Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862254 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Biddy1: 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2021
[Thabk you so much for this but of advice I will talk to him right awayquote author=awys post=99715146]
There is nothing like student visiting letter is either you are applying for Visiting visa or study permit since your agreement with the agent is study permit your application number should start with S and not V so if it's starting with V obviously the agent is processing a Visiting visa for him please go and check with and insist that there is nothing like Student visiting letter insist on your log in details to know and follow up with what is happening with your Application some agents are so naive we know better than most of them so avoid them at all cost if you can please!!!.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hello everyone
I need advice on what to do.
Am an HND graduate in mass communication(upper credit),gained admission to start afresh(year 1) ,applied for Canada study permit with a dependent (1 year old)since October, they requested for ielts enough funds I submitted all in December but decision is yet to be made am still waiting tho.
I paid part tuition of 10kCad of which 5k was refunded because I didn’t resume for January class tho I have requested for the remaining balance because they refused to defer me it was when i requested for deferment they sent the 5k.
I am tired of waiting and given up so I tried applying to uk schools and got admissiont for BSc mass communication ( year 3 )
my husband has Uk admission also for masters and wants to apply with our daughter,so I was thinking I should leave Canada pemit and apply for uk too so as to stay with my family since uk is giving 2 year work permit.
Is it okay to leave the application and apply for uk visa straight and when it is done I should withdraw the application.
I dnt even know am just tired and I dnt knw what else to do.Please your sincere advice will go a long way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by recxa: 12:04am On Mar 09, 2021
Thank you smiley
HipheeO:
Wow...congrats...finally

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 12:09am On Mar 09, 2021
Congratulations ��...
recxa:
I just got my PPR!! Praise God. Can someone help me through the process of submitting it in Lagos? TIA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babhydoll: 12:09am On Mar 09, 2021
recxa:
Thank you smiley
Congratulations, Kindly drop timeline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 3:11am On Mar 09, 2021
recxa:
I just got my PPR!! Praise God. Can someone help me through the process of submitting it in Lagos? TIA

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 3:55am On Mar 09, 2021
I will try it.....Thanks.
Lekiboboe:

You can make your enquiries on the

LIVING IN CANADA THREAD

See link below

https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/443

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:57am On Mar 09, 2021
recxa:
Congratulations on your PPR!!!

See this

How to Send your Passport & other required documents to VFS LAGOS (DHL Lagos to VFS Lagos Scenerio)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/492#95759563

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

Download the above form and fill only the 2nd Page

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blaze123456: 6:31am On Mar 09, 2021
Teetee35:
Good evening Everyone
Pls gurus in the house ur advice urgently needed.
I am an old applicant for a master program. I applied since Feb 2020. Nothing since then I have order for GCMS note but no relevant info. The only info I saw there under eligibility was Recommend Interview. Several mails have been sent to IRCC Nairobi office but the same old generic reply they are sending that application still under review. Pls what do I do here application have been under review for over a year. Pls come to my aid.
Old applicants gather here ooo.
Your application will b approved
Mine application was like that too
My gcms note state interview recommended and later I saw medicals request

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 6:38am On Mar 09, 2021
JC101:
God is good!!

PPR just flew in purrr

I did my biometrics in lagos vfs can I send it to Abuja? I heard it's faster, I dont mind paying the extra fees

Can I get some help please as soon as possible so I can send it off. Thank you

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Officialksolo: 6:51am On Mar 09, 2021
shupy:
withdraw and reapply. Immigration authorities are not helpful people especially in a situation like yours

You mean I should withdraw and reapply again??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:04am On Mar 09, 2021
recxa:
Congrats........I'm next in line. Amen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:05am On Mar 09, 2021
ozone00001:
Did they acknowledge your NSE submission?
no
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Stephanie09: 8:22am On Mar 09, 2021
@Naijaforeigner, Hi, please if you see this , can you reply to my pms.I would really appreciate it. I am a PR in Canada ,I have some certain questions about Fanshawe college and would appreciate answers.thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 8:27am On Mar 09, 2021
Shey no be webform I go take send the bank statement laidis......Is it possible? The statement is 110 pages, Eco bank statement is just nonsense, only 5 transactions per page. I compressed to 3.55mb but it was so so blurry, and that's still too large bcuz I still have other docs.
Lekiboboe:

Have you tried "I LOVE PDF", if no, try it,

See link
https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf

If you still don't achieve your desired result, I think this second alternative will be your best shot,

See the content in the link below and do as directed

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/239#98929324

Credits: JustMellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Everoy83: 8:29am On Mar 09, 2021
Hello Gurus,

Pls l need your help. I received an invitation to upload additional documents to enable apply through the Nigeria Student Express.

