Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (859225 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mareeam2411: 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2021
https://www./757872734370223/?ref=share

Join the facebook group, it's very helpful
simplydmd:

Have you received an offer letter?... what course did you apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lyndaa22: 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
My PPR is here guys, it has finally ended in praise!!!!

Will share my timeline soon, meanwhile I plan to use Lagos VFS because from the recent trend it seems their processing timeline has improved. Please since this is my second application and I did my biometric at Lagos VFS do I still have to pay the transmission fee?

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shegzy25: 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
I got this pdf this morning, I don’t know what next to do, please if you can help I would appreciate it. If you’ve gone through this or solved this before please tell me what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2021
My deadline to defer was in the first week of Feb but I chose not to defer because September was too far. It was a risk as the alternative is to withdraw from the prog and apply again but I held on to my fate and took the decision. I am currently in my first semester of study and hopefully will be in Canada by May when the second semester begins

Benquip:
I just go a mail from my school that they have extended the deadline to April 9. I pray and hope I gets response before then

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shegzy25: 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
I got this pdf this morning, I don’t know what next to do, please if you can help I would appreciate it. If you’ve gone through this or solved this before please tell me what to do

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2021
Why not try WU ? Its faster , less stressful and cheaper than Form A

sleekcheek:
Thanks for your response, first bank is claiming that they can only send to the school’s bank directly and the school uses a third party to receive its payment. I intend going to their headquarters next week and if that doesn’t work I will try another bank

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2021
Second Application Timeline (Long Post Alert!!!)
Application submitted - Nov 5th
NSE request - Dec 8th
NSE documents review - Dec 29th
Upfront medicals passed - Dec 30th
Main eligibilty review - Jan 12th
First gcms notes received – Feb 11th (Eligibility: blank)
Second gcms notes received – Mar 18th (Eligibility: recommend interview)
PPR – Mar 26th

Documents Submitted
All IMM forms
LOE (drafted it myself then had a friend of mine who is a lawyer review it, I combined both my SOP and LOE addressing the reasons for my previous refusal)
Employment letter/Confirmation letter/Promotion letter
Payslips
Introduction letter from employer
Reference Letter from my direct boss (which I used during my school admission)
Letter of support from my Dad (Saying he transferred the sum of 4million to me for my living expense, I did not include any gift deed/affidavit of support just the letter which he signed)
Dad’s NIN slip
Declaration of Age/Birth Cert for myself and my siblings
Police clearance certificate
Bank Statement (no too much money, showed my full tuition plus a little above 10000 cad)
Pension account statement
Bsc Certificate
HR Professional Certification
Resume
WAEC Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Undergraduate Transcript
Proficiency in English Language
Family Pictures
Affidavit for Loss of Death Certificate (my mum is late, used it as a family tie saying me and my siblings need each other for moral support hence I will return home after my studies)
Certificate of Occupancy of my family house
IELTS result (NSE request)
Printed copy of my bank statement/Reference letter from my Bank (My Bank was not on MyBankStatement platform)

Reasons for First Refusal & How I Tackled It
Purpose of visit- My first degree was in Geography & Environmental Management, I applied to Memorial for masters in Employment Relations. As at the time when I first applied in May 2020, I was yet to get my results for my HR professional exams, but I mentioned it in my SOP. Also, I was still working as an executive assistant in my current organization although I was supporting HR department but have not officially moved to HR. During my second application, I added my CIPM certificates, also included an introduction letter from my company which stated that I was now in HR department. My reference letter from my previous boss also highlighted how I have a natural flair for HR and how he recommended my move to HR.
Personal assets & financial status- During my first application, I used both my mutual funds and my bank statement. In my second application, I liquidated my mutual funds and made sure I explained every lump sum with adequate proof. Also added a letter of support from my Dad to increase my POF.
Ties to home country- I used my family as my ties, talked a lot about how close we are and how we support each other. I also used my pension statement and my new role in HR as my tie and talked about how I will like to come back to Nigeria and change a lot of things in my organization and in the country when it comes to employee development and retention.

Hope this helps

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2021
How does it work, can I use my naira account for this?

Oreoluwamipo:
Why not try WU ? Its faster , less stressful and cheaper than Form A

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Fresh88Man: 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2021
I got this too when I didnt submit my medical result on time..Qlife takes 3 to 10 working days to upload the result. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shegzy25: 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2021
Please assist me the pic is blur, please open the file attached to this text

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 12:48pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:

Will share my timeline soon, meanwhile I plan to use Lagos VFS because from the recent trend it seems their processing timeline has improved. Please since this is my second application and I did my biometric at Lagos VFS do I still have to pay the transmission fee?

Good good news. Congratulations. It has finally ended in praise. May the land of Canada Favour you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 12:49pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
NSE request - Dec 8th
PPR – Mar 26th

Documents Submitted
All IMM forms
LOE (drafted it myself then had a friend of mine who is a lawyer review it, I combined both my SOP and LOE addressing the reasons for my previous refusal)
Payslips
Letter of support from my Dad (Saying he transferred the sum of 4million to me for my living expense, I did not include any gift deed/affidavit of support just the letter which he signed)
Dad’s NIN slip
Bank Statement (no too much money, showed my full tuition plus a little above 10000 cad)
Bsc Certificate
Resume
WAEC Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Undergraduate Transcript
Family Pictures
Affidavit for Loss of Death Certificate (my mum is late, used it as a family tie saying me and my siblings need each other for moral support hence I will return home after my studies)
Printed copy of my bank statement/Reference letter from my Bank (My Bank was not on MyBankStatement platform)

