Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864983 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by HipheeO: 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2021
Wow , massive congratulations! You guys with fast approvals, I envy you o. I am next to share my goodnews BGG, IJN.

Wifefo88:
Hey guys I just received my love letter..,original passport request and correspondence letter

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
Mozidat2301:
hello dear guru in this great platform, pls can you please help to address the reason for the denial of my sis student visa[gcms note] received and how to address this reason for the next Application. thank you

please share full profile.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 4:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
Wifefo88:
Hey guys I just received my love letter..,original passport request and correspondence letter

please share timeline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2021
Wifefo88:
congrats.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 4:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
Please gurus, pls I need help/suggestions on this asap.......Thank you.
RxOtunba:
The file is too large, so I requested the bank to send me six(6) months statement directly into my mailbox, and that's 350kb. What I plan to do is this;

Upload the bank statement sent via email in my application, then note it in the file that it is the email version bcuz the bank copy is too large. Secondly, send the copy collected from bank via webform.

Please advise me accordingly. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Naijaforeigner: 4:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
Stephanie09:
@Naijaforeigner, Hi, please if you see this , can you reply to my pms.I would really appreciate it. I am a PR in Canada ,I have some certain questions about Fanshawe college and would appreciate answers.thank you

Hi Stephanie, it’s been months I have checked my nairaland mail.

I will respond this evening, once I am done from work. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oluwa18: 4:16pm On Mar 09, 2021
Guys, please which province or school is international student friendly for diploma degrees(2years)??
Please, I would like to get contributions from y’all here. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tarama: 4:41pm On Mar 09, 2021
Got it, thank you for responding on this.

Frankrobbn1:

A PGC in Finance from NSCC is the best course of action to show academic advancement.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tarama: 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2021
This is really insightful JustMellow. I have to carefully consider what next to do, and make sure that my reasoning is convincing to the visa officer. I really appreciate your response. Thank you.

JustMellow:

Hello Tarama,

I will try to approach from two logical perspective:

Advancement in Career:

Your domain of expertise is well in line with PGD in Finance which is easy to demonstrate a career advanvcement maybe "due to the constant evolving pace of new techniques and professional know-how..." The reason(s)/explanation(s) should be really convincing and logical.

Contrarily, failure to give a justifiable reaaons could question the genuineness of your study intent. The VO will be so curious to know why spending hugely to do samilar program to your first.

Future Plans/Experience:

Your domain of expertise doesn't directly follow if you pick PGD in ABM, but could be appropriate if you aspire to venture into business soon or in the nearest future, or have a prior business as a second occupation and can be evidently justified.

Contrarily, the VO may see this to be a career switch/shift and can make the VO question the correlation of the program to your employment/experience or previous study if no logical or evident reasons are not given.

In order to demonstrate that you have a prior exposure in this study area, you can quickly take about 3 - 5 online courses (free and paid) in Business Management and related field close to ABM. This will go a lomg way to helo your make a good arguement or give a good and logical reasons/explanations.

Based on your interest, you gave a clear reason to further your study because you want a progression in your career meaning "Career Advancement." So, option one is fine. Though option two is a considerable option for me if the analysis given in the regard can be easily demonstrated.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2021
Wifefo88:
Congratulations grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tarama: 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hi. The Pgd Finance is with NSCC. University of Winnipeg offers Advanced Business Management. You can try applying with a solid SOP.

AKANLE2:
good morning,please can u tell me i ve bsc accounting with cgpa of 2,7 can i get admission in university of winnipeg PGD finance with this my cgpa,please help a brother sinc u ve gotten admission admission in the school am sure u will know bettrer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tarama: 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2021
Yes, I meant Post Graduate Diploma. You can try googling the school, then add the course you want in the search bar as well.

Theanyanwu:
hello Chief, when you say PGD I want to understand it means Post Graduate Diploma yeah?

I'm currently at this situation. I can't find PGD for management science or marketing in University of Winnipeg's website.

Please how can I find if they offer the course and what are the steps I need to take please?

