
Chai gurus,

I know you all are busy, but please i really need help to review my SOP. About to start application and don't want to submit SOP that isn't reviewed. Pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2021
H
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 8:36pm On Feb 27, 2021
Pls guys I need help this was what my agent sent to me saying that I'm banned from Canada and based of what am seeing that's not what the letter says, so pls can some one go through it and explain what they mean, am I welcomed to reapplying?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 8:48pm On Feb 27, 2021
[quote author=Krissy01 post=99469370][/quote]from my understanding, after reading this you've been banned for 5 years and you're allowed to apply after 5 years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2021
[quote author=Krissy01 post=99469370][/quote]for the second image. Your mothers name doesn't correspond with the bank statement and affidavit you submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 8:56pm On Feb 27, 2021
Krissy01:
Pls guys I need help this was what my agent sent to me saying that I'm banned from Canada and based of what am seeing that's not what the letter says, so pls can some one go through it and explain what they mean, am I welcomed to reapplying?

First of all, please try and take down the letters and blot out your personal details. This is a public platform and you should not release your information anyhow to be on the safe side.

Secondly, they have pointed out two things: the name of your mum on your application is different from the name you quoted as mum in the sworn affidavit.

Two different people can not be your mum at the same time.

If it is true, then this is a clear case of misrepresentation and they DO NOT take such likely.

It has been stated that if you can clearly explain the reason behind the discrepancies, then apply and explain and see what happens.

This is a serious case and you should thread with utmost caution.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Joyousgem: 8:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
Krissy01:

I'm sorry but your agent is right, you have been banned for 5years. The first correspondence dated October 2020 was an initial warning that should misrepresentation be found, you would be banned. The letter dated February 2021 is a confirmation of it, letting you know they have completed their findings and you have been banned for the reason stated in the letter.

Please, find a way to remove or blur your name in the picture above, it should be confidential information.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 8:58pm On Feb 27, 2021
Rootiab:
from my understanding, after reading this you've been banned for 5 years and you're allowed to apply after 5 years.
But the thing is that my agent was the one who made the mistake and I know my mistake now and I have the right documents. So what your saying is that it's not possible to reapply even tho it was clearly stated that am welcomed to re apply if I feel that they've made a mistake? Which I feel they did, I mean I can prove myself not guilt or am I just trying to fit it to my own narrative? Am open to other people's opinion BTW
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
Joyousgem:

I'm sorry but your agent is right, you have been banned for 5years. The first correspondence dated October 2020 was an initial warning that should misrepresentation be found, you would be banned. The letter dated February 2021 is a confirmation of it, letting you know they have completed their findings and you have been banned for the reason stated in the letter.

Please, find a way to remove or blur your name in the picture above, it should be confidential information.

All the best
ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yteem:

First of all, please try and take down the letters and blot out your personal details. This is a public platform and you should not release your information anyhow to be on the safe side.

Secondly, they have pointed out two things: the name of your mum on your application is different from the name you quoted as mum in the sworn affidavit.

If it is true, then this is a clear case of misrepresentation and they DO NOT take such likely.

It has been stated that if you can clearly explain the reason behind the discrepancies, then apply and explain and see what happens.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2021
Skilad54:
Hello Guys.... Anyone traveling last week in March who needs a travel buddy should kindly send me a mail. Destination is Toronto(Ontario).

Some of us that will just come here to make enquiries/ask questions and disappear without dropping any info, is it good? If our predecessors did same, I guess this thread won't be where/what it is today. Share your timeline bro/sis to encourage others.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ronkuns: 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2021
This is the problem with all these agents.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 9:11pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yteem:

You just took the words from my mouth, enough said already. @ Krissy01 Please take down this post before someone quotes you/it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by femredhead: 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2021
Krissy01:
But the thing is that my agent was the one who made the mistake and I know my mistake now and I have the right documents. So what your saying is that it's not possible to reapply even tho it was clearly stated that am welcomed to re apply if I feel that they've made a mistake? Which I feel they did, I mean I can prove myself not guilt or am I just trying to fit it to my own narrative? Am open to other people's opinion BTW

The reason this thread was created is to learn and do the process without using agent.
Your agent has caused you 5years ban if not life ban for misrepresentation !!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tigretech: 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2021
Please I got a mail from DHL that my passport will arrive on Wednesday that’s 3rd but I have not got the Counterfoil update and LOI...

