Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864980 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 31, 2020
Hmm thank you
awys:

Sure you can rewrite but you will have to pay another fee and register again to rewrite if don't meet the required score band
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:43am On Dec 31, 2020
jogojogo:
HALELUYAH, MY RESULT IS OUT NOW. THANKS A MILLION

Listening7.5
Reading7.5
Writing6.0
Speaking8.0
Overall7.5

PLEASE I DONT HAVE THE HARD COPY OF MY RESULT, TODAY IS THE DEADLINE, BUT I HAVE MY TRF NUMBER, CAN I SEND THE ONLINE RESULT WITH THE TRF NUMBER WITH EXPLANATION OF DELAYED HARD COPY RESULT?

Hello Jogojogo,

Just for future reference, the softcopy would suffice.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:45am On Dec 31, 2020
MzMisty:
Hi guys,

Anyone experiencing ghost update at the moment?

Hello MzMisty,

Your application must be very special to IRCC grin

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:47am On Dec 31, 2020
Qcanvs38mimi:
Good morning, my medicals has still not been updated. I’ve sent nails to those emails that were quoted earlier and sent web forms to the Kenya office. What should I do?

Hello Qcanvs38mimi,

Nothing, give it a little time. It will definitely be updated.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimzy4real: 11:06am On Dec 31, 2020
Thanks for the ginger. it was needed.

lentomac:

You is CGPA is not low

There have been testimonies here in this forum of 2.2 Applicants who got Masters Admission in Canada, they packaged their application very well despite the uncertainty of their CGPA getting them admission.

So in your case, with your 2.1 CGPA coupled with a good application packaging, you should get admission

Most Schools would require the following from you

- University Transcript
- Certificate of Highest Degree
- Academic Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Recommendation Letter (Might be optional in some schools)
- Personal Statement/Statement of Interest/Letter of Intent

Check the link below, you would see resources for Academic CV samples, How to Write Convincing Personal Statements etc.

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 11:06am On Dec 31, 2020
Ikechuqu:
Pls for those that have traveled to CAN, what number did you use for the ArriveCAN App?

Is one able to get a mobile number at the Canadian Airport?

Pls urgent response needed, my trip is this week.

Hello Ikechuqu,

You can use your local number.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MzMisty: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello MzMisty,

Your application must be very special to IRCC grin

Best of Luck

Lmao!!! You know this!!!
We are kuku in the 4th week of this ghost updates on a regular.
Had another for 5minutes this morning.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AbiodunMobi2025: 11:17am On Dec 31, 2020
Please o, I need our contribution o.

AbiodunMobi2025:
@just mellow @ frank @ all.

My uncle will be sending me a total sum of 8m to cover for my first year expenses including flight into my personal account. This account hasnt been running well over the time, so i am presenting it majorly to show that i will have access to my uncle fund for the period of my two years. The maximum amount that has entered this account at once is 100k. I was sent a sum of 600k into this same account today. This money belongs to my brother and I will be moving it out to him tomorrow morning. I am kind of worried now if I will need to explain to the VO about the 600k, or I don't have to since the money didn't stay in my account and it's not as if I am considering using it as part of fund for my study. Please I need your say on this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 11:17am On Dec 31, 2020
Cutieflaky:
Good morning to you all
Please I need someone to help me out on what to do, my younger brother's CIC account has been locked and we have waited for 72 hours but it's not unlocked yet. Please what can I do? I will appreciate response from anyone who have experienced it.

Thank you

Hello Cutieflaky,

The only way out is to create a new Gckey account then link it to the previous using his application number.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by brovaSketch: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2020
Hello Honorables!

Pls for prospective Conestoga students here, how did you pay your initial deposit and what is the best and fastest route? Thanks you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 11:47am On Dec 31, 2020
YinksXO:
Long post alert!

This process was for my 15 year old daughter to go for a High school program in Nova Scotia, process is very similar to a college application so I relied on information received from nairaland.

Hello YinksXO,

Big Congratulations. What's the name of the school?

Best of Lucky to your daughter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oduffa: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2020
Thank you, it's just a bit frustrating, it's the only thing pending for me. My resumption is January 11th so I wish things would move faster.
JustMellow:

Hello Oduffa,

This shouldn't be a fuss. As long as you are sure it was given at the VFS center, it has been transmitted to IRCC. It will certainly be updated in your GcKey online account. Its not easy to wait without proper updates but try to exercise patience. This is key in this journey.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2020
AbiodunMobi2025:
@just mellow @ frank @ all.