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tarama: 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hi. Studied Finance for first degree.

maestro09:

What did you study in your first degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2021
Rootiab:
Nothing yet. 1 month now since NSE. IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE

Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
Wifefo88:

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lollmaolol(m): 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
Many thanks for your response, unfortunately;

Thank you for checking your eligibility!
Your application is not eligible for a loan for the below reason(s):
MPOWER is not offering services at this university
MPOWER operates with a select number of universities and does not currently have a partnership agreement with your specific university. MPOWER continues to expand and update our list of supported schools. You are welcome to check your eligibility again in the future. If you are interested in, or have been accepted to, any other universities, you are welcome to recheck your eligibility by clicking the button below.

Uzomachukwu:

Check out https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prada1: 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2021
Anyone applied to usask?
i haven't heard anything for the past two months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
Same here
Rootiab:
Nothing yet. 1 month now since NSE. IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jizzle01(m): 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2021
amazing! congratulations !

Wifefo88:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2021
Naijaforeigner:

Awwn, finally oo. I've missed you so much here, you're my inspiration when it comes Fanshawe matter. God bless you more for this, hope to share my goodnews soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hope95: 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hello House,

Thanks to everyone contributing to help others. Please I need advice or comments. What are the chances for visa approvals for a PGD (Post Graduate Diploma in Management ) for some above Age 40, fully into business, married with Children with previous education degree of an ND and HND in marketing and business administration.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
Naijaforeigner:

Awwn, finally oo kiss. I've missed you so much here, you're my inspiration when it comes Fanshawe matter. God bless you more for this, hope to share my goodnews soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2021
Wifefo88:

Wow!!! This is so fast, CONGRATULATIONS oo, I applied almost same time 24th Jan. God please make them release my own love letter soonest.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Naijaforeigner: 6:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
oyibo4real:

Awwn, finally oo kiss. I've missed you so much here, you're my inspiration when it comes Fanshawe matter. God bless you more for this, hope to share my goodnews soon.

Blessings fall upon you.

Your love letter will come your way soon (amen).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 7:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
Dear all,please I need your advise or the contact of anyone in immigration who can advise me accordingly. Sometimes in Aug I noticed I couldn't find my passport and tot I must have muddled it with my other doc. I had applied to my sch for winter 2021 with same passport but eventually had to defer my admission to sept for other reasons.
By Nov,I swore an affidavit and reported it missing to enable me apply for a new passport as the old one expires by Sept 2021 anyways.
Since I captured in Dec,new passport isn't out and story is no booklet in the country.I recently saw my old passport in my children's report sheet envelope after I turned my house upside down in search for it.
Question is...can I go ahead and use this passport as a stopgap pending when immigration decides to have mercy? This is the only thing delaying my application as resumption is this September. Do I also have to swear another affidavit declaring it found? Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wifefo88: 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2021
Full Timeline..Am really grateful to God and everyone on this platform that answered my questions...

First time applicant
Application submission:- 28 January 2021
Biometric Completed- 2 February and it was updated that same day..
Upfront medicals 27 January and it was updated to pass on 8 February and eligibility review started on 17th Feburary....
Original passport request and correspondence letter received today 9th March 2021.

I applied with NSE requirements but wen I submitted my application my IELTS result was not ready so I attached a payment proof screenshot of my IELTS to my application and wrote a note that I will send my result as soon as it is available...i didn't receive NSE request and when the IELTS result came out i sent it through webform and emails to Nairobi, London, Accra, Shanghai, Cairo and I got the normal acknowledgment receipt...my dad sent my living expenses to me 3 million naira and he stated it in his letter of sponsorship..For my IELTS I had 6.0 in listening., 5.0 in reading., 6.5 in writing and 7.0 in speaking with overall band of 6.0 I was scared because of the reading aspect but I submitted it with prayers.