Is anything wrong?
awys:

You get the both of them in your GCKEY. The LOI will be titled Correspondence Letter and you will get an email that you have something in your account but the counterfoil you won't get update in your email it will be updated in your GCKEY
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 27, 2021
No need to berate her, not all agents are bad. What’s done is done and she’s asking for help now.

femredhead:

The reason this thread was created is to learn and do the process without using agent.
Your agent has caused you 5years ban if not life ban for misrepresentation !!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
Hey b. So sorry. Just like Joyousgem said, it does look like you’ve been banned, and like you said, it is probably your agent’s fault which is unfortunate, but your best option right now might be to get an immigration lawyer.

Please wait for gurus to respond as this is just my personal opinion.

Krissy01:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2021
Krissy01:

Omg... your agent made a very terrible mistake. So sorry about that
I think you should reapply proving to them that it was a mistake. They boldly stated you can reapply so reapply.

It will end in praise. Do not be bothered okay, it is just a matter of time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2021
Krissy01:
oh i forgot to blur that how do i remove that? so basically what your saying is that if I reapply with prove that it's me I have a chance of getting my visa?

Not what I am saying. The letter says you are welcome to reapply if you think you can speak clearly to the matter of misrepresentation that has been leveled against you.

It is solely their discretion to grant visa or to refuse visa. The task of convincing them I can say is not a small one but if you feel up to it and you have solid evidence why not.

Your evidence has to be tight and solid.

Think through it and take the necessary steps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 9:45pm On Feb 27, 2021
Good evening everyone.
Honestly my advice to everyone here. Dont use agent, I know how terrible this agents are, the goods one are hard to find. If you apply on your own you'd be curious and you'd also know when you have an ema and you'd take it very serious. Agents won't take your application seriously as you'd take it. So better run from any so called agents.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EverGrateful: 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I need help with the IMM1294 application form. My tuition is CAD29,505. What should fill under the following headings

1) Room & Board- CAD?
2) others-CAD?

3) How much is available for my stay? Should this be CAD$10,000? OR CAD29,505 + CAD10,000 i.e CAD39,505?

Kindly assist to clarify this.
Thank you everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Joyousgem: 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2021
Krissy01:

If you can prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was an honest mistake, then you should to reapply atleast to clear your name. The ban will also affect you in applications to US, UK, Australia and New Zealand, as they all share information. Misrepresentation damaged your credibility.

Also, if you did not state that you used an agent in your initial application, in the relevant section, it'll be difficult to pin the blame on the agent.

I sincerely hope you get it resolved and all the best in your next application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rani001: 10:21pm On Feb 27, 2021
Goodevening nairalanders
Please what document can I use to explain huge deposit of let say 3-5million from sales of land as I'm using my mum as sponsor and is it compulsory to back it up with my dad's landed property since I'm using mom as main sponsor?
And if uncle is another state how can I get the letter of sponsorship,? Is it advisable for him to get it done in his state(abj) scan and send to me alongside his bank statement and properties ?
Plus can someone please share their link for requirements for study permit
@awys
@lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onweke: 11:12pm On Feb 27, 2021
Krissy01:
oh i forgot to blur that how do i remove that? so basically what your saying is that if I reapply with prove that it's me I have a chance of getting my visa?