My uncle will be sending me a total sum of 8m to cover for my first year expenses including flight into my personal account. This account hasnt been running well over the time, so i am presenting it majorly to show that i will have access to my uncle fund for the period of my two years. The maximum amount that has entered this account at once is 100k. I was sent a sum of 600k into this same account today. This money belongs to my brother and I will be moving it out to him tomorrow morning. I am kind of worried now if I will need to explain to the VO about the 600k, or I don't have to since the money didn't stay in my account and it's not as if I am considering using it as part of fund for my study. Please I need your say on this. Thanks

Hello AbiodunMobi2025,

The VO MAY likely have concern(s) for your "Personal Assets and Financial Status." Since you have poor inflows prior before now and the 600k only entered recently, the VO may interprete it the other way to be borrowed funds or an action taken due to the visa application process.

In terms of the sponsorship commitment, the issue may not necessarily be the lump sum deposit by your uncle. The VO may be wanting to understand more about you and/or parent's financial establishment using the poor inflows to assess your level of establishment.

Its true no two application is the same but if you're a matured applicant with (prior) work experience, the genuinuity of your application and intention may be subjected to thorough scrutiny. Given that your program is for 2yrs may also give room to further questions about your funds.

As it is, I believe there is no other option. In this case, you have to explain any movement of unusual funds into and out of the account.

My suggestion is this, let your parents also get involved or play a financial role. Then stay hopeful that the VO don't use 'insufficient funds and employment situation' as basis for assessing your application.

You know your situation quite well and understands your application better. I only gave my opinion based on your post and my observation about it.

Best of Luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2020
hope4brym:
Don't apply for a PGD, admission will be easy but it puts your visa approval at great risk.

Apply instead to either a Master's or Postgraduate Certificate. Any 1-year program gives you 1-year PGWP and any 2-year program gives you a 3-year PGWP.

quotee author=Chiphunter post=97561709]Thank you very much. I will go through them now. Just trying to know my chances if I apply for the PGD. Thank you for explanation. God bless you

Hello Hope4brym,

How so on the bolded?

I for one, don't see any redflag for a 2.1 applying for a PGD/C in lieu of a Master. There are too many success stories in the streets for those that trod the path.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2020
Pls for those that submitted the NSE documents..what date did IRCC start reviewing your additional documents?the day/date u submitted or there's no date there yet??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2020
lentomac:

Ok JustMellow,

Thanks....

This present estimated time is quite scary, I even came into a conclusion that probably they want Nigerian Applicants now to focus using the NSE route that's why the Processing time shoot up like that

I don't think so. It skyrocketed to around 31 weeks prior before NSE commencement in October.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2020
Oduffa:
Thank you, it's just a bit frustrating, it's the only thing pending for me. My resumption is January 11th so I wish things would move faster.

Hello Oduffa,

The good thing is that you have the option to defer if your application continued to tarry. Hang in there.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2020
OtunbaTee:
Pls for those that submitted the NSE documents..what date did IRCC start reviewing your additional documents?the day/date u submitted or there's no date there yet??

Hello OtunbaTee,

For many, it began almost immediately. At most, within 12 - 24 hrs.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SonOfaNobody(m): 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2020
Please, what's the process to send my passport to Vfs office, Lagos?
Please, add the fees too. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2020
SonOfaNobody:
Please, what's the process to send my passport to Vfs office, Lagos?
Please, add the fees too. Thanks.
Full Information on sending Passport to Lagos or Abuja VFS for STAMPING after getting PPR
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/642#96722431

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

Note: It is being overemphasized here in the forum that ABUJA VFS is more faster, LAGOS VFS seems to be slow, but the choice is yours

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SonOfaNobody(m): 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2020
Thank you, big chief.
lentomac:

Full Information on sending Passport to Lagos or Abuja VFS for STAMPING after getting PPR
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/642#96722431

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

Note: It is being overemphasized here in the forum that ABUJA VFS is more faster, LAGOS VFS seems to be slow, but the choice is yours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sugarleireina: 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2020
LANDING GIST

I'm still jetlagged so I really can't type much. This platform has really helped me with quality information and this is my way of giving back and saying THANK YOU to all NAIRALANDERS. So I will just summarize.

I left Nigeria on Sunday December 27 and arrived Vancouver on Monday December 28, it was a smooth flight. I flew Lufthansa, from Abuja-Frankfurt-Vancouver.