I have written the paper-based IELTS test awaiting result this week, kindly advise what l will upload once the result comes out, as the paper result will take a while to get to me.

There is an option to select an institution to send the result, however, l can't find IRCC on the list.

Kindly advise me house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 8:55am On Mar 09, 2021
Gooday! Today making one month since I got my NSE submission confirmation. I haven't gotten any notification from them since that date.. And my eligibility review haven't started but review of other documents has started.. Medicals passed and biometrics done... Should I be worried and is there any step to be taken?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RelaxingEnd: 9:16am On Mar 09, 2021
Please what's the difference between a Postgraduate certificate and Postgraduate diploma? Which one has more value?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:24am On Mar 09, 2021
yeankux:
hello @Frankrobbn1 @justmellow

i want to appreciate you all for the wonderful job you are all doing here , providing assistance to question and concern raised
may God reward you all

please i have a concern as regards my application , i submitted my application since 10th Dec 2020 but i am yet to receive any feedback from them, although i have done my Biometric and upfront medical ,

what will you suggest i do as i do not receive NSE request and am suppose to resume class this MAY 2021,

what options do i have to enable start the review process

your professional advise will be appreciated

@frankrobbin1
@lekebone

Hello Yeankux,

You should send an email to Nairobi and Lagos using the subject "URGENT: Application Status Enquiry." The body message should be succinct and direct. Then, politely remind them of your school resumption.

In the wait to get a response, requesting for your notes becomes the most suitable option. Do so, you may be surprised your eligilibity review is eiher ongoing or finalized.

Best of Luck

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 9:29am On Mar 09, 2021
Kkddyit:

Thank you very much Frank. I have just done that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:32am On Mar 09, 2021
Kkddyit:
Going for PhD with partial funding.
Submitted my application on Jan 15th with my spouse and two kids.
Got NSE request Feb 2nd and responded same day. Review of additional documents started Feb 5th.
Upfront Medical updated for all on Feb 11.
My Spouse's and one of my Kids eligibility review started same day Feb 11. But my eligibility review is yet to start. I haven't heard from IRCC since the last update. A bit confused.

@Frankrobbn1
@Lekiboboe
@JustMellow
other gurus in the house have you seen someone with similar experience before considering. Thanks in advance.

Hello Kkddyit,

There isn't any issue to let bother you. Your (family) application is going accordingly. Your eligibilty might have started, but hasn't been updated real time.

Kindly request for your notes to have a clear view of your application and what current activities are ongoing.

Relax your mind.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EstherJedidjah: 9:49am On Mar 09, 2021
EstherJedidjah:

@Frankrobbn1
I am almost in same situation with the poster only that mine is a different course.
I would also love to have your email
Thank you.

@Frankrobbn1
Please Try and respond to my mail. Been checking my mail for your response like am waiting for a response from a VO. Thank you for all you do. Enjoy your day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:03am On Mar 09, 2021
Mami1:

The range of 6000CAD-7000CAD is fair. Just show that after factoring all possible expenses for your child, you still have enough money to cater for whatever else comes up.

Hello Mami1,

Your advise of having a range of 6,000 CAD - 7,0000 CAD is well in place in order for applicants to demonstrate that they have excess funds above the required estimate given by IRCC.

However, according to IRCC, apart for PA who is to show 10,000 CAD ($833 monthly) outside Québec and 11,000 CAD ($917 monthly) in Québec; the 4,000 CAD ($333 monthly) is required for the first first family member who is an adult whilst 3,000 CAD ($255 monthly) for the second or every additional accompanying family member who is 18 below.