Yeah Yteem was right. Don't mind the people telling you that you are banned. If you can explain the anomaly as regards the name of your mother on application and Sworn affidavit then you are good to go . You have to reapply and address the issue accordingly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Testimonytime: 11:25pm On Feb 27, 2021
Onweke:

Yeah Yteem was right. Don't mind the people telling you that you are banned. If you can explain the anomaly as regards the name of your mother on application and Sworn affidavit then you are good to go . You have to reapply and address the issue accordingly.

You took the words right out of my mouth. The best thing is to reapply and clear the doubt but you need to be able to proof beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Komeoby: 11:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
Hello everyone,
This is for a friend

She wants to pay her tuition so that she can use it for her application. Her brother wants to pay the tuition for her but her mom is her sponsor for her application.

Will this affect her application as it would be seen that the tuition is not paid by her mom from the bank statement submitted?

Can her brother pay her tuition even though her mom is her sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by glam12: 11:36pm On Feb 27, 2021
Finally got my Passport back after about 4 weeks...
Timeline:
PPR: - 27th January,2020
Passport submission @VFS Abuja: - 28th January,2020
Passport return & LOI :- 25th February, 2020

I feel so relieved.
Mine was a tough wait. I hope nobody else has to wait that long.
The feeling of having the study permit is so surreal. Definitely worth the wait.

Good luck to everyone that is on this journey. Remember, What God cannot do does not exist!

glam12:

Me too o. I even submitted before you on 27th January. Please let’s connect to follow up on each other on further plans. I will send you an email

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by glam12: 11:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
Finally got my Passport back after about 4 weeks...
Timeline:
PPR: - 27th January,2020
Passport submission @VFS Abuja: - 28th January,2020
Passport return & LOI :- 25th February, 2020

I feel so relieved.
Mine was a tough wait. I hope nobody else has to wait that long.
The feeling of having the study permit is so surreal. Definitely worth the wait.

Good luck to everyone that is on this journey. Remember, What God cannot do does not exist!

quote author=glam12 post=98661562]THE LONGEST WAIT OF MY LIFE!
It can only be God!

Thanks to all the gurus! (I’m sorry, I can’t seem to remember their handles now)

I have been a silent member of this platform, but I must confess that I have benefited a lot; that is why my conscience have not allowed me to rest without coming back to share for the benefit of others, just like I was also blessed by others.
So, Permit me to share my testimony to inspire or boost someone’s hope.

• I started this journey in 2019, I started by doing a lot of research (Nairaland, etc.), university portals, websites, and all that
• Jan 2020 I travelled to my Nig uni to collect a student copy of my transcript and started applying for admission in Canada

Educational Qualifications and experience are as follows:
- B.Sc business Administration - 2004
- MBA (Human Resources) - 2014
- Total 15 years post graduate experience
- Recent experience: 5 years procurement role
- Preferred course of study - pgd Human Resources
- Canada institution - university of Winnipeg (fall - sept2020 intake)
- Conditional Acceptance letter - April 2020
• Visa application timeline:
Online Application submitted - June 14, 2020
• Documents: -
I created 7 folders and scanned all these documents into them:
Folder 1 - Study permit form (IMM ...)
Folder 2 - Data page; photocopy of previous visas. (Canada visitor visa 2019, Dubai 2015, China business tourist visa 2013) Note: all these visas were expired at the time of application
Folder 3- Letter of acceptance; Receipt of payment for school fees; MBA transcript; B.Sc transcript; A WELL WRITTEN SOP (notarized); CV; All educational certificates;
Folder 4- Financial support documents (Reference letter from bank; Bank statement for 4 months (Bal - about 10m); bank e-statement for 6 months; pay-slip, employment letter, study leave letter (note:I wrote and signed ball these office letters by myself even though I used valid contact phone no and informed my colleague); sigma pension reference letter; Narration of income letter; property offer letter (worth 30m but not fully paid for, included my receipt worth 8m); change of name documents; notarized convent letter from spouse; Narration of income letter ( as at middle March 2020 I maintained a balance of about 4m (inflow of about 20m within 3 months) then I lodged in the additional 4-6m within March to June when I submitted my application ( I tagged each payment with a narration - e.g, sale of car, sale of land, etc. )
Folder 5 - Digital passport
Folder 6 - Pre- medical (IOM); police certificate; biometric certificate (remember I had been issued a Canada visitor visa last year)
Folder 7: Family information form (IMM .....)