I wasn't even stressed about any documentation. At the Abuja airport, They checked my temperature, apparently if your temperature is high you won't be allowed in the airport unless you show a Covid-19 negative test report, so after I got to lufthansa counter, I was asked for my Ticket, passport, LOA and ArriveCan Slip. then they checked to confirm if my school was on the list of Covid-19 preparedness, then they helped me fill in the yellow immigration slip. The only thing that stressed me was the weight of my suitcases, I had to pay US$301 for an extra luggage which was about N120k.

We got to Frankfurt at 5:30am and my GOD, Frankfurt was FULL OF PEOPLE! I had to wear my face mask o. Now it was 11:55am, and we had to board to Vancouver, my temperature was checked and they asked for my boarding pass, passport, LOA and study permit, told them I was just going newly and so no study permit. We boarded and flew on what I will call the longest duration to Vancouver (that trip was long mehn!).

So when we arrived Vancouver airport, apparently I didn't fill in the ArriveCAN well, so i was asked to fill it in manually, I was soo embarrassed! after filling that, they gave me a slip which had a number to call everyday, to confirm that I had reached my place of isolation and to check in my symptoms daily. Then I headed straight to immigration to obtain my study permit. The immigration officer was sooo pleasant he only asked for my passport and LOI, I did over syllabus and handed him my passport, LOI, LOA and COE. He asked me what I was in Canada for, the name of my school and my course then he issued my study permit. He now asked whether I had raw fish or meat and I answered yes. he said was it in my hand luggage, told him no I checked it in. Next thing, he issued me a declaration form to take to the Agricultural section, before I reached the agricultural section, my two boxes had already been isolated!!! so I went there and told them those were my boxes they now said "oh welcome, we've been waiting for you!" I say ah wetin happun, apparently the security dog had sniffed my killishi. The officials asked if I had pomo, I said yes! something i paid an extra luggage for. So I was asked to open up the boxes and my brother, they seized my killishi, my knorr, my peak milk, my indomie onion, my pomo. I wanted to cryyyy. They said if i had lied or didn't declare the items, I would have gotten a penalty of $1300. They now said I should not worry that they sell theses things there, i said but its expensive! anyway they trashed the items and allowed me leave. I got out of the airport and to be honest, I am currently outside of Vancouver in an area where it snows, the cold is not that bad as I expected it to be I even walked on snow with ordinary socks hahaha! no try am o! All in all it was a smooth experience, Canadians are nice and pleasant! I love it here already dieee! even though I am just on Day 4 of my quarantine. The Canadian government has also been calling to confirm that I am adhering to the self isolation plan, such an organised country! Wishing all the TRV hopefuls all the very best 2021 is your year! Amen

39 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Heffalump(m): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Heffalump,

Research-/Thesis-based Masters normally comes with either partial or full funding. Also, other monetary awards can as well come as scholarship depending on the DLI.
Best of Luck

Thanks bro.
Happy New Year!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 2:11pm On Dec 31, 2020
sugarleireina:
LANDING GIST

I'm still jetlagged so I really can't type much. This platform has really helped me with quality information and this is my way of giving back and saying THANK YOU to all NAIRALANDERS. So I will just summarize.

I left Nigeria on Sunday December 27 and arrived Vancouver on Monday December 28, it was a smooth flight. I flew Lufthansa, from Abuja-Frankfurt-Vancouver.

I wasn't even stressed about any documentation. At the Abuja airport, They checked my temperature, apparently if your temperature is high you won't be allowed in the airport unless you show a Covid-19 negative test report, so after I got to lufthansa counter, I was asked for my Ticket, passport, LOA and ArriveCan Slip. then they checked to confirm if my school was on the list of Covid-19 preparedness, then they helped me fill in the yellow immigration slip. The only thing that stressed me was the weight of my suitcases, I had to pay US$301 for an extra luggage which was about N120k.

We got to Frankfurt at 5:30am and my GOD, Frankfurt was FULL OF PEOPLE! I had to wear my face mask o. Now it was 11:55am, and we had to board to Vancouver, my temperature was checked and they asked for my boarding pass, passport, LOA and study permit, told them I was just going newly and so no study permit. We boarded and flew on what I will call the longest duration to Vancouver (that trip was long mehn!).

