Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862013 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 4:55pm On Apr 13, 2021
oyibo4real:
I've seen many questions on whether I applied via NSE. I didnt receive NSE request mail cos i submitted IELT and Statement of account backed up with Reference letter from my bank.

Anybody travelling around first week of May to Toronto precisely, let's connect.

Lastly, any Fanshawe May 2021 students here?

@Rootiab, now I understand your plight regarding preparation, am yet to look for my passport not to talk
of submission. Truly, problem no dey finish; New level, more challenges...it's well oo.

Let there be rain of PPR, God please answer the prayers of all the hopefuls in JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!

@oyibo4real congratulations on your approval once again, concerning NSE issue, I also applied on Jan 25th and they didn’t send me the request either and I know someone who applied the same with day with me also same case with her.. so it wasn’t because of the ILETS you submitted, I Still don’t know what happened that week as almost everyone who applied that week didn’t get the request.. my opinion tho..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blaze123456: 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
oyibo4real:

Hmmm! I've been imagining how its gonna be the day I'll receive my PPR and the D-day has finally come, mine came with mixed feelings though, but am ELATED, that's all that matters now grin

I thank you all for celebrating with me, I don't want to quote you to avoid making the thread unnecessarily long, thank you, thank you, and thank you again. May it continually end in PRAISES for US ALL in JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN!!!

Special Thanks to all those that still keep this thread alive, the likes of Lekiboboe, Frankrobin, Justmelow, Awys, and a host others, you guys are the real MVPs, God richly bless you in all your good endeavours, Amen!!!

Submitted on 24th January 2021
Biometrics done on 25th January 2021
Medicals on 1st week of February(cant remember the exact date shaa)
Medicals passed on 7th February 2021
Eligibility started on 9th/10th February 2021

Submitted my Son's own on 27th January 2021
There was no need for biometric as he's just 7 years old
We did medicals together and he passed his same date with mine.

I guess he was supposed to receive his PPR today too, but they sent a message requesting that I fill a study permit form in place of the visitor's form I submitted earlier. I was also asked to pay an additional fee of $50 to complete the $100 paid initially for visitor's visa.

If I start typing the docs I submitted, this post will be too long and some people might feel intimidated. All in all, just package your application well and leave no stone unturned, every application is unique so I advise you submit according to your situation but ensure to dot all your 'i's and cross your 't's.

MINE HAS ENDED IN PRAISE AND I WISH THE SAME TO ALL THE HOPEFULS IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN!!!
Congrats sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Deohlarh20: 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hello ,has anyone taken the vaccines yet in Nigeria or if the vaccine is taken are we to still do the covid test ?If anyone has information regarding this please I’d love a reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dlastcapricorn: 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2021
oyibo4real:

Send a mail to the school and they'll send you a list of their agents, you cant apply as an individual without using their agent. Most of them charge for their service while some dont.

I've replied your mail.

Congrats on your PPR.. I’m just starting this journey, I made a research on Fanshawe College yesterday and discovered this as well. The agent that helped you with your admission to fanshawe college, how much did he collect ? This school is really giving this agents privilege to prey on us..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hi! As at now, anybody travelling into Canada is required to:
1. Get a negative covid19 test before leaving your country for Canada
2. Get a negative covid19 test upon entering Canada
3. Complete a 3 day quarantine in a government approved hotel in the city you fly into in Canada.
4. Complete a 14 day quarantine in any other premises in Canada
5. Get a negative covid19 test towards the end of your 14 day quarantine

All these steps are currently mandatory, regardless if you:
1. Have gotten covid in the past
2. Have gotten vaccinated for covid19

However, it would be a wise choice to get vaccinated here in Nigeria in my opinion. I say this because the travel policies are constantly changing. And it is possible that some of these current restrictions could be removed for those who have been vaccinated.
PS: I took my first shot of the vaccine last week cool
Deohlarh20:
Hello ,has anyone taken the vaccines yet in Nigeria or if the vaccine is taken are we to still do the covid test ?If anyone has information regarding this please I’d love a reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2021
Rootiab:
My dear, e tire me. Even after collecting enrollment letter. I still dey think

Walahi this life funny, I've gotten what I've been praying for, now am stuck with indecision. It is well indeed.

@Naijaforeigner please come oo, your girl has made it grin. Abeg I need ginger, make una pardon me bikonu.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
marcelonwa:

@oyibo4real congratulations on your approval once again, concerning NSE issue, I also applied on Jan 25th and they didn’t send me the request either and I know someone who applied the same with day with me also same case with her.. so it wasn’t because of the ILETS you submitted, I Still don’t know what happened that week as almost everyone who applied that week didn’t get the request.. my opinion tho..