Purpose of visit- My first degree was in Geography & Environmental Management, I applied to Memorial for masters in Employment Relations. As at the time when I first applied in May 2020, I was yet to get my results for my HR professional exams, but I mentioned it in my SOP. Also, I was still working as an executive assistant in my current organization although I was supporting HR department but have not officially moved to HR. During my second application, I added my CIPM certificates, also included an introduction letter from my company which stated that I was now in HR department. My reference letter from my previous boss also highlighted how I have a natural flair for HR and how he recommended my move to HR.
Personal assets & financial status- During my first application, I used both my mutual funds and my bank statement. In my second application, I liquidated my mutual funds and made sure I explained every lump sum with adequate proof. Also added a letter of support from my Dad to increase my POF.
Ties to home country- I used my family as my ties, talked a lot about how close we are and how we support each other. I also used my pension statement and my new role in HR as my tie and talked about how I will like to come back to Nigeria and change a lot of things in my organization and in the country when it comes to employee development and retention.

Hope this helps

Congratulations boss
After u got “recommended interview” from ur 2nd GCMS what exactly did u do before you finally got ur ppr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2021
Nothing different apart from sending mails and web forms
marcelonwa:

Congratulations boss
After u got “recommended interview” from ur 2nd GCMS what exactly did u do before you finally got ur ppr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
Nothing different apart from sending mails and web forms

What’s the content like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
Application has passed standard processing time and an appeal to finalize the application as I have started classes

marcelonwa:

What’s the content like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by degxyflexy: 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
Good Afternoon house, please will people who already took the complete dose of Covid-19 vaccine still be asked to go for Covid-19 test before travelling
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 1:12pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:

congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 1:16pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
My deadline to defer was in the first week of Feb but I chose not to defer because September was too far. It was a risk as the alternative is to withdraw from the prog and apply again but I held on to my fate and took the decision. I am currently in my first semester of study and hopefully will be in Canada by May when the second semester begins

Congratulations ones again for the resilience and determination....
Mine is coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2021
shegzy25:
This is a PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER stating that the bank statement you used is fraudulent so you need to respond/ defend it by replying with enough evidences that it's not fraudulent within the stipulated time frame given of 15days if you don't respond within that timeframe they might go ahead with a refusal or a ban for 5years
Mostly it's advised to engage the services of an immigration lawyer to respond to it if you can afford their services

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
Teenie19:
Hello house, when is the best time to order GCMS notes....? Thank you

You can order for your case file 10 weeks after the submission of your application. By this time, there should be an update on your file.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
NSE request - Dec 8th
PPR – Mar 26th

Documents Submitted
All IMM forms
Payslips
Dad’s NIN slip
Bsc Certificate
Resume
WAEC Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Undergraduate Transcript
Family Pictures

Hope this helps

are you going to memorial??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
Yes I am

Rootiab:
are you going to memorial??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
Yes I am

pls check your email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shegzy25: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thanks for the reply it’s a PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER, aside employing an immigration lawyer what are the specifics I can do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 2:01pm On Mar 26, 2021
Hello, sorry about this, firstly I would suggest that you remove this document and blot out your personal details like name and application # as this is a public forum.....

Like you mentioned, it's a procedural fairness letter and how you respond to this would determine the success of your application. I personally suggest you get a really good lawyer and handle this with care......

shegzy25:
Thanks for the reply it’s a PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER, aside employing an immigration lawyer what are the specifics I can do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thank you so much oga!

Frankrobbn1:

You can order for your case file 10 weeks after the submission of your application. By this time, there should be an update on your file.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2021
Wow! Congratulations. Wish u all the best.

sleekcheek:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 2:06pm On Mar 26, 2021
shegzy25:

I regret to inform you that the letter you received from the immigration authorities of Canada (IRCC) is termed "Procedural Fairness Letter".

I can see that the visa officer has expressed grave concerns that you've misrepresented specifically by submitting a fraudulent company bank statement with your application.

Please be informed that it’s important to understand that there will be no other opportunity to respond after a refusal and this letter is a great chance to avoid some serious consequences that may come with a refusal such as being declared inadmissible to Canada or facing a 5-year ban if infact that you're being found guilty of misrepresentation. At this point in time, it's highly advisable that you submit a detailed and accurate report that summarizes all the critical arguments of your case. A strong and well-thought argument can lead to a more favourable decision i.e in the event that you've not purportedly submitted a fraudulent bank statement with your study permit application.

The below documents are crucial in responding to the PFL letter you received from IRCC:

Required Documentation
1. Get a Mybank Statement Certificate with ticket ID and password from your bank.
2. A bank reference letter stating the bonafide owner of the account and the exact date the account was created.
3. Print out a one year bank statement showing inflow and outflow of funds.
4. Write a detailed letter of explanation addressing the alleged misrepresentation. The LOE should be 2 to 3 pages.

Kindly be advised that if in fact that the bank statement was fraudulent, there is nothing an immigration lawyer can do in this case as there won't be evidence to overcome the visa officer's concerns.

It will end in praise

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2021
Amazing! What God cannot do doesn't exist. Congrats once more.
Are u studying MER @MUN?

sleekcheek:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2021
Yes I am, thanks a lot

Teepearls:
Amazing! What God cannot do doesn't exist. Congrats once more.
Are u studying MER @MUN?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2021
Same with me oh, I submitted same day with all NSE requirements yet nothing till date. Na wa

ToluDstar:
Submitted application with all NSE documents since February 4 and there’s been no update since then. Well I’m hopeful for my PPR before this week runs out o cause resumption is May and time don dey go.
God please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2021
Amen! Thanks a lot

ericksen:
It's a generic email.
Your application is still active though. Keep the hope alive.
You will smile soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.