Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862321 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 10:40am On Mar 09, 2021
My Application Timeline goes thus,

Applied : 12 November,2020
Medical Updated to Passed : 20 November, 2020.
Biometrics Request: 18 November,2020.
Biometrics Completed: 23 November, 2020.
Ghost mode after this

Sent Webform and mail last week Thursday and didn't get reply, I sent another today and was told "Acknowledgement of receipt. Responses are sent within 5 working days for temporary residents and 28

Please is the 5 working days from today till next Monday? Because I am confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:42am On Mar 09, 2021
Everoy83:
Hello Gurus,

Pls l need your help. I received an invitation to upload additional documents to enable apply through the Nigeria Student Express.

I have written the paper-based IELTS test awaiting result this week, kindly advise what l will upload once the result comes out, as the paper result will take a while to get to me.

There is an option to select an institution to send the result, however, l can't find IRCC on the list.

Kindly advise me house.

Hello Everoy83,

PBT should take up to 13 days. There is no need for that option, as there a placeholder for the upload will be provided in your GcKey account. You can make use of the TRF softcopy uploaded to your account or the hardcopy delivered to you.

You are to upload your MBS and TRF. If either or both isn't available, the LOE is used to provide explanation or give reasons on the regard.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:52am On Mar 09, 2021
RelaxingEnd:
Please what's the difference between a Postgraduate certificate and Postgraduate diploma? Which one has more value?

Hello RelaxingEnd,

It has been often used simultaneously and sometimes categorized as equal. Academically, a PGD is somewhat more robust than a PGC with an extended duration.

Google will easily answer your question, try it.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:56am On Mar 09, 2021
Benquip:
My Application Timeline goes thus,

Applied : 12 November,2020
Medical Updated to Passed : 20 November, 2020.
Biometrics Request: 18 November,2020.
Biometrics Completed: 23 November, 2020.

Sent Webform and mail last week Thursday and didn't get reply, I sent another today and was told "Acknowledgement of receipt. Responses are sent within 5 working days for temporary residents and 28

Please is the 5 working days from today till next Monday? Because I am confused

Hello Benquip,

From the day the enquiry was sent.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sacollins123: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2021
Good morning able house, please should the documents check list be downloaded & submitted along side other documents, i don't know if i understood what I read.
If yes, should it be understand additional documents folder. Please it's really serious and urgent for me.

Please I really need an urgent response please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RelaxingEnd: 11:05am On Mar 09, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello RelaxingEnd,

It has been often used simultaneously and sometimes categorized as equal. Academically, a PGD is somewhat more robust than a PGC with an extended duration.

Google will easily answer your question, try it.

Best of Luck

I appreciate your reply. I've tried Google. I just wanted to get additional opinions here. And your answer is satisfying. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 11:24am On Mar 09, 2021
Tarama:
@Lekiboboe
@JustMellow
@Frankrobbn1

Hi guys,

Please I need advice. got admission to two schools/program and trying to decide which one has the most likely visa approval chance and future prospect in Canada. Payment deadline is due soon and need to choose quickly. The two programs are PgD Finance in NSCC, and PgD Advanced Business Management in University of Winnipeg. Studied finance for undergrad, currently work in a bank, and want to progress in my career. University vs College? Course?

Hello Tarama,

I will try to approach from two logical perspective:

Advancement in Career:

Your domain of expertise is well in line with PGD in Finance which is easy to demonstrate a career advanvcement maybe "due to the constant evolving pace of new techniques and professional know-how..." The reason(s)/explanation(s) should be really convincing and logical.

Contrarily, failure to give a justifiable reaaons could question the genuineness of your study intent. The VO will be so curious to know why spending hugely to do samilar program to your first.

Future Plans/Experience:

Your domain of expertise doesn't directly follow if you pick PGD in ABM, but could be appropriate if you aspire to venture into business soon or in the nearest future, or have a prior business as a second occupation and can be evidently justified.

Contrarily, the VO may see this to be a career switch/shift and can make the VO question the correlation of the program to your employment/experience or previous study if no logical or evident reasons are not given.

In order to demonstrate that you have a prior exposure in this study area, you can quickly take about 3 - 5 online courses (free and paid) in Business Management and related field close to ABM. This will go a lomg way to helo your make a good arguement or give a good and logical reasons/explanations.

Based on your interest, you gave a clear reason to further your study because you want a progression in your career meaning "Career Advancement." So, option one is fine. Though option two is a considerable option for me if the analysis given in the regard can be easily demonstrated.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 11:28am On Mar 09, 2021
Sacollins123:
Good morning able house, please should the documents check list be downloaded & submitted along side other documents, i don't know if i understood what I read.
If yes, should it be understand additional documents folder. Please it's really serious and urgent for me.

Please I really need an urgent response please.

Hello Sacollins123,

You are only required to answer correctly the online questionnaire when begining your application electronically. The checklist isn't required to be downloaded or uploaded for online application.

Hope it is clear enough?!

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 11:30am On Mar 09, 2021
Hello Rootiab,

Any update?

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2021
JustMellow:
Hello Rootiab,

Any update?