My sister I taya for them oo, I'm yet to understand why it takes them so much time to process Nigerian's application compared to indians that have far more numbers than we do. It's well oo, all in all keep sending them messages cos I no gree them rest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 6:13pm On Apr 13, 2021
dlastcapricorn:

Congrats on your PPR.. I’m just starting this journey, I made a research on Fanshawe College yesterday and discovered this as well. The agent that helped you with your admission to fanshawe college, how much did he collect ? This school is really giving this agents privilege to prey on us..

Actually, the agent I used didnt charge me pin, but when I referred someone she started talking plenty money. I know someone from this NL that wasn't charged from her own agent too(she shared this with me via email). Please just write the ones that process for Nigerians, you'll surely get one that wont charge you. Honestly, I still dont understand Fanshawe's reason for that undecided

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Errr: 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
zellfoxx:
Good morning guys,

Is anyone applying for Fall 2021 - MSc Computer Science at University of New Brunswick? I learnt until after the Feb 28th deadline before completed applications are reviewed. Send a DM let's connect.

Hi zellfoxx,

Any update from University of New Brunswick? Do you have an idea when they will start sending out acceptance letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dlastcapricorn: 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
oyibo4real:

Actually, the agent I used didnt charge me pin, but when I referred someone she started talking plenty money. I know someone from this NL that wasn't charged from her own agent too(she shared this with me via email). Please just write the ones that process for Nigerians, you'll surely get one that wont charge you. Honestly, I still dont understand Fanshawe's reason for that undecided

Thank you !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nomsy33(f): 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
@Frankrobbn1

Hello Sir, I sent a mail please kindly respond. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nomsy33(f): 6:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nomsy33:
@Frankrobbn1

Hello Sir, I sent a mail please kindly respond. Thanks
I really need your advice and service.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Patricknetter: 6:45pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hello
Good evening
Pls I want to apply for my study permit application but my original waec result is not yet out but I only hv the print out... Pls will that be a problem when applying or causing me denial for visa? Pls someone should a brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by possessor1: 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
Please im new here.. I applied April 6th.

How do I go about the NSE thingy.. My agent said nothing like that exist because its not on the Canadian site. Please I need more insight into the NSE.

elizyous:
@Frankrobbin

Please I was asking if its a good sign from the embassy as I got a request to send mybankstatement again yesterday. I applied on Feb 4th with all NSE requirements.

Pls respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
oyibo4real:

My sister I taya for them oo, I'm yet to understand why it takes them so much time to process Nigerian's application compared to indians that have far more numbers than we do. It's well oo, all in all keep sending them messages cos I no gree them rest.

How many times u day send..
been day send once a week, buh seems I will intensify since I have done upfront medicals and they have passed it, Class go soon start
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Backcheck: 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
possessor1:
Please im new here.. I applied April 6th.

How do I go about the NSE thingy.. My agent said nothing like that exist because its not on the Canadian site. Please I need more insight into the NSE.

Where una dey see all this Agents??

It seems these people wake up one day and attach ‘Agent’ to their names

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MrsYO(f): 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
Dear Lord Jesus,

Make PPR rain on your children( Amen)

I can imagine the pressure on peeps that have deadline, May resumption!!!

We need the Good news heavenly father, PPR stirs up faith.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
MrsYO:
Dear Lord Jesus,

Make PPR rain on your children( Amen)

I can imagine the pressure on peeps that have deadline, May resumption!!!

We need the Good news heavenly father, PPR stirs up faith.

Ha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Deohlarh20: 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
Hi! As at now, anybody travelling into Canada is required to:
1. Get a negative covid19 test before leaving your country for Canada
2. Get a negative covid19 test upon entering Canada
3. Complete a 3 day quarantine in a government approved hotel in the city you fly into in Canada.
4. Complete a 14 day quarantine in any other premises in Canada
5. Get a negative covid19 test towards the end of your 14 day quarantine

All these steps are currently mandatory, regardless if you:
1. Have gotten covid in the past
2. Have gotten vaccinated for covid19

However, it would be a wise choice to get vaccinated here in Nigeria in my opinion. I say this because the travel policies are constantly changing. And it is possible that some of these current restrictions could be removed for those who have been vaccinated.
PS: I took my first shot of the vaccine last week cool
Thanks a lot ..I’d send you a mail now so please check it out

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hello!

1)Please who has use flywire to pay tuition fee before and what was the procedure?

2)And then to pay through one's bank, what is the procedure too?
Anyone please.

To pay is about giving me an headache...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by possessor1: 8:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
What's up with the NSE a link or how to go about it is important to me right now

Help!
Backcheck:

Where una dey see all this Agents??