I would also like to state that I opted to use an agent, this is because I didn’t want my usual procrastination to delay me. I wanted someone to put me on my toes, but that even proved wrong as she was so relaxed, all he did was gave me a list of documents as seen above; I filled the forms myself, did all the paperwork myself; even SOP was written by self; after I sent the documents I was even the one putting pressure and asking... Have you submitted? Have you submitted?
Fast forward to...
AIP - August 5, 2020
Online classes - August 2020

The legendary wait started, Anxiety mixed with full time online school, full time job, etc. ‘mBe patient, No update!’’ was the only response I always get from the agent no matter the long message I type...lol it was frustrating not been able to access your application by yourself sha. The agent was also physically and worse still emotionally unavailable for me... lol
I am not discrediting any agent but personally I can say that I didn’t see the need for me to. All the agent did was to give me a list, which I had already gathered from my research here, and the IRCC website. So it’s safe to say that I paid for a list of documents, and for someone to just submit my application (waste of money I think); But work with your conviction and depending on your case too.
January 3 2021 - submitted a webform, no response till now
January 17 2021 - I requested for GCMS via getgcmsonline.com, no response on that as well till now
January 27,2021 - PPR
Submitted passport @ DHL with printer PPR letter and biometric certificate on January 28, 2021.

Canada PR/citizenship dream loading! All glory to God!

Last advice to anyone on this journey: (1) Have a trailer load of patience! (2) please spend time researching, read!read!read! Please! I’m not saying don’t ask questions or seek guidance but please make sure it is very reasonable please!

Please I am going to put this out there in advance, I might not be available to answer questions on this as I am very very busy and that is why I am doing a very detailed post.

I decree my testimony in anyone waiting on this line of miracle! It will end in praise!

Additional timeline
• Sponsor – Self (married but single applicant)
• Age – 35
• Application type - online
Also, Visa denials to UK and USA previously (I scanned this refusal letters to the agent, I don’t know if she included them)[/quote]

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by boluslim: 12:51am On Feb 28, 2021
Good evening everyone, this is my second time posting and I have been reading comments. Please I'm yet to understand how this works, I want to apply for MSC in any agric course as my background is agriculture and I graduated with 2:1, please I need someone to put me through on how to get started, I don't know anything at all.
I also don't know how to reply back, please indicate how I can do that. Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnchan2: 1:47am On Feb 28, 2021
Hello,

Good Morning everyone,
I applied for study permit on the 3rd of November, 2020 and got a rejection letter on the 17th of January, 2021.
The reasons for rejection were:
• I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on: purpose of visit
• I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on: personal assets and financial status and
• your proposed study is not reasonable

I further requested for the GCMS Notes and recently got a reply and it says:
1. lump sum deposit, it is unclear whether funds represented will be available for students study
2. student have not demonstrated that they are established in home country
3. applicants family is not established in country of residence
4. motivation to study in Canada does not seem reasonable at this point; study plan submitted is general and does not outline clear career path or goal

SOME NOTED DETAILS
+ i started my bachelors degree in my home country where i completed only 3 semesters (Bsc Nursing Program 2017- 2018). I got admission into Pre-Nursing program and after completions further apply to get into the nursing program
+ 20 years
+ Mother is my sponsor
+No work experience
+paid tuition fees and started my classes online

Please can i get help on how to tackle this issues as i plan to reapply soon.....like how can i proof i am established in my home country? can my mum be my tie to my home country? and please what documents do i need to submit in this second application?...... Thank you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.