In Québec; first family member (18 and above) needs $5,100 CAD ($425), first family member (18 below) requires $3,800 CAD ($317). Every additional accompanying family member 18years and older requires $5,125 ($427 monthly) and for every additional accompanying family member under 18 needs $1,903 CAD ($159 monthly).

Hope you get how I arrived at $3,000 CAD.

One love!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:04am On Mar 09, 2021
stephanie94:

I included Fintiba bank charges

Hello Stephanie94,

Well noted.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:17am On Mar 09, 2021
Baphil:
Thank you for your input. However, everything in their process was done in Abuja. They reside there too.

My brother was able to get through to VFS via mail and phone. It was explained to him that because the children didn't do biometrics (as children under 14 years of age do not go through biometrics), they must pay biometrics transmission fees. They went ahead to pay and then resent their passports to the embassy. IRCC has received messages of counterfoil i.e. that their visas have been pasted on their passports.

We learn everyday. I pray someone applying with a minor under 14 years would take note of this and just go ahead to pay the transmission fee before sending their passports to the embassy. Please remember to attach the proofs of transmission fees with your package.

Hello Baphil,

Very valid, and good to know that they were able to sort it out.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:20am On Mar 09, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:

I'm yet to get my LOA, just the student number that's why I'm asking..

Hello TANTUMERGO007,

This is a commom practice with some schools if a positive decision wll be reached. Be hopeful.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:22am On Mar 09, 2021
recxa:

Hello Recxa,

Big Congratulations.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2021
Teetee35:
Good evening Everyone
Pls gurus in the house ur advice urgently needed.
I am an old applicant for a master program. I applied since Feb 2020. Nothing since then I have order for GCMS note but no relevant info. The only info I saw there under eligibility was Recommend Interview. Several mails have been sent to IRCC Nairobi office but the same old generic reply they are sending that application still under review. Pls what do I do here application have been under review for over a year. Pls come to my aid.
Old applicants gather here ooo.

Hello Teetee35,

The trauma at night due to this is unimaginable. When did you request for your notes and if it has been up to 1 - 2 months, request for it again while you continue to send them emails/CSE.

Since interview recommended, you should worry less and hopefully, you should get a positive response soon.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 10:28am On Mar 09, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:
I have gotten student number but admission letter never come almost a week now, make una help me answer why cause my BP they rise o

Relax and be calm, there is nothing to worry about. Some schools now give students' number on applying while you wait the process for admission be completed.
When did you apply, and what's the deadline for the course? Which school and course?
What you should know is the application rule is should you apply early, you would most likely get an early response which would come weeks after deadline.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bollybeejay: 10:29am On Mar 09, 2021
@officialksolo
I've been a silent reader, but I had no choice than to register just to give a reply to your question as you are about to make a delicate move, no body was able to answer your question, my hope was to register when I come to share my ppr news.
Now if I get you correctly, you applied for a temporary resident visa which actually is the right move, your study permit only get stamped at the Port of entry at the airport, so you need no special procedure to apply for study permit, either you're applying for visiting or study visa you will have to apply for the temporary resident visa which gives you the authorization to travel to Canada's port of entry, your study permit is then affixed on your entry into Canada, so do not withdraw your application as you have made the right application, I hope that answers your querry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 10:29am On Mar 09, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:
I have gotten student number but admission letter never come almost a week now, make una help me answer why cause my BP they rise o

Relax and be calm, there is nothing to worry about. Some schools now give students' number on applying while you wait the process for admission be completed.
When did you apply, and what's the deadline for the course? Which school and course?
What you should know is the application rule is should you apply early, you would most likely get an early response which would come weeks after deadline.

It will end in Praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 10:39am On Mar 09, 2021
My Application Timeline goes thus,

Applied : 12 November,2020
Medical Updated to Passed : 20 November, 2020.
Biometrics Request: 18 November,2020.
Biometrics Completed: 23 November, 2020.

Sent Webform and mail last week Thursday and didn't get reply, I sent another today and was told "Acknowledgement of receipt. Responses are sent within 5 working days for temporary residents and 28

Please is the 5 working days from today till next Monday? Because I am confused

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.