Best of Luck
Nothing yet. 1 month now since NSE. IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 11:48am On Mar 09, 2021
Rootiab:
Nothing yet. 1 month now since NSE. IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by YinksXO: 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hello,

I know someone on this thread or the previous thread was in a similar situation. The person went to the Canadian embassy physically, their email address was collected and the LOI and counterfoil dropped before they got home. Go with your PPR and passport as evidence. Good luck!

jogojogo:
hello house good evening please i need direction. I just got my passport with my visa yesterday. but no letter of introduction or the other one.
how do i get them?
what is the next step? what ate the things i need to do before leaving for canada? am going to Brandon university manitoba, how do i book flight or what are the processes involved please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by YinksXO: 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hello,

Keep sending mails and webform say once or twice every week. My daughter's PPR dropped 10days after BVL. I believe you'll get a positive feedback soon, best of luck!

skull4eva:
my people @gurus in the house justmellow, frankrobbn1, frathermatty, @awys, anon1 and everyone please my BVL dropped since 24th February last weds and up till now I have not gotten a decision I have sent webform and emails today again please am really very scared and anxious. abeg in God's name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lollmaolol(m): 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2021
Thaiy:

Relax and be calm, there is nothing to worry about. Some schools now give students' number on applying while you wait the process for admission be completed.
When did you apply, and what's the deadline for the course? Which school and course?
What you should know is the application rule is should you apply early, you would most likely get an early response which would come weeks after deadline.
Manitoba, for September and it's a management course sire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kenon1: 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
Please if one has active express entry profile but has not apply for PR, can he apply for student permit with the same gc key login.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mozidat2301: 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
hello dear guru in this great platform, pls can you please help to address the reason for the denial of my sis student visa[gcms note] received and how to address this reason for the next Application. thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ayokaq: 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2021
If you are going for study d only option of type of visa to apply for is study visa. Kindly note that study permit will only be issued when u can present you LOI at port of entry and LOI doesn't come with visiting visa.

bollybeejay:
@officialksolo
I've been a silent reader, but I had no choice than to register just to give a reply to your question as you are about to make a delicate move, no body was able to answer your question, my hope was to register when I come to share my ppr news.
Now if I get you correctly, you applied for a temporary resident visa which actually is the right move, your study permit only get stamped at the Port of entry at the airport, so you need no special procedure to apply for study permit, either you're applying for visiting or study visa you will have to apply for the temporary resident visa which gives you the authorization to travel to Canada's port of entry, your study permit is then affixed on your entry into Canada, so do not withdraw your application as you have made the right application, I hope that answers your querry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2021
Thank you
JustMellow:

Hello Benquip,

From the day the enquiry was sent.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Officialksolo: 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ayokaq:
If you are going for study d only option of type of visa to apply for is study visa. Kindly note that study permit will only be issued when u can present you LOI at port of entry and LOI doesn't come with visiting visa.

Thanks so much bro, I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Officialksolo: 2:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ayokaq:

@Ayokaz

So you suggest study permit is the best right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 2:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
The file is too large, so I requested to bank to send me the six(6) months statement directly to my mailbox, and that's 350kb. What I plan to do is this;

Upload the bank statement sent via email in my application, then note it in the file that it is the email version bcuz the bank copy was too large. Secondly, send the copy collected from bank via webform.

Please advise me accordingly. Thanks
RxOtunba:
Shey no be webform I go take send the bank statement laidis......Is it possible? The statement is 110 pages, Eco bank statement is just nonsense, only 5 transactions per page. I compressed to 3.55mb but it was so so blurry, and that's still too large bcuz I still have other docs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
The file is too large, so I requested the bank to send me six(6) months statement directly into my mailbox, and that's 350kb. What I plan to do is this;

Upload the bank statement sent via email in my application, then note it in the file that it is the email version bcuz the bank copy is too large. Secondly, send the copy collected from bank via webform.

Please advise me accordingly. Thanks
RxOtunba:
Shey no be webform I go take send the bank statement laidis......Is it possible? The statement is 110 pages, Eco bank statement is just nonsense, only 5 transactions per page. I compressed to 3.55mb but it was so so blurry, and that's still too large bcuz I still have other docs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wifefo88: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hey guys I just received my love letter..,original passport request and correspondence letter

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lollmaolol(m): 2:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
congratulation wifefo88
Wifefo88:
Hey guys I just received my love letter..,original passport request and correspondence letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yeankux: 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2021
@ justmellow

thank you for the prompt response , this is really appriciated,

i will action to your stated advice and hope i get response from them soon

thank you Once again

JustMellow:

Hello Yeankux,

You should send an email to Nairobi and Lagos using the subject "URGENT: Application Status Enquiry." The body message should be succinct and direct. Then, politely remind them of your school resumption.

In the wait to get a response, requesting for your notes becomes the most suitable option. Do so, you may be surprised your eligilibity review is eiher ongoing or finalized.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 2:33pm On Mar 09, 2021
@recxa thank God they remembered an October applicant this time around. We are also hopeful. Congratulations to you and Wifefo88
recxa:
I just got my PPR!! Praise God. Can someone help me through the process of submitting it in Lagos? TIA
Wifefo88:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wifefo88: 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2021
Wifefo88:

I will post my full timeline soon...what God cannot do doesn't exist..I'm really grateful.�

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
Wifefo88:
Congratulations on your PPR!!!!!

To God be the glory!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2021
lollmaolol:
Hi All, I just gained graduate admission into a Canadian University. I was hoping the admission would come with a scholarship but it didn't, please can anyone help with funds or links to a long-term loan? Thank you

Check out https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by khosen: 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2021
Please house I need your help�

Can someone going to school in Vancouver land in Ontario, stay there with a friend for like a month before proceeding to Vancouver because lectures are online.

What can be the advantages and disadvantages?

Please I need responses abeg�

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Komeoby: 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2021
Komeoby:
Please is it compulsory to put my sponsor's international passport data page and past visa pages in my application?

Can anyone help answer this

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.