Clients document submitted
1. Statement of purpose(10 pages)
2. Certificate of Origin
3. Birth Certificate
4. WAEC result
5. Cv
6. Undergraduate school Id card
7. Undergraduate admission letter
8. Undergraduate transcript
9. Undergraduate certificate
10. My IT Id card I did in my 300L.
11. Certification I had while in school
12. NYSC call up letter
13. NYSC posting letter
14. NYSC Acceptance letter
15. NYSC Discharge Certificate
16 NYSC Id card(Front and Back)
17. Mother support letter..my mother owns a business but it's not registerd so I didn't submit CAC., she just stated am working with her as a sales representative immediately after my service and that she doesn't pay me. I finished my NYSC October 2020
18. Mother's business card
19. Business transactions receipt
20. Mother's birth Certificate
21. National identification number
22. Graduation picture with parents
23. Mother car receipt and proof of ownership

Sponsors document
1. Letter of sponsorship (3 pages)
2. Undergraduate student receipt just to show that my dad was my sponsor during my undergraduate program
3. Sponsor employment letter
4. Letter of Introduction from work place.
5. Sponsor's last promotion letter
6. Sponsor's retirement letter
7. Sponsor's retirement Id card
8. Tuition payment receipt I paid first semester fee
9. Sponsor's birth certificate
10. Award given to my sponsor during his time at work
11. Three land document all together 9.5 million
12. Sponsor's car document
13. Tenancy agreement..three bedroom flats with proof of payment from the tenants
14. Sponsor's one year Mybankstatement...my sponsor has two account(current and savings) the current account is his salary pension account
15. Bank reference letter
16. Marriage certificate.

After submitting my application I found out that I made mistakes on my sop but I committed everything into God's hand.
I sent Nairobi a message about my applicantion that its passed 20days and no final decision yet and I got the normal response on 24 February..then beginning of this month I started send them mail again that my resumption is on 10 may and I will like if my application is processed on time..I sent the mail everyday I even sent it this afternoon before my passport request came in..
Thanks to everyone and to those waiting I pray that your passport request will come this week ijn(Amen)

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by khosen: 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
Please house I need your help�

Can someone going to school in Vancouver land in Ontario, stay there with a friend for like a month before proceeding to Vancouver because lectures are online.

What can be the advantages and disadvantages?

Please I need responses abeg�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MzWendy: 8:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hello House. Good evening to you all. Please I’m very confused about this PgDip & PgCert. The course I’m applying for is Human Resources Management. I already have 3 years experience in this field. My issue is that most Colleges offer HRM course as PgCert and not PgDip and from my search so far, Dip is better than Cert. My questions are:-
1. Is it advisable to go for the PgCert since I can’t find ones offering it in PgDip?
2. Will I be able to pursue a Masters degree with PgCert?
3. Is it true that Colleges offer PgDip more than Universities?
4. Also, I need clarification in this 6 months bank statement thingy. From my calculations, between March - August is 6 months. Does that mean I will have the exact 30kCAD required before Sept or the bank statement is just proof that I have an active bank account.

I’ll appreciate all answers given. Also, If there is anyone who is studying HRM or knows someone who is, please help a sister. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JayEjabz: 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hello house,
Thanks for all ur efforts u guys are simply amazing.
Please i am about to start my application...my husband is my sponsor and the funds is in his account...can he transfer the money to me so i use my own statement of acct or I should use only his own statement of account. Please put me through..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lysega: 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2021
@lekiboboe
@justmellow
@Frankobbn
1. What other documents of explanation do I need asides LOE and SOP.
2. When do I need LOE?
3. What documents do I have to notarize?
4. Is it ok to use a pension account?
5. Must I have done biometrics and medical test before submitting my visa application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2021
What did you apply for?

Have you also written them to enquire?

I know someone who applied there - (University of Saskatchewan) in January. She wrote them after submitting her application and they replied that she should exercise patience till late March for a response. So she is waiting right now till then.
You are at liberty to make inquiries on things you do not know or understand.

prada1:
Anyone applied to usask?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by QueenOIC: 9:36pm On Mar 09, 2021
prada1:
Anyone applied to usask?
I applied. What course?

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.