So when we arrived Vancouver airport, apparently I didn't fill in the ArriveCAN well, so i was asked to fill it in manually, I was soo embarrassed! after filling that, they gave me a slip which had a number to call everyday, to confirm that I had reached my place of isolation and to check in my symptoms daily. Then I headed straight to immigration to obtain my study permit. The immigration officer was sooo pleasant he only asked for my passport and LOI, I did over syllabus and handed him my passport, LOI, LOA and COE. He asked me what I was in Canada for, the name of my school and my course then he issued my study permit. He now asked whether I had raw fish or meat and I answered yes. he said was it in my hand luggage, told him no I checked it in. Next thing, he issued me a declaration form to take to the Agricultural section, before I reached the agricultural section, my two boxes had already been isolated!!! so I went there and told them those were my boxes they now said "oh welcome, we've been waiting for you!" I say ah wetin happun, apparently the security dog had sniffed my killishi. The officials asked if I had pomo, I said yes! something i paid an extra luggage for. So I was asked to open up the boxes and my brother, they seized my killishi, my knorr, my indomie onion, my pomo. I wanted to cryyyy. They now said I should not worry that they sell theses things there, i said but its expensive! anyway they trashed the items and allowed me leave. I got out of the airport and to be honest, I am currently outside of Vancouver in an area where it snows, the cold is not that bad as I expected it to be I even walked on snow with ordinary socks hahaha! no try am o! All in all it was a smooth experience, Canadians are nice and pleasant! I love it here already dieee! even though I am just on Day 4 of my quarantine. Wishing all the TRV hopefuls all the very best 2021 is your year! Amen

Yaaaaaay!!!!!!
Big Big Congratulations!! grin

Everything just dey go well. Thank God for a smooth experience.

I tap into this, as I prepare to write my own Landing Gist in no time. Amen!

IT WILL END IN PRAISES

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
brovaSketch:
Hello Honorables!

Pls for prospective Conestoga students here, how did you pay your initial deposit and what is the best and fastest route? Thanks you!

I used the cibc online payment...
U can also use d western union but payment has to get to the Canadian bank within 3 days...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2020
One day I will give back to this forum.
I can’t wait for that day.
So help me GOD

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 2:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
sugarleireina:
LANDING GIST

So when we arrived Vancouver airport, apparently I didn't fill in the ArriveCAN well, so i was asked to fill it in manually, I was soo embarrassed! after filling that, they gave me a slip which had a number to call everyday, to confirm that I had reached my place of isolation and to check in my symptoms daily. Then I headed straight to immigration to obtain my study permit. The immigration officer was sooo pleasant he only asked for my passport and LOI, I did over syllabus and handed him my passport, LOI, LOA and COE. He asked me what I was in Canada for, the name of my school and my course then he issued my study permit. He now asked whether I had raw fish or meat and I answered yes. he said was it in my hand luggage, told him no I checked it in. Next thing, he issued me a declaration form to take to the Agricultural section, before I reached the agricultural section, my two boxes had already been isolated!!! so I went there and told them those were my boxes they now said "oh welcome, we've been waiting for you!" I say ah wetin happun, apparently the security dog had sniffed my killishi. The officials asked if I had pomo, I said yes! something i paid an extra luggage for. So I was asked to open up the boxes and my brother, they seized my killishi, my knorr, my peak milk, my indomie onion, my pomo. I wanted to cryyyy. They now said I should not worry that they sell theses things there, i said but its expensive! anyway they trashed the items and allowed me leave. I got out of the airport and to be honest, I am currently outside of Vancouver in an area where it snows, the cold is not that bad as I expected it to be I even walked on snow with ordinary socks hahaha! no try am o! All in all it was a smooth experience, Canadians are nice and pleasant! I love it here already dieee! even though I am just on Day 4 of my quarantine. The Canadian government has also been calling to confirm that I am adhering to the self isolation plan, such an organised country! Wishing all the TRV hopefuls all the very best 2021 is your year! Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mubajiboye: 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2020
Please do anyone know how I can apply for relocation to Canada . I’m a graduate here in Nigeria and I have a family can anyone give me the best way on how to do this maybe I can just try my luck .thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by brovaSketch: 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2020
Thank you, was the cibc immediate?

JosephYemsol:

I used the cibc online payment...
U can also use d western union but payment has to get to the Canadian bank within 3 days...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chiphunter: 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2020
Please guys I need your opinion about something. I finished from Cotonou with 2.1 which is a 3 years course there. So I’m between going for PGD or masters. Please I need your honest opinion about this.
Should I just go for PGD and give a good explanation for my reason for going to PGD in my SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2020
brovaSketch:
Thank you, was the cibc immediate?

Yeah... Like u making a card transaction na....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello OtunbaTee,

For many, it began almost immediately. At most, within 12 - 24 hrs.

Best of Luck
oh okay..thank you.they decided to acknowledge mine today since 15th I uploaded...

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.