Its seems these people wake up one day and attach ‘Agent’ to their names
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by possessor1: 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
Please how did you apply for NSE Or what is the link?

childgodly:
Good afternoon everyone.
I got accepted to a University a week ago and I'm very excited but a bit worried about the visa application process.
I am writing IELTS this week in order to apply for the Nigerian Students Express program. However, I'm facing a LOT of issues with it. It states that i need 30k CAD in my account. I definitely haven't had that amount constantly for the past 6 months. It's possible to get that amount in order to show them, but will it still be valid if it hasn't been in the account for six months? Or should I just forget about it and use the regular route?
Speaking of the regular route, the Canadian immigration website states that it will take approximately 19 weeks to process my study permit. That is time that I do not have, because classes begin in September and I need to travel before then because of the whole quarantine thing. I know it might be a long shot, but nothing is impossible. Can anyone offer any words of encouragement or has anyone received their permit in a shorter amount of time?
I'm trying really hard not to panic and just to trust that God can do the impossible.
Looking forward to a response.
Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zodiacwarrior: 8:45pm On Apr 13, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello!

1)Please who has use flywire to pay tuition fee before and what was the procedure?

2)And then to pay through one's bank, what is the procedure too?
Anyone please.

To pay is about giving me an headache...

First of all download the flywire app on Google play store then make sure your school is affiliated with flywire if it is you would see it on the list of schools that uses flywire as a payment option.

Its not an advise tho but flywire rates are killing to Nigerian students.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ACSgrains1(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
ACSgrains1:
Good morning everyone, I need some advice
I submitted my application 2 weeks ago did my biometrics on 7th April and I am a May 2021 intake.
I want to know the right time to defer the admission to September 2021 intake.

Someone should please answer me biko �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
oyibo4real:
I've seen many questions on whether I applied via NSE. I didnt receive NSE request mail cos i submitted IELT and Statement of account backed up with Reference letter from my bank.

Anybody travelling around first week of May to Toronto precisely, let's connect.

Lastly, any Fanshawe May 2021 students here?

@Rootiab, now I understand your plight regarding preparation, am yet to look for my passport not to talk
of submission. Truly, problem no dey finish; New level, more challenges...it's well oo.

Let there be rain of PPR, God please answer the prayers of all the hopefuls in JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!

Pls i want to confirm. Did you submit your statement of account normally by just uploading or yiu used Mybankstatement feature?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onaya(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
Good evening everyone.

Please, I need your help with some piece of advice on this issue. I'm currently booking my IELTS exam with IDP, which I intend to sit on the 17 of this month. There's a space for Recognising Organisations while filling out the forms. So, I chose Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council , which is the closest organisation to the Canadian embassy.

However, my worry now is that there's no space provided for the specific receiving address of the Canadian High Commission here in Nigeria where my test results ought to be sent to.

Does IDP only conduct IELTS paper based exams only? This is because I didn't see any option for CBT. And I only saw such tests as Writing, Listening and Reading. Does it mean that they don't conduct Speaking test? Between the British Council and IDP, which of them would you suggest I register with?

Please, someone should help me out to clarify the above issues urgently, as I'm at the point of making payment for the exam. If you have previously booked and written your IELTS exam with IDP, your kind guidance would be highly cherished.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dukealara: 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
tracy0803409:
Pls for all those that have applied or applying to Fanshawe college ,how did you go about it,pls i need the various steps and processes,thanks and God bless

Use applyboard to apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:

First of all download the flywire app on Google play store then make sure your school is affiliated with flywire if it is you would see it on the list of schools that uses flywire as a payment option.

Its not an advise tho but flywire rates are killing to Nigerian students.

U used the wrong option
Try paying with international transfer in USD
That way you will
Be charged with CBN rate, that’s for form A though

When u pay in local currency that’s where they rip you off

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mmachisco: 9:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
Please, I need your help as I don't understand somethings. My program requires a coop work permit; how do I go about it? Do I apply for it as I apply for student visa cos I don't understand. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by netken: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
30k cad[Qquote author=Teepearls post=100763479]Gotten a response to my enquiries from the school. Thanks

Hi NL,
I'm seeing different figures for University of New Brunswick's 1 year MBA (saw 5k+ per semester, saw another 7k+ per semester). Kind of confused. Someone should please help me with the exact tuition fee for international students(Saint John's campus).[/quote]

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by netken: 9:45pm On Apr 13, 2021
Yes boss still in process.eligibility review ongoing
ralfael:
Yes IRCC. I provided the documents you did too. Your application is still in process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 9:52pm On Apr 13, 2021
Mmachisco:
Please, I need your help as I don't understand somethings. My program requires a coop work permit; how do I go about it? Do I apply for it as I apply for student visa cos I don't understand. Thanks

You apply for it with your study permit, your school must have given you a co-OP letter, upload it during your study permit application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60